DnD5e Storm Hollow: An Amazing Adventure - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 08-28-2018, 10:58 PM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10724
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
I forgot to ask. How are you doing stats? Roll or point buy? Starting gold?
Old 08-29-2018, 07:31 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6374
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
Raylorne: We are doing 27 point buy
Old 08-29-2018, 07:49 AM
A Dragony Dragon's Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1071
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Right, sorry. I only saw the first page and thought that was it. LOL. So you already have a bard now and starting at level 4. I get jokes... if they're explained to me. No, really - just still trying to get used to this site. I'm not looking to double a bard, either. Let me throw something else up.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:52 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
No problem, you have plenty of time before I select anyone. Yes, Level 4 starting out. So far, we have A Fighter, A Bard and A Sorcerer. We don't have to worry about party composition so much because there is also an NPC Young Red Dragon traveling with the current party that also helps alot, This is more about telling a story than trying to win the game.
Old 08-29-2018, 09:16 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick Wretched Rick
Great. Gimme a few. I should have something up by this afternoon.
At 4th level, can we choose a feat instead of the point buy? Also, what do I do for starting equipment and gold? - meaning: is it different than 1st level, or the same?
Old 08-29-2018, 02:24 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Wretched Rick: You may choose a feat over a instead of a attribute point and you get starting equipment and background equipment, that's it. Once/If you get chosen, you'll understand why.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:21 PM

Tools
User Statistics

Name: Chris Hendrick

Ethnicity: Anglo

Class: Fighter (Battle Master)

Personality: Chris is an easy going guy. He was never prone to fighting and always had a live and let live attitude – that is, right up until some idiot decided he wanted to fight him. Chris always had one or two very good friends, but never went out of his way to make more, or to stroke the relationships of mere acquaintances. He refused to get a Facebook account, or participate in social media in any way. His old flip phone could call or text, and that was all he needed.

Description: Chris had a simple haircut that he would let go for too long between cuts, a chinstrap style beard that melded into a soul patch, and an envious physique. T-shirt and jeans with sneakers was all he ever wore. Maybe a hoodie on colder days.

History: Chris hit puberty about 13 and went through the awkward “colt” phase of not being used to his larger size after an enormous growth spurt. A few frustrating months of tripping over stairs and reaching too high to catch a ball convinced him that something had to be done. He took six months of Krav Maga, which helped him a great deal. He learned how to manage a small battlefield with multiple opponents, the most basic aspects of the martial arts, but most importantly: he quickly redeveloped a feel for his own body – where each part of it was at any given moment and what to do with that part while maintaining a strong balance. Chris got back into sports and maintained the necessary grades to stay in them (which was a difficult struggle). He was always more physical than mental.

RP Sample: “Hey, look! It’s the Dungeons & Dragons ride!” (JK) Walking home through the streets of Portland Oregon after football practice, the area was inundated by a freak storm. He was cutting through an industrial area to get to his apartment on the other side when lightning began to suddenly strike like a pit of angry vipers situated directly above him. He began trying doors on the side of a warehouse and found one unlocked. Just as he ducked inside, a phenomenon of nature – ball lightning – formed as he slammed the door behind him, sending him flying away from the electrified door as if he’d grabbed a transformer. It took several moments for his vision to clear, but he found himself in a new place, a place with slimy stone walls and strange symbols in silver, metallic material. The ground beneath him was smooth stone tiles slotted together tightly. He seemed to be all alone.
As he looked down at himself he found he was dressed oddly, not in his normal clothes but in clothes more suited to the Renaissance Faire. A heavy suit of chainmail, in fact, that makes it difficult for him to climb back to his feet.

OOC- I'm still finishing up my character. I'll edit the link onto this app soon. http://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=77090

Last edited by Wretched Rick; 09-04-2018 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 07:38 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Wretched Rick: Which Application do you plan on using? Zach Evans or Chris Hendrick?
Old 08-29-2018, 10:04 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4706
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
I love portal fantasy and just had a game end, so here goes.

Application: Ashley Ahlberg
Name: Ashley Ahlberg

Ethnicity: White (Scandinavian descent)

Class: Paladin – Oath of Devotion
right-aligned image

Personality: Most people are good, and even in her most cynical moments Ashley always tried to remember this. Ashley always did her best to live up to the family's unofficial motto: do good, be good. It wasn't enough to simply be 'not bad' as Ashley knew, she had to purposely go out and make the world a better place. Some saw that as naive, and some mocked her for her cheery attitude, but she knew the truth of what she was doing every time some thanked her or offered a smile.

A farm girl through-and-through, Ashley is never a fan of subterfuge, beating around the bush, or complicated... anything. Simple, direct, and honest was always the best way to approach a problem in her mind. It might not always work out in her favor, but learning from your failures and setting an example for others were worthwhile results in their own right. If someone didn't learn, and needed to be taught, well there was a lifetime of hard work behind that girl that delivered a hell of a punch.

Description: Before her arrival in Storm Hollow, Ashley was not know for great fashion sense. Sure, she made 'farm girl' look pretty good in her usual getup of jeans, tank top, and flannel shirt, but no one was going to her for fashion advice. Likewise, a ten-second pony-tail was not something anyone needed help with either. Dark, brown hair down past her shoulders, pale skin covered with freckles, and bright green eyes made her pretty, if unremarkable among all the other girls. The smile that was almost always on her face made her an approachable person.

Not a lot changed on her arrival in Storm Hollow, though her hair hair is now sheared short to a functional length for someone used to wielding the sword that now rests at her hip. She chafes a bit under the armor, not quite used to its weight yet, though she resists the urge to shed the protective layer of mail. While she still wears that disarming smile, her eyes are more alert and show a little too much of the concern she feels.
right-aligned image

History: Do good, be good. The wood carving that hung over the kitchen table of the family farm had been in the family for over a hundred years. The Ahlberg's might not have had an official coat of arms or motto, but that simple wooden sign said all that needed to be said about the family that called that farm home and Ashley was no exception.

Farm life was never as easy as it was for the kids in the nearby town where she went to school, but it was a life that suited her just fine. Up early for chores, bus to school, bus home, homework, and some free time. Her father had always wanted more for her than a hard farmer's life, and pushed her to be more involved at school and in town. After middle school he made her take up at least one extra-curricular activity, other than 4-H at least.

That was how Ashley ended up volunteering at a local senior's residence, and how she met Conrad. In his earlier years, he had been an author and even published a couple of novels. He had never made it big, but he had always been in it for the love of writing, a love he inspired in Ashley. In her free time at home she would write stories, poems, whatever came to mind, and when she worked she read Conrad her stories. In exchange he would read her some of his that hadn't been published, joyful at having found another who delighted so in creating something new.

RP Sample: ”Welp, haven't had this dream before.”

Ashley Ahlberg stared at the walls around her as her voice faded quickly in the damp stone room. She stood there trying to figure out where she had seen the symbols before, amazed at the brain's ability to seamlessly merge things she had seen during her waking hours. Too much time with Conrad and his stories, she thought as she made note of her surroundings to add to her next story.

She hadn't moved since opening her eyes, waiting for her dream to move on to the next thing that happened to show up, but now took a step towards one of the silver symbols etched on the wall. Immediately she realized something wasn't right. Bringing her hands to her face, she knew it was still her, but her hair was chopped short and as she ran a gloved hand through the short, brown hair she felt the weight of the armor on her arms. She took another step forward, and now knew for certain that this wasn't a dream. The weight was real, the edges were sharp, and nothing faded or blurred. A dream would have moved or shifted by now; they might not always make sense, but they never just sat in one place with nothing going on.

”Well...,” she sighed, letting her hands drop to her sides and noticing the long sword belted at her waist for the first time. ”Well, damn.”

Last edited by Starflier; 08-30-2018 at 12:23 AM.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:12 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Wow, I love it, Starflier. Only one request:

Would you be able to find a different Storm Hollows picture, Our fighter uses that exact one lol, Kinda crazy coincidence.
Old 08-29-2018, 11:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4706
Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier Starflier
Sure, I can take a look through the bajillion images I have saved on pinterest.

And done...

Last edited by Starflier; 08-30-2018 at 12:38 AM.
Old 08-30-2018, 07:29 AM

Tools
User Statistics
Chris Hendrick is my real app. I didn't realize initially that you had a bard, and I think that would be the most annoying character class to double in a party. http://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=77090

Last edited by Wretched Rick; 09-04-2018 at 11:27 AM.
Old 09-04-2018, 07:33 PM
Fluttering Freedom

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 379
Papillon Papillon Papillon Papillon
Application: Adrian
Name: Adrian Esteban Infante Petrov

Ethnicity: Russian-Latino, Nicaraguan

Class: Monk – Way of the Four Elements

Personality:

Description:

History:

RP Sample:

Old 10-11-2020, 05:04 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm restarting this campaign with a new direction. Please check the New Perspective spoiler tag for the current situation.
Old 10-12-2020, 04:09 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4065
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Interest placeholder