RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 06-29-2020, 10:05 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1322
DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII DurinVII
Congratulations and best of luck to Shaede and all of you who were accepted! Great applications all around!
Old 06-29-2020, 10:43 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1905
Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku Hiruma Kohaku
Congratulations to everyone who was selected. Hope I get a second shot if apps open again. Had fun coming up with this character.
Old 06-29-2020, 10:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6396
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
I'm here if slots open up.
Old 06-29-2020, 12:09 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15855
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Good luck in the game Everyone!
Old 09-27-2020, 08:27 PM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9704
Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede Shaede
Applications are reopened until 8 am CST October 12. If you previously submitted an application and are still interested in joining us, please create a post below this with a link to your original application. Of course, new applications are welcome as well from anyone.

This is for one replacement player.

Current Composition:

Cleric
Ranger
Bard
Fighter

Current Apps
User NameClassRaceStatus
JaredSyn Keylen Swiftbreeze Ranger - Hunter Wood Elf Complete
SnakeOilCharmer Janiisa Thohoko Wizard - Divination V. Human Complete

Last edited by Shaede; 09-28-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 06:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6396
JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn JaredSyn
Sure still interested but might tweak her a bit to be more Archer focused. https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...90#post8782490
Old 09-28-2020, 08:10 AM
Confused and confounded
Outplay 2011  

Outplay 2013  

Outplay 2014

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 29163
Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten Thorsten
If you are looking for a campaign and someone to run it, allow me to recommend Shaede.

I am part of the group, and it has been a blast so far. Shaede does a great job implementing your characters background into the adventure and we have enjoyed quite a bit of both inter-party RP but also RP with the world Shaede is fleshing out. Tweak your previous applications, make new, either way - this game has my seal of approval.

Last edited by Thorsten; 09-28-2020 at 09:43 AM.
Old 09-28-2020, 09:17 AM
Creature of the Deep

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8010
Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith Nasrith
Shaede, are you recruiting replacements or planning to run a second campaign?
Old 09-28-2020, 09:32 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
I am looking for one replacement player.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:35 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1614
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
What is the party composition currently? I quite like my original application, but if it won't fit with what's there I have no bones with creating another.
Old 09-28-2020, 10:43 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2884
Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome Clawsome
is Echo Knight or Blood Hunter class allowed?
Old 09-28-2020, 11:33 AM
Master of None

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeOilCharmer View Post
What is the party composition currently? I quite like my original application, but if it won't fit with what's there I have no bones with creating another.
Current Composition:

Cleric
Ranger
Bard
Fighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clawsome View Post
is Echo Knight or Blood Hunter class allowed?
Nope
Old 09-28-2020, 12:10 PM
rawr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1333
Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23 Lemming23
My dance card was full when this was originally offered, so I didn't put in an app at the time, but now that I have a spot left...

Edited: Here's my application, which I think is complete. Haven't done HP - not sure how you're doing them, rolling or taking average? Magical item is a cloak of protection (+1 to Ac and saves). If there's any stupid mistake I've made anywhere, feel free to correct and let me know.

Byrhtferth, Half Orc Rogue (Thief)
left-aligned image
Name: Byrhtferth

Race: Half Orc

Class: Rogue (Thief)

Stat rolls

Background: Hermit

Personality Traits: 1) Reluctant to lift a weapon, but determined once he has done so.
2) Eager to talk about his theories with anyone who shows interest.

Ideal: To bring about acceptance of and by Orcs as a civilised nation, as capable of respect and learning as any other race in Faerun.

Bond: Byrhtferth still seeks the evidence that will prove his theory right, which still eludes him.

Flaw: Byrhtferth is desperate for his theory to be true; if it proves not to be the case, he may fall into madness and the primal savagery that he rejects; in his bleakest moments, he suspects this is the case.

He / Him. Playing: Letholdus, Halfling Tempest Cleric, Snick-R-DDL-1, Troubleshooter
Running: The First Mask (Cthulhu Zero)

Last edited by Lemming23; 10-05-2020 at 01:42 PM.
Old 09-28-2020, 12:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1614
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
OK, I'll resubmit my wizard for consideration.
Old 09-28-2020, 03:58 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 218
Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch
I am not familiar enough with the area to pick a home for Gavin, but I would be happy to have you decide where he would have best fit.

Name: Gavin
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Paladin
Description: Gavin is 4’6” tall and weighs 180 pounds. He has shoulder length brown hair, a bushy brown beard that flows down to his waist, and bright blue eyes.
Background: Soldier (infantry)
Personality: Gavin desperately wants to live up to his family legacy. He practices with his weapons whenever he can, going through his workout alone if necessary but he always likes a sparring partner. He makes sure to keep his weapons and armor in pristine shape, not only to make a good impression but because they will better serve him that way. He will seek to help those in need and he can’t abide bullies. While not greedy, Gavin does fit the stereotype of a dwarf when it comes to spending money and he can pinch a copper with the best of them. He can’t swim at all and he is afraid of the water. He is outgoing and sometimes a bit boisterous, but he takes battle very seriously and he seeks every opportunity to learn something new. He secretly wants to perform a spectacular act of bravery and earn a name like his grandmother did.
Ideal: Our lot is to lay down out lives in the defense of others.
Bond: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
Flaw: I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.

Backstory
Gavin grew up as the youngest of two brothers in a family with a history of serving in the royal guard. This began with his grandmother, Ysabel the Red, an honor she earned on the same day she got her name. There is a large town in the foothills of the mountains that the dwarves traded with. When Ysabel was a young adult several goblin tribes banned together and began attacking the trade caravans. To put an end to this the dwarven king had a fake caravan assembled with soldiers hiding in the wagons and disguised as the merchants and the expedition was being led by the prince. The ruse worked and the goblins attacked the caravan. If it had been a normal raid the dwarves would have had plenty of soldiers to deal with the goblins, but since the last raid a group of ogres had joined the goblins and the tide of battle began to go against the dwarves. Ysabel found herself fighting next to the prince, who was fending off two of the larger goblins. An ogre saw the prince was distracted and lunged at him with a spear. Ysabel knew she couldn’t block the blow, so she stepped in front of it and was impaled on the spear. With a shout of rage Ysabel walked down the shaft of the spear, forcing it through her body so she could get close enough to hit the ogre. She then laid into the beast with her axe with such ferocity that the rest of the battle came to a stop as everyone turned to look. When the ogre finally fell Ysabel had severed both of its arms and she was covered in its blood. The display was so unnerving the goblins and ogres fled. From that day on everyone called her Ysabel and Red and for her bravery she was given a position on the prince’s guard, and she eventually became the captain of his guard when he became the king.

Ysabel has since retired but Gavin’s father and uncle are both members of the king’s guard. In the last goblin war several years ago his older brother distinguished himself enough to be granted a spot on the prince’s guard. Gavin has served in the dwarven army, but things have been mostly peaceful for several years, so he has had no opportunity to win a spot on the guard. His brother has a tendency to lord this over him and Gavin is fed up with it.

Gavin has always wanted to live up to his family name, but more than that, he wants to serve something greater than himself as well. Protecting the royal family was the one way he knew of to do that, but he always felt that there was a greater good he could serve. There is evil in the world and he believes it is his duty to protect others from it. His grandmother saw this desire in him and introduced Gavin to a fellow dwarf she knew from her younger days who had returned home for a visit His name was Daelin and he was a paladin who travelled the lands fighting evil. After speaking with Gavin for several days Daelin saw something of a fellow spirit in him, so he decided to take Gavin on as a squire. Gavin spent the next several months in rigorous training, learning as much about combat as he did the ways of evil and the life of a paladin. When Daelin thought he was ready, he took Gavin with him on his travels. After about a year they returned home where Gavin took the Oath of Devotion, devoting his life to serving others. After about another year of working together, Daelin told Gavin he was ready to strike out on his own. After all, traveling separately they could reach more people. Soon after that Gavin heard about Chult and the undead scourge festering away in the jungle, so he decided to go there and work to cleanse the jungle of the foul creatures and other evil.