RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 06-03-2017, 01:02 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6237
ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123 ShinobiMaster123
Interest..
left-aligned image

Name: Joan D'Arc
-Human Cleric
- Acolyte background
- Traits: Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude
I have spent so much time in the temple that I have little practical experience dealing with people in the outside world.

- Ideal: I seek to prove myself worthy of my god's favor by matching my actions against his or her teachings.
- Bond: Everything I do is for the common people.
- Flaw: I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them.
-What about this game concept appeals to you?
The concept appeals to the old school gamer in me. Just give me a dungeon and a lot of stuff to kill and I am a happy camper. Puzzle solving and Political intrigue are not my bag.

-Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
I had reservations on the 50 gp limit at 1st level, but I still was able to equip my character well.

-Any questions you might have?
The forming of teams. This seems that it may be cumbersome with many players..

-Experience with 5e.
I have played a few games here on RPG Crossing. They have all been 1st level games and usually fall apart before the character reaches 3rd level. I am hoping for some longevity.

-Expected post rate. I can post every day or every other day..

Last edited by ShinobiMaster123; 06-03-2017 at 03:17 AM.
Old 06-03-2017, 11:46 AM
All The Avatars!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 766
Emmanem Emmanem Emmanem Emmanem Emmanem Emmanem Emmanem
Let's see if I can get in under the wire on this one.
Zula Saffran
left-aligned image

Name: Zula Saffran
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Fighter
Background: Charlatan

Character Sheet

History:

What about this game concept appeals to you: Fast pace, I'm new to the site so it seems like a good opportunity to get my feet wet.
Is there anything about the game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you: I wonder if it wouldn't be a bit chaotic but, like I said, new to PBP so I can't really be a good judge.
Any questions you might have: Couple things. 1. Any combat house rules? Flanking, elevation, etc. 2. Do we need to worry about basic adventuring equipment? rations, etc? 3. When you say find a spot on your sheet for EXP and Currency, do you just want a line in the notes?
Experience with 5e: I have been playing two tabletop campaigns for over a year, one of which just finished. I also DM a once monthly tabletop game. 5e is old hat, the pbp part is new.
Expected post rate: At least once a day, more if the pace of the thread allows it.

Last edited by Emmanem; 06-03-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-03-2017, 02:21 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3361
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmanem View Post
Any questions you might have: Couple things. 1. Any combat house rules? Flanking, elevation, etc. 2. Do we need to worry about basic adventuring equipment? rations, etc? 3. When you say find a spot on your sheet for EXP and Currency, do you just want a line in the notes?
Combat rule variants: No, straight PHB for rules - no DMG additions

Rations, et al.: No, non-magical ammo will be assumed to be limitless as well

Exp/currency: I just mean that I would like a running tally on your sheet for each that "shows your work" - ie. how much you acquired/spent and when. This alleviates concerns of numbers getting fudged.

UPDATE: We are now at 20 PCs for the game, so instant-acceptance is now closed for the time being. If the game concept interests you, feel free to post interest here and follow along here as much as you like. I anticipate opening recruitment up again at a later date (perhaps soon), but wanted to get the first 20 some expeditions under their belt before widening the game.

Last edited by Agrudez; 06-03-2017 at 02:23 PM.
Old 06-08-2017, 04:01 AM
New Blood

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 50
Doomedsinner
Character Page
Name: Montyr
Race: Human
Alignment: Lawful Evil
Class: Wizard (Intended School: Necromancy)
Level: 1
Background: Noble

Personality Trait:

Ideals:

Bonds:

Flaws:

Backstory:

Q&A
One of the problems I find is the fact most d&d games seem to be Weekly or Bi-Weekly. I understand the necessity, but where is the fun in that?

-Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
I'm a fan of a good story/theme so that's a slight let down, though don't get me wrong. Sandboxes are fine, but if it's a sandbox 5e doesn't do a good job to accommodate it. Thus the only good sandbox is one to level up a character, or one that allows Homebrew elements.

To what extent are homebrew elements allowed? I ask because I took a 3.5e trait that fit my characters background and converted it to 5e.

-Experience with 5e.
3 mock fights, character built from scratch, otherwise fresh out of the grave.

-Expected post rate.
Depends on how fast the DM replies once started, rather flexible time table at the moment. So it could be anywhere from 1+ to 50+ depending on the rate of replies between 2pm and 2am CST.

Last edited by Doomedsinner; 06-08-2017 at 04:20 AM.
Old 06-14-2017, 12:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez Agrudez
UPDATE:
The game is going strong with over 1600 posts in the forum in 12 days. There are currently 4 groups out in the dungeon - some already on their 2nd expedition - with most at or very near to lvl 2 - and games in general are progressing 3-4 rounds of combat per day with enthusiasm on both sides of the PC/DM equation.

As such, I'm prepared to re-open recruiting for 5 more applicants.
Old 06-15-2017, 12:10 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 707
Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod Jrod
Name: Grizzak "Grizz" Clashhorn
Race: Mountain Dwarf
Class: Fighter
Background: Outlander

-A link to your completed character sheet
http://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=69857

Fast paced and action packed. Something I can sink my teeth into

nothing at this point

What kind of duration to you expect from this particular campaign style?

-Experience with 5e
Not very much at all. Mostly applications and character builds so far
-Expected post rate.
I can commit to multiple times per day.
Old 06-16-2017, 06:17 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 148
BadMoon Bob BadMoon Bob
Name: Aeolus Ishmael Gouldskull, The mad general
Race: Dwarf
Class: Barbarian
Background: Soldier

A link to your completed character sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=69875

The Warhammer Quest vibe. I loved the game and played it to death as a kid. Ive also started running a game IRL, and could use some experience with encounters and dungeons etc, so Ill be keeping an eye out to see what works in terms of the difficulty of challenges etc..

Not really, no.

-Experience with 5e.
Ive played it a bunch, started DM'ing now and it seems to be going well.

-Expected post rate.
1/day
Old 06-18-2017, 12:29 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 884
Mizhi Mizhi Mizhi Mizhi Mizhi Mizhi Mizhi
ZiselleRace: Tiefling
Class: Sorcerer (UA: Favored Soul)
Background: Guild Artisan
Character Sheet (link to Google Doc gold tally at the end of the sheet)

Q&AWhat about this game concept appeals to you? The fast pace.
Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?
Any questions you might have?
Experience with 5e. Played for a few months IRL. DMed a single-shot once. Playing in a few pbp currently.
Expected post rate. Daily to multiple times a day/night. (JST)

Last edited by Mizhi; 06-18-2017 at 12:30 AM.
Old 06-18-2017, 03:44 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 300
MaxFury86 MaxFury86 MaxFury86 MaxFury86
Race: Hill Dwarf
Class: Cleric
Background: Acolyte

Character Sheet

What about this game concept appeals to you?

- I like the Diablo 2 like feeling of the game (Trying to keep going deeper into the dungeon while getting more and more powerful)
- Having the power to decide how far our team wants to go.
- No main plot to worry about.

Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you?

- Not that I can think of right now.

- How is death handled in this game? Do you get to revive or do you need to create a new character? Any penalties?

Experience with 5e.

- I am in Endless Arenas, so there's that. Beside that, I think I might have done one or two games on this site a while ago that were 5e.. None of them got too far. I do have 8+ years of experience in 3.5e though.

Expected post rate.

- At least 1 a day. If the pace is indeed really fast. I can do more.

Last edited by MaxFury86; 06-18-2017 at 04:12 AM.
Old 06-19-2017, 12:44 AM
Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 684
MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy MrMaffy
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Monk
Background: Sailor

http://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=69959

What about this game concept appeals to you?

I am always waiting for the next post of the current PBP I am in. Once I get into something I like to see it to the end unless it ends me first.

Not that I can think of

Most of them have been answered in previous posts

Experience with 5e.

I am playing IRL at the moment and have a couple of PBP going. Have only been playing for a year but have read a lot of material.

Expected post rate.

I will post as much as I can depending on the post rate of my teammates. I am concerned that my timezone would be a factor when I have my busy days at work and on weekends. At least twice a day.
Old 06-19-2017, 11:25 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Update:
We're back at 20 again and humming along so applications are closed once more. Please continue to feel free to post interest as that will get you a first slot when they re-open again. Thanks!
Old 07-04-2017, 01:08 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Recruitment is back up - looking for 2 new PCs to join the game. We currently have 19 active members and the game is averaging over 150 posts per day. This is a very unique experience - and if you enjoy combat and want a fast paced game then I invite you to join us.
Old 07-07-2017, 10:10 AM
Watcher of the Myst

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 916
mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch mystwatch
Name: Namfoodle "Fiddlyfingers" Garrick
Race: Rock Gnome
Class: Fighter (aiming for Arcane Archer/Crossbowman)
Background: Enchanter (modified Sage; Investigation instead of History, Woodcarver's tools instead of a language)

The chance of dying, I guess, but I'm sufficiently intrigued to try, and I've seen you handle things XP Also that there's probably no chance of backstory dredging, but then again, this isn't that kind of game.

None that I can think of. I've already asked if you'd allow crossbows and bolts to work with the UA Arcane Archer's abilities.

Experience with 5e.
Playing in your campaign at the moment, in a Roll20 group, and some more. While I've only started last year, I think I have the hang of it?

Expected post rate.
I'll try at least once a day.

I shall swear no oaths, but I will be here, and if I cannot, I shall tell you.
Old 07-09-2017, 11:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Update: The gate just celebrated its 5000th post this weekend after only being operational for a little over a month (we've also had our first mini-boss taken down, our first successful large scale PvP arena battle completed and a slew of other interesting things going on of late). We have a tremendous community of 20 adventurers humming along nicely, but we want to expand beyond even that. As such, I sought and found a Co-DM so that we can start running even more dungeons - and, thus, recruiting is once again fully open!

This really is a unique experience - and the more the merrier!

Last edited by Agrudez; 07-09-2017 at 11:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2017, 08:58 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 691
Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow Xbow
Zandro Aekas
In this thread, when declaring interest, please provide the following:
Race Elf
class Ranger
background Hunter
A link to your completed character sheet
What about this game concept appeals to you? from the explanation received I believe this is exactly what dnd was meant for. A MMORPG pre Computer with infinite flexibility is still a concept ahead of its time.
Is there anything about this game concept that doesn't necessarily appeal to you? Nothing that I noticed thus far
Any questions you might have? When can I start!
Experience with 5e. 0, I have been playing dnd 3.5 for over 12 years, I just havent dabbled into 5th
Expected post rate I can do up to 100 times a day if needed.
added bonusDescription:

Last edited by Xbow; 07-11-2017 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Tweaking.