DnD5e Storm Hollow: An Amazing Adventure - Page 7 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-12-2020, 06:07 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1853
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Interesting concept, I have a few questions though.

*Is this 5e or D20 modern?

*The application says it's a Variant (and includes link) for modern, but the original team are all 5e Class', are we supposed to be different from each other?

*Could I apply with a conceptualised version of myself?
Old 10-12-2020, 08:09 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6374
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
The original group was all fantasy but Storm hollows has changed. You're all using the modern rules for your characters but you'll be spending a majority of play in a fantasy world.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:17 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4065
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Just to be sure I'm reading this correctly, you need two character sheets then? One using the 5e modern variant linked in the OP and the second sheet using normal 5e rules?
Old 10-12-2020, 12:05 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
@nade: I'm sorry for the misunderstanding guys. You wont need to create a character sheet at all unless you want to but you only need a modern character. Think Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe.

@triedtherest: absolutely, if you want to create a character that resembles you, that's fine

Last edited by Arthilian01; 10-12-2020 at 12:06 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4065
Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade Nade
Gotcha cheers
Old 10-12-2020, 04:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
John Black
right-aligned image

Name: John Black
Ethnicity: Caucasian British
Class: Smart Hero (Techie)
Background: Military
Personality:
Great with machines, less great with people! He's an itinerant tinkerer, and a social hand grenade. His only saving grace is that he's all too aware of this, and knows when to shut up! As a former military man, he knows how to work as a team. Since giving up alcohol, he's become somewhat obsessive about coffee! Insists that the "V" sign stands for Victory, not Peace.
Description: John is about 5'9" and due to the fact that he no longer has to maintain his physical fitness, he's getting a saggy in the gut! Keeps a short haircut for practical reasons, but since leaving the Army he has let his facial hair grow out into a small beard. Despite not being employed, he often wears overalls in day to day life, and carries around his tool bag as he is often working on something for either his friends or in a personal project.
Fear: His greatest fear is of being useless or irrelevant, both of which he was feeling before being whisked off to Storm Hollow!
Short term goals: Find something to build or fix...and a coffee!
Long term goals: Bring as much Modern Technology to Storm Hollow as he can:
"A Magical Fantasy World?" *Snorts derisively* "It'll be at least STEAMPUNK before I'm done with it!"
Backstory:
<REJECTED>
John sighed, and reached for the next letter.
<REJECTED>
This time for being overqualified. OVERQUALIFIED! THOSE ******
His thoughts on the matter were quite expansive, and he could swear like a trooper, probably because he was one. Was being the operative word! Hence these letters!
<REJECTED>
What was wrong with him? Why didn't he re-enlist when he had the chance? Too late now! He had joined up at 18 in the Royal Engineers. Now, over 20 years later, he could strip down, rebuild, or repair ANYTHING! Matt ****ing MacGyver was a rank amateur compared to him! His hand hovered over his now nearly empty bottle of gin.
Maybe my ex-wife was right He thought to himself. Maybe I do drink too much!
As if to prove him correct, he picked up the next letter, except it was actually a flyer for...
Alcoholics Anonymous! Who sent me this...oh, I should have known...! The date of the next meeting was circled, and in his ex-wife's handwriting, were the words:
Please go!
She still cared, she just couldn't stand being around him!
He looked at the time and date, it was this evening!
Well.. He looked around, and at his stacks of opened and unopened letters ...I guess that I don't have anything else to do!
He reached for another letter.
<REJECTED>
Oh s*dding mother fu.....

Today
Moments before, John had been stood in line at Sid's Cafe, waiting for his bacon butty (sandwich) and coffee to go. He had taken advantage of Sid's WiFi to check his emails on his phone. All rejections from potential employers!

Then the world exploded!

The military man in him thought, for a second at least, that he'd been the victim of some sort of Terror related attack, but he knew he would be less upright and more...well dead!

When his vision cleared, he wondered absently if somebody had decided to film another series of Game of Thrones in Bradford for some reason. The old fellow spoke:
"Young?" What is this guy on? He decided to introduce himself:

"My name is John Black, former Sergeant of the British Forces Royal Engineers, now technically retired from active service."
It felt strangely good to say that, but at the back of his mind came a sullen thought: I'm never getting that bacon sandwich now, am I?

Last edited by triedtherest; 10-13-2020 at 03:57 AM.
Old 10-12-2020, 06:54 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2111
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Greetings Art!!
Do I need to update Maya's character sheet to reflect the new rules and change my original post (on the 1st page) to incorporate the time leap? Thanks for reviving the game and coming back.
Tower graduate #820
Old 10-12-2020, 07:25 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Silverfeathers: I would love for you to come back, Silver. Yes, you have gained a level and a 5 year time lapse in the real world.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Despite my earlier question, my application "John Black" is not based on me.

Any comments or feedback?

If not, I think he's done.

Last edited by triedtherest; 10-13-2020 at 09:12 AM.
Old 10-13-2020, 10:08 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@triedtherest: that looks like a fine application.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:02 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
ranmaga
Name: Dean Lawson
Ethnicity: Caucasian (Southerner, USA)
Class: Cleric
Background: wip
Personality: wip
Description: A man with a worn leather KJV bible, a white shirt and tie.
Fear/Goals: The Fear of God, to spread the Gospel, and to find a Mrs. Lawson.
Backstory: Dean Lawson grew up as the son of a traveling Preacher man in the backwoods of the deep south. He rebelled against his religious upbringing when he attended university and became a registered Democrat and voted for Hillary in 2016. After she lost, he began to question his world view. His father had been long dead when he pulled out his old worn bible. Something about the book moved in him, and he decided to pray to the God he no longer believed in for old times sake. He opened his eyes after the prayer to see an old man and four strangers.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:10 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2111
silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers silverfeathers
Application is updated.
Tower graduate #820
Old 10-14-2020, 05:15 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
@Meilandru: I would call that a complete application. An interesting concept, as well.
Old 10-20-2020, 01:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Is this still recruiting?
Old 10-20-2020, 03:56 PM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I am going to call off the recruitment for the time being. Sorry Triedtherest.