RPG Crossing
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Oct 3rd, 2015, 12:48 AM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15789
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
post dropbox

Having Moved to D4 last round. I can't seem to edit the maps.stumbled back a short distance from the dangerous ooze Dresden gave his head a shake to clear his thoughts. His leg still throbbed with agony from where the creature had latched onto him. Quickly drying up after being separated from its host the pseudopod fell from the cleric's leg revealing an angry looking weal where the breeches had been burned away by the acid. The redness of the mark looked hot to touch and was covered in gleaming blisters.

Fumbling at his neck for the holy symbol hanging there Dresden grasped it tightly as he began to pray softly to Trithereon. His mind reeling from the pain and shock of facing this creature the half-elf had difficulty channelling the will of his God. Like trying to catch smoke the divine manifestation kept eluding his grasp. Taking a deep breath and closing his eyes Dresden attempted to clear his mind and ignore the multitude of distractions currently assaulting him. From the pain lancing up his leg to his heart hammering in his chest, even the metallic tang the adrenaline had left in his mouth Dresden dug deep and pushed through all of it. He could feel the wispy tendril which held the mighty power of Trithereon... now if he could only grasp it.

Dresden's holy symbol flared briefly as a faint corona of light burst outward from the cleric. When the light faded one could perhaps argue the wound on the half-elf's leg looked better if you squinted really hard.

"Well that didn't go as planned." the cleric muttered bitterly as he cursed his failure.

Old Oct 11th, 2015, 10:53 PM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne Raylorne
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodMyst View Post
Lezrik took in all the constable had to say, beginning to let his mind wander to what kinds of magical traps he might encounter. Even though the description Carnton gave was rather vague, Lezrik's skin couldn't help but tingle with anticipation. There was a moment of silence, before Lezrik snapped back to the present reality. "Hmm? Right, sorry, got lost in thought for a second. I'm Lezrik," he said as he stood up and shook Cranton's hand. "Pleasure to meet you Constable, and thank you, for buying me a drink. It means a lot after being on the road for a few days."

As he sat back down, he motioned to the barkeep. "Excuse me, Ollie, is it? I would like to order some soup, something meaty if that is possible. And I don't need a full bowl of it, I have a tower to explore." Lezrik spoke with more excitement than he intended. Am I really that excited over a tower? It probably doesn't even have half as many of these magical traps that he described to me. Besides, it hasn't been occupied for four years, any traps would have had to have deteriorated by now. His stomach growled again, and he took another swig of ale to try and calm it down. But still, lights appearing suddenly a few weeks ago? Maybe the tower has a new resident...

Neehan would tell me not to get ahead of myself, and he's right. I will encounter whatever traps there are when I encounter them, and not a minute before. Lezrik sighed to himself and recalled to his last few weeks of training with Neehan. There was much less physical activity then, as his mentor was getting older by the day. As such, most of the time they spent together during those last few weeks was spent in meditation. When they first met, he was already beginning his late stages of life; and when Lezrik was forced out into the world, they both knew that Neehan was very close to leaving this world himself.

Lezrik felt a sorrowful expression settle on his face, and buried his face in his ale as an attempt to disguise it. He set the empty mug down in front of him and pushed it away. Now is not the time to be thinking of such things, he thought to himself. Neehan would not appreciate these thoughts.

OoCNo worries dude, I completely understand.
Old Oct 17th, 2015, 04:43 AM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
Dresden made his way over to where the group was converging on the door recently opened by Javek, and he limped with each painful step. Unable to make out the details of what lay beyond the doorway from his current vantage point the cleric instead took solace from the absence of any hostile actions on behalf of those nearest the door. When it appeared they'd finally found a room that failed to contain a threat of some kind the scruffy half-elf sighed with relief. Although he could feel the weakness that had settled into his bones from his repeated attempts to channel the might of Trithereon today, Dresden took a deep breath as he reached for his holy symbol.

It's not like he can ignore me right? The cleric thought apprehensively as he recalled his neutered attempts mere moments before.

Closing his eyes Dresden slowed his breathing and thought back to his lessons in Penwick following his promotion to the rank of Cleric. The young half-elf had chosen the Church of Trithereon merely by happenstance. Having found himself fleeing an undesirable life a young Dresden was just glad to have found himself shelter and a purpose, and a job that didn't involve shovelling animal manure was a healthy bonus. Dresden had been promoted to the role of Cleric more as a result of genetics than any real devotion to his deity. After 32 years of service to the church in an administrative role the half-elf had managed to outlive much of the human parish. It's not that Dresden doubted his god, for he'd personally witnessed a great number of miracles performed through powerful clerics during his tenure with the church, it's just that he lacked the devotion he'd witnessed in some other members of the clergy; many of whom who had long since found the grave.

You need simply open yourself to Trithereon like a blooming flower. Dresden's eyes rolled as he recalled the dry instructions doled out by Gavyn, the Head Cleric from the cathedral in Verbobonc. He was supposed to be honoured the man had made the journey to preside over his inauguration, but at the time the impetuous young half-elf failed to appreciate the gravity of the situation.

Ceremonies were completed without hassle, and it seemed that before the ink had time to dry on his documents Dresden found himself and his family on their pilgrimage to build a new temple. Excited at the prospect to travel and build the foundations for a new church, Dresden was also looking forward to his education from the ranking cleric in their group, Rufus. Those ambitions died with Rufus on the night of the attack.

With a shake of his head Dresden banished the swirling memories that threatened to overwhelm him, and instead focused on the now. The cold, damp stones beneath his feet and the firm sensation of his holy symbol pressed into his palm.

Like a flower, like a flower... the would be cleric found himself mentally chanting, and wearing a wry grin at the memory of Gavyn's lectures.

Floating through a black sea Dresden felt the gossamer strands of Trithereon, yet instead of grasping frantically at the first hint of acceptance the half-elf calmed himself and recalled Gavyn's monotone delivery.

"You need simply open yourself to Trithereon like a blooming flower."

Inhaling deeply through the nose Dresden recalled an image of the tulips adorning the gardens of City Hall back in Penwick during Spring; the soft petals unfolding gently to embrace the sun. Holding the breath for a moment Dresden savoured the familiar warmth as the power of his god enveloped him. As he exhaled he could feel the nimbus of energy expand around him, far surpassing the power of his prior attempts.

Looking down Dresden noticed the raw flesh that had once decorated his leg was now replaced by a fibrous looking scar. Certainly a far cry from the unblemished skin he knew Trithereon was capable of bestowing however it was enough progress to pull this cleric back from the ledge of self-doubt he'd found himself on, if ever so slightly.

Last edited by Raylorne; Oct 17th, 2015 at 08:06 PM.
Old Dec 28th, 2015, 02:25 AM
This space for rent

Tools
User Statistics
Old Jan 29th, 2016, 03:49 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5809
Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n Talula3ll3n
Kitchen Pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	Kitchen.JPG
Views:	21
Size:	86.3 KB
ID:	67544

Click image for larger version

Name:	Peninsula.JPG
Views:	20
Size:	87.0 KB
ID:	67545