Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 499
Discipulus Discipulus Discipulus Discipulus Discipulus
To The North

Applications Are Now Closed.

Game NameTo The North
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeAdventure, Treasure-Hunting, Danger, Harsh Environment, Theater of the Mind
FlavourA Journey Into The Ancient Northern Mountains In Search Of Treasure
Info Dump

Plot Hook
Wobora, a gaunt old man who lived in a shack on the edge of Radomir's ill-defined borders, had always been considered odd. But a few days ago he did something especially unusual. Mid-afternoon on that mild summer day, he began shouting in a loud voice that he planned to travel into the north in search of treasure that he was certain was in one of the tallest mountains. Most people eyed Wobora with pity, and a few chuckled a bit at the "old fool." But when Wobora pulled a jingling pouch from his grey robes and promised to pay anyone willing to guard him on his journey, the crowd began to disperse. No one wanted to do it, and the old man was so insistent that it was rather embarrassing.

So insistent, in fact, that you couldn't help but be curious. Some time before this morning, you visited Wobora's shack and read the parchment nailed to its door. It was in crooked, bunched writing that made your eyes hurt but you eventually pieced it together:

Help Wanted. Journey to North. Have mental map but need protection. Very worried. Will pay 10 gold up front each. All treasure found is yours save crystal sphere. Inquire Within.
So you did.

RadomirRadomir is the northernmost settlement in the entire continental kingdom of Ormend. Whether Radomir is a town or more of a noble-run outpost is a topic that the majority of Radomir's inhabitants are simply uninterested in. They pay their taxes to Lord Greenwick once a year, he presumably pays some sort of homage to the faraway king, and that is as much interference from authorities as is usually necessary, in most peoples' opinion.

Radomir is a small, quiet, remote place in a sprawling, hilly grassland, and sees few visitors, though those are usually welcomed. Radomir summers are mild, while autumn and spring are chilly and winter is very cold.

About 3 days to the East and slightly South of Radomir, near the Eastern Coast, is a Winzig village whose inhabitants visit infrequently.

To the South of Radomir is the majority of Ormend, a densely forested land all the way until its southern coasts.

West of Radomir is The Old Forest, the lumber from which most buildings in Radomir are constructed.

North of Radomir, a hilly and increasingly colder terrain gives way to a huge mountain range. None in recent memory have explored further north than the closest of those mountains, with the ice and extreme cold a strong deterrent even without the many tales of terrible monsters inhabiting the land.

Despite its remoteness, Radomir sees a respectable amount of visitors, usually merchants or well-to-do people curious about the uniquely located settlement.

Playable Peoples
As is true in most of Ormend, the majority of Radomir's inhabitants are humans. Of the rest, most are of the Oen, with their fiery constitutions making them especially suited to the cold climate, but no peoples are inherently unwelcome in Radomir.

Humans: Humans' origin is uncertain, and they are found all over Ormend. The ruler of Ormend has always been a human, but until such time as a ruler leaves no heirs to the throne, whether this is due to law or chance is not considered relevant. By most humans, anyways.

Some humans (about 1 in 30), possess a specific elemental affinity/heritage that is manifested strongly. In ages past, this was viewed with various extremes of wonder or suspicion, but now it is largely viewed as a natural, if uncommon, occurence. Humans use either the standard PHB rules or those of the Genasi.

The Oen: Said to have been created by Lord Veroen, the Oen are a tall people who possess varied shades of orange-red skin. Long ago they were feared by humans as bloodthirsty monsters, but though they are still renowned for their physical prowess, they do not possess any special tendency towards evil. Rather than a family name, the Oen typically use the format "[given name] of [mother's given name]" to refer to themselves. The Oen use the Half-Orc rules in the PHB but also have resistance to the player's choice of cold or fire damage.

Most of the inhabitants of Radomir work as either farmers or craftspeople, but there are exceptions.

Visitors, of course, might come from all over Ormend:

The Winzig: Said to have been created by Lady Avodara, the Winzig are a small, reclusive people who generally remain in their coastal villages, though they are known to be talented sailors. The Winzig use the Halfling rules in the PHB.

The Dwarves: Said to have been created by Lady Zem, the Dwarves are a stout, hardy people who are found mainly in central Ormend, where in the last few centuries they have become much less reclusive than before and often find careers as respected craftspeople. As a general rule, Dwarves do not use surnames, but almost all Dwarves refer to themselves as "[given name] of the earth." Dwarves use their rules in the PHB.

ELVES...: Elves are not native to Ormend and rarely visit from the southern continent of Kon, days' journey over sea from Ormend. The chances of an elf traveling all the way to the northern settlement of Radomir are negligible.

ANYTHING ELSE: Please PM me and we can try to work it out. A likely result here would be us re-flavoring the mechanics of something to be some style of elemental sub-species or similar.

Pantheon
Whether the four Prime Elementals are Gods or themselves servants to some higher power is unclear. They are each known either by their formal title or less reverently as their corresponding element.

Air:

Earth:

Fire:

Water:

About Me and What I'm Looking For
Hello! I've have only been DMing for a few years but I really enjoy it and I hope to simultaneously improve my skills and provide an enjoyable game through this PbP format!

In terms of Players and PCs, I'm looking for engaging people who are willing to work with others towards a common goal. To me, it's more important that your character be interesting and that you roleplay them with detail than that your character is mechanically optimal, but I don't at all think that those things are mutually exclusive.

Other Details/Summary
Starting Level: 3
Sources Permitted: PHB and XGTE, along with the Genasi race. Note that while you reflavoring something is fine with me and I'd be happy to work with you on that, subclasses and spells with a strong fiendish or fey theme don't fit in this setting by their standard flavor and might need reflavoring. PM me if you have any doubts or suggestions for how you'd like to reflavor something. Also, UA subclasses or races may be accepted; PM me about the option.
Starting Ability Scores: Please use Standard Array or Point Buy.
Multi-Classing: Allowed.
Feats in Place of ASIs: Allowed.
Alignment:Non-Evil.
Gear: Starting Equipment. While I don't plan to be a huge stickler about this, running out of resources such as food and water will be possible. The bigger issue will be dealing with the extreme cold. Get that cold gear!
Party Size: 4-5 PCs.
Posting Rate: 2 Post-Per-Week Minimum.
Requsted Unpublished Material Status
Phoenix Soul Sorcerous Origin Allowed
Pyromancer Sorcerous Origin Allowed

And Finally,
Application Components
Please include the following in your application:

Character's
Name:
Species (Race):
Class and Subclass:
Background:
Personality Trait:
Personality Trait:
Ideal:
Bond:
Flaw:
Appearance:
A backstory that, along with giving your character's history, clarifies whether your character is from Radomir or somewhere else (if so, what brought them here?), why your character is accepting Wobora's quest, and what your character thinks of Radomir.
Additionally, please state what draws you as a player to the character you've created.

That's a lot. Please PM me if you have any questions or post them here!
After you've submitted your application or no longer have it marked WIP, expect me to send you some feedback by PM within a day or two!

The Applicants
Applicant Character Status Feedback Given?
Wayfinder Withdrawn Withdrawn No
triedtherest Borkin Submitted Yes
Murdoch Gavin Submitted Yes
LdyZamara Withdrawn Withdrawn No
Hal Hammerhand Withdrawn Withdrawn Yes
DeviousDolly Alrrick Submitted Yes
Alemar Fabian Submitted Yes
Aoem Brunhilda Submitted Yes
SnakeOilCharmer Hroana Submitted Yes
InMemoriam Vitalie Submitted Yes
Grouchy Kota Submitted Yes
Bumblemeister Hroşulf Submitted Yes
Arthilian01 Unger Submitted Yes

The deadline for applications is 12 a.m. EST, the morning of October 20th.

Last edited by Discipulus; 10-20-2020 at 12:05 AM. Reason: Updated Applicants Table
Old 10-01-2020, 09:29 AM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
wayfinder wayfinder
Hi, interesting idea. I have a few questions.

Quote:
Harsh Environment
What does that mean in your interpretation? Are you going to use some special rules, or environmental effects will frequently have game-mechanics effects? Are you going to require supply tracking?

Quote:
Radomir is the northernmost settlement in the entire continental kingdom of Ormend.
Can we expect social encounters with native cultures, or is this going to be fully a environmental challenges game?
Old 10-01-2020, 02:29 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayfinder View Post
Hi, interesting idea. I have a few questions.

What does that mean in your interpretation? Are you going to use some special rules, or environmental effects will frequently have game-mechanics effects? Are you going to require supply tracking?

Can we expect social encounters with native cultures, or is this going to be fully a environmental challenges game?
Hi, wayfinder. Thank you for the question! This adventure will take place in a location that sees extreme cold, frequent strong winds, and frequent heavy precipitation in the form of snow flurries.

While the latter of these should be a frequent factor, characters with cold gear and/or cold resistance should be usually safe from extreme cold, as per DMG suggested rules.

Because issues of food and water are often solvable through a few ability checks and/or spells, especially if characters have backgrounds or features that help with this, I don't see supply management being a main factor, though this may change depending on circumstances. If you usually keep a decent track of the items you have, you should be fine; I'm fine with "handwaving" things to a certain extent.

The intended effect of the environmental factors is not for them to be the main difficulty but for them to further complicate the difficulties you'd expect in an adventure, such as hostile creature attacks, dealing with NPCs, etc.

You can expect at least some social encounters, though they won't be the majority of what I'd consider encounters, but there should be plenty of opportunities for roleplaying amongst party members.

Last edited by Discipulus; 10-01-2020 at 02:32 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:49 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 100
wayfinder wayfinder
WiP

Name:
Species (Race): Air Genasi
Class and Subclass: ranger (hunter or beast master)
Background:
Personality Trait:
Personality Trait:
Ideal: a real team is greater than a sum of its members
Bond: my younger sister needs the medicine which costs a fortune
Flaw:
Appearance:

A backstory that, along with giving your character's history, clarifies whether your character is from Radomir or somewhere else (if so, what brought them here?), why your character is accepting Wobora's quest, and what your character thinks of Radomir.

I like the 'working together' vibe, which is reflected in his personality, and genasi are exotic enough to be interesting, but human enough for me to relate to.

Last edited by wayfinder; 10-01-2020 at 03:54 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1917
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
right-aligned image

Name: Brewmaster Borkin of the Stone
Species (Race): Dwarf
Class and Subclass: Artificer (Alchemist)

Background: Folk Hero
Personality Trait: I judge people by their actions, not by their words.
Personality Trait: If someone is in trouble, I am always ready to help.
Ideal: People deserve to be treated with dignity and respect.
Bond: He is at odds with his elderly father, and thinks that the only way of regaining his fathers respect is by making something of himself.
Flaw: I have a weakness for the vices of the city, especially hard drink.

Appearance: Red-haired with a great bushy beard, this severe-looking dwarf never seems to be far from an alcoholic beverage of some description. Wears a leather apron over his armour because "Some o' this stuff reacts badly to metal don'che'know?"

Character concept: Dwarf Artificer (Alchemist) that Brews Potions in the form of Ale/Beer.

Last edited by triedtherest; 10-05-2020 at 02:48 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:39 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 231
Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch
Name: Gavin
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Paladin
Alignment: Lawful Good
Description: Gavin is 4’6” tall and weighs 180 pounds. He has shoulder length brown hair, a bushy brown beard that flows down to his waist, and bright blue eyes.
Background: Soldier (infantry)
Personality: Gavin desperately wants to live up to his family legacy. He practices with his weapons whenever he can, going through his workout alone if necessary but he always likes a sparring partner. He makes sure to keep his weapons and armor in pristine shape, not only to make a good impression but because they will better serve him that way. He will seek to help those in need and he can’t abide bullies. While not greedy, Gavin does fit the stereotype of a dwarf when it comes to spending money and he can pinch a copper with the best of them. He can’t swim at all and he is afraid of the water. He is outgoing and sometimes a bit boisterous, but he takes battle very seriously and he seeks every opportunity to learn something new. He secretly wants to perform a spectacular act of bravery and earn a name like his grandmother did.
Ideal: Our lot is to lay down out lives in the defense of others.
Bond: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
Flaw: I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.

Backstory
Gavin grew up as the youngest of two brothers in a family with a history of serving in the royal guard. This began with his grandmother, Ysabel the Red, an honor she earned on the same day she got her name. There is a large town in the foothills of the mountains that the dwarves traded with. When Ysabel was a young adult several goblin tribes banned together and began attacking the trade caravans. To put an end to this the dwarven king had a fake caravan assembled with soldiers hiding in the wagons and disguised as the merchants and the expedition was being led by the prince. The ruse worked and the goblins attacked the caravan. If it had been a normal raid the dwarves would have had plenty of soldiers to deal with the goblins, but since the last raid a group of ogres had joined the goblins and the tide of battle began to go against the dwarves. Ysabel found herself fighting next to the prince, who was fending off two of the larger goblins. An ogre saw the prince was distracted and lunged at him with a spear. Ysabel knew she couldn’t block the blow, so she stepped in front of it and was impaled on the spear. With a shout of rage Ysabel walked down the shaft of the spear, forcing it through her body so she could get close enough to hit the ogre. She then laid into the beast with her axe with such ferocity that the rest of the battle came to a stop as everyone turned to look. When the ogre finally fell Ysabel had severed both of its arms and she was covered in its blood. The display was so unnerving the goblins and ogres fled. From that day on everyone called her Ysabel and Red and for her bravery she was given a position on the prince’s guard, and she eventually became the captain of his guard when he became the king.

Ysabel has since retired but Gavin’s father and uncle are both members of the king’s guard. In the last goblin war several years ago his older brother distinguished himself enough to be granted a spot on the prince’s guard. Gavin has served in the dwarven army, but things have been mostly peaceful for several years, so he has had no opportunity to win a spot on the guard. His brother has a tendency to lord this over him and Gavin is fed up with it.

Gavin has always wanted to serve something greater than himself. He has felt a calling to help others and serve the greater good and living up to his family legacy of serving the royal family is how he always thought he would have the chance to do that. That was the best example he had of serving a greater good, but it always felt like it wasn’t enough. There is evil in the world and he believes it is his duty to protect others from it. His grandmother saw this desire in him and introduced Gavin to a fellow dwarf she knew from her younger days who had returned home for a visit His name was Daelin and he was a paladin who travelled the lands fighting evil. After speaking with Gavin for several days Daelin saw something of a fellow spirit in him, so he decided to take Gavin on as a squire. Gavin spent the next several months in rigorous training, learning as much about combat as he did the ways of evil and the life of a paladin. When Daelin thought he was ready, he took Gavin with him on his travels. After about a year they returned home where Gavin took the Oath of Devotion, devoting his life to serving others. After taking the oath, Daelin told Gavin he was ready to strike out on his own. After all, traveling separately they could reach more people.

So Gavin left home in search of adventure and evil to vanquish. After a while he washed up on the shores of Ormend and he heard about the mountains in the North. Far from home, but still drawn to the mountains, he decided to head north. Once in Radomir, he was intrigued by the strange man who planned to head into the mountains and was looking for protection, and the opportunity was just too perfect to pass up. After all, Radomir is nice enough, but he really wants to explore these new mountains.

I like the idea of playing a character that should be a shining example to all those around him. The idea of a character who sees the world largely in terms of black and white can be great to role play in situations where the difference between right and wrong aren't clear.
Old 10-02-2020, 11:15 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 231
Murdoch Murdoch Murdoch
Here is Gavin with the updated background. I kept the stuff about the goblins and ogres raiding the caravan, but I took out any reference to the mountains and the dwarf royal family. If any of that doesn't work, please let me know and I will be happy to make more adjustments.

Name: Gavin
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Paladin
Alignment: Lawful Good
Description: Gavin is 4’6” tall and weighs 180 pounds. He has shoulder length brown hair, a bushy brown beard that flows down to his waist, and bright blue eyes.
Background: Soldier (infantry)
Personality: Gavin desperately wants to live up to his family legacy. He practices with his weapons whenever he can, going through his workout alone if necessary but he always likes a sparring partner. He makes sure to keep his weapons and armor in pristine shape, not only to make a good impression but because they will better serve him that way. He will seek to help those in need and he can’t abide bullies. While not greedy, Gavin does fit the stereotype of a dwarf when it comes to spending money and he can pinch a copper with the best of them. He can’t swim at all and he is afraid of the water. He is outgoing and sometimes a bit boisterous, but he takes battle very seriously and he seeks every opportunity to learn something new. He secretly wants to perform a spectacular act of bravery and earn a name like his grandmother did.
Ideal: Our lot is to lay down out lives in the defense of others.
Bond: I fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.
Flaw: I obey the law, even if the law causes misery.

Backstory
Gavin grew up as the youngest of two brothers in a family with a history of serving in the royal guard. This began with his grandmother, Ysabel the Red, an honor she earned on the same day she got her name. When Ysabel was a young adult several goblin tribes banned together and began attacking the trade caravans. To put an end to this the king had a fake caravan assembled with soldiers hiding in the wagons and disguised as the merchants and the expedition was being led by the prince. The ruse worked and the goblins attacked the caravan. If it had been a normal raid the royal forces would have had plenty of soldiers to deal with the goblins, but since the last raid a group of ogres had joined the goblins and the tide of battle began to go against the guards. Ysabel found herself fighting next to the prince, who was fending off two of the larger goblins. An ogre saw the prince was distracted and lunged at him with a spear. Ysabel knew she couldn’t block the blow, so she stepped in front of it and was impaled on the spear. With a shout of rage Ysabel walked down the shaft of the spear, forcing it through her body so she could get close enough to hit the ogre. She then laid into the beast with her axe with such ferocity that the rest of the battle came to a stop as everyone turned to look. When the ogre finally fell Ysabel had severed both of its arms and she was covered in its blood. The display was so unnerving the goblins and ogres fled. From that day on everyone called her Ysabel and Red and for her bravery she was given a position on the prince’s guard, and she eventually became the captain of his guard when he became the king.

Ysabel has since retired but Gavin’s father and uncle are both members of the king’s guard. In the last goblin war several years ago his older brother distinguished himself enough to be granted a spot on the prince’s guard. Gavin has served in the army, but things have been mostly peaceful for several years, so he has had no opportunity to win a spot on the guard. His brother has a tendency to lord this over him and Gavin is fed up with it.

Gavin has always wanted to serve something greater than himself. He has felt a calling to help others and serve the greater good and living up to his family legacy of serving the royal family is how he always thought he would have the chance to do that. That was the best example he had of serving a greater good, but it always felt like it wasn’t enough. There is evil in the world and he believes it is his duty to protect others from it. His grandmother saw this desire in him and introduced Gavin to a fellow dwarf she knew from her younger days who had returned home for a visit His name was Daelin and he was a paladin who travelled the lands fighting evil. After speaking with Gavin for several days Daelin saw something of a fellow spirit in him, so he decided to take Gavin on as a squire. Gavin spent the next several months in rigorous training, learning as much about combat as he did the ways of evil and the life of a paladin. When Daelin thought he was ready, he took Gavin with him on his travels. After about a year they returned home where Gavin took the Oath of Devotion, devoting his life to serving others. After taking the oath, Daelin told Gavin he was ready to strike out on his own. After all, traveling separately they could reach more people.

So Gavin left home in search of adventure and evil to vanquish. Having always been drawn to the mountains, he decided to head north. Once in Radomir, he was intrigued by the strange man who planned to head into the mountains and was looking for protection, and the opportunity was just too perfect to pass up. After all, Radomir is nice enough, but he really wants to explore these new mountains.
Old 10-02-2020, 01:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1617
SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer SnakeOilCharmer
Bookmarking. May apply, depending on progress of other apps and potential petering out of existing games.
Old 10-02-2020, 09:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2816
LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara LdyZamara
Ashton

App withdrawn. Thank you for your time and consideration.

Last edited by LdyZamara; 10-08-2020 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:58 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 503
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
Withdrawn

Last edited by Hal Hammerhand; 10-14-2020 at 09:55 PM.
Old 10-03-2020, 10:00 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 503
Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand Hal Hammerhand
I think my application is done. I had to take some liberties with the traits, ideals, bonds and flaws to better fit his story.
Old 10-03-2020, 11:07 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1592
Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar Alemar
I was interested in applying with a warlock, but your comment that fiendish characters wont really fit has me in a pickle about trying to find something else I want to play, or just letting this one pass by
Old 10-03-2020, 11:54 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 513
DeviousDolly DeviousDolly DeviousDolly DeviousDolly DeviousDolly DeviousDolly
Completed App
Name: Alrrick of the Wylan Tribe
Species (Race): Human
Class and Subclass: Path of the Totem Warrior Barbarian
Background: Outlander
Personality Trait:I was, in fact, raised by wolves. And my tribe. We coexist.
Personality Trait:I feel far more comfortable around animals than people.
Ideal: Glory. I must earn glory in battle, for myself and my tribe.
Bond:My family and tribe is the most important thing in my life, even when they are far from me.
Flaw:There's no room for caution in a life lived to the fullest.
Appearance: Alerrick is 6’3” and well-muscled, though not bulky. He has olive skin and golden amber eyes. He has dark brown hair, cut to chin length, wavy with honey blond highlights. He is 21-years-old and has the beginnings of a scruffy beard. His arms are covered in rune tattoos that hearken back to the legends of his people. His handsome face is usually carrying a jovial expression.
Backstory
The Wylan Tribe has lived in the Old Forest for 20 generations. They are a simple tribe of people who are accomplished hunters and rangers and are generally peaceful in disposition. They also coexist alongside the Zemmian Wolves. The Old Forest is of course, full of wolves, and thanks to a pact made with Lady Zem and the Ancient Wolves, the Wylanians and the Zemmian Wolves coexist in near-perfect harmony. All five Elders in the tribe and the Chief have Zemmian Wolves as companions.
Alrrick was born the son of Chief Ridran and his wife, Elaria. He grew up in the same manner of his forebears; alongside Zemmian Wolf Pups. Generally the children and pups have a similar relationship to a child and their pet. Alrrick had an unusual propensity to act just like the wolves at times, and he seemed to be closer to them than most people. He grew up to prefer the company of the wolves mostly, and distanced himself from his peers, though he loved his parents and siblings dearly (he has four younger siblings). He didn't understand people very well, but he found them endearing all the same.
Despite his oddities, Ridran and Elaria were proud of their son and loved him dearly. As soon as he was old enough, he was trained in the ways of combat and hunting, and proved to be quite adept at it. On his 16th birthday, Alrrick was given an ancient artifact that hadn’t been used in centuries. Legend had it that this artifact would only work for someone with the Spirit of the Wolf. With this amulet, known as the Ulric Totem, Alrrick was able to manifest the Spirit of the Wolf and was designated the protector of their people.
As was tradition, on his 21st birthday, the chief’s son left the village in the Old Forest and struck out on his own to learn of the world and bring glory to his name before he took over as Chief at the age of 29.
Alrrick passed the woodcutters’ villages and made his way to Radomir. Radomir was too populated with people and there weren’t nearly enough trees and animals to make it comfortable here. He liked looking at the funny way the women dressed though, they were wearing pretty dresses instead of the functional tunics and leggings of his tribe.Then he heard a funny little old man screaming about treasure to the North. It piqued his interest and would certainly bring glory to his name and tribe if he battled monsters and acquired treasure. He walked up to the old man and stated,somewhat awkwardly, he was interested in the proposition of adventure. The man, upon seeing his tattoos, his wolf-like eyes and impressive physique, hired him on immediately. A thorough knowledge of geography wasn’t bad to have either.
Elaria had always said Alrrick was too rash.

What Draws me to this character:
I haven’t played a barbarian in awhile and I have never played a totem warrior. I worked out his stats a bit and I want him not to be a stupid barbarian, just a socially awkward one.
I also like that the wolf totem allows for more cooperative gameplay and promotes the idea of working as a group. I’m hoping that his growth will see him get more comfortable around humans and come of age as it were. I just wanted to make a barbarian that isn’t as barbaric as they can be stereotyped to be.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Alrrick Portrait.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	123.5 KB
ID:	87294  

Last edited by DeviousDolly; 10-08-2020 at 07:24 PM. Reason: added a couple details
Old 10-04-2020, 03:06 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1917
triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest triedtherest
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemar View Post
I was interested in applying with a warlock, but your comment that fiendish characters wont really fit has me in a pickle about trying to find something else I want to play, or just letting this one pass by
Discipulus did say they could be reflavoured though.

Also, Warlocks don't have to be linked to Fiends or the Fey, lots of other Patron types out there.
Old 10-04-2020, 09:13 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alemar View Post
Hi Alemar,

The issue isn't the mechanics but the Fiends and fey just aren't known to even exist in this worldflavor, so if you find yourself compelled by the mechanics of a warlock patron, we can definitely make the mechanics work! For example, could your (mechanically) Fiend Warlock's patron be an arrogant Efreet lord?