RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-15-2018, 04:05 AM
Chaotic Good Red Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5238
Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01 Arthilian01
I like that, The Paladin is all about the order and is part of a long family line of soldiers and the Fighter is a not so religious type in a long line of Paladins and priests, polar opposites, That should make for a good party dynamic.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:56 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2075
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
Name: Ashra "Ash" bower
Chosen Plot Hook: Ranger
Background: Folk Hero(I stood alone during an orc raid on my village)
Trait: If someone is in trouble, Iím always ready to lend help.
Bond: I worked the land, I love the land, and I will protect the land.
Ideal: Thereís no good in pretending to be something Iím not. (Neutral)
Flaw: The Orcish tribes will stop at nothing to see me killed, and in return i will slaughter them all.

Appearance: Describe a couple items your character always has with them.
Personality: Try to combine and reword your background traits into one paragraph that describes your character.
Backstory: How did you get to where you are? Does not have to directly tie into your plot hook. Can be more general than that.
RP Sample: Create an interaction with your character and an NPC. Please include at least one line of dialogue from your character.
Bonus RP: Provide an introspective monologue from your character's perspective about the plot hook. What is going through their mind during all of this. If you would like additional information to help with this, feel free to ask for it.
Old 01-15-2018, 08:49 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 590
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
ApplicationName: Araceli Naeva Hazesun
Chosen Plot Hook: Wizard
Background: Sage
Trait: I always want to know how things work and what makes people tick.
I'm always picking things up, absently fiddling with them, and sometimes accidentally breaking them.
Bond:I work to preserve my university.
Ideal: Aspiration. I'm determined to make something of myself.
Flaws: I am easily distracted by the promise of information.

Background: Araceli's father is a successful merchant in the capital, something he is quiet proud of. Her parents were always busy and since she was an only child she spend her time exploring the city on her own or with some children from the neighborhood. In their minds the streets became haunted forests or a desert oasis and they went on countless adventures to uncover ancient secrets. Of course the carnival that came to the city from time to time was always something incredible special. The little girl would spend whole days wandering from tent to tent in awe of the wonders the travelers brought with them. The illusionists were the most faszinating to her since they seemed to let animals and flowers appear out of thin air. Her biggest dream was to gain this power one day and bring all the things she imagened into existence.

Years past and while all her friends grew up Araceli would always keep this childish spark which isolated her more and more from her companions. Once her father learned of the vivid imagination of his daughter her got very angrey with her for being so childish. He told her that the steet artists she admired barely show pictures, that none of what they do is real and that she needed to get her head out of the clouds. With only one conversation he crushed the world of the young girl and she spent the following weeks in her room and burrowing herself in books. She read lots stories about strange and wonderful places that were far more exciting than the grey city she called her home and experienced all the things she now knew she would never experience in real life.

One rainy day while going through the books of one of the local book stores the pale girl found a book about the arcane that contained information about real magic and the different planes of existance among other things. She spent most of her savings to purchase the little tome which soon became her greatest treasure as it opened a completley new world to her. She devoured the book, read it over and over again until she knew it by heart and practiced the little tricks described in this book eagerly. This was the key for bringing to life her imagination or maybe even visit the exotic places she read about. Of course her magical experiments didn't go by her parents unnoticed. Her father was furious because his daughter wasted her time with this useless tricks instead of learning the family's craft so she could take over the business one day. Her mother on the other hand realized that her little girl had no interest in becoming a merchant. Worried that her daughter's self- study of the arcane would put her in danger someday she used her contacts to reach out to Master Kamex, the only wizard who lived in the city.

When Araceli was 15 years old her mother took her to the wizard's tower without her father knowing to ask for advice. The old mage recognized the great potential of the girl so he decided to take her as his personal assistance and student. Since then the young girl has moved to live in the tower to have more time to focus on her studies as well as get out of the way of her father who called her an embarressment to the family and ignored her ever since that day She studies very hard so she could prove herself to her father and make him proud again.

Appearence: Araceli is with just 4'9'' pretty short for her age. Her short redish-brown hair often falls over her brown eyes so she trys to hold it back with a bow most of the time. The young woman loves wearing colorful robes and while she doesn't wear a lot of jewellery she always has the necklace her parents gave her when she was very small around her neck. A small owl named Twiggles follows her around wherever she goes.

Personality: Araceli is a very friendly and open person who loves learning new things. Always out to find something new she is extremly curious and easily gets exiceted about new findings. Some would call her naive but even though she acknowlages that there are bad things in the world she is alwasy focused on the positive and trys to make the best out of a situation. The young woman is a bookworm who is very studios with a very vivid imagination and wants to use her skills to make people see the world as she sees it, full of wonders. Her biggest dream is to travel the world and someday maybe even visit the feywild, a place she read about in a lot of books in the university's library.

RP:
The morning sun slowly start to creep through the windows of the small library of the old tower and start lighting up the room. The bookshelves cast their shadows on a short human who sits in one of the armchairs sleeping, an open book still on her lap while a small owl is perched on the back and eyes her curiously. One ray of sunlight finally tickels her nose and with a small sneeze the young woman wakes up and rubs her eyes sleepily. "Good morning Twiggels", Araceli mumbels as she streches careful to not make the book slide of her lap. She looks around a little bit disoriented. " I must have fallen asleep again. Well, I should probably not sneak out to read after lights-out again..." Suddenly she jumps up as she realizes how late it must be. "I overslept again!" she curses while hurrying out of the room trying to straighten her red robe and hair.

A little bit out of breath she finally arrives at Master Kamaex's office and she takes a deep breath before gingerly knocking on the door. "Come in" a raspy voice responds and Araceli opens the door just enough to slip inside carefully closing the door behind her. "Good morning Miss Hazesun" the old man wearing a simple dark robe eyes the young woman and his deep blue eyes spot the crumpled dress and bow."I take it you slept well then" he says calmly and his student turns to the side. " Yes thank you... I mean... I'm very sorry Master Kamaex. I won't happen again" the young woman answers contritely while studying her shoes.

The stern expression of the elderly wizard soften when suddenly the unconfortable silence gets interrupted by the sound of a growling stomach. "Well, I have already started the process so you won't be of help for me for another hour. I think you will be able to make good use of this time." he nods toward her with a slight smirk. "And after you come back you will clean up the lab, it seems like it's been a while since it got a proper cleaning" Araceli's face that just lightened up at the thought of breakfast falls ever so slightly. "Of course, Master" she bows a little and with a returning smile and a "Thank you Master" she leaves for the kitchen.

Bonus RP:

Araceli pulls her cloak a bit tighter around herself and as she approaches the temple of Evelyn. This is the fourth time this week Master Kamaex send her to get another vial of holy water. Lost in thought she scratches Twiggles who sits on her shoulder. "Something is wrong, Twiggles" she whispers to her familar as she reaches the steps leading towards the entrance of the temple. "He has always told me what he's working on but now... he just aviods all of my questions. I see him suffer but he just won't accept any help" She sighs quietly as she knocks on the big wooden doors. "Something is very wrong" she repeats in her mind as the doors open. " And I will find out what it is"

Last edited by cookieyummy; 01-26-2018 at 02:23 PM.
Old 01-16-2018, 12:33 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 902
Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts Landsknechts
i'm trying to stay away from sweets and you just had to turn on the:

"Ooooooo, cookie. I must have a cookie- yum."
Old 01-16-2018, 11:58 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1143
Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12
I'm intrigued by this homebrew and the plot hooks too!

Will be cooking up a ranger, I think, later today and tomorrow. Cheers!
Old 01-17-2018, 12:33 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
RedWolf0214 RedWolf0214 RedWolf0214
Posting for interest. I'm going out of my comfort zone and looking at a wizard, so I'll get my app up in a day or so
Taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 01-17-2018, 12:46 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5785
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
Looking forward to what everyone puts together!
Old 01-17-2018, 02:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1143
Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12 Smokefire12
Jubai, the Half-Elf Ranger

Name: Jubai
Chosen plot hook: Ranger
Background: Outlander
Trait:I want understanding and harmony between all, even if I lack that understanding myself.
Bond: To ensure mutual survival, Rhyfel must band together, regardless of race or allegiance
Flaw: Violence means the battle’s already been lost.

Appearance: Jubai dons a cloak of plain, homespun wool dyed as green as a fresh shoot of grass and as brown as the sturdiest maple. Always with his Great Horned Owl, Gryff, the young half-elf wears a variety of gear to suit his tracking and scouting through the great woods of the North. With a brown, drooping mustache and a thick brown beard framing his oft-smiling face, Jubai seems very much a human. Upon further inspection, however, or perhaps a cast to the ranger’s emerald eyes, his true half-elven heritage is revealed.

Personality: Jubai, the half-elven ranger has the skills of a scout and a hunter, but the heart and soul of a diplomat. Always with a twinkle in his deep, green eyes, and an almost fey sense of curiosity, Jubai picks his way through life brashly but with the consideration and regard of a trained woodsman. Through his upbringing and his work along the border with the Areth Taesi, Jubai learned the value and appreciation of his dual heritage as a half-elf and was encouraged to embrace elven values by his adoptive father, Delwin Dacus, who, though human, understood the innate connection of the elves to Nature. Reflecting those lessons and experiences, Jubai strikes others as young but also deeply interested in learning about others. Influenced by a childhood spent among the more wild varieties of fauna, the ranger’s aptitude for harmony and symbiosis holds a great sway over his actions. But just like the denizens of the great woods and the Areth Taesi themselves, when angered or his kin endangered, Jubai brings passion and justice in equal, efficient measure regardless of the pain it causes him.

Backstory:

RP Sample:

Bonus RP:

Last edited by Smokefire12; 01-29-2018 at 09:36 AM. Reason: Edited per review
Old 01-19-2018, 02:04 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 412
mandaanne mandaanne mandaanne mandaanne mandaanne
My app is now complete - at least as much as can be done on my own.

@ tomplum - would love to discuss and tweak if you have suggestions
Old 01-19-2018, 07:20 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum tomplum
I'm planning on giving feedback on all completed apps at the end of January.
Old 01-19-2018, 09:05 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 412
mandaanne mandaanne mandaanne mandaanne mandaanne
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomplum View Post
I'm planning on giving feedback on all completed apps at the end of January.
Perfect. Thanks!
Old 01-20-2018, 11:03 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 221
RedWolf0214 RedWolf0214 RedWolf0214
For the human characters, can we use variant human?
Taken the Oath of Sangus
Old 01-21-2018, 09:20 AM
Great Wyrm
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
@ RedWolf0214 - absolutely
Old 01-21-2018, 05:27 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2075
Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus Rylus
as sad as it is for me, because this sounds like it going to be a great game, i have to withdraw my app. I've lost my creative inspiration for the character. Good luck to everyone else
Old 01-22-2018, 04:54 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 269
Kaiya Kaiya Kaiya
A question just belatedly occurred to me: Will the Paladin and Priestess already know one another? I have no idea how much (if any) the Paladins mingle with their charges.