Notices

Old 03-01-2017, 01:06 PM
Anime boxer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4170
Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara Tojara
36 point buy? gulp

Now for the real questions! What are your plans for posting rate and deadlines? Also, can we get some more information on religion for the setting? Alhough Severin sounds appealing, some other god probably will fit my current plans better.
Old 03-01-2017, 03:58 PM
Superior Sorcerer Supreme

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3914
Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal Tyeal
Certainly sounds like a fun expansive world to poke around in. Count me interested!

Name: Anya Thalyn
Race: Half-Elf
Class Structure:
ClassBABFRWSpecialFeats
Inquisitor1+0202Domain, Judgement 1/day, Monster Lore, Orisons, Stern GazeExotic Weapon Prof (Falcata), Power Attack
Inquisitor2+1303Cunning Initiative, Detect Alignment (at-will), Track 
Inquisitor3+2313Solo Tactics, Teamwork Feat (Precise Strike)Judgement Surge
Inquisitor4+3414Judgement 2/day 
Inquisitor5+3414Bane, Discern LinesStep Up
Inquisitor6+4525Teamwork Feat (Outflank) 
Inquisitor7+5525Jdugement 3/dayWeapon Focus (Falcata)

Last edited by Tyeal; 03-04-2017 at 12:45 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:08 PM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24680
Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath
I will be updating the Q&A Post as questions roll in. Trying to keep them all in a central location rather than disseminated throughout the thread.

Leadership?
This long controversial feat I think will be a complication that will be more of a hindrance than a boon. If you want to have a cohort to run a business for you or do some crafting while you are away or keep your place in a guild that would be fine. I’m anticipating a large group so I am having trouble reconciling with an additional player run NPC who will no doubt want to engage in combat and whatnot.

EAAA
Does EAA cover all arcane including spontaneous casting?
  • Yes. However, there are some spontaneous casters who skip the college for various reasons, largely financial. This puts them on somewhat of a casual wanted list, or at the very least a watch list with the gnomes.

Is there a fraternity or guild for EAAA Graduates?
  • Yes. You may choose to continue to contribute to the Latian Magical Institute after graduation. Doing so will afford you certain benefits including access to libraries and other sundries associated with the Latian Wizards.
  • Monthly tithes range from 1gp to whatever someone cares to contribute. Benefits scale with contributions. (Specific benefits are to be determined, but mainly they are varying degrees of access to facilities and spells and items.)
  • There is a Masters Program to go through in order to gain access to the Fraternity. It is a 1k gp buy in (to gain access 4th lvl spells) with a 10gp/month; 100gp/year tithe.
  • Definitely not a lifelong membership. One can be extricated, excommunicated, immolated, inebriated, or straight up kicked out on their face and stripped of all rank, title, and access to facilities.
  • Mainly the various advantages based on access to goods and services are the benefits of being a member; access to spells, magic items, libraries (which offer skill bonuses for example, and the opportunity to research), and possibly even an extension of the privileges of the Latian Wizard Order.

Common Races?
Races of Ibinel

Posting Rate
  • I understand that life happens. I pretty much let my players post unrestricted though I prefer at least once a week. I try to get a game update in at least once a week, but sometimes I get busy or some folks don’t post. I am not bashful about posting without a player who got busy, but I try to be accommodating. However, I know my limits and 1/week for me is about what I can commit to. Generally that tends to be enough to accommodate a big group.

Deadlines
  • The game ad will run as long as it has to.

Last edited by Gath; 03-04-2017 at 12:26 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:40 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 452
Roofio Roofio Roofio Roofio Roofio
Fair enough on the Leadership part. It is tempting to take a cohort as an apprentice who works a shop for me, crafting various firearm related items and alchemical tools to sell for the business. How would you work out the profits/losses each month, upkeep costs etc etc? Would I need to purchase the store front or is it a part of whatever home I somehow already have? I'm willing to deal with detailed business stuff if you are.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:06 PM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
Updated Q&A

Business and Cost of Living How would you work out the profits/losses each month, upkeep costs etc etc? Would I need to purchase the store front or is it a part of whatever home I somehow already have? I'm willing to deal with detailed business stuff if you are.
  • You will need to either pay a monthly fee for living expenditures unless you want to buy a house or apartment. I will be borrowing heavily from the Ptolus “Cost of Living” outline.
    • Apartment: 1-4 rooms costs 5sp-5gp/month
    • House: Small-Large costs 30gp-50gp/month
    • House in Ethea: 1-3 room costs 3k-5k
  • Lifestyle/Cost of Living Upkeep/Month:
    • Subsistence 2gp
    • Meager 3-5gp
    • Poor 6-10gp
    • Average 11-20gp
    • Good 21-50gp
    • High 51-100gp
    • Luxurious 101+gp
  • There are rules for crafting that can influence and guide any explorations in business. I am okay with getting into that but I don’t know that I want to focus on the minutia of running a business. Hoping to do some adventuring at some point.

Last edited by Gath; 03-04-2017 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 06:31 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 452
Roofio Roofio Roofio Roofio Roofio
Right on. Wouldn't want to take focus away from adventuring, though it is also nice to play a character with a real stake in the world besides just being a wandering murder hobo. Updated the background and recent history on my app, let me know if I need to write more or change something. I'm thinking his business will be run from his family home in Amaea, since his father was an alchemist it would make sense that there would be the basics for a shop...or that his father had already been running a shop there before he died.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:19 PM
Anime boxer

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Tojara; 03-01-2017 at 08:02 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 07:27 PM
A Cynical Instrumentalist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2873
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion
Ooo, probably interested after some games seem to have died off ;;

Probably a ninja? Probably a halfling? I like city games and rogues and Ninjas are always super fun c:
ApplicationName: Aewin Loftwill
Race: Halfling

Last edited by KKristophDavion; 03-06-2017 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:41 PM
Dinoczar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22074
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
Put me down as interested, good sir! I need to let some ideas develop, but I should have something solid over the next few days.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
Good to see you Rolz.

Updated the Table and Q&A. Check up top of the Q&A post, there is a bit in there about initiative rules for the game. This will impact initiative feats and traits. I am enjoying this Q&A post, it is pretty amazing to have all the questions and answers in one location. For a guy with a bad memory, this is quite a boon.

Do me a favor and give me a heads up when you feel like you're done with your application. A link wouldn't hurt. This will help me keep things updated and organized without having to constantly comb the thread and it will be a great way to spark a dialogue about your character. We both win!

Last edited by Gath; 03-04-2017 at 12:29 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1880
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
@Gath, is there any hints to what we may be facing in this campaign ? e.g. cult/ occult hunting, vigilantism, trying to return the power back too the people and the government instead of the underbelly etc.. I'm just debating what character to play as.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:11 PM
Anime boxer

Tools
User Statistics

Last edited by Tojara; 03-01-2017 at 11:23 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 10:06 PM
Let the Wookie Win

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 956
chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m
sounds cool - i have a concept in mind and will post asap!
Old 03-01-2017, 10:19 PM
A Cynical Instrumentalist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2873
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion
Hey, I'm totally fine with some base land speed over +2 initiative that can be utterly useless sometimes
Also frees me up from having to take Improved Initiative and guarantees flat-footed sneak attacks the first round...
Old 03-01-2017, 10:57 PM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
There are still DM surprise rounds. But yeah, it is way easier to deal with than rolling for initiative.

Jasontheswift and Tojara, I shall get to you after pottery class.