Shadowrun ShadowRun 5th Ed. Motor City Madness - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 10-15-2020, 09:00 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1729
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
ShadowRun 5th Ed. Motor City Madness

Game NameShadowRun 5th Ed. Motor City Madness
Game SystemShadowrun
ThemePost Apocalyptic, Combat, Roleplay, Intrigue, Mystery
FlavourGothic, Punk

BackgroundThe group has been operating out of Detroit for almost a year now, mostly small jobs when finally Mr. Johnson contacts you with a job that may be your ticket out of this dump.

Starting SceneYou have been walking the streets each evening for the past week looking for miserable runs just to get by. The lights of the Detroit landscape keep flashing in your eyes and combined with the stench of raw sewage overpowering the month old garbage sitting in the open dumpsters is playing hell with your migraine. You step in a puddle as you turn onto Bagley St. inviting a few curse words on your part. Just a couple more blocks and your old Ork Fixer KeBoG would fix you up. He usually parked under the overpass, few runners liked to deal in that area, with the constant traffic, irritating horns blaring, and the smothering fumes of petro. Hopefully KeBoG could get you on something that paid because the place seemed to dry up for close to a month.

Group Information
Shadowrun 5th edition
Using the PRIORITY method for character creation...I didn't realize there was another method.
Number of runners 6-10 (flexible)
Races; Any
Professions; Any
Prime Runner Build system Pg 65
Post Rate: x1/Day I will not be waiting for absent players. Since Shadowrun is a series of jobs that aren't usually drawn out affairs, if you miss a job then you miss it and move on. IF your character is in the 'database' and your present to do a run, then you are getting the 'job'. Yes there will be long term achievements as everyone has, but it won't slow down the group.

Writing style: While it is preferable to write descriptive posts and more than one lines, it is not always necessary. I'm not a stickler on this. "Gabel walks along the edge of the room inspecting the walls" is a one line. Yet now it is up to the ST to describe the walls. Now it is important the player explain how Gabel is inspecting, but I will assume it is a casual glance without descriptions though I won't slow/stop the game over it.

Roleplay vs Rollplay; Certainly we are going to be rolling dice, but the emphasis is on roleplaying. Some dice rolls will be forgone such as those that are just too simple to make or routine actions (driving casually to meet a contact vs. high stress driving to escape an ambush)

Experience Level; While I won't be teaching per se, I will accept all levels of experience. I ask that you write pretty good posts (be descriptive with your senses), don't be a stickler on 'what the book' says, and enjoy yourself.

DEADLINE; I'm not going to put a deadline. I am thinking of allowing people to play when they are present. This means you may or may not be running with the same group on runs. You will have personal folders where you share your character's goals and what you want to do outside of the main story. While I won't be focusing on that until the main story slows down, I will do the runs. This is an attempt to allow as many possible players to enjoy themselves, but not stress over not being there. It is also to allow others to continue playing without being stalled due to a person's absence.

Maybe I should have been more clear. I plan to have a site up around 21 Oct. On 23 OCT 20, if we have enough to start that will be the start date. This thread will close on 31 OCT and after that potential runners will PM myself directly.

Character Info
Name;
Race;
Gender;
Profession;
Appearance;
Background;
Personality;

Feel free to ask questions and I will answer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mens classy fashion.jpeg
Views:	4
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	87466   Click image for larger version

Name:	558da39c-539c-4048-8291-0875657cae20.jpeg
Views:	8
Size:	32.3 KB
ID:	87467  

Last edited by Sarge67; 10-17-2020 at 05:42 PM.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:51 PM
Please remain calm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1598
Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder Baxder
I'd like to get into SR; will you be accepting/teaching new players? What's your application deadline and expected posting rate?
Old 10-15-2020, 11:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 855
orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum
covert ops elf
right-aligned image

Name: Victoria Cross
Race: Elf
Profession: Covert Ops / Assassin / Snipler / Demolitions
Appearance: Victoria feels comfortable and snug in one of her fully body combat suits and is likely to be wearing one, perhaps even under other clothing. All of her clothes and armors are fitted with ruthenium polymers for either personal expression on the streets or camouflage while on a mission. She even uses fiber optic hair to match tones and colors with her clothes as the mood fits. Her posture and articulation suggest a higher grade of education and easy upbringing of a corporate enclave.

Personality: Outwardly Victoria exudes calm confidence from years of experience and training. However inwardly she is reeling from a shattered identity after having been ejected from the only life that she had known. Now Victoria has replaced her loyalty to Ares with dedication to embracing elven culture and the Path of the Wheel (despite a lack of magical potential). Where previously her lifestyle was carefully engineered and curated within the Ares enclave, now she is free to explore the world at her own whim. As a result, Victoria is deadly serious but slowly learning to relax a bit.

Background: Born and raised within an Ares orphanage (in reality a cover to raise genetically engineered clones), Victoria landed herself into a correctional military accademy which fast tracked her career with Knight Errant; all according to plan. After a few years of standard patrols, Victoria earned her way into officer accademy where she specialized in military engineering and sharpshooting before being assigned to a firewatch team. Unfortunately her unit commander backed the wrong horse through some internal politics and her unit was disbanded on grounds of corporate espionage. Evicted from the Ares enclave, alone, and desperate, Victoria's sense of identity was shattered and after a few months found herself as an understudy of the Path of the Wheel. While she inundated herself with elven culture, Ares was performing an internal inquiry why their Next Generation Combatant experiment had been thrown out of the enclave and began an effort of tracking her down; intent on retrieving their sample dead or alive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tian-zi-2-small.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	87441   Click image for larger version

Name:	prayer.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	112.9 KB
ID:	87478  

Last edited by orichulum; 10-18-2020 at 01:39 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:19 AM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1433
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
I too am new to Shadowrun and would love to play. I am working on reading over the core book. Has been slow going, but this could be the incentive to read up on the matrix and riggers. For some reason I really like the idea of a rigger. I have read up on the character creation process and have played around with making a rigger, but as stated I need to finish reading to fully understand them.

But if you are willing to deal with newbies I am willing to struggle through the learning process.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:42 AM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14278
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
right-aligned image
Name: Spungen
Race: Human
Profession: Gunslinger, Champion of Punk Rock (Physical Adept focusing on pistols)
Appearance: Red hair shaved at the sides, wirey and cocky-looking. Dresses in an eye-jarring mishmash of punk rock leathers and furs mixed obscenely with pseudo-steampunk. Middling height, about 5'7", with a thin, wiry build, and seems to be in her late-teens or early twenties. Her dark blue eyes seem almost grey, penetrating and unflinching.
Background: Spungen grew up in the tough Shoreditch neighborhood of East London. In that neighborhood, you learned to watch your back and defend yourself at a young age. You also learned the fine art of the grift, that nobody talks outside the community, and punk rock never died. When Spungen awakened as a physical adept, she quickly rose through the ranks of the district pecking order, a good person to know and a dangerous person to piss off. She pushed it too far one night, though, when she defended a friend against a group of Harry Hooks, a particularly nasty and pervasive local gang. Fearing retaliation from the gang, most of the neighborhood shunned the young girl. When the friend she defended wound up dead from a slashed throat, Spungen knew it was time to get out of Dodge. She raided a couple of marker stashes and headed to the UCAS. She bounced around a bit, and eventually wound up in Detroit, nearly broke and desperate for a lead toward something solid.
Personality: Spungen is a proud Brit from the East Side of London, Cockney through and through. She's bold and brash, fierce and unafraid. This can be somewhat abrasive to others, especially the more refined or businesslike. If she's going to make it in the shadows in this town, she'll need to learn when to turn it down. On the plus side, she's fiercely loyal to her friends and ruthless to her enemies. She has a short temper and a long memory, but she also has a soft heart hidden under layers of protection.

Last edited by The Rat Queen; 10-16-2020 at 06:16 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:18 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 301
Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf Preacherwolf
oh my Prime runner yes. I'll edit this post a little later with the full thing but I'm thinking a Michael Weston-esque character filled with bioware and martial arts training
Old 10-16-2020, 09:31 AM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2607
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
What's the timeline of this game? Is it set around the new stuff in 2080?
Old 10-16-2020, 10:51 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67 Sarge67
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjb View Post
What's the timeline of this game? Is it set around the new stuff in 2080?
Yes, about 2076
Old 10-16-2020, 12:14 PM
The Archfriend.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14278
The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen The Rat Queen
Do you want us to post character sheets in this thread, or just the description?
Old 10-16-2020, 12:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rat Queen View Post
Do you want us to post character sheets in this thread, or just the description?
Just descriptions.
Old 10-16-2020, 01:46 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1433
Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden Draidden
WIP
right-aligned image
Name: Duke

Race:
Ork

Profession: Rigger / Mechanic / Chef

Appearance: Duke is short for the average orc at 5'11 and weighs around 250 pounds. His skin is a mud brown and his hair is slightly darker. His hair hang down to his shoulders and his sideburns drop all the way to his jaw line. He has piercing light gray eyes. His most notable feature are his matching cybernetic arms which are obvious metal arms. He wears dark blue pants with a dark read shirt. Brown leather boots and normally has on a blue gray duster and generally has a pair of googles sitting on his head if not actually being used. Compared to most orcs he is more pudgy than muscular.

Personality: Duke generally keeps quiet around people he does not know very well. He will speak when he has something to say, but otherwise does not join in idle chit chat. Once he gets to know you and trust you he opens up more and is more vocal.

While not a blood thirsty person he is not squeamish about killing someone in his way or in his face. He is not trigger happy. He will evaluate the situation and determine what the proper response is and is just as willing to punch someone in the face as shoot them. If he is out “gunned” he is smart enough to back down, but will remember and look for a way to pay the offender back later.

For a good example, I give you \one of my favorite quotes, “I won't be Wronged, I won't be Insulted, I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Last edited by Draidden; 10-18-2020 at 06:05 PM.
Old 10-16-2020, 06:24 PM
Catch Phrase

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2607
mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb mjb
2076? So no Bug City 2. Cool.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:40 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2320
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
I am already applying to a similar game, so I will skip this one, but if I don't get in, I might watch.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
This game will allow players that show up late to make characters. I'll be offering runs that last a day or two before moving on to a new run. That way if people are missing, we can take whoever is on and use that group for a run.

I understand that you prefer the other and I say enjoy. Thank you for the heads up, but if you don't get into that one why not make a runner and play instead of just watching?
Old 10-17-2020, 09:31 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 855
orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum orichulum
There is no such thing as too much shadowrun.