Notices

Old Apr 1st, 2017, 09:52 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 102
El Sijo El Sijo
D&D: The Wanderers- Game Thread

Ah, Waterdeep Zasheir thought, as he took a deep breath of brine-smelling wind coming from the port. His gaze swept the city from the distance. It was indeed magnificent, even to a forest-dweller like himself.

Not that he let appearances fool him. He knew it could be a risky, even treacherous place. But nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? And today, he needed to land a job- hunt had been scarce in the forest these past few days. Finding a bounty to collect shouldn't be too hard.

After convincing the city's gate guards that he was just a harmless traveler, he entered it, and walked along its streets, heading for his favorite inn. Along the way, he saw quite an eclectic bunch of people- was that a Goliath over there? Huh, they've become even more open since I was last here- which brought a small smile to his lips. He wasn't exactly an idealist, but he preferred peaceful coexistence.

Ah, finally, there it is he thought happily, as he stared at the inn's familiar sign- The Dancing Cyclops:

Nodding to himself, he entered the establishment, wondering what kind of people he would meet inside.

GM:PLAYERS: introduce your characters and have them drop by the inn.
Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 12:15 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4382
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Purtham is deep in meditation focusing in on the beasts and the great waterfall. He recounts the beasts, while still here their number seems to be dwindling. He's dealt with a few hunters in his time. Most rangers and druids retained the balance though some hunters came for the sport. Could something be happening to the beasts?

Perhaps, it is time he left the waterfall and returned to civilization. His hermitage began 20 years prior he had seen many things come and go. In the realm of man, change seemed to occur rather quickly. He had seen more smoke stacks as the city expanded into the forest and more men and women have begun to enter the forest for adventure and the thrill of the hunt. Purtham stands and slowly moves through his movements doing a relaxed form of his martial arts. He then stands beneath the waterfall and returns from his deep meditation as the water strikes his back and head.

He makes his way towards the city thinking, this should be interesting as most of the children I once knew should be adults by now. He waves to the guards and lets them check him for weapons revealing his shortsword and darts. He explains how they were used for survival while traveling the woods. The guards let him through he bows and then makes his way towards the inn. Though he was unsure of its location the noise and smell pointed him in the direction of the Inn.

Last edited by delpinator; Apr 2nd, 2017 at 11:29 PM.
Old Apr 2nd, 2017, 11:22 PM
1975, lol
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24559
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
left-aligned image
Situated on a rocky outcrop, just a hill and a holler away from Waterdeep, as Gretta was wont to say, sat her squat abode. From the outside it was nothing more than a small waddle hut. What lied beneath was known to no one else, at least no one else that still lived. That was unimportant now. The stew was of utmost priority. Rabbit needed to be cooked just so to avoid turning the whole pot gamy and stringy.

"A dash of rosemary, a pinch of thyme, and smidgen of salt ought to do you right." Spending so much time alone, Gretta had been talking to herself more and more. Raising the wooden spoon up to her wrinkled mouth, she took the first bite. "Ooh, my, more salt."

With a full belly she pulled the shutters tight, blew out the candles, and crawled into bed. "I think I creak more than the bed does anymore," she said chuckling to herself as she pulled the blankets up tight and nodded off to sleep.

Her slumber on this night was anything but restful. Images of reptilian eyes in the darkness plagued her visions. The dreams themselves were of nothing unusual. A trip into Waterdeep to replenish the few supplies she could not find herself in the forest, such as the salt used in the stew. The salt merchant's eyes had turned to yellowed slits before the dream had shifted to the smith handing her a new ladle when his had done the same. It wasn't fear that drove Gretta away from the men but a driving force propelling her somewhere because of them. What did it mean?

Two city guards accost her in the street. They know about her former master and her part played in the horrors that took place under her hovel! But then, not guards, they are birds. Not any birds but sparrows, golden sparrows. They hand her a feather.

"The feather will fall the beast," was all they said before they shrunk down to nothing, disappearing in fear as a gigantic one-eyed monstrosity comes barreling down the boulevard. Not harming anyone...just dancing?

A crash of thunder wakes Gretta from her slumber. The images and words are fresh in her mind as if they had just happened this day unlike the usual blurry and incomplete memories of most dreams.

"Not just dreams this is, no. I was told a time would come when I would be called upon. This is that sign. Though I know not what the serpent eyes or golden birds mean, I do know what a dancing cyclops portrays."

Gathering her traveling gear she prepares for the trek into the city. A dancing cyclops is no riddle, why the inn is just before the apothecary in Waterdeep. Perhaps there, meaning to this vision will reveal itself.
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 09:38 PM
Extreme Social Anxiety

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 563
Beckelhimer Beckelhimer Beckelhimer Beckelhimer Beckelhimer Beckelhimer

Inside The Dancing Cyclops the aarakocra was sitting at a table with a group of dwarves and a human. Kalcor's wings were wrapped around the back of his chair and he threw his head back and poured some ale down his beak. He slammed his mug down on the table, "I know, I know," he wiped the dribble of ale from his beak, "If I have another one my feathers will start to fall off." At that the others at the table began to laugh.

After the laughter settled Kalcor stretched out his wings and wrapped them back around the chair. "I'm glad I have found others who are also searching for the green dragon of Star Mounts. As you know," he motioned to the dwarves, "my clan, Tehki, was practically destroyed. Those that survived scattered, either to hunt the dragon or find a new home. I'm one of those that decided to hunt the dragon."

Kalcor held his mug high above his head and yelled over to the barkeep in common, "Another round here!" He winked at the dwarves at his table, "So, is there any info you could give about where this green dragon might be?"

Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. - Proverbs 27:17
Old Apr 4th, 2017, 10:12 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
El Sijo El Sijo
The Dancing Cyclops was rather empty today. It was usually full of adventurers, but today Zasheir only saw a couple dwarves, a human and a- what was that?

Some kind of bird-man. A Kenku, maybe? No, wait, Kenku are wingless. Wow, Waterdeep is definitely more varied these days!

Realizing he was staring, the young Calishite sat down at a nearby table and motioned over a serving maid. He proceeded to order some bread and cheese, and some cider to wash it down.

From his chair, he overheard the birdman say something about hunting a dragon for revenge. Uh oh, that was a very dangerous thing to do. The gods knew that he would help if he could, but with his current might, he was lucky to be able to slay kobolds.

Hmm. Kobolds.

Aren't kobolds dragon-worshippers?

If the stranger was not aware of this, then informing him might -just might- help him in his quest. Of course, he might know already. But why not tell him? He had nothing to lose.

He got up and walked over to him. "Pardon" he said, bowing. "I could not help overhear that you are seeking a dragon. Now, I don't have any idea where it might be hiding- but perhaps kobolds might. They worship dragons, you see. I happen to know where some kobolds live, in the mountains to the north. Perhaps you can- convince them to tell you what they know. However, it would be a dangerous journey. I'd advise you to take a good party along, if you plan to go."
Old Apr 10th, 2017, 12:10 PM
1975, lol
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
left-aligned image
Gretta listened patiently to the rabble around her, attempting to pick out any bits that may relate back to her dream. No, not just a dream. A vision. This wasn't just some passing fancy or a dwarf out looking for coin. She had a purpose to discover.

Reptilian eyes and feathers. I don't know of any feathered reptiles, she thought over a bowl of stew that tasted like a cyclops had made it. Perhaps the name isn't so random after all.

The feather will fall the beast. That's what the men in her vision had said but what beast?

"If I have another one my feathers will start to fall off. I'm glad I have found others who are also searching for the green dragon of Star Mounts." An aarakocra was drinking heavily with some dwarves across the room.

The directness of it all was baffling, though truth be told this befuddled half-bird didn't look like he could fight his way out of broom closet.

Grimacing as she downed the rest of her soup, Gretta slowly got out of her seat and sauntered across the tavern to the boisterous group entertaining the birdman.

Dice persuasion check to join group:
1d20+5 (9)+5 Total = 14
"Do any of you mutton-heads believe in destiny? If you do, I believe we have a dragon to discover."
Old Apr 15th, 2017, 05:14 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
El Sijo El Sijo
GMNote: rolls cannot modify PC choices, only NPCs'

Greta's sudden interruption drew attention away from Zasheir, at least for the moment. He raised an eyebrow at her- she just looked like some hag. Not that he judged by appearances, both because of his own origins and because of his training as a Mystic.

The others at the table -except perhaps the birdman- seemed, however, quite impressed by her bold claim. Perhaps she had some local reputation? Better to listen to her, for now.
Old Apr 20th, 2017, 07:43 AM
1975, lol
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
"I see a great many things. Some blessings, others curses. Nevertheless, they all mean something. I do believe your destiny truly lies with this dragon, you of the Tehki Clan. If it is your intent to see the end of this beast, then I am intertwined in your destiny to see it through. Feathers and dragons, yes."
Old Apr 21st, 2017, 12:59 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator delpinator
Purtham gently entered the tavern when he heard mention of a feather from a witch? Could it be a Hag? Purtham was confused why such a creature would enter into civilization especially a tavern of potential heroes. Could it be that she was given a vision from the universe in connection with the golden feather? Purtham was full of questions so he decided to approach the witch and talk of the golden feather.

"Excuse me, but I couldn't help over hearing the mention of a feather. Have you perhaps heard of the feather of a golden sparrow? I am in search of such an object for I believe it may be the answer to the universe. I may prove useful against a dragon. It is said that the greatest beast can fall to the smallest of creatures if the right force is applied and the Chi aligned. "
Old Apr 21st, 2017, 07:36 AM
1975, lol
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
"The feather will fall the beast."

Letting out a loud cackle Gretta continues, "So then the drunken birdman is not the feather. Visions can be misleading. Tell me of this feather and the question to the universe you seek an answer to."
Old Apr 21st, 2017, 10:44 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
"I am still working through what the question may be though I assume it to be the question of life itself. This is the question that all Seek though few if any have been able to discover.

You say the feather shall fall the beast this proves strange.

I have heard that the feather changes the way one views the world. Could the beast be the one preventing true knowledge from entering into the world? This could prove to be an interesting adventure. I may be the stone for which the heat of excitement of the bird to reach the balance of the universe. I still am unsure of your role though of I were to guess it may be instruction by the gods about our mission.

Don't get me wrong I'm certainly not a man of the cloth. Leaning towards a single god to provide favor is limited in thought for it is better to lean towards all. As we lean inwards we can reach our enlightenment and favor from the gods. The animal with the most variety of food shall find that as one leans others sway and all shall be called dinner. "

Last edited by delpinator; Apr 23rd, 2017 at 12:18 AM.
Old Apr 22nd, 2017, 09:22 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
El Sijo El Sijo
Zasheir raised an eyebrow. What was all this stuff? Feathers? A cackling witch? It was none of his business really, yet he found it oddly appealing.

maybe I'm just bored, he wondered. He continued to listen in, waiting to see where this all would lead.

Last edited by El Sijo; Apr 22nd, 2017 at 09:23 PM.
Old Apr 24th, 2017, 10:31 AM
1975, lol
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2019

Tools
User Statistics
left-aligned image
"Well put. I had a similar saying carved in wood above my hearth..."

"Visions can be tricky to interpret. What mind can comprehend the intentions of gods? What does seem obvious is that we must find this feather, but who knows of such things?"
Old Apr 26th, 2017, 12:42 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
El Sijo El Sijo
Zasheir had little idea what the Elf and the Crone were talking about.

But it sounded safer than tracking a dragon, that's for sure!

"If you'll pardon my interruption" he said, approaching them. "I could not help overhear. My name is Zasheir, and I'm a Mystic. Exploring the unknown is my chosen path. Perhaps I can help you find this... feather." Assuming it exists and isn't just a concept, he thought.

Last edited by El Sijo; Apr 26th, 2017 at 12:42 PM.