twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 03-03-2017, 09:30 PM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25660
Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath Gath
This game started out as 3.5. Last Book we switched to Pathfinder. Interestingly the rules of Pathfinder didn't really come up all that much. I do apologize for taking the time to address all these issues, but it is interesting considering them just the same.

Last edited by Gath; 03-03-2017 at 09:32 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:30 PM
Sippin' Sweet Poison

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 243
Chaosfiend01 Chaosfiend01 Chaosfiend01
Well bollocks. *crumples up idea sheet and starts anew, wracking brain for idea* Not making it easy on me Gath, hamstringing my favorite stuff like summoning and shape-shifting, and now the sorcerer type I like to play. XD
Evil overlord rule #26:No matter how attractive certain members of the rebellion are, there is probably someone just as attractive who is not desperate to kill me. Therefore, I will think twice before ordering a prisoner sent to my bedchamber.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:46 PM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, summoning and shifting.

Unless you are on top of your paperwork, shifting can be very problematic. I find that few people are actually on top of their paperwork enough to have stat sheets ready to go at the time that they are shifting. Were someone able to commit to premade sheets for their most common forms I would consider it. And I have considered it. I have had a druid in each Book. The first one was a non-shifting, non summoning druid. In 3.5 they reward those sacrifices well. In the second book Admin TeufelHeunden had such tedious documentation that there was no mystery at all what was going on.

Summoning can be a logistical nightmare, especially in large groups. 5-10 people plus monsters then throw in a few summons as well? I don't mean to seem lazy but it's a hassle I prefer not to deal with.

As to Sorcerer Bloodlines, I chose the ones that are relevant to the setting. Due to planar cosmology, availability of various monster races, access to demons or devils, dragons... That stuff comes with assumptions that make things weird.

I am sorry that is feels like I am hamstringing you.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:06 PM
Werewolf of London

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14274
GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti GeoAvanti
The amount of detail that you are putting into this is impressive and respectable in equal measures, and I hope this goes along as well as you hope it to!

However, I have to withdraw myself; "common" races and me just don't get along. While I simply adore the amount of racial variance present, particularly in how distinct each elven race is, (and I like the draconic flavor to dwarfs), I just can't look past the fact that they're all still just elves, or gnomes, or halflings. But hey, you got lots of interest from great players, so I expect good things from this! I'll try to keep an eye on it when it gets started.
Old 03-03-2017, 11:15 PM
Sippin' Sweet Poison

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gath View Post
Yeah, summoning and shifting.

Unless you are on top of your paperwork, shifting can be very problematic. I find that few people are actually on top of their paperwork enough to have stat sheets ready to go at the time that they are shifting. Were someone able to commit to premade sheets for their most common forms I would consider it. And I have considered it. I have had a druid in each Book. The first one was a non-shifting, non summoning druid. In 3.5 they reward those sacrifices well. In the second book Admin TeufelHeunden had such tedious documentation that there was no mystery at all what was going on.

Summoning can be a logistical nightmare, especially in large groups. 5-10 people plus monsters then throw in a few summons as well? I don't mean to seem lazy but it's a hassle I prefer not to deal with.

As to Sorcerer Bloodlines, I chose the ones that are relevant to the setting. Due to planar cosmology, availability of various monster races, access to demons or devils, dragons... That stuff comes with assumptions that make things weird.

I am sorry that is feels like I am hamstringing you.
Bah, as much as I b***h and complain, that just means it will be all the more satisfying when I drag myself by my arms across the finish line.
Evil overlord rule #26:No matter how attractive certain members of the rebellion are, there is probably someone just as attractive who is not desperate to kill me. Therefore, I will think twice before ordering a prisoner sent to my bedchamber.
Old 03-04-2017, 02:17 AM
Sippin' Sweet Poison

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, I have another idea brewing in my mind, but it brings another question up. For the Human race in your world, are humans ONLY located on this continent, or is there any chance of 'foreigner' humans from other lands coming to Bel-ingran? If so, what example 'foreigners' are there, and what sort of flavor might they be drawn from, if any?
Old 03-04-2017, 04:09 AM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
Map of Ibinel

Races of Ibinel
- Added Goblins and Kobolds

Setting Info - Freshly rewritten.

Religion of Ibinel - Newly Minted

Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by Gath; 03-04-2017 at 04:41 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 05:55 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8730
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Old 03-04-2017, 10:36 AM
Dogs like to read too

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 34865
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
changes to races noted. Overhaul coming for cael.
Old 03-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
Winter DwarvesYour race table mentioned winter dwarves, but I didn't see a write-up for them. Are those just the basic pathfinder dwarves?
  • Winter dwarves are considered a non playable race at this point. Their isolation on the antimagic poles and islands make it very difficult for them to get off their respective homelands.

Went back through the thread and inserted the answers that I posted in the Q&A. Makes more sense now.

Players
If you are so inclined, I would be interested in an *optional* paragraph or two talking about yourself as a player. Please secret this if you are uncomfortable sharing it with the public.
  • I'm Gath. I studied art and ended up with a master's degree. I work as an artist now. Mostly I am a painter, but I also use soft pastels, graphite, occasionally paint pens, and I do pottery. I also paint minis. I have been gaming and doing play by post for eleven years. I enjoy dealing with morality issues and high fantasy.

Last edited by Gath; 03-04-2017 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:48 AM
Dogs like to read too

Tools
User Statistics
FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight FoggyKnight
I see Sun Elves have a lack of healing from "any source" when not in sunlight. Does that mean that it literally is indoors, at night, anything that's not in a daylight spell or in direct sunlight? No healing from wands, potions, clerics?

Do Sun elves have places, safe houses perhaps, with perma-Daylight spells on, in case of night attacks?

Can they use healing items like a ring of fast healing and expect it to work? Don't expect to see one, but trying to figure out.

Last edited by FoggyKnight; 03-04-2017 at 11:49 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:03 PM
Another Gath Original

Tools
User Statistics
FoggyKnight - Sun ElvesI see Sun Elves have a lack of healing from "any source" when not in sunlight. Does that mean that it literally is indoors, at night, anything that's not in a daylight spell or in direct sunlight? No healing from wands, potions, clerics?

Do Sun elves have places, safe houses perhaps, with perma-Daylight spells on, in case of night attacks?

Can they use healing items like a ring of fast healing and expect it to work? Don't expect to see one, but trying to figure out.

• Fast healing is a very powerful feature. It is balanced by removing the option for healing half the day. Light from a daylight spell would suffice, despite it not being actual sunlight, but it would only work if cast from a cleric with the Sun domain. There may be elven saunas available as healing houses with sunlight spells burning at night. You would surely have to pay for such amenities.

To reiterate, they are unable to heal when not in sunlight/daylight. Magic, items, natural healing - it's all the same and doesn't work at night or indoors, unless there are windows with sufficient light or, as you proposed, a daylight spell cast from the Sun domain.

Old 03-04-2017, 12:12 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6244
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
Posting interest! I'm fairly certain I have purposely avoided anything on the prohibited list as far as magic/psionic and spell/power effects. It is mostly complete! I still need to work on her backstory and incorporate her religious beliefs into that work. I hope to be finished in a day or two. Please alert me to any inconsitencies you may come across.

Thanks for your time! Rick

Character Concept
Name: Marisan the Seer

Race: Human
Class Structure: Psion - Seer

Last edited by ricktur63; 03-04-2017 at 04:08 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:38 PM
Dogs like to read too

Tools
User Statistics
Ah, I may have also forgotten what Fast Healing was for several minutes there. Or hours. All I could picture was a bunch of LOTR elves sunning themselves on rooftops. I agree now that Fast Healing is a) really useful in a combat outdoors and b) going to cause all the sun elves to really protect their enclaves at night.

For anyone that cares about what I'm doing for a character, I'm flipping to a Kobold Hatchling

For simplicity's sake, going to stay going on the Arcane Archer path.

Last edited by FoggyKnight; 03-04-2017 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 01:38 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8730
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
FoggyKnight:

Last edited by Insacrum; 03-04-2017 at 01:38 PM.