twitter facebook

Notices

Closed Thread

Old Oct 29th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Big Muscles

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36915
Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck Admin Chuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazersetcetera View Post
Further question on the stat blocks - Does one need to link to stats or can we assume that DMs will look it up? Which of the following is the correct format?

or

... and now I'm definitely making Humerus as a bad guy.
Either of those methods will suffice. The difficulty with linking is that many things cannot be linked to the SRD because they are not in it. But for the stuff that is in the SRD you are welcome to link it, though it is not entirely necessary.
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 02:47 PM
Vampire Cat

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19247
Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard Arucard
I totally wasn't going to participate in this, either, due to potential time constraints.

But your persistent advertising finally broke me down.

Unfortunately, I do still seem to have failed to account for class levels in the stat block regarding BAB... ah well.

Want a new avatar? CLICK HERE!

Last edited by Arucard; Oct 29th, 2012 at 03:01 PM.
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 07:08 PM
Justiciar of Peregratas

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2421
brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka
I'm very interested in this. I am by no means the best DM....but I'd definitely like to try my hand at The Iron DM. Hope you enjoy my creation.
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 07:13 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1458
Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos
I liked everyone's creations and will see if I make it to the next round.

Are you a Pathfinder GM? Join the team at Eternity's End
Old Oct 29th, 2012, 08:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1458
Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos Gulielmos
Since I cant edit let me clarify its +1 per level to those skills checks in my feat.No rounded down needed.

Are you a Pathfinder GM? Join the team at Eternity's End
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 06:50 AM
Wood he do it?!?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16937
Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree
So, is Round 0 going to receive the same harsh judgment that the remaining rounds will get?

I like the idea that it will sort of become a mini RPG Superstar concept that will be used as the choosing mechanic, which in my opinion would be nice considering it gives a better idea of the participants than rolling dice does, though it isn't always as unbiased.

-GT
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 08:55 AM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36293
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
No, round 0 is going to be as quick and painless as we can make it, for both the competitors and the judges. Which means you won't be recieving pages upon pages of discussion on your work.
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 09:04 AM
Wood he do it?!?

Tools
User Statistics
Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree Grogg Tree
Alright, I think I've postponed the decision long enough... going to have to enter this year I think.

-GT
Old Oct 30th, 2012, 09:56 AM
Psionic Cheerleader

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3306
Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz Uruz
Excellent, more grist for the mill!
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 03:27 AM
Wood he do it?!?

Tools
User Statistics
Now, we must only wait and see if my entry was really bad this time around. Figure I have to start my Iron DM contention with a real winner.

-GT
Old Oct 31st, 2012, 09:25 PM
Justiciar of Peregratas

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2421
brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka brann miekka
I've edited my post, and reread the rules more carefully; I had a bad misunderstanding of the 250/100 word limit.
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 03:06 PM
Wood he do it?!?

Tools
User Statistics
Wow... I think that this was the first time I was so bored of a post of mine that I was contemplating withdrawing from the competition. Thank goodness for allowing the edit in this round. I just hope the round ends soon so I can finally read everyone's entries.

-GT
Old Nov 5th, 2012, 03:13 PM
Worldcrafter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 36293
Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption Admin RonarsCorruption
And just under the limit, too!
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 04:01 AM
Wood he do it?!?

Tools
User Statistics
Oh man, looking over the contestant's entries now that the round is done... wow! This year is sure to be stacked with some crazy concepts and fantastic writing. I'm just feeling bad for the judges for having to decide, especially since this is a smaller field to choose from than last year. Hopefully all are happy by the effort they put in, because I just know I'm lucky to be included in the running with all you fine people.

-GT

Last edited by Grogg Tree; Nov 6th, 2012 at 04:01 AM.
Old Nov 6th, 2012, 07:37 AM
3d6x6 in order

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1963
Lazersetcetera Lazersetcetera Lazersetcetera Lazersetcetera Lazersetcetera Lazersetcetera Lazersetcetera Lazersetcetera Lazersetcetera Lazersetcetera Lazersetcetera
oooh, when can we discuss the round 0 entries? There's one I really love and I want to congratulate the author.