twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-01-2017, 10:25 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
I must admit this is a rather unorthodox advertisement.
My interest is in creating an ELF WITCH with high intelligence and knowledge skills. I imagine the EAA would have labeled her "Strange or maybe Dangerous"
Similar to a Sorcerer she has innate power (from her patron) but has spent years learning to control it through study and discipline.
I would like some feedback to see if this kind of character even fits in your world before moving forward..
Old 03-01-2017, 11:16 PM
Just an addicted gamer

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5017
Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur Xildur
Could I apply with Eldritch Godling class or Warlord?

And do divine magic also being taught at EAAA?

Last edited by Xildur; 03-01-2017 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1826
Jkaen Jkaen Jkaen Jkaen Jkaen Jkaen Jkaen Jkaen Jkaen Jkaen Jkaen
Going to have to withdraw interest, I don't think the posting rate would work for me.
Old 03-02-2017, 01:53 AM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24969
Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath
Updated Q&A.
Jasontheswift
@Gath, is there any hints to what we may be facing in this campaign ? e.g. cult/ occult hunting, vigilantism, trying to return the power back too the people and the government instead of the underbelly etc.. I'm just debating what character to play as.
  • I’ve been dropping hints left and right my friend. This world is rich, diverse, full of intrigue from local politics to global politics, dragons, pirates, undead – there’s an entire continent overrun with undead and the demons they work with, if you want to pick a fight there is an island of cannibals, there’s a floating island of xenophobic gnomes who basically control everything about magic and they have complete autonomy in this regard… There’s even politics between the gods. I’ve named two different factions among the people, a splinter organization, a government that is probably corrupt but no real way to fix it. I mean, what are you looking for? In addition to that you have all that city life has to offer.

JohnStone
My interest is in creating an ELF WITCH with high intelligence and knowledge skills. I imagine the EAA would have labeled her "Strange or maybe Dangerous"
Similar to a Sorcerer she has innate power (from her patron) but has spent years learning to control it through study and discipline.
I would like some feedback to see if this kind of character even fits in your world before moving forward..

• Elf Witch is doable. She is welcome at the Ethean Academy of Arcane Arts. There is a place for such a character at the table. You may proceed.

Xildur
Could I apply with Eldritch Godling class or Warlord?

And do divine magic also being taught at EAAA?

• That's a no to Eldritch Godling. I am okay with Warlord or other Path of War classes.
  • Divine Magic is not taught at EAAA. It is either imparted by a deity or learned through some ritualistic means that can be illuminated by a temple and priests.

Jkaen - Not sure what your expectations are. I base my posting rate on realism and like a river it fluctuates in size and frequency based on factors of life. I'm in many games and sometimes it takes me a week to cycle through them. Or I may have to wait on other players to post, then that affects my creative process as I have to assimilate their contribution into my update. After eleven years of posting daily I have settled into a realization that once a week is a comfortable expectation for a DM update, especially if the game is big like five or more people.

Sorry to see you go though. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by Gath; 03-04-2017 at 11:31 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 02:52 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 452
Roofio Roofio Roofio Roofio Roofio
Updated my app. Decided to scrap Leadership for now, but do like the idea of having a goal to eventually settle down with a business or home. Will see how the game turns out should I be chosen to play. Also scrapped Improved Initiative, deciding an extra 5 feet isn't particularly important at the moment. You can consider my app complete unless there is something you need me to add or change.
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthre...16#post7422516
Old 03-02-2017, 03:11 AM
Sippin' Sweet Poison

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 243
Chaosfiend01 Chaosfiend01 Chaosfiend01
Expressing my interest in playing out a sorcerer possibly. Have a character idea for a Sorcerer of the Oni Bloodline, (maybe with some mild alterations based on the backstory). Is that bloodline too exotic for this, (presumable Western Fantasy style) setting?
Evil overlord rule #26:No matter how attractive certain members of the rebellion are, there is probably someone just as attractive who is not desperate to kill me. Therefore, I will think twice before ordering a prisoner sent to my bedchamber.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:10 AM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
Updated Q&A and Table

Chaosfiend01Expressing my interest in playing out a sorcerer possibly. Have a character idea for a Sorcerer of the Oni Bloodline, (maybe with some mild alterations based on the backstory). Is that bloodline too exotic for this, (presumable Western Fantasy style) setting?
  • That is a weird bloodline, but we've got some weird to match that so I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with.

Last edited by Gath; 03-04-2017 at 11:32 AM.
Old 03-02-2017, 04:31 AM
Adult Dragon Jedi

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1880
Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift Jasontheswift
@Gath, thanks for the answer, basically I was trying to see if there was a specific hook or if we are making our own adventure in this vast setting. That's cool though and I've decided when I want to play as, you should see an app being made soon.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:33 PM
Dinoczar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22074
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
So, I've got me an idea: Human Swashbuckler (Inspired Blade) 1 / Investigator (Empiricist) 6. Proper application is incoming, but this seems like the sort of game where a fantasy take on a private detective would fit in well.

For background purposes, let me ask this: would the UTC hire a freelance investigator? Or do they handle that sort of thing in-house, as it were?
Old 03-02-2017, 05:38 PM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
You would do well as a freelance investigator dedicated to routing out Underground activity.

If you want to get into more detail maybe send me a PM?

Old 03-02-2017, 07:31 PM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
We are currently working on revamping the racial demographic. I will let you know when that info comes available to the public. Probably in the next couple of days. It will be some interesting stuff, but there will be limitations. For example, I think someone asked for a Kitsune, and we won't be having races like that available as PCs. Not to say that they don't exist at all in this world, just not in any capacity that would make them accessible to the general population.

Old 03-02-2017, 07:40 PM
A Cynical Instrumentalist

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2873
KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion KKristophDavion
Hey @Gath, I think Aewin is done enough for consideration. There are some ideas I can't figure out how to get into proper writing right now that I might shoot at you later, but the basics and most of the details are in now.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:04 PM
Let the Wookie Win

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 956
chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m chri2m
Application

Character OverviewName: Rylano Parr
Race: Human
Class: with remnant of arcane bloodline (bloodrager)Magus
Image:

Last edited by chri2m; 03-14-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 03-02-2017, 08:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11972
OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness OneDarkness
Gath for those preaccepted could you still list their character details so that we don't was efforts in duplication, also did you have party size in mind?
Old 03-02-2017, 09:13 PM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
OneDarkness
Gath for those preaccepted could you still list their character details so that we don't was efforts in duplication, also did you have party size in mind?

- ATH and FoggyKnight are working on their builds presently. I will list info as it comes, but you shouldn't concern yourself with that.

- Party size - I generally go big at the start of a game. There are always a few who drop away. By the end of the game I tend to be left with one or two players even after adding a few along the way. At least five, up to eight or more.