DnD5e Storm Hollow: An Amazing Adventure - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 09-11-2017, 04:24 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 994
Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus
Jesper Droverson
BasicsName:Jesper Droverson
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Class prospect:Bard (the Face)
Background: Charlatan
Character Sheet: Almost finishedWIP
Home life & BackgroundJesper was raised in a family of *****. Basically Shameless. OK, maybe a bit better. Or in a way of looking maybe a bit worse. People are much less of a disaster but also much less funny. Blue-collar father bordering on being drunkard. Stay-at-home mother bordering on white trash. Some brothers and sisters; some older, some younger.
Mortgage. Stupid neighbors. Grandma that sends 20$ on birthdays.
In short Jesper never had a background. Never had a home life. For him, his house was basically Dursleys.
At least for him it was.
SchoolAaaah! School. It is were he shone. He was the king. For him at least. Not the one which picked at prom. He wasn't part of any clique. He was the guy in the middle. He knew everyone, he could talk to everyone. He knew the frickin' rules. Not the school rules, like the rules of the system. He could manipulate, abuse and operate within the system. He could buy the answers from a geek who needed the money for a tech project; sell them (with a profit) to the jock. When the dude got caught, he could take the blame and sent to the principal. Explain to him that he took the blame for the quarterback, because if he got anymore punishment he couldn't play in the finals. So the principal would just give him a detention and the day off.
Storm & AfterBefore Jesper became comfortable in school, he used to be fantasy geek. He wasn't a nerd (not that anythings wrong with that), he was just enthusiastic with fantasy stuff. Basic stuff like Dragonlance,
or more serious like Song of Ice and Fire (before Game of Thrones TV series) or even like ancient stuff like Krull.
He have played some cRPGs, RPGs and LARPs; but none really stuck with him. Reality was a better game,
it had better graphics. And in seriousness it was real.
So when the storm shook him. He didn't quite know what to do. He stood still for a looong period of time.
Thinking of what could be the rules and systems. Most of his first time was silent, observing. Which is not really like him. But as time passed on, he started to figure stuff up.
Appereance

Old 09-15-2017, 07:51 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6374
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Recruitment is closed!
Replacements selected:
Olhado
Duxus
Mizhi
Old 08-24-2018, 06:53 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Recruitment is back open! Looking for 1-2 players

We currently have a Fighter, A Sorcerer and a Bard.

You will be starting at Level 4!

New info is under the spoiler button for New Outcome!

Last edited by Arthilian01; 08-24-2018 at 06:54 PM.
Old 08-24-2018, 07:23 PM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2364
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
KWIP

Application:
Name: Jay Cullinane
Ethnicity: Caucasian
Class: Rogue
Personality: Jay has always been a pretty happy-go-lucky kind of guy with a good heart. Growing up as a middle child in a middle class, small town family has helped shape his ability to see most things from multiple sides. He may even be a little more empathetic than he would like to be at times and he may find himself falling into a little bit of cynicism as a defense mechanism. Overall though, he is fairly well emotionally balanced. And generally smart enough to keep himself out of trouble, while still managing to have a bit of fun.
Description: Jay has always been a little shorter than most guys his age and this has always been a bit of an embarrassment for him, even though he has always outwardly shrugged it off and joked about dynamite coming in small packages. Now at the age of 16, he has managed to reach 5'6" and that may be the stopping point for his adult life. Jay's dark hair and brown eyes can give him something of a puppy dog appearance. He has always worn the half comfort, half fashion statement clothing of his peers with T-shirts and jeans being the mainstay.

After the translation, Jay found himself dressed in strips of leather stitched together with bits of metal reinforcement (studded leather). Even the boots were designed in this way, except that the soles felt softer than any boots he had worn before. Along with the pants and snug jacket were a pair of sturdy gloves that held fast to his forearms in belted fashion. Over all this was a hooded leather cloak. There was even a mask portion to the hood to protect the face against harsh wind or rain. Another odd thing was that Jay's hair seemed to be a bit longer and more unruly beneath the hood.

History: Jay grew up in the south eastern part of the United States. His hometown was small, but the internet had made the entire world a smaller place in a way. The internet had also managed to make certain aspects of life larger than legend. In particular, the legends of knights.

Jay had grown up on stories of knights and he could never get enough of them. He would read every fantasy novel that he could get his hands on that even hinted at containing knights. His favorite, of course, was the mythos of King Arthur and his Knights of the Round Table. But there were many other knightly realms of fantasy that caught Jay's attention.

Then one fateful day, Jay found the online gaming community called Knights of Aeternum. The site offered everything from play-by-post gaming to real-time adventure sessions through programs like Rolling Thunder to knightly themed fan fiction and pod casts. Jay was in a chivalrous new heaven.

RP Sample:

Jay wasn't sure that he should keep taking those new antihistamines. They didn't just make you drowsy, they knocked you out like a light. And made your head swirl with funny lights as they did it.

Jay had been walking home from school and taking his usual shortcut across Corby's garden when he first started to feel funny. He had worried that it was some kind of tornado that was about to blow up and he had begun to run for home. Then all of the sudden he was weightless and he was sure it was some kind of reaction to the medication.

He wasn't even sure that he was awake now, because while everything was quiet and there was no wind, everything looked strange. This didn't look anything like the garden in his neighbor Corby's backyard. Not unless the elderly lady had hired someone to install a stone wall around her property and they had managed to finish while Jay was in school for the single day.

And what was the deal with silvery metallic stuff on the walls not to mention the slimy stuff that was sticking to the stones? Was that silvery stuff supposed to be some kind of writing? Jay looked around again uneasily. What was going on?

What was even more unsettling was that Jay was not wearing the same clothes that he had worn to school that day. He looked more like someone ready to attend the local Renaissance Faire or war reenactment. Except that he wasn't wearing with his fancy knightly grab that he wore for his enactment rubbing elbows in the nobles' courts, or his battle armor. Instead Jay was dressed for some sort of rough business in stitched leathers. Clearing away storm debris? Helping gather farm animals into their pens?

Except it wasn't raining and Jay had never played the role of a peasant at any of the faires. Or online for that matter. And the rugged leathers were better suited as a type of armor than everyday drudge work. Some sort of swordsman garb? But what type of swordsman had no type of now on his person, but several types of melee weapons?

It had all proved too much for Jay to try and figure out in his current state. So instead, he called out hoping someone could help provide the answers for him. "Hello? Corby? Can somebody tell me what is going on?"

Last edited by Classic Gamer; 08-26-2018 at 12:11 AM.
Old 08-24-2018, 09:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1531
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden
Ooh, ooh! Showing interest!

Old 08-24-2018, 10:03 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Welcome Classic Gamer and ElvenMaiden, I look forward to complete applications!
Old 08-25-2018, 02:37 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1531
ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden ElvenMaiden
ApplicationName: Mina Yu
right-aligned image

Ethnicity: Asian American
Class: Druid
Personality: Mina is a shy and timid girl, who loves animals and flowers. She has always been a quiet child growing up, and has never stood out among her classmates in school. Peace-loving, naive, believes strongly in honesty and hates conflicts.

Description - Before: Most of the time Mina was seen in her school uniform, which consisted of white long-sleeved blouse with a blue scarf, a gray vest, blue and gray checkered skirt, and black dress shoes with white socks. Her black, shoulder-length hair was usually tied into a low ponytail or let loose, with choppy bangs framing her face just above her dark brown eyes. She was of average height and build for her peers, about 5'3" tall and weighed around 110 pounds.

Description - After: Her school uniform was replaced with a knee-length dark blue dress over a off-white shift dress with short, puffy sleeves. Over both dresses, she was also wearing a black leather corset-like piece with matching belts, and calf-high gray boots. She also had a small cape draped around her shoulders, also gray with white fur trims.

History: Mina grew up in the countryside for the most part, until her parents decided to move to the city hoping to provide better education for their children. Mina was the middle child of three siblings, with one older sister and one younger brother. While Mina's sister and brother quickly fell in love with the city life, Mina had hard time adjusting since she had loved to spend her time in nature and with her family pets. Due to her shy personality, Mina didn't make a lot of friends right away and spent most of her breaks and lunch time reading books on the bench in the school yard. Her daily life was nothing out of ordinary, until the fateful day, when she was suddenly engulfed in a mini tornado on her way back home from school.

Last edited by ElvenMaiden; 08-25-2018 at 02:46 AM.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:40 AM
---ALL HEART---

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2364
Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer Classic Gamer
Thanks. I have really enjoyed the way the character has begun to shape up. A knight enthusiast "destined" to be a rogue instead could make for some fun RP opportunities. Hopefully, I will get the RP sample in today and the app will be official.
Old 08-25-2018, 11:42 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Just give me a heads up message when either of you feel like your apps are complete.
Old 08-25-2018, 05:17 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 386
TrippedUp TrippedUp TrippedUp TrippedUp
Showing interest! A quick question: did the current cast all disappear at the same time, or was it staggered?
Old 08-26-2018, 09:39 PM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10724
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
Silverfeathers directed me here. Said there was an opening or two. New to 5e but I’m a fast learner. Anything required for party balance? I’m not too picky about what class I play. I can bang out an application over the next few days.
Old 08-26-2018, 09:45 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Well, We have a Fighter, Sorcerer and Bard and you can see what has been applied so far, feel free to play whatever.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 994
Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus Duxus
@trippedup,
Mostly staggered for most players. We had a stable party for a long period, but just lost one.

@raylone,
5e is really easy to learn. Especially super easy in low levels.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:23 PM
A Dragony Dragon's Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1071
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
I hope you're still accepting interest in your game. I'm an ABSOLUTE newbie to this site (close to finishing tower of the mage-newbie) as well as playing by post. I'm also somewhat technically challenged. I just moved to a cow town and suddenly have no live playing options and wish to learn and embrace this style of play. Unfortunately that means I don't understand how to display pics yet. On the upside, I have a PH and am familiar with the 5e ruleset. I'll re-post my character link (still under construction). He is the 15 year old first born son of Zach Wilde (actually Zach Evans, a guitar player for Ozzy).

Name: Zach Evans
Ethnicity: Anglo
Class: Bard
Personality: Zach has natural social skills as well as the ability to play the guitar (as he started learning at age 3) at a level that turns women's panties to intangible mist that blows away with a step. His main problem is that he is a bit small and skinny, meaning that much larger high school jocks hate his guts for getting the girls that they want for themselves. Why did his father have to choose a petite wife?! Well there's nothing for it now. Zach focuses on barely skating through his classes with c's and d's while practicing the guitar. He's actually a fledgling singer/songwriter, so he hopes to break into the industry in a more acoustical sense - though 80's metal is still his first love.
Description: Zach is 145 pounds at 5'8", but a little soft and doughy. His light brown hair hangs just passed his collar bone, which he often lets partially obscure his bright blue eyes in the way of some brooding artists. This is his 15 year old style. Everyone grows.
History: Zach is the epitome of an entitled rich kid. Showered in everything money can buy, he has no idea what hard living is, let alone where food actually comes from. Leading into transition: Zach just finished making out with Britney, a girl 2 years older than him and who also happened to be dating one of the Varsity linebackers at his high school. Probably should have made it less public than the halls where her locker was. He just started walking away grinning when he noticed half the football team blocking the way he was heading, including Britney’s boyfriend. He turned and dashed the other way, grabbing the slowly closing fire door that headed to the basement boilers as the maintenance guy exited. He quickly pulled the door closed behind him (as quickly as the fire door springs would allow) until it latched solidly. Leaning back against the door, Zach sighed in relief with his eyes closed. When he opened his eyes again, it was not what he expected see. When his vision and head cleared, he found himself in a new place, a place with slimy stone walls and strange symbols in silver, metallic material, the ground beneath him was smooth stone tiles slotted together tightly. He expected to be all alone, but not this…

RP sample: Zach looked down at himself. He found he was dressed oddly, not in his normal clothes but in clothes more suited to the Renaissance Faire. Really? Purple leather armor? As someone who liked to stay on the edge of fashion, Zach was horrified by this. As a confident male, Zach was sure he could pull this look off if needed.

Please respond to this post Duxus. I would like to know if you're entertaining any interest in having me as a player. Thanks.

Last edited by Wretched Rick; 08-28-2018 at 08:29 PM. Reason: added last line
Old 08-28-2018, 09:13 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Wretched Rick: I'm the GM, actually, lol and I am still looking for interested players. Thank you for taking the time to post an application.