RPXP: 9704
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Average HP
Old 05-31-2020, 09:58 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1611
MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus MarsComulus
Question- with the gold, would we be able to buy a common magic item from XGTE?
Old 05-31-2020, 10:04 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 503
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I screwed up my stats royal by rerolling all my ones so I'm gonna save everyone trouble and withdraw.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:19 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9704
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarsComulus View Post
Question- with the gold, would we be able to buy a common magic item from XGTE?
Common or uncommon. Your choice.

Edit (June 2): I reread this and the only thing you'll be able to buy are common items at PHB prices, including normal Healing Potions at 50gp per. With the character creation, You'll be able to choose one common or uncommon magic item for free

Last edited by Shaede; 06-02-2020 at 10:56 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 01:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1614
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaede View Post
Note: I’ll allow rerolling only the second 1 in 4d6. The first one will be dropped, and if you get a second one, reroll that second one. If you get a third or fourth....it’s fate.

Ad has been updated with this information
Thanks
Do you want us to include which magic item they have in the apps?

Last edited by SnakeOilCharmer; 06-01-2020 at 01:36 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 07:14 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6226
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
Application status: Complete, reviewed

Arabella Lovel
right-aligned image
Name: Arabella Lovel (Bella)

Race: Chultan Human (Variant)

Class: Cleric of Lathander (Light Domain)

Appearance: Bella looks a little older and more mature than her 24 years would suggest. She is quite tall at 5’10” and fairly athletic-looking with broad shoulders and somewhat muscular arms. Her hair is dark-brown, almost black in color and reaches well past her shoulders although she usually has it tied up in a pony tail or braided to keep it out of the way. Although many would call Bella attractive, more would refer to her as homely.

These days Bella usually dresses for action more than ceremony. She wears a steel breast plate with thick iron braces protecting her forearms. The rest of her body is protected by a flexible leather armor. Bella carries a shield proudly emblazoned with Lathander’s holy symbol, a path leading to a sunrise. She carries a long spear and a wicked-looking hand axe in her belt, eschewing the more traditional mace other Dawnbringers tend to carry.

Alignment: Neutral-Good

Background: Outlander (Chultan)

Personality Traits:
- I value actions over honeyed words.
- I have no interests in the comforts of city life or settling down with a family ever again.

Ideal: Selflessness. The lives of others are worth as much as mine so I will do what I can to protect others from danger, even at the cost of my own life.

Bond: I have dedicated my life to ridding the world of the scourge of the undead.

Flaw: I am slow to trust foreigners who usually come to Chult for riches and fame but find nothing but insects and disease.

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.

Last edited by kymrel; 06-23-2020 at 03:57 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:23 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 156
Zangul Zangul
APPLICATION STATUS - Work In Progress.

Name: Kriv Earbender Norixius
Race: Dragonborn (Green dragon ancestry)
Class: Bard College of Swords
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Entertainer
Entertainers Routines: *instrumentalist
*Singer
*Storyteller
Personality Traits: 1) I know a story relevant to every situation.
2) I get bitter if I'm not the center of attention.
Ideals: *Tradition the stories, legends and songs of the past must never be forgotten, for they teaches us who we are.
Bond: I want to be famous, I'll do whatever it takes.
Flaw: I once satirized a noble who still wants my head. It was a mistake I will most likely repeat.

Last edited by Zangul; 06-10-2020 at 11:57 PM.
Old 06-01-2020, 03:33 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1905
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Death-From-Above
right-aligned image

APPLICATION STATUS - Complete, Submitted for Review

Name: Death-From-Above

Race: Variant Human (Chultan)

Class: Barbarian (Primal Totem: Tiger)/5

Background: Chultan Tribe Member (Cartographers Tools)
-Personality Trait 1: I once ran twenty-five miles without stopping to warn my clan of an approaching undead horde. I’d do it again if I had to.
-Personality Trait 2: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won’t save you from a hungry ghoul.
-Ideal: Glory. I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my clan.
-Bond: I am the last of my tribe, and it is up to me to ensure their names enter legend.
-Flaw: There’s no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.

Personality:DFA is a man who knows and embraces the value of life. He fights, drinks, loves, and laughs hard. Every Chultan knows that the jungles are very unforgiving and that each day may be your last. Weep for the dead, but also celebrate their life in story and song. Outside of combat, he is uplifting and encouraging. In the heat of combat, the primal instincts of the hunter come out. He is focused only on the kill and the smell of blood in the air. Every movement is deliberate and meant to end the life of something. When adventuring with others, he often asks them about their past experiences and places they’ve been. Stories are often used as gifts and a form of currency among his people as it relies heavily on an oral tradition of passing information through the generations. Being a nomadic clan doesn’t lend itself to keeping much of a library after all.

Appearance: DFA has dark ebony skin and long black hair like most Chultans. His towering size and build make him intimidating even when he doesn’t want to be. He is draped in a tiger skin cloak and loin cloth leaving most of his chest and legs exposed for mobility. Various green, gray, and white paints are used to help camouflage his body while lurking up in the trees or in the bushes. Scars appear at random points on his body from multiple fights with animals and humanoids. Each scar has a story behind it which he is more than willing to tell if the person is willing to listen.

Backstory:
-Origin: Death-From-Above is one of the native Chultans from the Thinguth Tribe that reveres Ubtao. His extended family is of the Tiger clan, after their Patron totem spirit. His clan was known for its role as guides and nomads of Chult and some of the best map makers of the region known as Maze Tracers. His path is that of the warrior and the guide. Most of his interactions with non-natives is in the port city of Nyanzaru. His services are offered as a guide and cartographer in exchange for goods that his clan needs or money to purchase those things. One day while he was at Nyanzaru, a horde of undead attacked his tribe. Most of the horde had been vanquished before the last of the Tiger clan warriors fell. Death-From-Above returned to carnage and pain. The bodies were burned in a large pyre and offerings to the great Tiger spirit made for the glorious death they had received in battle. Now he is all that is left of a proud clan. The Chultan warrior swore that he and his clan would not fade into obscurity. All of Chult would revere their names and memories.

-Hometown:His hometown is Chult for lack of a better term. His clan was nomadic and had traveled over the majority of Chult’s regions at one point or another. The city of Port Nyanzaru was their main point of contact with Non-Chultans. Some even participated as riders in the Dinosaur races to bring in extra supplies during lean times. Most of the tribe learned to create temporary lodgings in the trees of the jungle for safety. Yes there were things like snakes and such in the canopy, but it ruled out many of the ground predators that couldn’t climb.

-Reason for Traveling: Death-From-Above’s clan was nomadic, so they traveled throughout Chult just as part of their culture. The reason he travels now is as a guide to treasure and lore seekers who wish to plunge into Chult’s jungle. His maps are also in high demand at the local market. Every month or so, he will travel to a new area of Chult to map it out to sell.

-Goals: Death-From-Above is the last of a clan of nomadic warriors and scholars. He must make sure that his clan’s history does not fade into obscurity. To do this, he must travel to each of the other clans and making peace with them and record their history as well. As part of his last act in this world, he would make a pilgrimage to find the lost city of Mezro to immortalize the history of the clans into its libraries.

There is also a legend about a Chultan clan of the Maw (what the Chultans call a T-rex). It was a clan whose spirit totem was the greatest Predator in Chult and once upon a time had United all the other clans under a single banner against the evil that festered within the jungle. In order to become a member of the clan, a warrior had to defeat one of the Maw in single combat and eat its heart to gain its power. Wearing the skin of the kill would then garner the respect of the other clans. DFA believes that the time has come to unite the clans to finally eradicate the undead from the jungle once and for all.

Last edited by Hiruma Kohaku; 06-06-2020 at 10:39 AM.
Old 06-01-2020, 06:33 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7351
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Welp with the average rolls I've been handed, I think I can make an interesting character from them!

Character App
Application Complete!

left-aligned image

Name: Segwann Kenir
Race: Gnome (Rock)
Character Class: Bard (Whispers)
Character Sheet: Complete
Personality: Segwann is a very meek individual. Speaking softly and curling inward by default in his stature he seems to disappear with great ease. Coming and going without leaving much of an impression on folks unless he's convinced (e.g. goaded) to sing. For being such a small fellow his voice carries a surprising distance, clear as a summer day and wonderfully rich in tone and melody. It's strange he has to be pushed to demonstrate his natural talents. He mumbles to himself frequently, struggling to speak up to those speaking directly with him and generally averting his gaze. Even with this quiet temperament he's a veritable fountain of knowledge. Knowing a little bit about everything yet much of what he says goes amiss as a result of his soft voice. Despite folks passing him over or not always acknowledging him he continues to try and break out of his own shell, and he doesn't run away in the face of danger. He's quiet, timid, borderline invisible at times, yet there's an obstinance to persevere and a courageous heart trying to grow strong.

Why/When: Segwann had been a member of the crew of The Stormcaller for over a year, having offered his services to keep spirits up during these long voyages for the men aboard. The captain had scoffed at the idea, pointing out the Gnome was too soft-spoken to truly be able to belt out his favorite sea shanties or even speak up for himself! Yet Norin vouched for the quiet half-folk, showing that with enough encouragement Segwann showed that he had a crystal clear falsetto, ringing out like chimes in the wind. With that brief audition he was hired as the bard for the crew of The Stormcaller. On their first journey they became caught in a vicious storm, threatening to smash the ship apart among the waves. During the scramble, secured to the railing on deck for reasons Segwann had yet to figure out, he did the only thing he could do. Panic. He belted out a shrill rendition of 'That Famous Ol' Spiced'. Without realizing it his voice cut through the howling winds and driving rain and reached the ears of even the men scrambling across the rigging and below decks. Seemingly spurred on by that borderline shrieking the crew made it through the night. The hull held together, bailing had slowed but was still having to be done in shifts, and a few men had been lost overboard. However, they weren't headed towards the ocean floor. He received a hearty round of thanks, backslaps, and offers for many free drinks. All of which Segwann mumbled his way through, unable to meet anyone's gaze as adoration and praise was heaped upon him.

Since then he had been hired as a part of the crew, serving as something of a good luck charm for the crew and the ship. He still doesn't understand why it was this job, of all that he's had in his long life, that he seemed to actually be wanted and people show him appreciation. He continues to play and sing for the crew to push them through long, hard, or dull days at sea. When The Stormcaller made port at Nyanzaru, Norin pulled Segwann aside and shared with him the rumors of this place. The fallen civilization that is beginning to rise once more, a jungle teeming with living and dead, this very port rich with trade and possibilities! He wanted the Gnome to offer his talents and magical skills to help tame this primeval jungle, even touching on the idea that this place supposedly underwent a massive change when the Spellplague hit. A place rich in magic was in need of a fellow like Segwann!

He resisted at first, wishing to remain the crew's good luck charm, finally finding a place he belonged among his fellow sailors. But in the days anchored in Nyanzaru, he could feel something in the air. A pull. A call. Something was beckoning him to stay. Even the whispers seemed more distant in his short time here. Summoning what little courage he had gained he took up Norin's offer to stay, got his recommendation to one of the local guilds, and prepared himself for whatever dangers awaited him in this mysterious and terrifying wilderness!

Background:

Old 06-01-2020, 06:50 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 738
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
Just wanted to say again that my Application is done, feedback is appreciated.
Old 06-01-2020, 08:22 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 738
GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh GoombaJosh
Wait, nevermind it's still in WIP, forget that previous post. That doesn't exist.
Old 06-02-2020, 03:22 AM
Old Sphinx

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1070
Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius Crucius
Complete
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Bancroft Nibworth
Race: Variant Human
Class: Celestial Pact of the Blade Warlock 3/Abjuration Wizard 2
Background: Archaeologist
Trait #1: I may be present to traverse the wilds in search of knowledge, but that does not mean I have forgotten the conventions of polite society.
Trait #2: I may be getting on in years, but the potential for a great discovery infuses me with a youthful vigor.
Trait #3: In all my years, my nose has not failed me. I trust it greatly and oftentimes sniff the air of a novel or strange context in an attempt to further my understanding.
Ideal: Guidance. Knowledge is the wind which makes the world to spin. It is the wellspring from which civilization and its inhabitants drink. My pursuit of knowledge is to aid the betterment of all civilized life. (Good)
Bond: I have been very thorough in my studies on the Couatl, an ancient race of divine creatures. A great god of theirs has guided me to search the secret of a world serpent, a potential threat to the entire planet.
Flaw: When confronted with the prospect of discovery, I tend to ignore personal risk. Sometimes, I rush into situations without considering my limitations.
Appearance: I am hard looking older gentleman with a proud and noble bearing. I have accomplished much in my life and make no attempts at hiding that. My gray hair and the wrinkles on my face show my experience, both in the study halls and the field. This award on my chest was given to me by High Mage Taern Hornblade back when he was in charge of Silverymoon. It is a medal of distinction for the advances in abjuration magic, advances that improved the defences of the entire city I might add. While I look old, my recent dealings with the coautl seem to have had an effect on my health and I can move as quickly and take a hit just as well as when I was but twenty. I am often accompanied by Edwin, my faithful vulture. He has been my familiar for upwards of thirty years and has proved his immense worth time and time again.
Backstory: Though I was born in the city of Waterdeep, I will always consider Silverymoon my home. My family was just well off enough to send me to the Lady’s College when I showed the early talent for wizardry. I excelled in my studies between my sharp mind and my knack for magecraft and soon became involved in many of the studies about the conclave. I continued my post graduate work there and found myself involved in various studies as well as finding a wife and raising a family. I took the odd expedition for research purposes during that time, but nothing that drew me too far from home. It wasn’t until my children had grown and my wife had passed that I began to take more distant and dangerous expeditions. But the furthest, latest, and most profound was a trip aboard an Amnish trading vessel to the distant land of Mazteca, a land thought lost to the spellplague. While there, I was able to discover many strange and wonderous things. The most impactful however, were many intricate carvings of winged snakes and evidence of a goodly people who worshipped them. Something deep within my soul drew me to the drawings, a yearning to discover the true nature of the creatures. Upon returning to the continent, I buried myself in research into the ancient beings. I discovered much about the Couatl, as they were called. I poured over every text I could find on them from Everdusk to Candlekeep. I discovered their ancient causes, their great deeds, and their awesome power. At the apex of my study, I found myself in sudden communion with one of them, a vassal of Jazirian named Bezir. He told me of his kind’s admiration for the gathering of knowledge. He told me of many more things concerning them, some of which I was forbidden to share. He told me of a great evil that needed to be defeated for the continued existence of this world. And so I entered a pact with Bezir, to receive the knowledge and power I would need to subdue this evil. His first directive was to come here, to the jungles of Chult. It is here I will begin my new search for answers.

Ability Scores
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	25E69C81-DE60-4432-94A2-E2E69005851B.png
Views:	109
Size:	38.7 KB
ID:	85015  

Last edited by Crucius; 06-19-2020 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Added Backstory
Old 06-02-2020, 11:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6226
kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel kymrel
My application is ready. I tried my best to keep the backstory short and to the point, just hope I haven't lost too much cutting it down

I would welcome a review if you are planning to do some!

I have taken the Oath of Sangus.
Old 06-02-2020, 04:00 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 437
routzong routzong routzong routzong routzong
APPLICATION STATUS - Complete

Ink Application
right-aligned image
Name: Ink on Skin "Ink"
Race: Tabaxi
Class: Bard - College of Whispers
Personality: Curious and pleasant, Ink is always looking for the next adventure, the next treasure or his next assignment from the faction. On a good day all three of these things line up on the job. Easily bored, Ink loves being the center of attention. From bad jokes, to average musical talent to phenomenal feats of acrobatics, he will use whatever means necessary to distract, charm or scare someone as required to get whatever he needs. Good and bad are not things he troubles himself with. He will just just as gladly safely guide a group of merchants across the jungle of Chult as slaughtering a unsuspecting debtor in his sleep, as long as the payment is right.

Appearance: Ink is almost always well dressed and clean. His yellow fur is contrasted all over with the jet black rosette spots of a jaguar, hence his name "Ink on Skin". Average size for a Tabaxi, there is nothing particularly assuming about Ink, except for his piercing green eyes.

Background: Faction Agent - The Zhentarim

Personality Traits:
Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
I’ve enjoyed fine food, drink, and high society among my temple’s elite. Rough living grates on me.
Ideals: Change. We must help bring about the changes the Faction is constantly working in the world. (Chaotic)

Bond: I owe my life to the Faction that took me in

Flaw: Once I pick a goal, I become obsessed with it to the detriment of everything else in my life.

Hometown: Port Nyanzaru, (born in the jungles of the Chult)

Backstory: Ink was born a slave, deep in the jungle Chult. His father, Two Winds and mother, Little Flower were captured along with much of his clan by a group of Yuan-Ti when he was too young to remember. Forced to work in the temple, under harsh taskmasters, Ink led a life of monotony and pain. His parents regaled him with stories of the life they new before. What little free time he was afforded, he entertained himself by playing with the various musical instruments he found stored around the temple. He also enjoyed any time he could get outside to work on his acrobatic skills. His feline build allowed him to leap, balance and climb with amazing ease.

As the years moved on and his parents health began to decline, his parents stories turned towards plans for escape. Soon they had hatched a plan, to execute during the Yuan-Ti's Fesitval of Sseth. At the height of the sacrificial frenzy, a fire brazier would "accidentally" fall over in the corner of the temple. In the ensuing panic the five children of the tabaxi clan would flee into 5 different directions, the adult slaves would remain to keep suspicions as low as possible and give the children more time to flee.

The plan was a sound one and on that hot, steamy evening, at the hissing sounds of Yaun-Ti and smoke beginning to bellow from the temple, Ink made his escape. He followed the path his parents had described countless times, ducked into shadows, and leapt up and onto roofs as he fled the village. Once away, with no sense of anyone following, he slowed his pace slightly, trying to gain his bearings. His senses were getting overwhelmed with so many new smells, sounds and sights as he continued fleeing through the night, splitting time between the ground and think tree canopy.

After the evening of his great escape, he began to look for an area where he could safely survive on his own. He soon regretted the decision to not coordinate a location for the five tabaxi children to meet, but the parents were too afraid that if any were caught they would then all perish. He learned that he was a fine hunter who could survive well enough on his own, but also that he missed companionship. Who could he share his great escape story with? Would anyone hear the songs he composed as he worked? Fortunately, one day as he wandered farther than normal from his normal home territory, he noticed a well dressed pair of Tabaxi walking behind a wagon on a rough, muddy trail through the jungle.

He approached cautiously from behind, making a quiet noise, close to a purr so as not to scare the strangers. He was not successful and soon found himself prone with two swords at his throat. After a few words and grunts, they let him up and before long they were joking and enjoying each others company. He'd run into River Mist and Flask of Wine, Tabaxi from Port Nyanzaru. Without a second thought, Ink left behind his lonely jungle existence, and followed the guides back to Port Nyanzaru. Soon after, he also joined the Zhentarim, and has managed to earn a comfortable living as an entertainer and acrobat around town, as well as working "odd" jobs for the faction. While not afraid of the jungle, he quickly learned to prefer the softer living of the city when he had the choice.

While enjoying the life he's stumbled upon, Ink's thoughts and dreams often turn to the fate of parents and clan, and the others that had escaped with him. He always listened for any news of Yuan-Ti villages or Tabaxi orphans. Maybe he would plan a rescue one day, would the Faction back such an effort he wondered?

Last edited by routzong; 06-05-2020 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Added application status, more details and backstory
Old 06-03-2020, 09:14 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1322
DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII
Posting interest- I have a character concept idea for a dwarf fighter/rogue- essentially, a special-ops mercenary who's a tactical genius and a skilled scout and combatant.