Shadowrun Shadowrun 5e: Deja Vu in Seattle - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-01-2020, 02:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 146
Belfar Belfar
Shadowrun 5e: Deja Vu in Seattle

Game NameShadowrun 5e: Deja Vu in Seattle

Game SystemShadowrun

Plot SummaryThe year is 2072.

The city is Seattle.

You're a Shadowrunner.

You need nuyen.

Time for a milk run.

Call up the fixer.

Meet the Johnson.

Why does this all feel so familiar?

Welcome back to the shadows, omae.

DetailsI'll keep it simple: I want to run a Shadowrun game and I'm looking for three to five experienced players.
  • The edition is 5e
  • Standard Priority Generation
  • All books are allowed
  • Use Chummer 5A to generate your character
  • Dedicated players willing to collaborate out-of-character on Discord preferred
  • If you want to play a decker, rigger, etc then I expect you to know the rules regarding those subsystems.
  • Nothing is explicitly banned, but I'm going to be reviewing characters very carefully - so keep the minmaxing and improbable character concepts to a minimum.

Application and Questionnaire
Runner Name:
Metatype:
Intended Role:
Appearance: A picture and/or a short description of your runner.
Background: How did you become a runner? This will act as a writing sample, but try to keep it concise.

Questionnaire:
  1. How familiar are you with the Shadowrun setting and the 5e rule set?
  2. Are you willing to use and be active in a private Discord server to discuss the game?
  3. How often do you think you'll be able to post?

Application Deadline October 11th

Last edited by Belfar; 10-04-2020 at 07:02 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:02 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Faleg
Runner Name: Chance
Metatype: Hobgoblin (Or a real goblin if that's ok with the GM)
Intended Role: B&E adept, Invisible Way with a bit of a dodge tank.
Appearance: Short for a hobgoblin (unless I can be a goblin), could very well be mistaken for a dwarf, or an actual goblin. Chance is an albino with Slavic facial features, wearing hooded coats and mirrorwave sleeping tiger suits. He has a penchant for gold jewelry and other bling, like chromatattoos.

Background: A Vory member goblinized (or Infected, if I can be a goblin) in a freak accident, Chance dropped out into the shadows after being abandoned by the syndicate. He makes a living as a cat burglar, stealing specific items from people and locations, while gathering resources to strike back at the Vory who left him hanging. Chance is mostly concerned with his own survival and puts pragmatic approach above anything else. He's generally unwilling to to enter schemes that would result in chaos and piles of dead bodies, proffering instead quiet, methodical and well planned operations. He loves when a scheme comes together, and meticulously collects information before every heist, knowing that a good plan is needed for a clockwork run. Outside of gigs, Chance is jovial and happy-go-lucky, albeit judgmental of people who see nothing immoral about wanton killing sprees.

Questionnaire:
How familiar are you with the Shadowrun setting and the 5e rule set? Very familiar, I know the world and the rules inside out. GMing the game since 1997
Are you willing to use and be active in a private Discord server to discuss the game? Yes
How often do you think you'll be able to post? Everyday

Last edited by Faleg; 10-04-2020 at 05:12 AM.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:28 AM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Saenessa
Runner Name: Shade
Metatype: human
Intended Role: magical support / occult investigator
Appearance:

Shade is a woman in her late twenties, with dark hair and eyes. She caries herself with a practiced ease of a person used to an active life - and more fresh air than mages usually get.
Background:
Shade used to work as a private contractor in PCC, specializing in extermination of hostile spirits and neutralization of dangerous paranormal animals. After one of the jobs had lead her to a take-down of oyabun's pet wyvern, Shade has decided to pack up her bags and leave Los Angeles for greener pastures. The Emerald City sounded like a far-enough place. She is hoping that working in the Shadows will give her more cred and a stronger network to protect herself from any retribution that might be coming her way. Before that day comes, she is working with other shadowrunners as their magical support with manipulation magic, counterspelling, and a wealth of knowledge about astral threats and parazoology.

Questionnaire:
How familiar are you with the Shadowrun setting and the 5e rule set?
Can't say I can quote the specific rules for treading water, but I've been playing 5e ever since it came out, I know the lore from first edition upwards (although I'm not up do date with 6e lore), and I'm happy to include everything from NERPS to rumors about Knight's dealings with insect spirits to Azzie dragons' politics.

Are you willing to use and be active in a private Discord server to discuss the game?
Very much so, I'm on Discord at all times and I love planning, plotting, legworking, and networking.

How often do you think you'll be able to post?
Every day without an issue; I'm a freelancer working from home.
Old 10-01-2020, 11:06 AM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4091
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
If anyone is new to Chummer, I wrote a handy-dandy guide over here, just be sure to ignore the first two Legal Simplification & Biuld Methodsections as these were written with Outplay 2020 in mind!
Old 10-01-2020, 01:35 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 855
orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum
I see shadowrun, I click.

@Belfar: what style of game are you wanting to run? There is the mirrorshades / pink mohawk scale ofcourse, but beyond that do you have a specific story in mind? will this be a thought provoking game or action oriented? how do you feel about character concept/role overlap?
Old 10-01-2020, 01:50 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Application and Questionnaire
right-aligned image

Runner Name: Sable
Metatype: Elf
Intended Role: Brawler / Combat Mage
Physical Description: Sable is a young and saucy elven teen from the slums who is branching out from a strict and religious upbringing and learning to live a little. Keeping to her name, she has straight black hair which has been cut short and is normally magically styled to match her current clothes. Sable is in peak physical conditioning and is a bit more robust in figure than many other elves. Her clothes tend to be on the wild side, influenced by the rave scene, but she knows how to dress down if it's called for. She doesn't have any permanent tattoos yet, but given the crowd that she's been running with its only a matter of time before she's officially inducted into the Ancients.
Personality: Young and impetuous, Sable is bursting forth from a spartan upbringing and indulging in life. Her self confidence and youthful bravado make her quick to act, and she isn't shy about it. She's more inclined to throw her weight around than negotiate with others, and is probably going to be the first to throw a punch (and she's used to one punch being enough). Behind the bold attitude and bright colors Sable still has a gentle side and is moved to action more to protect her family and kin than to tear someone else down. With some training and effort she could be groomed for the corporate life, but she has little interest in being a part of that world.
Backstory: Sable was raised by her mother in an elven ghetto. It was a strict and religious household that smelled of herbs and incense, with a shelf full of magic books and few if any of the modern distractions such as trideo. Sable was only allowed to eat meat if she herself killed and cleaned the animal, otherwise they ate fresh fruits and vegetables from the community garden. Between the exercise in the gardens and the martial training that her mother insisted on, Sable grew up wholesome and fit with a close relationship with her mother. However, as she grew into her teens and began to run with the local gangs, buying into the idea that the Ancients were protecting the elven slums and she wanted to be a part of that - to protect her mother. This new lifestyle put a strain on the household however, and Sable began spending more and more time "out" with the gang and her new boyfriend. Eventually the topic of joining the gang came up, but rather than proving her loyalty to the group, she would have to demonstrate her capabilities to contribute - what better way than by joining a run?

Questionnaire:
  1. I have been playing Shadowrun off/on since 3E in highschool (did i just date myself?) so I am very familiar with the setting. I have only played a couple of 5E games, but I feel confident in being able to manage the mechanics just fine.
  2. Absolutely! I love the opportunity to hash out character concept ideas with the GM and other players rather than generating and posting a concept blindly.
  3. As frequently as daily, but I often allow time for other's to post. Lets say every other day as a practicality. I work from home so I am fairly flexible here, although during my office hours I obviously need to prioritize work over rapid fire posting.

Personal Note:
Sable here is a concept of a mystic adept focusing on touch spells that I recently put together but never got to play, so she's still rattling it my head. If through conversation we find that the concept doesn't suit the team or game then I'm happy to circle back around to another concept. Please consider this as an example and initial preference.

Last edited by orichulum; 10-05-2020 at 09:04 AM.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:38 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Belfar Belfar
Quote:
Originally Posted by orichulum View Post
I see shadowrun, I click.

@Belfar: what style of game are you wanting to run? There is the mirrorshades / pink mohawk scale ofcourse, but beyond that do you have a specific story in mind? will this be a thought provoking game or action oriented? how do you feel about character concept/role overlap?
I don't commit to either extreme of the mirror shades or pink mohawk dichotomy. The players and their characters tend to be the deciding factor regarding how the game itself plays out. Whether you drive a bus through the lobby, or sneak in with a disguise, the rules remain the same. The way I run the game won't be any more or less punishing based on how the players choose to approach runs. My personal style of GMing is that I rarely have preplanned solutions to the obstacles I put in front of the players. I simply present an objective and what's standing between them and that objective, and then I let the players figure it out for themselves.

There won't be any grand narrative to this game. It will be largely episodic with runners taking it one run at a time. This allows me to easily replace players that might drop from the game and also makes each run mostly self contained. The narrative will mostly come from the runs themselves and the players' interactions with the world around them. Contacts, allies, rivals, etc will also come into play and I'm willing to dedicate some time to having characters RP with these NPCs between runs.

Character concept/overlap is fine. A little redundancy never hurt a group of runners after all. Just write the character you most want to play. Character roles will play a minor part in selecting applications (I'm not going to recruit a party entirely composed of deckers or cybered up combat monsters for example), but my focus is on recruiting characters that look fun to run a game for.

Last edited by Belfar; 10-01-2020 at 03:41 PM.
Old 10-01-2020, 03:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
10-4. I just like to start that conversation with gms I'm not familiar with to help get on the same page on a few things to ensure everyone is having a good time. I really like the idea of having rivals/allies/contacts that we interact with between runs. It would really help fill out the sense of being in a world.
Old 10-01-2020, 04:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Belfar Belfar
Quote:
Originally Posted by orichulum View Post
10-4. I just like to start that conversation with gms I'm not familiar with to help get on the same page on a few things to ensure everyone is having a good time. I really like the idea of having rivals/allies/contacts that we interact with between runs. It would really help fill out the sense of being in a world.
I feel the same way. I might also just have individual threads where runners can interact with their contacts in parallel with the actual run since most everyone has at least one contact. It would pretty much just be pure RPing, probably representing a past interaction with said contact just to flesh out the relationships more.
Old 10-02-2020, 03:09 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12936
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Good luck with your game Belfar. I'd make a character if I wasn't overcommitted as it is.

"There are many fates worse than a quick and foolish death."

DMing: An Untimely EncounterSun - Thu: NORMAL / Fri & Sat: UNAVAILABLE
Old 10-02-2020, 02:56 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2607
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
Wanting to play shadowrun for a while. Thinking of making a Decker.

Last edited by mjb; 10-02-2020 at 02:58 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:03 PM
CommSupp/Kitsunemimi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 283
Alyfox Alyfox Alyfox
I'm thinking of applying to this one, but at the same time feeling a little guilty about the idea since I'm in the other new SR Game...
Old 10-02-2020, 04:48 PM
???%

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17068
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
COBOLd
Really Good at Making New Friends

Archetype: Technomancer (Technoshaman)
Race: Hispanic
Metatype: Elf

Character Concept: A 'nice' shadowrunner
Intended role: Matrix support and the occasional super power

Favorite Item: Her Colt M23, even though she's not good with it
Least Favorite Food: Spaghetti - the noodles are bland and are weird to eat
Least Favorite Spaghetti: Spaghetti code
Favorite Hobbies: Writing software, in whatever form it might be
Least Favorite Sensation: Derezzing a sprite
Favorite Kind of Run: One that she's prepared for, but still needs to keep on her toes
Least Favorite Kind of Person: Technomancer hunters

Paragon: The Guardian, Intrusion Countermeasure

Description: Tall, slim, and always online, meatspace-COBOLd is a young elf with long black hair that she typically keeps in a low ponytail or bun that goes well with the dark, long-sleeve hoodie and khaki pants she typically wears. Given her recent work in the shadows, COBOLd wears suspiciously little obvious technology, with her only piece of real hardware being a dirt-cheap Meta Link that she got from a Stuffer Shack, which she wears on a lanyard.

In the matrix, the slight and unassuming elf is replaced by a very large and vibrantly indigo lizard-person that would put a drake to shame in size and ferocious appearance, clad in leather and wood. Here she is the real COBOLd, who can even occasionally be seen toting around one or more adorable little bipedal dragonling things of some vibrant color or another. Any that would disparage COBOLd's kobolds would be in for a nasty surprise when she gets to work though, bringing forth a veritable army of her sprites to swarm over her enemies and allies alike, ripping the former to shreds while optimizing the latter to run at never-before-seen heights.

Last edited by AwesomeEli; 10-09-2020 at 03:04 PM.
Old 10-02-2020, 04:49 PM
???%

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 17068
AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli AwesomeEli
Belfar, a question on character creation as I type up backstory - how do you feel about initiation/submersion at chargen?
Old 10-02-2020, 05:13 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Belfar Belfar
Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeEli View Post
Belfar, a question on character creation as I type up backstory - how do you feel about initiation/submersion at chargen?
I'm going to say no, since that's the official stance on the issue and I feel that it could possibly lead to some cheesy builds.