RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 10-03-2018, 09:36 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7726
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
I will offer reviews of applications but probably not until the tail end of next week.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:54 AM
Super-Hero

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1055
JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone JohnStone
left-aligned image
Talia 'Thaven
Race: Wood-Elf
Class: Priestess of Evelyn (Life Cleric)
Alignment: Neutral Good
Background: Far Traveler?

Trait: I honor my goddess through practices that are foreign to this land.
Trait: Far from home and nervous. I am reserved, cautious and respectful.
Ideal: I trust that my deity will guide my actions, I have faith that if I work hard, things will go well.
Bond: So long as I have this token from my homeland, I can face any adversity in this strange land.
Flaw: I am convinced of the superiority of my own culture over that of this foreign land.

A work in progress obviously.
the concept is an elf who witnessed the priestesses first hand 200 years ago and devoted her life to Evelyn.
She would be inherently good and innocent, but I imagine as an elf it would be hard to convince others of that.

id like to see how the kingdom reacts to an elf girl as she tries to prove her good nature.
Old 10-07-2018, 06:46 PM
Do Not Feed The Panda

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1553
Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda
Planning a character, will try and get it posted tomorrow...
Old 10-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6247
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
A wise person once told me, "Always apply to a tomplum game."

I got a chance to jump into this one a couple of months ago, and it's an excellent game. There are a few different groups operating, and I'm really interested in whether they'll interact someday, and how.

In other words, bump.
Old 10-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Some reviews

Old 10-09-2018, 01:05 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2565
Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat Jat
Old 10-09-2018, 01:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Old 10-09-2018, 02:13 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
Would you allow the 5e Ebberon Favored Soul Archetype?

Last edited by Jat; 10-09-2018 at 02:37 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 02:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@ Jat - Here's what I found on that archetype. If my understanding that at first and sixth level you're taking the cleric domain abilities instead of sorcerer abilities, I don't have a problem with it. Its like a cleric with meta magic.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:16 PM
Not in the face

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomplum View Post
@ Jat - Here's what I found on that archetype. If my understanding that at first and sixth level you're taking the cleric domain abilities instead of sorcerer abilities, I don't have a problem with it. Its like a cleric with meta magic.
I was worried about lossing the arcane side of the spells, but now looking back all she would cast anyways is necro cantrips, inflict wounds, bane, command. Only hesitation is limited fired magic.

Backstory added, consider me completed. (If no objections)

Last edited by Jat; 10-09-2018 at 03:18 PM.
Old 10-09-2018, 03:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2336
Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands Vislands
Thanks for the review!

Old 10-10-2018, 10:55 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 808
SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy SomeGuy
Okay so I rewrote Grenzo's backstory and added the RP sample
Old 10-13-2018, 11:46 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Last week for application submission if anyone else wants to throw their hat in the ring.
Old 10-14-2018, 01:27 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1638
Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099 Strange2099
HI tomplum,

I cannot resist! Probably too late for me to get a decent application review, but I'm really interested to know if this concept can work. Still WIP, but I suppose I have to start, somewhere....

Basic InfoName: Sasori
Char Sheet: https://www.rpgcrossing.com/profiler/view.php?id=77472
Race: Human (Variant)
Class: Druid
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Background: Outlander (Tribal Nomad)

Character Concept / BackgroundSasori belongs to a tribe of desert druids. Life in the desert is hard, and the tribe has fallen on hard times. Himself with a wife and a young son, he must leave them behind with the elders of his tribe as one of the young, able-bodied men sent off to find work to feed the families of the tribe.

Sasori's focus as he progresses in Druid capabilities will be the Wild Shape ability, specializing exclusively in Scorpions ('giant' scorpions) and pursuing the Circle of the Moon path to maximize his effectiveness with this chosen combat technique.

Appearance
While traveling or among those he does not trust, Sasori wears the typical hooded robes of his tribe, which are colored desert yellow and serve to protect him from the elements - both the biting sand and the blistering sun. The special hooded attire includes a cloth face-mask which is essential for life in the desert as protection against sand-laden winds.
When pressed to fight, he will often remove the outer robes and operate with just the combat vest & mask, which he wears underneath the cloth robes and head coverings. The vest and mask are also of desert yellow, in accordance with the color of his tribe, and are made of sturdy leather that serves as the armor to protect him against physical attacks. The inner hood is also a stiff leather, but black and more firmly fitting than the robed version.
Although he caries a staff for travelling and defense, when pressed to fight he prefers his tribe's weapon of choice for offense: the Scimitar. Combined with his use of druidic desert magic, Sasori often employs a focus on fire for the defense of his self and tribe. Sasori also caries a special druidic focus: The dried tail of a scorpion, strung around his neck on a band of leather. This totem is a symbol of the druids of his tribe of their totem protector, the Giant Scorpion, which those skilled in the druidcraft are able to borrow the form for enhanced defense of the tribe.
Physically, he has a tawny complexion and muscular build, which is hidden beneath his traveling robes but noticeable when stripped to his fighting vest. Standing at 6-feet and 4 inches tall, he weighs 220 lbs and strikes an imposing figure.

Personality Overview: Above all, Sasori cares about his family and his tribe. Eking out an existence in the desert is grueling, and not for the weak. Although he operates under the strict honor code of his druidic tribe, their priority is the protection of the tribe first, knowing that the desert is the true master and does not truly need a 'protector', but that all beings must respect the desert and its ways. Those that do not, need not be in the desert (they may leave of their own volition, or forcibly - it matters not to the desert-dwelling sons of Osiris).
Personality Trait: I place no stock in wealthy or well-mannered folk. Money and manners won't save you from a desert sandstorm.
Ideal: Honor: If I dishonor myself, I dishonor my whole tribe (Lawful).
Bond: My family & tribe are the most important things in my life, even when they are far from me.
Flaw: I remember every insult I've received and nurse a resentment toward anyone who's ever wronged me. Doesn't let go of a grudge until the grievance has been repaid.

More History / Writing Sample[WIP!]

Last edited by Strange2099; 10-15-2018 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Added to the Appearance description (weapons & the special article of possession - druidic focus/totem)
Old 10-14-2018, 03:09 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 575
PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab PeasOfCrab
Oh yeah, I'll be posting interest just so it doesn't close early.

Gonna go with some fey-aligned bardic subversive. Viva la Revolucion!

I'll get it up in pieces during this week.

Drake
left-aligned image
Name: Drake
Race: Human
Class: Bard
Alignment: Chaotic Neutral - Strength is earned, by blood, guile, allure, and effort. Through strength, the world comes closer to how it ought to be. In chaos, this strength is well and truly earned by one's talents. In order, that strength is ensnared and perverted. These are Drake's beliefs and any mean is suitable for these ends. Behind this worldview, however, is the key to Drake's heroic potential: a strong concern for the poor, weak, and troubled, which he is certain shall be better served when those at the top are brought low.

Last edited by PeasOfCrab; 10-20-2018 at 12:06 AM.