RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-01-2017, 09:35 PM
Dovie'andi se tovya sagai

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 103
FriarVaos FriarVaos
I was completely cool with the 50gp starting gear but a wizard's spellbook is 50gp. Any wiggle room for wizards?
Old 06-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 24
Oxbox
-Race, class, background, etc.
Human Variant, Paladin, Sailor
-A link to your completed character sheet.
Character Sheet
-What about this game concept appeals to you?
ACTION. The MMO feel. and I love dungeon delving.
-Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
Similar to Online MMO's, the possibility of PvP Griefing is concerning but not a deal breaker.
-Any questions you might have?
What is your favourite class?
-Experience with 5e.
I open the PHB and MM every day... Multiple times a day... I have a problem...
-Expected post rate.
Multiple times a day unless I get wife aggro.
Old 06-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3028
purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook purplerook
I was listening to the Wizards lament about the cost of Spellbook and do not forget the Wizard will need a component pouch or arcane focus . So a couple more additions the town - pawn broker and loanshark.
Old 06-01-2017, 11:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3919
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Quote:
Originally Posted by FriarVaos View Post
I was completely cool with the 50gp starting gear but a wizard's spellbook is 50gp. Any wiggle room for wizards?
Nope, sorry, I guess you have to roll a sorcerer!

I kid, I kid... I didn't consider that. Let's say the spellbook is half-price. That will leave you 15g left over after a spellbook+arcane focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnStone View Post
About town...
Most of the Background features don't apply for a game like this, could they be tweaked maybe to get discounts at the right places? ie an acolyte gets a discount at the church (healing potions, holy water) just a thought (use it if you wish).

Personally I really want to be a guild thief. The Criminal background should give me some kind of contact or something.
I'll give it some thought. Most times a normal game doesn't incorporate backgrounds either, though - they're mostly for the skill choices, imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxbox View Post
What is your favourite class?
Oh, man - don't get me started on a min/max tirade! My favorite class is definitely sorcerer, but not played as a caster (because then they're boring). I've been putzing around with a straight sorcerer melee build (with the original favored soul sub-class in a pbp game and the new stone sorcerer in an in-person game) lately - abusing booming blade and shield (and I even have the mobility feat on the stone sorcerer... and barely ever feel guilty about it!). I think it is most powerful as a MC option, though. Paladin/sorcerer gives you quickened booming blade each with an upcast divine smite for absurd burst damage... swashbuckler rogue/sorcerer combo gives you OA-free booming blades coupled with auto-sneak attacks AND practically makes you a tank with overpowered defensive capabilities like shield, blur, mirror image and uncanny dodge that *all* stack... a UA ranger revised Hunter's Enclave DWer/sorcerer combo gives you 5 attacks per turn with Horde Breaker and quickened booming blade (which is better than 1 attack anyway). Etc.

Last edited by Agrudez; 06-01-2017 at 11:41 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 12:46 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 806
Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded Fadonsuded
Application
Name:Aegolor
Race: Half-Elf
Class: Warlock (Hexblade)
Background: Far Traveler

Q&AWhat about this game concept appeals to you?
Quick, simple, and leans much more towards "game" than most D&D campaigns.

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
I might need to keep an eye on the party rogue's hands.

Any questions you might have?
Is loot randomized? Or can we, to a certain extent, put in requests?
Can I have a horse? It's in my picture.

Experience with 5e?
Three campaigns IRL, just getting into some PBP here.

Expected post rate?
Multiple times a day.

Last edited by Fadonsuded; 06-02-2017 at 12:49 AM.
Old 06-02-2017, 01:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fadonsuded View Post
Is loot randomized? Or can we, to a certain extent, put in requests?
Can I have a horse? It's in my picture.
Loot will be randomized in dungeons, but there will be a wide array of great stuff to purchase and/or craft once you make money. If something drops that noone really wants in your present group, you will have the option of either selling it to other PCs in the bazaar (for whatever they will pay) or to NPCs in the bazaar (for a likely discount).

And yes, you can keep the horse for flavor - there won't be too much utility for him in dungeon crawls.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:50 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1345
Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah
Are the UA feats that have been published viable choices for a variant human? I'm specifically interested in the Spear Master feat from the 6/6/2016 article by Mike Mearls with Jeremy Crawford.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:38 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Lady Zannah View Post
Are the UA feats that have been published viable choices for a variant human? I'm specifically interested in the Spear Master feat from the 6/6/2016 article by Mike Mearls with Jeremy Crawford.
Yes.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:01 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 159
Auld Auld
Replying to express interest - I'd love to join!

CharacterBeren
Half-Orc Barbarian
Character sheet

Background: Pirate (with Bad Reputation)

QuestionsWhat about this game concept appeals to you?
I like the idea of fast paced play, and the combat focus is an opportunity to get more familiar with mechanics.

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
Optimization seems important - I don't have enough experience to always know the optimal action in every combat situation, but I'll pick it up.

None so far.

Experience with 5e
Very little (just my in-progress NPSG here). I had a little experience with 2e and 3.5e ages ago.

Expected post rate
At least once per day, usually more.

Last edited by Auld; 06-02-2017 at 03:54 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 11:15 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Update: I've been blown away by how quickly interest has accumulated. Less than 48 hours after posting this game, there have already been 14 people expressing interest. As such, I have gone ahead and put together the bones of the game here. As you consider joining, you may peruse the content there. At the moment, I am thinking I will take 20 PCs (on a first come first serve basis) until the game gets a firm grounding (after the first few groups shove off on their expeditions) before opening recruitment back up at a later date. So, if you're interested in the concept and you would like to get in on the ground floor, now is the time! Players are already beginning to get their feet wet in the non-dungeon mechanics of the game and it is my hope that the first dungeon expeditions should set off on Monday (June 5th).

Spots remaining in opening wave: 6
Old 06-02-2017, 11:37 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1345
Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah Dark Lady Zannah
Name: Betha Brightwood
Race: Human (Illuskan) Variant
Class: Warlock (Otherworldly Patron: The Hexblade)
Background: Urchin
Character Sheet: Here

What about this game concept appeals to you?
I have plenty of free time during the work day on weekdays and often on weekends also. It sounds fun, rewarding, and challenging. I like the idea our personal goals are very mercurial. Getting stronger, getting richer and gaining notoriety are what I play for anyway.

-Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
I'm used to more story driven campaigns, but it sounds like you want us to avoid spending any time role playing in order to reduce the time it takes us to hurry up and roll the dice so we can post faster. You even said if an orc isn't getting its head chopped off, you don't care.

None right now. You replied and answered my earlier question already.

-Experience with 5e.
I started DMing my first 5e campaign here on RPG Crossing back in August of last year with a friend of mine from the opposite coast. We have an active futuristic campaign with a Star Trek sort of vibe and an active modern campaign that may be somewhat reminiscent of Supernatural. Both of those are solo games. We also have a full campaign called Liberty and Justice for All, which is public. It is set in 1437 DR Cormyr using the Forgotten Realms setting. My friend brought two of his friends in to join us in the game. Unfortunately they are completely new to PBP and ungodly slow posters. He and I started a parallel campaign because we wanted to post faster that is set in the same geographic area and timeframe with the potential for overlapping non-player characters and events. That game started out as a solo game, but we are picking up a new player from a 5e discussion group on Facebook. As soon as we wrap up the current action in progress, we will relocate that game to a new thread inside Liberty and Justice for All. I am also running one or more player characters in each campaign.

-Expected post rate.
Daily plus. Depending on the time of the day, I spend most of it with little else going on other than waiting for my next opportunity to post. That is during the work day Monday through Friday. I log off around 6pm Eastern for a few hours to prepare dinner and spend time with my family. I'm usually back online between 8pm to 10pm until I decide it is time for me to go to bed. That is often around 3am. I'm usually back up by noon and repeat. On the weekends I'm available most of the day, unless someone else needs to use the computer for a while. I can't predict exactly when I'll be on then, but I should be available for the majority of the day most of the time even on the weekends. I can promise to post daily, and multiple times per day depending on what time of day it is when my turn comes back around. While I'm not able to be at the computer 24/7, I do not expect at all that I would be the one holding up progress on the campaign advancement. I'm looking for a 5e campaign where I'll have the opportunity to post quite frequently, so hopefully I'll be able to type fast enough to suit you.
Old 06-02-2017, 02:51 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1704
Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel Foibel
Replying to also express interest.

Character Concept
Foibel
Halfling Rogue
Character sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=69557

Background: Urban bounty Hunter

Questions
I'm in one game now that is moving fairly slow and I'm looking for something that has a faster pace.

I don't have a ton of experience min-maxing but I'll look into it, was planning to go with an assassin type rogue build.

Nope.

Experience with 5e
A good amount starting with the playtest, not so much in this type of online environment.

Expected post rate
Definitely once a day, if not more.

Last edited by Foibel; 06-02-2017 at 09:34 PM.
Old 06-02-2017, 08:55 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 532
ClarkieP ClarkieP ClarkieP ClarkieP ClarkieP ClarkieP
Kallian
left-aligned image

Half Elf Fighter

Character Sheet

Background: Criminal
Class: Fighter
Role: Tank/Smashy Smash

The fast pace, and large number of people/MMO feel to it sounds really interesting to take part in.

Nothing that springs to mind

Experience with 5e
Watched a lot of youtube using it, and playing in a couple of games on the site using it (finished newbie game)

Expected post rate.
Several times a day/ just about every day, I check way too much as it is haha.

Last edited by ClarkieP; 06-02-2017 at 09:24 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:12 AM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 916
mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch
Hiiii! I'm another one of Ag's players saying he DMs well, haha~

...and I'm tempted to app in this one too /cries

I shall swear no oaths, but I will be here, and if I cannot, I shall tell you.
Old 06-03-2017, 12:12 AM
Bahamut's Finest

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 467
Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia Chaoticinsignia
I may be late to the party, but I might as well post.

Name: Bezinaar, of Clan Gillestrakha
Race: Dragonborn (Bronze Ancestry)
Class: Sorcerer (Draconic Bloodline)
Background: Hermit

Character Sheet

What about the concept appeals to you? Fighting is my favorite part of D&D. I like testing out numbers and combinations more than trying to peacefully negotiate with a band of brigands.

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't appeal to you? I'm not entirely sold on randomly encountering fights where the only answer is to run, but I'll get over it.

Any questions you might have? Nope.

Experience with 5e: Played it a few times, watched it a few times, listened to like 4 different podcasts about it, DM'd it once or twice. I'll probably know most concepts about the game but might stumble on specifics in a few areas.

Expected post rate: Going to try for a strong twice per day, although the times for those posts may be wildly inconsistent.