RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-01-2017, 10:22 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2770
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
@Agrudez,

Very interested and I am going to be working on a Cleric today. I know that you said UA sub-classes are permissible. I have watched a Forge Domain Cleric operate in a face to face game in which I am participating. It is a powerful domain. I a going to submit the Cleric as a Forge Domain, but will understand if you want to ban that particular Domain.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3527
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulielmos View Post
So someone has finally created SAO for 5e and now my fault is this Ag can people from the first Fast Paced apply here?
Sure, but if your post rate dips in the other game I'm going to kill both your characters. :P (/s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriarVaos View Post
5) When do we start? How many players are you taking?
We will be starting soon-ish - maybe as soon as Monday. And I'll refrain from answering the last question because I haven't decided. To achieve a 'MMO' feel I need a large swath of people, but I might want to keep it capped to a handful of groups at first to get the ball rolling before opening it up more. Also pertaining to a start time, since you're all just a loose collection of adventurers with no set parties/goals/etc., I can start now with whatever number we end up with and it can keep growing and evolving.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
Sometimes it can be hard to have a sense of relative positions without visual aids in pure dungeon crawls.
Good news! There will be visual aids for the dungeon crawl. I'm playing around with some random dungeon map generators to get each floor started, but it'll be static after that. So that when parties return to town with new information about what was in room 17 in the NW corner they can choose to share it or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by purplerook View Post
but will understand if you want to ban that particular Domain.
All UA sub-classes are available. I'm excited to see just how OP this one must be if it requires a disclaimer!

Last edited by Agrudez; 06-01-2017 at 10:48 AM.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:39 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrudez
All UA sub-classes are available. I'm excited to see just how OP this one must be if it requires a disclaimer!
I am interested to see How the Forge Domain does as well. Some of the OP was due to the player being a min/maxer and talking a new DM into a few things that I personally, would not have allowed. For example, the party found a 2000 pound Adamantine Weapon (thanks to Storm Kings Thunder) and were allowed to break off pieces, which we then could 'convert' - during a short rest - into 100 gp parts of a plate armor set.

I like to push the edges, and prefer a DM who will ensure that my pushing does not unbalance the overall Game.

Last edited by purplerook; 06-01-2017 at 12:49 PM. Reason: typo on Storm Kings Thunder.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Quote:
I like to push the edges, and prefer a DM who will ensure that my pushing does not unbalance the overall Game.
As a player I'm a self described min/maxer, too, so I get where youre coming from. As a DM, I try hard to adhere to realism (as much as one can in a world filled with magic) and push challenge. As such, a min/max PC may find themselves unbalanced compared to their peers, but not compared to the game world. Maybe that manifests in a lvl 5 grouping with lvl 7s instead of other lvl 5s down the line?

Last edited by Agrudez; 06-01-2017 at 12:19 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 12:46 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 488
Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori Azure Nokori
https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=69523

- Human Variant Life Cleric. "Hey? You going exploring? Sounds like trouble. Think you might need some healing!" (let me know if you need more details etc. I just wanted to get my sheet in before bed)

-What about this game concept appeals to you? - Fast paced with lots of combat and good ol' looting!

-Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you? Not really. It's good to try/belong to many types of games

-Any questions you might have? Do you want a really fleshed out backstory and character description?

-Experience with 5e. - Been playing for over a year. online, offline. Part of 5 or 6 PBP but excited for something that might be a little quicker.

-Expected post rate. - could do three times a day, but I live in Japan (Native English speaker) so my timing may be off. But it hasn't been a problem with any other game so far.
Old 06-01-2017, 01:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Nokori View Post
-Any questions you might have? Do you want a really fleshed out backstory and character description?
Only as much as you want to do. A vast majority of the roleplaying in this game will be between PCs. I'm basically just a facilitator that fights for the monsters and tells you what you find throughout the dungeon. If you want to increase your RP potential with other PCs, then by all means draw up an in depth background to draw from - completely up to you.
Old 06-01-2017, 02:34 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Tom, Human Cleric of Goibhniu (Forge Domain)

Thomas "Tom" Smithson Cleric of Goibhniu, God of Smiths and Healers (Forge Domain)
left-aligned image
Thomas Smithson
Race/Class/Domain: Human Cleric of Goibhniu (Forge Domain)
Role: Tank/Healer
Background Archetype: (Custom) Military Armorer/Healer
Trait: Full of inspiring and cautionary tales from my military experience relevant to almost every combat situation.
Ideal: Use my skills to make the world a safer place.
Bond: Those who fight beside me are those worth dying for.
Flaw: Think every problem can be solved with a bigger hammer or weapon.
Background:

What about this game concept appeals to you?
Fast pace of posting, ability to work with multiple teams.

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
Concerned about the drama (beyond role playing) involved in PvP actions.

Any questions you might have?
How are you going to handle Downtime? Any opportunities for Downtime activities such as crafting items? I suggest reviewing Alcyone's Downtime activities in the West Marches. Also, how are you going to handle different timescales for individuals - e.g., is there a single game time clock that advances and everyone is at that same time...and yes, my character has some opportunities to exploit downtime activities.

Experience with 5e
Currently in one real life and two other PbP games. Have a lot of the background books and UA materials and have been studying them.

Expected post rate.
Daily.

Last edited by purplerook; 06-01-2017 at 02:40 PM. Reason: tweaked a few typos in the Background
Old 06-01-2017, 02:35 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
Cover
left-aligned image
Sinaris
Race: High-Elf
Class: Rogue (Arcane Trickster)
Alignment: Choatic Neutral
Background: Criminal (Guild-Thief)
Role: Scout, Archer

Character TraitsPersonality Trait: I always have a plan for what to do when things go wrong.
Personality Trait: I am always calm, no matter what the situation. I never raise my voice or let my emotions control me.
Ideal: The world is there for the taking, if you know where to look.
Bond: There's only one person I truly trust...Myself
Flaw: When faced with a choice between money and my friends, I usually choose the money.

Q&AWhat about this game concept appeals to you?
Dungeon Diving, and the MMO feel.

Not really, the lack of Roleplay potential could be either good or bad.

Two Actually:
Can I start with my thieves tools?
When I eventually multiclass Ranger is the "Revised Ranger" an option?

Experience with 5e?
Currently in two PBP games and usually have nothing better to do than theorycraft all night long.

Expected post rate?
Daily, sometimes more...(every-other weekend I have my kids...I usually dont post then feel free to bot)

Last edited by JohnStone; 06-01-2017 at 02:54 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 03:43 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
How are you going to handle Downtime? Any opportunities for Downtime activities such as crafting items? I suggest reviewing Alcyone's Downtime activities in the West Marches. Also, how are you going to handle different timescales for individuals - e.g., is there a single game time clock that advances and everyone is at that same time...and yes, my character has some opportunities to exploit downtime activities.
There won't be a single game clock because I don't want fast posters to have to be held up by slower posters outside their group (within combat they'll still be beholden to the post rates of their own group-mates, of course). This does open the potential, obviously, for the faster posters to 1) Level faster and 2) Accumulate wealth/loot faster - which I think should be looked at as a feature rather than a bug, myself.

As for downtime, the "hub" is a full scale town. There will be a bar where you can roleplay with other PCs and find some entertainment (gambling your hard earned dungeon earnings with various NPCs, challenging other PCs to duels, etc.). There will be a marketplace where you can buy AND sell (to and from both other PCs and NPCs) items. There will be various residential areas and the like where you can wander around to try and find "quests" (ie. 'my father was killed by kobolds - bring me 10 ears!') or wait until nightfall to break into homes and steal. And that is the start - I'm open to other suggestions as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStone View Post
Two Actually:
Can I start with my thieves tools?
When I eventually multiclass Ranger is the "Revised Ranger" an option?
Thieves' tools are 25 GP per PHB - you're welcome to purchase them. And yes to the revised ranger - all UA sub-classes are fair game.

Last edited by Agrudez; 06-01-2017 at 03:44 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 04:02 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrudez
...I'm open to other suggestions as well.
As a Cleric of Goibhniu (Smiths and Healers), I suggest Armory/Training Ground, Blacksmith's forge and possibly a Clinic/Hospital for those who need more than field healing.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:21 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agrudez View Post
Thieves' tools are 25 GP per PHB - you're welcome to purchase them. And yes to the revised ranger - all UA sub-classes are fair game.
Guess i'll be heading into my first dungeon without a bow...just knives this time.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
@purplerook: that gave me some good ideas on implementing tradeskills and friendly pvp in town. More on that as it develops.

As a heads up everyone, I am working on getting the base of the game set up now (ie. The areas of the town, the first levels of the dungeons, etc.). I am still aiming for a Monday in-earnest start time, but should be sending out PMs tomorrow some time with a link to the game so that you can spend the weekend getting grounded and roleplaying amongst yourselves.

Last edited by Agrudez; 06-01-2017 at 07:22 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 07:35 PM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
About town...
Most of the Background features don't apply for a game like this, could they be tweaked maybe to get discounts at the right places? ie an acolyte gets a discount at the church (healing potions, holy water) just a thought (use it if you wish).

Personally I really want to be a guild thief. The Criminal background should give me some kind of contact or something.

Last edited by JohnStone; 06-01-2017 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-01-2017, 08:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 806
Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded
How do you feel about the Spell-less Ranger and Favored Soul Sorcerer? Do you count those as Unearthed Arcana?
Old 06-01-2017, 09:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadonsuded View Post
How do you feel about the Spell-less Ranger and Favored Soul Sorcerer? Do you count those as Unearthed Arcana?
Yep!