Chicane dans ta cabane

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7826
Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra Astra
Get To Know A Gamer: Master of Monsters

Get to Know a Gamer
I need to get better at these.Monstrous Expertise Edition

Hello everyone. This thread is the next installment in a series of threads on a somewhat-weekly basis where we get to know members of the RPGX community by having informal "Ask Me Anything"-type threads. In essence, I am going to post some icebreaker questions to which the subject will reply and then the thread will remain open for Q&A until it isn't fun any more.

If you would like to be a victim interviewed, if you have feedback on GTKAG or on the questions themselves, follow this link: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?p=8981519

Some reminders:
  1. All site rules of course still apply (i.e. keep it PG, no dox, etc.)
  2. Nobody's obliged to answer any questions they don't want to answer
  3. Please keep in mind the risks of sharing info online.
  4. It is okay to ask questions in advance; no need to wait for the victim to respond to the opener.

Now without further ado, some opening questions to break the ice!

QuestionnaireWhat are you doing right now? (besides answering this)
What do you like about your town? (and where is that?)
What do you see when you look in the mirror?
What do you see when you look out the window?
What's your personal creed/motto?
Low-fat, non-fat or regular milk?
Pen or pencil?
Last-gen or first-gen game consoles?
Where would you vacation (if you had enough money)?
Sarcastic or ironic?

The following shamelessly stolen from the "Inside the Actor's Studio" Questionnaire:

What is your favorite word?
What is your least favorite word?
What turns you on (intellectually speaking, not sexually)?
What turns you off?
What sound do you love?
What sound do you hate?
What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?
What profession would you not like to participate in?
If heaven exists what would you like to hear your supreme being of choice say when you arrive?

What is your favorite...
...music style?
...food style?
...color?
...instrument?
...ice-cream flavor?
...furniture piece?
...quote?
...video game?
...magazine?
...moment in a game (either on RPGX or IRL)?
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 09:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 41723
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Shadowrun, great setting, or the greatest setting?

Have you ever played it before? If so or if not, what are you thoughts on it?

If you were the undisputed ruler of RPGX for a day, what would be your first royal decree?
Old Jun 16th, 2021, 05:26 PM
Literal Worm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7863
Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon Wishkamon
What was the name of your first pet?

Also which 'monster' is your favourite?

Last edited by Wishkamon; Jun 16th, 2021 at 05:26 PM.
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 11:21 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5435
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Questionnaire

What are you doing right now?:

Watching the Go BucksBucks Vs Nets game 6, dying for pretty much any sports at all.

What do you like about your town?:

I live in Stevens Point Wisconsin, and have only been here since January. I like how close it is to Green Bay(which I like to visit due to I am an AVID Packer fan)

What do you see when you look in the mirror?:

Hmm, good question. A 34 year old, human male…I see me? Physically I am about 5’8/5’9, 460lbs. So I am a rather large dude. Otherwise I creative, caring person who loves his family and his Packers(Im not sure which more!)

What do you see when you look out the window?:

Right now? Darkness with a flash of lighting now and then; normally, I see the one way street I live on.

What's your personal creed/motto?:

Umm, do I need one? Go Pack Go, I guess? My friends/family would probably say “Yo mama”

Low-fat, non-fat or regular milk?:

Whole or 2%, either or, don’t much matter. Otherwise, if its not spoiled I’ll drink it.

Pen or pencil?:

Pen. Aside from drawing I have not used a pencil since I left Highschool in 06

Last-gen or first-gen game consoles?:

I have an Xbox 1 and a switch. If I had the money, I’d have a Series X

Where would you vacation (if you had enough money)?:

Japan, Canada, German, UK, really anywhere. Food plays a big factor in this choice. However Japan would be top of the list.

Sarcastic or ironic?:

Sarcastic

The following shamelessly stolen from the "Inside the Actor's Studio" Questionnaire:

What is your favorite word?:

Packers

What is your least favorite word?:

Vikings(bears?)

What turns you on (intellectually speaking, not sexually)?:

Puns

What turns you off?:

Tom Brady

What sound do you love?:

Rain on a tin roof

What sound do you hate?:

Cop sirens.

What profession other than yours would you like to attempt?:

Train Conductor, Pilot, Pro sports(Not baseball please)

What profession would you not like to participate in?:

Factory, construction, heavy labor/

If heaven exists what would you like to hear your supreme being of choice say when you arrive?:

No disrespect to those who disagree/Please message me and tell me about your beliefs, I would love to hear about them. I will never tell you that you are wrong and wont push my views on you. If you want to hear mine I’ll be happy to share!believe something else, but heaven does exist, and I will hear “Welcome good and faithful son.”

What is your favorite...
...music style?:

Anything with a good beat. Country, Classic Rock, Classical, Mostly just EminemRap, Punk, Pop, Gospel, Christian Rock.

...food style?:

Yum; gimmie

...color?:

Green, Gold.

...instrument?:

I played trumpet in elementary school. I own a Kalimba now.

...ice-cream flavor?

Ben and Jerry Half Baked.

...furniture piece?

Chair and a half.

...quote?:

Umm….don’t know. Insert Vince Lombardi here?

...video game?:

Ark: Survival Evolved. Only game that has ever gotten me hopelessly addicted.

...magazine?:

Fantasy football info mag. Grab one before every football season.

...moment in a game (either on RPGX or IRL)?:

T3E DMed by Hugga. We faced a red dracolich and my Fire wizard Elbryan was utterly useless. Led to a great moment for him I thing.

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Jun 17th, 2021 at 11:21 PM.
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 11:25 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters Master of Monsters
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post
Shadowrun, great setting, or the greatest setting?

Have you ever played it before? If so or if not, what are you thoughts on it?
I have not really played shadowrun, I know a little and would probably like it. I am a sucker for Forgotten Realms, call me basic; but I love the setting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imveros View Post

If you were the undisputed ruler of RPGX for a day, what would be your first royal decree?
We have an undisputed ruler?

Umm, if I was; I guess I finally give myself the 'good people' badge? IDK......I guess first would be for everyone to have fun? Maybe for us to start a RPGX-con or something?
Old Jun 17th, 2021, 11:32 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishkamon View Post
What was the name of your first pet?
Ashtray. It was a gray cat that we rescued when its mom was hit by a car. It sat in mom's ashtray and burnt its butt; and its fur was about the color of cig ash. Ash would sleep curled around my head when I slept like a kitty cap, and would knead(and dig its claws into....jerk) my head as I was going to sleep.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishkamon View Post
Also which 'monster' is your favorite?
Oh crud. Liches, probably. I never really thought too much about it. I started with the username "Ken" but I joined as a co-dm way back in like '05 and I designed the monsters/battles for the game. I was really good at the "Improving mosters" system in 3.5e where you added classes, templates or HD. I don't remember who the other DM, but they said 'your like the master of monsters' and it kind of stuck. Plus, maybe i just like being called Master?

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Jun 17th, 2021 at 11:32 PM.
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 02:11 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6536
Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19 Noquarter19
Didn't you used to have Donald Driver as your profile pic? I swear I remember seeing #80 under your name, but I could be wrong.

Also lol at TB12 being your turn-off. I was very lucky to have him as my QB for nearly two decades.

Ok, for an actual question: what's your favorite class for both 3.5 and 5e?
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 11:10 AM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noquarter19 View Post
Didn't you used to have Donald Driver as your profile pic? I swear I remember seeing #80 under your name, but I could be wrong.

Also lol at TB12 being your turn-off. I was very lucky to have him as my QB for nearly two decades.

Ok, for an actual question: what's your favorite class for both 3.5 and 5e?

Yes, you have a great memory! I had the above picture, with the tag line "You will be missed #80". That has been my longest lasting avatar on this site! I applied it as my avatar the day that Driver retired all the way up to when I returned earlier this year. So that was about 10 years it was my avatar. Sadly it was mostly inactive years.

I have come to like TB12 a little more since he moved on to TB; my main issue(aside from hogging super bowls) was his personality. He seemed like a jerk in NE. He has loosen up a little since leaving the Patriots. I think that has to do with getting away from Belichick.

3.5e: Halfling Rogue. Without a doubt was my most used race/class combo and was all around my favorite combo. As for my favorite character, it was Elbryan(previously mentioned) Aasimar/Warmage who was a meele based fire mage. He was known for his liberal use of fireball reguardless of the chance of friendly fire(Literally) or self harm and more then once dropped a fireball at his feet. Here are some of my old sheets for him. last edited july 2007 and the more accurate to what I remember last edited Jan 2019, I assume I hit save while walking down memory lane.. Elbryan did eventually move to 4e when Hugga switched T3E to 4e(that is when the aforementioned moment happen.) but he never felt quite the same in 4e.

As far as 5e goes, I have not had a chance to play many characters yet. I have two active. An artificer for a solo game with bananabadger, and a Monk(2)/Cleric(1) with Drachenspirit. I have not had a round of combat as a player yet, though, so I have not got to test out any crunchy bits to this point.
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 02:36 PM
Bang, bang, crabberang!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24962
bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger bananabadger
Whatís the best place to visit in Wisconsin (if you arenít a Packers fan)? As a gamer, are you obliged to make a yearly pilgrimage to Lake Geneva and leave a 1980s dwarf miniature figure outside the is TSR building as an homage to Gary?

Last edited by bananabadger; Jun 18th, 2021 at 03:58 PM.
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 02:37 PM
#Bard4Life

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14639
Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk Fillyjonk
Hi there MOM. Where did your name come from?
PCs: Fioravanti No-Last-Name | Ingetrude "Tru" Frostblossom |Myrrh the Burned
Old Jun 18th, 2021, 03:38 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fillyjonk View Post
Hi there MOM. Where did your name come from?
Great question, I answered it earlier, but here is the answer again:

I started with the username "Ken" but I joined a game as a co-dm way back in like '05 and I designed the monsters/battles for the game. I was really good at the "Improving mosters" system in 3.5e where you added classes, templates or HD. I don't remember who the other DM, but they said 'your like the master of monsters' and it kind of stuck. Plus, maybe i just like being called Master?

To add onto it, there is a playstation game that goes by the same name that I absolutely love, so that probably helped with the decision.

Last edited by Master of Monsters; Jun 18th, 2021 at 03:38 PM.
Old Jun 19th, 2021, 01:15 AM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by bananabadger View Post
Whatís the best place to visit in Wisconsin (if you arenít a Packers fan)? As a gamer, are you obliged to make a yearly pilgrimage to Lake Geneva and leave a 1980s dwarf miniature figure outside the is TSR building as an homage to Gary?
Sorry I didnt see your questions till now! Oops.

Best place to visit in wisconsin? Well, La Crosse is near my hometown of Tomah, Wi. It has the worlds largest beer cans.

Otherwise if that does not interest you, swing down to Baraboo to visit International Clown Hall of Fame & Research Center. Tons of other things, but those are two off the top of my head.

I have yet to make it to Lake Geneva, due to the fact that its a bit of a drive from me. However as far as gaming goes, I know Penny Williams, and her husband an author who worked on 3.5e DMG as well as many other titles.Skip Williams
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 03:36 PM
Supposed Gaming Goddess

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7095
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master of Monsters View Post
To add onto it, there is a playstation game that goes by the same name that I absolutely love, so that probably helped with the decision.
Did you know it had multiple sequels, though?
Ask me Anything

Last edited by Marshmallow; Jun 23rd, 2021 at 03:36 PM.
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 03:56 PM
Is it nap time yet?

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshmallow View Post
Did you know it had multiple sequels, though?
I did not know that! Might be time to bust out my credit card and see if I can get some old gems.

^_^
Old Jun 23rd, 2021, 04:25 PM
Belle-Sprout

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20116
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
This user right here... any relation? they're *born* of Monsters, but not necessarily a monster themselves. So I'm not sure if your mastery extends.