RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 01:00 AM
R E S P E C T

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8221
G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan
Rime of the Frostmaiden

Game NameRime of the Frostmaiden
Game SystemDnD 5e
ThemeIsolation, paranoia, secrets, and being trapped
FlavourElements of modern horror in a medieval setting
Plot SummaryEvery night for the past two years, Auril, the embodiment of winter's fury, rides the sky on a white roc and weaves a powerful enchantment over Icewind Dale and the lands north of the Spine of the World. Since she began her ride, the land has been locked in winter's dark embrace as the sun refuses to rise above the horizon. The people of Icewind Dale call it the Everlasting Rime.

The perpetual cold and the desolation it has caused has robbed many of their compassion. On the fringes of Ten Towns, threatening beasts prowl the icy landscape, seeking the chance to strike at the heart of civilization. Within the towns themselves, the superstitious have begun offering up sacrifices to Auril in attempts to to sate her fury. Thus far, nothing has worked.

Although a hearty folk, the people of Icewind Dale feel their resolve slowly dwindling. With all of their energy committed to day-to-day survival, there is none left for hope and certainly none to fuel the change required to free the North from the perpetual darkness that holds it in its icy grip.
Game InfoPlayers: 4-6
Sources: Any, official Forgotten Realms specific sources are allowed
Starting Level: 1
Stats: The following array: 17, 15, 13, 12, 10, 8
Racial Ability Scores: You may take one point from your racial ability modifiers and apply it to any other ability that does not normally get an increase. For example: Dragonborn have +2 Strength, +1 Charisma. The +1 from Charisma could be moved to any ability, other than Strength. Or 1 point from the +2 to Strength could be moved to any ability, other than Charisma.
Starting Equipment: Standard for class and background, plus 1 set of cold weather clothing
Secrets: Each character starts with a secret. I will work with players once applications have been accepted to determine their character's secret.
ExpectationsI sometimes get very busy during the week, but I can commit to a minimum of one post per week and would like the same commitment from players. I will try to post more per week as often as I can.

I do not believe that post length directly correlates to post quality. I would rather have people posting shorter posts and staying active than trying to write multiple screens worth and getting overwhelmed. Really think about what you could do in a few seconds and post accordingly. I have seen too many games crash and burn partially because of people trying to keep up with overly verbose posts. No one need to do that in my game.

My biggest expectations are for everyone to have fun, enjoy themselves, and work to ensure that the other players are having fun and enjoying themselves.
ApplicationsI will allow you to format your application as you see fit. Just make sure you let me know how long you have been in Ten Towns, how you arrived there if you weren't born there, and a few people that your character knows around the area (even if you keep them unnamed so I can fill that in later). I don't tend to choose players based on the longest and most detailed application. I tend to chose based on something that caught my eye because I can use it during the game.

Deadline: January 17

PlayerCharacterRaceClassStatus
HellsingsRaziel   Interest
Arjuna332Celica HeartweaverHumanPaladinComplete
BjorgulfBucketGoblinRogueComplete
WolandIrekahn, daughter of HerumerHumanSorcererComplete
TibbyLTPMouserKenkuBardComplete
Seekr34Gauther ThuliagaGoliathFighterComplete
CorwinOlin BrewerHumanMonkComplete
DrGonzoDurslak "Slag" DeepdelveDwarfClericComplete
ZinrokhBlacktydeHumanBarbarianComplete
MaestrosityNillishLizardfolkClericComplete
AG128LIvanka FrostbornDwarfArtificerComplete
NikolasWatt MasonHumanFighterComplete
SpinradPilcro FogmawGoblinDruidComplete
Inuvash255   Interest
TyealLore MilitanTieflingWarlockComplete
SarcasticWaffle   Interest
RJonesyGillead FlintwhistleHumanPaladinComplete
ElvenMaidenLorawynn AmakiirElfRangerComplete
IldrahilIldrahil YewbowHalf-elfRangerComplete
ThesandwichkingRuhn GormsonHalf-orcPaladinIncomplete
KullervoRazrush Skybreaker KolakaviaGoliathDruidComplete
Eskim NightBrom ValranHuman?Incomplete
PlaidPeregrineMaggie KiirnodelHalf-elfFighterComplete

Last edited by G in Japan; Jan 17th, 2021 at 07:22 AM.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 01:05 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1010
Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332 Arjuna332
When you said Modern Horror, does this game take place in modern time?
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 01:12 AM
R E S P E C T

Tools
User Statistics
G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan G in Japan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjuna332 View Post
When you said Modern Horror, does this game take place in modern time?
No. By that, I meant it has more modern elements of horror than gothic horror. It still takes place in Faerūn, so it is a medieval fantasy setting.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 01:17 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by G in Japan View Post
No. By that, I meant it has more modern elements of horror than gothic horror. It still takes place in Faerūn, so it is a medieval fantasy setting.
Ah, ok gotcha. Gonna make a character soon.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 01:36 AM
Kinda Machiavellian

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3712
HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel HellsingsRaziel
Just bought Icewind Dale on steam this seams fortuitous lol.

I'll try and have something up in the next couple days.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 03:52 AM
Blessed

Tools
User Statistics
Haunted Crusader
right-aligned image
Name: Celica Heartweaver

Race: Human (Variant)

Profession: Paladin of Torm

Alignment: Lawful Good

Background: Haunted One

Personality Trait:
-I don’t talk about the thing that torments me. I’d rather not burden others with my curse.
-I refuse to become a victim, and I will not allow others to be victimized.

Ideal: Greater Good. I kill monsters to make the world a safer place, and to exorcise my own demons. (Good)

Bond: I would sacrifice my life and my soul to protect the innocent.

Flaw: I feel no compassion for the dead. They’re the lucky ones.

Description: Standing at 5'8", Celica is rather tall for a young woman like her. Long hair as white as snow, Celica is rarely seen without her protective gear, seemingly ready for combat all the time. She has a melancholic look on her face, indicating a dark past. Despite that, she often stands tall, showing no sign of meekness in the face of adversity and evil, being a paladin of Torm, the god of loyalty and righteousness. She never outright voices it out, but she cares about those who are around her, but after the personal tragedy that she went through, she often focuses on the living than the dead, rationalizing that it is futile to mourn the dead than to protect the living.

Personality: Like mentioned above, Celica is a melancholic person, who is often lost in thoughts about things that have been troubling her ever since she was a child. But despite that, she often tries to focus on defending the innocents and standing tall before any kind of adversity as a way to fight her own inner demons. She tries to fulfill her duty as a beacon of righteousness, making use of her martial prowess to ensure that no innocents will be harmed. Even so, despite her trying to be good and righteous, she has been desensitized by deaths in general, outright dismissing the dead in favor of the living to the point that people may consider her callous to those who had lost their loved ones. While she has no malicious thoughts about the dead, she cannot bring herself to care about them due to her personal experience.

History: If one were to ask Celica about her past, she will often start with her showing up at the doorstep of an orphanage, cold and hungry. When the caretakers found her, they saw a haunted look in her eyes, and they immediately took her in and bathed her. For many months, Celica was in some sort of trance, unresponsive to anything around her, but due to the gentle and loving care of the caretakers, who were also the members of the clergy of Torm, Celica started to recover. The haunted look still remained in her eyes as she grew up, but she was no longer in a trance. As she grew up, she began to turn to religion, and from there, she learned more about Torm. The teaching of Torms resonated in her heart, and from there, she started praying to the god of loyalty and righteousness.

Celica became devoted to the teachings of Torm, and soon enough, she began dedicating herself to the way of the god of righteousness. She found herself a member of the clergy, and she would soon become one of Torm's paladins, who could use their powers to defend the innocents, smite the evils and live righteously, even willing to sacrifice herself for the sake of the innocents. But, even as she was anointed by Torm's grace, she still couldn't escape her dark past that had been haunting her, and in her effort to exorcise her own inner demons, she had decided to embark on an adventure to not only search for inner peace, but also absolve herself of the dark past that had been following her. She had decided to head north, thinking that she could find absolution there, unaware of the horror that might await her at Ten-Towns.

Roleplay Sample:

Last edited by Arjuna332; Jan 4th, 2021 at 10:49 PM.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 08:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 890
Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf Bjorgulf
Haven't played this adventure, definitely interested! Application to follow shortly.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 11:46 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 126
Woland Woland
Oh, definitely interested! New to this site, but long time PbP gamer. Will draft an app in a day or two!
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 02:31 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15
TibbyLTP
Any racial or class based restrictions? Like no white dragonborn as they would be resistant to all of the cold effects that would be present? And would more exotic races be allowed?

I do like the concept of this campaign and will get a char posted here in a bit.

Last edited by TibbyLTP; Jan 3rd, 2021 at 02:33 PM.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 05:24 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3394
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Name: Gauther Thuliaga
Race: Goliath
Class: Fighter
Background: Nomad
Personality Trait: I prefer to let my deeds speak for me.
Ideal: I go where the food is.
Bond: My dream is to see every corner of the world before I die.
Flaw: I find humor in serious situations, usually at inappropriate times.
Personality: He gets along with everyone fairly well. If they can hold their own, they have his respect. He doesn't like weaklings and cowards. He first was disgusted with the rogues, but he learned of their uses and finally accepted them. He is pretty much like a common soldier at times, loves the tavern for their drink, food, women and a good old fashion brawl.

Appearance: He Stands at 8 feet tall, green eyes, shaved head. His skin is gray and his body looks like it has been carved from mountain stone, making him look like a walking mountain. Armed with a maul and bow, dressed in chainmail, he looks like a force to be reckon with indeed.
right-aligned image

Backstory: He grew up a typical Goliath, doing his part to help the tribe. Each does their part, man, woman, and child, young and old. Although it’s rare to see if any of them reach old age. The roam place to place. Where the food is good and the land is livable, they stay until food is scarce and they move on. Living high up the mountains, they are at peace, the only real enemy would be the hill giants and a few others that would like to have the Goliaths as slaves, so they make sure they don’t move into their territory.

The Goliaths are very competitive people, they always try to outdo one another. It can be so bad that if one defeats a dragon, they will seek a bigger and more dangerous foe. They aren’t too forgiving on weakness. They will nurse the sick and heal the wounded, but when healthy, they to pull their weight. The old and weak are either left behind as they migrate elsewhere or are exiled, banished from the tribe. They do not last long on their own. The Goliaths rather die when they are at their peak, then grow and become weak.

Gauther’s grandfather was a hero among his people, a legend. He had traveled and seen some of the world and when he came back, he tried to change his people’s way of life, but they threaten him with exile if he continued that nonsense. Gauther though, would listen and when he went out into the world, he saw how right his grandfather was. It became too much when he tried to rebel and change their way of doing things and they exiled him.

Last edited by Seekr34; Jan 3rd, 2021 at 05:26 PM.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 05:26 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3394
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
app is done
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 09:09 PM
R E S P E C T

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by TibbyLTP View Post
Any racial or class based restrictions? Like no white dragonborn as they would be resistant to all of the cold effects that would be present? And would more exotic races be allowed?
There are no race or class restrictions, other than they should come from published WotC materials. Exotic races are allowed, provided they are from the Forgotten Realms. So nothing from Ravnica or the like. I would be open to discussion to allow subclasses from those other sources, though.
Old Jan 3rd, 2021, 11:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1496
Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin Corwin
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Olin Brewer
Race: Human Variant
Class: Monk
Background: Hermit

Description: The hard weather north of the Spine of the World has left Olin looking older than his age, but clean living and a lifetime of ritual exercise keep him in better shape than many with half his years. He wears heavy woolen cloaks over the habit of the monastery where he was raised and carries only a few possessions.

Personality: Olin's guiding light is the belief that nature's gifts are given freely to all, and therefore all have a duty to give freely of their own talents to any in need.

Background: Born near Luskan to a poor family, Olin was given into the care of a monastery dedicated to Silvanus when he was very young. He eagerly studied the ways of nature and the mysteries of the inner magic called ki, but found the petty politics and jealousies of monastic life difficult to bear. When called to take a rank in his order, he instead asked dispensation to leave the house in favor of the contemplative life.

He left with only his clothes and the pack on his back, wandering ever farther north and finally settling in Icewind Dale. For the past ten years, he's lived in a turf house far enough from Dougan's Hole to guarantee his privacy but near enough to allow him to minister to the townspeople, occasionally trading healing potions, herbal remedies, and homebrewed liquor for the few things he can't forage for himself. He spends the brief summers studying the plants and wildlife of the dale and the long winters meditating on the uses of ki. Despite keeping to himself much of the time and going without being seen at all for months when the snow is deep, Olin is a familiar face among the herbalists and tavern keepers of Dougan's Hole.

RP Sample: Olin trudged home using his spear as a walking stick, his head bent low and his hood pulled down over his eyes against the wind, following the tracks he'd left only a few hours before. Those tracks were almost invisible now, erased by the constantly drifting snow. Fortunately he knew the path to Dougan's Hole well enough to walk it in the dark, as it was always dark now; so little light made it through Auril's clouds that noon was scarcely distinguishable from midnight.

He usually only went to town when asked, but he'd gone on his own today; the endless winter meant that he was always needed. He'd delivered herbal brews to some of his regular customers, and such food as he could spare to a few he'd known would need it. Missus Parna the weaver, in particular, had great confidence in his remedies and her daughter was always ill. A jar of dried berries and a sack of smoked fish would do the child more good than any medicine. Remedies couldn't cure hunger.

Hunger was becoming a more urgent problem than illness. The monk looked south across the Redwaters, its surface frozen solid from side to side. Soon the ice would be too thick for even the sturdiest fisherman to cut through. No crops grew or livestock grazed in the icy fields to the west, little game survived in the wildland beyond. He didn't bother looking north toward the Caravan Trail. Fewer caravans came every month, each one draining the Ten Towns of what little wealth was left, and eventually none would come at all.

The monk turned off the path, jumping an almost buried fence into what had been a farmer's field. He crossed the snow until he came a tree, its branches bare of leaves for two years now. It was the closest thing he had to a shrine. Silvanus, will you come again? Has Auril driven you from this land? Do not abandon your children. There was no reply, and he turned away.

Balance. The world is out of balance. He hopped to the top of the fence and leveled his spear across his body, ran lightly along a few lengths of rough-cut wood, leapt from fencepost to fencepost, landed, spun, and threw his spear. It flew true, smashed through a cap of ice, and stuck quivering in a fencepost some sixty feet away. He danced along the top of the fence and retrieved it, then returned to the trail.

He'd learned inner balance, but what good was it in a world gone awry? Silvanus was the only god he'd ever favored, but even the gods lacked balance; they fought among themselves like small children. Auril clearly cared nothing for the world's balance. What could a mortal do against a god?

His studies offered few answers. Clerics and warlocks fought for one god among many, for good or ill. Wizards, he thought, were beholden to Mystra, a goddess who died as often as she lived. Sorcerers, he'd been told, didn't even understand the source of their powers. Ki, he thought, ki is the only magic that a mortal can make without losing balance.

Reaching his hut, he looked up and shook his spear at the darkening sky. I will grow great in ki, Auril. And then we will see if a mortal can oppose a god.

Last edited by Corwin; Jan 17th, 2021 at 05:30 PM. Reason: added writing sample
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 01:00 AM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 126
Woland Woland
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Irekahn, daughter of Herumer
Race: Human Variant
Alignment: Chaotic Good
Class: Sorceress
Background: Outlander
Personality trait 1: I don’t trust authority figures. Power corrupts-it is only a matter of time.
Personality trait 2: I must learn to hide my kindness behind an icy demeanor, lest I be taken advantage of again.
Ideal: Individuality. One's path towards finding meaning is their own, and belongs to none other. The hand that writes man’s fate is his own.
Bond: I suffer awful visions of a coming disaster and will do anything to prevent it.
Flaw: I am as naļve as I am cynical. I deem myself wise in understanding the ways in which the world works. In truth, there is much that I must learn yet.

Description: Irekahn is a young girl of sixteen winters; in many ways she looks simple and unassuming, although her looks clearly signify her as one of the Reghedmen. Her eyes are a cold, icy blue and her gaze can be intense, and although she is certainly not one most would call ugly, her appearance is otherwise not particularly noteworthy. She is still a child in many ways, and has a short and lean physique, but she can endure the harsh weather regardless, as all of her kin must to survive.

Personality: Irekahn begins the game as someone angry and disillusioned, but although she is a rebellious teen, she remains in many ways naļve. Regardless, she is at heart a decent person, but the tales told to her about the Ten-Towners and perceived injustices make her coldly dispossessed towards the civilized peoples of Icewind Dale. As a former worshipper of Auril, she is bitter and cynical about the entire affair, and at present her primary concern is that of survival.

If there is one underlying, dominant drive in her life, it is the search for meaning. The cult of Auril has already betrayed her, but she is not one to remain forever cynical and bleak. There is meaning to life-she only needs to find it, even if she does not know her way yet.

Background: Born to barbarians in the Frozenfar, Irekahn was merely another of the nameless Reghedmen that eke out a precarious existence in the bleak North. Her folk were stout and hardy peoples who worshipped Auril alongside Tempos, offering prayers to the cruel goddess to protect them from the harsh winters. Nevertheless, her childhood was a happy one, and she roamed the wilds freely with her kin, and was afforded freedom far greater than any of the ‘civilized’ folk could ever hope to enjoy. There was beauty in the endless tundra, if one had but eyes to see it.

Her powers manifested just as Auril’s Everlasting Rime begun. Many took it for an omen, an indication that the girl was blessed by the dark goddess, and that their tribe would be favored in whatever would follow. But as the winter grew harsher and the cold more bitter, prayers to the goddess gave way to sacrifices, and eventually even tribesfolk were offered to appease her. A few months ago, Irekahn was selected to serve as such sacrifice, for her gift and youth made her an attractive offering in the eyes of many cultists. Her parents, abhorred at last, helped her escape, and she fled to one of the Ten-Towns, were she remains alone, trying her best to survive in this time of great crisis.

(Notes: The actual tribe and the town she has taken refuge in remain unspecified, to be adjusted when the game starts, if Irekahn is selected, as I would not know the most appropriate choices. Her most likely contacts would be fellow Reghed barbarians that serve as traders or go-betweens for their tribes and the Ten Towns, though obviously none of those of her tribe. She might also have some contacts in a local church or two, especially if the priests would be able to help her, as she might be curious about other faiths, but this depends.)

Character themes: The search for meaning, coming of age in difficult times, disillusionment and cynicism, and discovering one’s roots and heritage.

Character-related music samples: Vivaldi: Winter, 1st Movement; Mono: Ashes in the Snow; Glass: Prophesies

Quick question to the GM: I actually have another character idea, and I could potentially post it given sufficient time, but are you limiting applications to one character per applicant? (I think I would like both concepts equally well-the other idea would be a druid from Kuldahar, as in the game series, but not sure if Kuldahar is canonical in Rime).

Last edited by Woland; Jan 14th, 2021 at 05:49 AM. Reason: Added personality traits & other characteristics
Old Jan 4th, 2021, 01:07 AM
Storyjunkie

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 590
DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo DrGonzo
Slag, Hammer of MoradinName: Durslak Deepdelve

Race: Dwarf (Hill)

Profession: Clerical acolyte of Moradin, Ten Towns blacksmith

Alignment: Lawful Neutral

Background: Clan Crafter

Personality Trait:
-I'm full of witty aphorisms and have a proverb for every occasion.
-I'm a snob who looks down on those who can't appreciate fine art.

Ideal: Honoring Moradin is not just about seeking perfection in craft, but seeking peace with the goodfolk of the world.

Bond: Ten Towns gave me a chance to prove my worth when others didn't, and I'll never forget that kindness.

Flaw: - I'll do anything to get my hands on something rare or priceless.
- Other dwarfs make me uncomfortable. I might be meek, mean, reserved or stand-offish if I'm forced to interact with them for too long. The exception is his fellow clerics of Moradin.

Description: Durslak Deepdelve - who goes by "Slag", a corruption of his first name that was given to him as a youth - is 4'9, stout and sturdy like most of the shield dwarfs that hail from Icewind Dale. His hair and beard are the color of cherrywood, with flecks of red and orange sprinkled throughout. He keeps his hair bushy and long - better for insulation in the cold of the North - and keeps his beard tight and tied in braided tendrils that reach down to just above his waist. As with most dwarven clerics, he keeps a simple rotation of shirts and pants - mostly whites and grays and blues on top and blacks and browns and greens on bottom - and prefers woolen longjohns for undergarments, for obvious reasons. His only especially flashy pieces of clothing are a cobalt blue jacket with white trim - which could be worn like a cloak over the pauldrons of his bulky armor - and a wide-brimmed, similarly colored hat, which people around Ten Towns affectionately call "the snow catcher."
right-aligned image

Personality: Though he would never admit it, Slag is a craftsman first and a cleric second - his art inspires his worship, not the other way around. Thankfully for him, Moradin has not taken offense to that - yet. He is his happiest when he's at work, and he considers any night where he can spend a few hours talking shop with the other smiths around Ten Towns a good one.

Of course, none of them can hold a candle to his work - at least in his mind. Slag left the dwarfs to live among the predominately human population of Ten Towns, and by nature of his heritage, considers himself the best steel-beater of them all. It's not just arrogance, of course. At least he doesn't see it that way. His creations carry not only his maker's mark, but that of Moradin, the dwarven god of pride, strength and goodness. Though not yet a full fledged Friar of the Forge, the cleric is an acolyte of those who bear the anvil and hammer of his god. Even though he'd rather be swinging a hammer, he has slowly grown accustom to plucking the strings of the Weave to wield the magical powers granted by his faith.

History: Slag tells lots of stories. This is not one of them. Slag says he went to Ten Towns as a missionary for Moradin. What better way to spread the goodwill and inspired glory of Moradin than by a whole town of humans and other non-dwarfs carrying around tools and weapons bearing his mark? That's a fine tale, and there's some truth to it, no doubt. But in reality, the dwarf left because he was a joke. You see, Slag isn't a term of endearment; it's the refuse, the runoff, the extra bits left over after metal working. It's only good for its abrasive applications. His skills as a smith didn't blossom until he was well into his 80's, and by then his reputation for imperfection was already well established.

By the time he'd hit his first century, Slag's work was on par with other master-level craftsmen of his age. Yet he struggled to find work as an apprentice, as his maker's mark had become associated with the reputation of his youth. With opportunities within the clan limited, he begrudgingly joined the temple, as they offered guaranteed work. Plus, he could produce weapons and armor and tools all under the maker's mark of Moradin.

Eventually the dwarfs in his clan came to respect his role within the temple and even - to a degree - his craftsmanship. But it was too late - after a century of disdain, Slag took the first opportunity he could to leave the Valley. That's how he wound up in Ten Towns for the last decade, and why he still goes by Slag to this day; every utterance of his name makes him strive that much harder in the pursuit of his craft.

Who Slag Knows: Slag would be familiar with the head of his temple to Moradin, as well as the leadership and many members of Clan Delvedeep. In Ten Towns, he would almost certainly know any of the other local smiths and toolmakers, as well as have at least a passing familiarity with regular caravan drivers moving goods into and out of Ten Towns. Tavern regulars and bartenders would know him to see him, as would ship's quartermains, scrimshaw carvers, miners and just about anyone else looking for high quality steel goods. Slag has also been allowing a pair of Ten Towns urchin children - Byron and Bianca - stay in his smithy during the coldest nights of winter in exchange for them helping him sweep up and clean the floors. He's even started to teach them both how to work the anvil.

Last edited by DrGonzo; Jan 4th, 2021 at 06:08 AM.