RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-10-2020, 09:24 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7055
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
I think I have the basics down for my character. Now I need to work on filling out the background. Still here!

EDIT: I hope to knock a big dent into my character application this weekend. I may get some done Saturday but the majority of my time will be spent on it Sunday. I have gotten most of part 1 done. Part 3 needs to be completed. I think the rest of it is complete except for the polishing which consists of me reading it again and again making edits until it is just right. It is getting done...

This is a WIP.

Application
OOC: He doesn't walk around dressed like this. I just used this to show his physical build.

Name: Grenndal Lightwielder

Race: Aasimar

Class: Aegis3/Soulknife3/Metaforge8

Appearance: Grenndal has the physical appearance of a well trained and toned warrior. Without his armor or weapon he's still an imposing presence. He has long dark hair and violet eyes that have that warriors stare. This warrior's skin is bronzed by the sun and it has a slight golden hue to it. His eyes and skin were the only things that hinted of his celestial heritage. His clothing is practical and modest most of the time. He often wears the clothing of a simple traveler. Grendal appears friendly enough whenever he enters a town. He most always appears unarmored and unarmed wearing only a mithral chainmail shirt underneath his plain shirt or jacket. The man's belt buckle is in the form of a rather prominent weasel head in silver. There are usually two or possibly three ioun stones orbiting his dark locks. There is finally a single stone resting just above his eyes and beneath his fine headband sewn with golden threads.

Personality: The warrior trains daily at dawn usually away from others if possible. Grenndal has a daily routine and he likes to adhere to it whenever possible. He hates chaos with a passion. To his senses evil and good are just different shades of gray. He thinks that the two views are both traps for zealots. Somewhere in the middle was much more practical to Grenndal's sensibilities. He likes to fix things that are broken or damaged. He can repair a pot or a bowl that most folks give up on. He loves to see the look in folks eyes when he hands back an item they had given up on. He has a fondness for improving the plight of poorer children. The man views himself as a sworn knight of the light of Al'Asran.

Last edited by ricktur63; Yesterday at 09:28 PM.
Old 10-11-2020, 08:58 AM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 67052
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
Name: Salix Malphage
Class: Witch
Appearance: Salix is a thin, lithe 5 foot 7 inches tall, with a dark brown hued skin. Aside from her skin, which she tries to hide as a deep, deep sailor’s tan, her most prominent features are her elven ears and eyes. She inherited the delicate facial features of her father, complete with thinly slimming, pointed ears. Her long delicate fingers, adept at coaxing hidden beauty from pieces of woodcraft, are thin and delicate as well beneath the branding scars, a fact she frequently hides under gloves. For this reason, Salix tends to keeps her long, black hair cut long and cover her ears, and hide as much of her face as she can under her bangs. Only while ‘working’ within the group of her friends will she pull her hair back, tied into a braid.

Salix tends to dress in very loose, plain clothing, and almost always wears a woolen robe, with the hood pulled up and around her face, to conceal her identity. Beneath the robes she has layers of soft woven cotton wrapped about her upper body, and some scarves of silk, one of her few vanities she allows herself. High topped goatskin boots are tied around homespun woven breeches, and a leather vest bound tight under her blouses provides some protection from cuts and scrapes. A trio of belts, each with a half dozen pouches and slotted pockets are tied around her waist, holding her herbs, spell components, and what little money she has saved and acquired.

She carries a thin, supple bow-staff of yew, and will never be found without a small assortment of knives and daggers secreted on her body. A small pack and bedroll typically complete her traveling gear, slung over her shoulder and secured with rope.

Personality: Salix is shy, almost to the point of fear, with regards to strangers and large crowds. She is strong-willed and tenacious in defense of herself, however, and very capable of survival on her own. Quiet and reserved, she tends to stay at the edges, of both civilization and personal interactions. She does not trust easily, and mistrusts men almost as much as she mistrusts clergy of any type. Salix has difficulty in being open with her emotions, and prefers to not have any deep friendships, or to own many possessions that can be taken from her.

Extra Credit: Castrating a convicted Rapist while the man was locked up in a prison cell.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:17 AM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11488
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
Eviltedzies Application:
left-aligned image
Name: Damond "Deathshadow" De la Rue
Race: Human
Class: Slayer
Archetypes: Sniper & Spirit Slayer
Party Roles: Ranged Damage Dealer & Scout

5 Step Background

Last edited by Eviltedzies; Yesterday at 10:48 AM.
Old 10-13-2020, 03:32 AM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
@Tyeal - The fluff of my app is 99% complete. I only have one minor addition which relies on some assistance with knowledge of the Greyhawk setting.

Fluff Questions

1. I am not familiar with the Greyhawk setting. As such, I am not sure exactly where to say Damond is from either originally or where he came shortly prior to the start of the adventure.

Mechanical Questions
1. Do you need a complete character sheet done prior to choosing applicants?
2. For ability scores, can we roll first and choose the 25pt buy if we do not like our roll results?
Old 10-13-2020, 10:24 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2349
Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles Mrjoegangles
WIP on a less than magical healer/ trap finder.
Reaghan “Fingers” Mycroft
right-aligned image
Name: Reaghan Mycroft
Race: Human
Class: Unchained Rogue (Burglar) 5, Inquisitor (Heretic 1), Dark Delver 8
Appearance: Well dressed and groomed, with meticulous detail made to both the cleanliness and tailoring to his outfit, Reaghan always gives the appearance of high society. A handsome man, the former thief had the boldness and charm of a confidence man, coupled with the shrewdness and awareness of someone who has had to claw himself up from the gutter. His only unusual fashion choice is the thin leather gloves that always adorn his hands, covering the mass of scars from his ‘accident’ and following surgery.
Personality: Careful and meticulous are the two words that best describe young Mycroft. Always polite and diplomatic to a fault, careful not to offend or to even make an impression if able, every word and gesture always selected with upmost concern on appearance and potential impact. Once past his evasive and ambiguous exterior however one can find a passionate man with strong opinions and beliefs, and a sarcastic and cutting tongue reserved only for the closest of friends, or most hated of rivals and enemies.

5 Step Background:

Step 1:

Step 2:

Step 3:

Step 4:

Step 5:

Extra Credit: While he was originally more famous for the crimes that could never be tied to him. The theft of Guildmaster Boyle’s secret Vault is what he will always be most known for, not just because he was the only one to succeed, but because it was the only theft ever proven to be committed by him.

Last edited by Mrjoegangles; 10-14-2020 at 11:26 AM.
Old 10-13-2020, 11:31 AM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7351
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
@Eviltedzies

I think an interesting home location for Diamon would be Safeton located on the Wild Coast. It's a harsh militaristic sea town that is always preparing and waiting for an Orc attack from the nearby tribes. Military curfew, cunning thieves and criminals in the streets, slavery, the Penal Knights, all headed up by one Turin Deaths taller.

- No, I won't asked for a finished sheet to be accepted. I'd rather choose interesting or compelling characters first and help fill out their sheet after.
- No. That's the risk you take when rolling the dice. Either they curse you with below average stats or you're blessed with nothing below a 14. If there wasn't that risk then where's the fun of rolling?
Old 10-13-2020, 01:47 PM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
@Tyeal - Understood. Thank you for the info. I'll place Damond as being from Safeton but do a little lore research myself in the meantime.

With that, my app is 100% complete. If you have any questions or concerns let me know.
Old 10-14-2020, 10:40 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7055
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Is there a good site to do a bit of research on Grayhawk? Is Falanness still a viable location to be from? I'm looking for a city or hamlet or even a group of hamlets in that area...
Old 10-15-2020, 06:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1249
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
I'm both interested and intimidated. Never played a game where I've had a character this high of a level with that much gold to burn. I'm guessing/hoping that means we can use the 200k to create our own magical weapons? I've not played enough to actually be able to craft anything better than a +2 weapon, so I'm definitely a newbie on that front. For instance, I'm envisioning a barbarian with a bardiche, to which I would give keen (+1), catalytic (+1) and corrosive burst (+2). I am also not sure if I need to purchase masterwork as well, since magic weapons count as masterwork. So according to the Magic weapon pricing guide, the cost for what I want would be Bardiche (13gp) + Masterwork (300 - if I need it) + +8 worth of enhancements (+4 enhancement bonus, +1 keen, +1 catalytic, +2 corrosive burst - 128,000) for a grand total of 128,313 gold?
Old 10-15-2020, 09:05 AM

Tools
User Statistics
@Noquarter
Your initial thought is correct; If you purchase a +1 weapon it's already considered Masterwork, therefore it'd cost 2000g and not 2300g. So for your heavily enchanted bardiche it would be 128,013g.

@ricktur63
I'd recommend the Greyhawk Fandom Wiki. More comprehensive than the regular Wiki page for it and includes maps with settlements.

Last edited by Tyeal; 10-15-2020 at 09:06 AM.
Old 10-15-2020, 12:59 PM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28761
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
I would really like to apply for this game, but damn if Admin Dirk is not stalking me! Yes, yes, he posted before me, but still I saw it and had interest and BOOM there he is.

left-aligned image

Name: Elanil Zylbella
Race: Elf
Class: Arcane Archer Prestige class
Appearance: 5' 6”, 120#, Golden Blonde hair, Green eyes
Personality: Quirky, Happy, Positive, does not take life too serious (CG)

5 Step Background:

Last edited by Digorig; 10-21-2020 at 11:23 AM.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:23 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Can applicants roll stats in the provided thread or would you only allow that for accepted characters?
Old 10-16-2020, 11:39 AM

Tools
User Statistics
You're more than welcome to roll stats. I certainly use stats to help flush out a character and better determine how to build them.
Old 10-16-2020, 11:58 AM
Killing PC's Since 2005

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 28761
Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig Digorig
@Tyeal Can I create a Wood Elf Ranger build?
Old 10-16-2020, 01:15 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
App
left-aligned image
Hello
Name: Slagg (sheet in progress)

Race: Trox

Class: Barbarian

Appearance: Those who have never beheld a member of the rare alien race known as the Trox would be hard pressed to contain their screams of horror and revulsion. Standing 12 feet tall, weighing nearly a ton, Slagg is intimidating to be sure. As with all members of his race, Slagg is a bipedal humanoid... but there any resemblance ends. From the scythe-like mandibles and the massive arms ending in claws, to the scaly-carapace and the six strange, stunted arms jutting out of Slagg's abdomen, the sight of Slagg anywhere near a city sends the guards out in force. Yet they do not understand. They do not understand the horrors Slagg has faced during his short, tortured existence. Around each of Slagg's main arms and legs are the remains of massive steel manacles, lengths of chain trailing from them like sycophants. Massive, brutal crisscrossing slashes cut through the carapace, but like an iceberg on a frozen sea, the real scars lie below the surface, where none can see.

Personality: It may seem like a trope to say that beneath Slagg's tough exterior lies a sensitive, caring being; it would also be a lie. However, he is not just the savage, bloodthirsty monster the rare commoner who might chance to see him thinks he is. The truth lies somewhere in the middle. Since breaking the bonds that held him, Slagg has wandered the lands of Flanaess, seeking warmth, solitude, and purpose, while avoiding those who he feels would threaten his safety or freedom. He burrows below the ground to hide from conflict with unknown foes, seeking warm lands, solitude, and purpose.

5 Step Background:

Step 1: Write 5 background and concept elements that you feel are important to your image of the character. One of these should include where they are from.

Step 2: List 2 goals; one should be your character's goal. The other should be a goal you have FOR your character

Step 3: Describe 3 people that are tied to the character. Two should be friendly. One should be hostile.

Step 4: Describe 3 memories, mannerisms, or quirks that your character has.

Step 5: List 2 things that make your character afraid and 2 things that give them hope.

Extra Credit: List one act that your PC is either famous or infamous for. Not everyone can be a member of the previous group that braved the tomb last time.

Last edited by Noquarter19; 10-19-2020 at 06:53 AM. Reason: added link for sheet