Notices

Old 08-01-2018, 10:38 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 653
Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn Martyn
My original application.

If the party does not need a cleric, let me know, I'll come up with another idea.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:18 AM
Court Jester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8437
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
Posting interest. Will begin work on a proper application now.

App completed. I hope you will consider it for one of the open positions.

Lorna - Druid
right-aligned image
Name:
Lorna Duneward
Race: Ghostwise Halfling
Class: Land Druid

Last edited by saratek187; 08-02-2018 at 08:08 AM.
Old 10-30-2018, 03:10 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 514
figtickler figtickler figtickler figtickler figtickler figtickler
Applications are open once more!

Due to some drops, we are down to three players. We are looking for three new characters for the campaign. Read through the current game thread here to get a sense of where the players are at. New characters will be brought in as a separate group, joining the current party. I'll work with new characters to integrate their stories with the current setting.

Characters are level 3. Per the original post, I'm allowing all official Wizards rulebooks.

We're looking to round out the team. The current team is low INT/CHA.
Old 10-31-2018, 06:31 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 205
Dorack Dorack Dorack
Placeholder for future application. Seems like an interesting seting, will think something that fill the INT/CHA gap.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:46 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2174
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I'm interested in playing a 5th ed. D&D game. Will read up on your setting and decide what to make.
Oh, and the other reason I'm interested is because Saratek is in your group . Having fun playing with saratek in a Hyperlaines game.

DMing(1): An Untimely Encounter|

Last edited by Silk; 10-31-2018 at 07:46 PM.
Old 10-31-2018, 10:11 PM
Auribus Teneo Lupum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 381
Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli Zwingli
Here's my application!

Application (WIP)
Name: Isil Fenring
Race: Human, Variant
Class: Warlock (Hexblade)
right-aligned image

Appearance: Tall and lithe, Isil would be the picture of an average youth. His only differentiating feature would be his ash-blond hair and gray eyes; somewhat of a rarity in the desert. He stands just a few inches short of six feet, and walks with a bit of a hunch that many would mistake to be a mark of frailty. One would expect to see Isil smiling his mischievous grin and sharing a jape or two with another, but there is a hauntedness in his eyes would make quite the jarring contrast.

Personality: Isil is the opposite of his brother Shadur in both musculature and manner. While Shadur was loud and exuberant, Isil was soft-spoken and introspective. Where the elder's temper was quick to kindle, the younger remained calm and level-headed. Shadur was worldly-wise, but Isil spent more time indulging in old tomes or music. Though discipline was a way of life for both of them, Isil tended more towards unorthodox approaches to a problem and make shortcuts if he can.

While not quite as loud as his brother, Isil's easy smile and calm demeanor can tend to draw even the most peculiar personalities to him. He normally would not speak unless spoken to, but people would find themselves conversing deeply with him, sharing most intimate details of their lives that they never would imagine they'd share to another soul. At times this would be a welcome distraction for the warlock, as he would read a person like he was reading a book. But over time, this has led him to develop a sort of empathy for others that he would not have expected to feel for anyone other than Shadur.

Last edited by Zwingli; 11-01-2018 at 06:20 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:29 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
Well Figtickler, I like the story

The desert theme got me thinking about another desert game I played on here eleven years ago. She was a bard and acted as a traveling messenger/mail-women for all the distant settlements as part of her background. Think I will do that with this character and say she has contacts with the Moonrise people(not affiliated really, just does their odd jobs now and then). Might make her a ranger instead, and turn her into a him. Anyway, I'll have to wait until I get home and get access to the 5th edition book. The SRD is crap for someone still learning the game. Once I decide on a class I'll get a background up.

Old 11-01-2018, 01:49 AM
Court Jester

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8437
saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187 saratek187
@Silk: If you are going to run a Ranger, might I suggest looking at and asking approval for the UA Revised Ranger? It's markedly better than the Original Ranger, which is known as basically the worst class in 5e as is. A quick Google Search will net you the downloadable PDF. Truthfully most things you can find with a well phrased Google search.
Old 11-01-2018, 02:09 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
ya, my google searches turn up more political add's lately then what i'm after But I'll give it a shot.

Edit: Found it. But at work so can't see the difference between what's in the book and the UA version.

Last edited by Silk; 11-01-2018 at 02:18 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 06:10 AM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
Alright, I have made my decision and.........."Figtickler" I humbly ask if you would allow me to use the "Unearthed Arcana Revised Ranger" for my character application! Bows humbly and awaits your decision.

Okay, now that I got the bowing and scraping out of the way......I just wanted to say, I don't mind using the Core Rulebook ranger for my Hunter Ranger. Other then a few changes, that one is the most like the one in the book

I'll get a background up tomorrow.

Last edited by Silk; 11-01-2018 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-01-2018, 12:57 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 514
figtickler figtickler figtickler figtickler figtickler figtickler
Unearted Arcana Ranger is good to me! (It's the only kind I play ) Bowing not necessary!
Old 11-01-2018, 04:25 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 205
Dorack Dorack Dorack
Ok, here is my application. Hope it suits the setting.

I left a few open XXXX so that it can be filled with in-world info as the DM thinks best for the adventure.

CÓlamnith
right-aligned image

Name: CÓlamnith
Race: High Elf
Class: Wizard (Conjurer)
Background: Outlander

Short Backstory and Personality

CÓlamnith is an orphan and exile form the war/conflict with (XXX). After being forced into service of a conjurer, she managed to be accepted as apprentice. During her studies, she tried to conjure an air elemental by herself. The creature went wild and attacked her, scarring her for life. The conjurer saved her, but the damage was done.

She is a sullen elf with a burning desire for revenge from those that harmed her. She in not evil, but she is not kind, nor gentle, or anything like that. While she abhors those who take advantage of the weak, she will not hesitate to pull thru whatever may come to achieve her goals.

For the DM: I've left the antagonist, the person or faction responsible for the destruction of her home open, to determine something that fits your world. If needed, I will make it up and elaborate on them, perhaps a raiding warlord of the desert.

Apologies for any typos or mistakes, English is second language.

Last edited by Dorack; 11-01-2018 at 05:28 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 05:03 PM
Anointed

Tools
User Statistics
Gand Darr
right-aligned image

Name: Gand Darr
Race: Human
Class: Ranger (Hunter Conclave)

Personality:
Gand is one of those people who find joy in life, no matter how hard it may be. Living the life of a 'wanderer of the sands' has taught him to have confidence in himself and his abilities. While he may wear a hood and scarf over his face in the desert, he does not hide what he is, a good-hearted person(or so he thinks) who likes to see the good in others, even if they don't see it themselves. He will even admit he loves his Ale and Meed a little too much, though he leaves the carousing for the towns and not out in the wilds of the desert where a little inattention could be deadly. But even when drunk Gand is a happy person and needs to become everyone's friend. Some closer friends than others.

Description:
Gand's hair is black as night and it fall's to his neck in uneven strands. He does his own trimming, and it shows, though he believes it gives him a roguish look. In a certain light, it might even be true. He has an athletic build and stands at 5' 11" tall. He has eyes that are a bright blue, and his skin is bronzed from all the time spent in the desert sun. He constantly has his hood and scarf up when traveling. However, whenever he reaches towns, he is glad to pull them down and mingle with the townsfolk. He wears Scale Mail over his commoner clothes and carries several weapons with him. On his back is a longbow and quiver, and at his waist is his ever-useful handaxe. Gand's primary weapon is a spear that he also finds uses as one side of a clothes line or something to help prop up a tarp for some shade. You might be able to tell that Gand likes melee weapons that can also be used at range.

Background:
It was a quiet night on the dunes with only the gently moaning sound of the wind to keep a person company and the occasional massive skeletal carcass poking out of the sands, as if to say "hi." Well, it was quite until someone started singing a raunchy tavern song quite poorly, much to his camel's distress. The song was about a drunken fool, a tavern wench, and an overturned bar stool. And as Tavern songs go, it was only a little bit imaginative. Gand didn't care that his off-key singing, disturbed his rides sensibilities. The old nag complained about everything, and the song chased away that dreadful moaning wind. They were traveling through part of the deep desert that seemed to have a dreadfully mournful soul. Gand had ridden through such spots before, so he knew the only way not to go mad in such places were to banish the foul spirits of the lad with equally foul songs. As he sang his song of a man trying to woo a maiden of questionable virtue in a very inebriated state, Gand thought back to his first experience of such place's. His village of Tisal specialized in making dye's and paint's, and he was on a trip to the central city of Yslip to help sell the village's wares when one of the guards started singing. When he asked why was the guard was singing if he was so bad at it, one of the other guards replied, "To fight the dread of this patch of desert. A person could go mad in such places and the dread moves about the sands never to be content." Gand was not certain if he truly believed there were patches of desert infused with dread that tried to make a man go mad, but he did not want to find out if he was wrong either.

Having broke camp shortly after the coldest part of night, just before encountering the patch of dread that had him singing so badly, Gand continued to use the light of the north star behind him and the beautiful planet of Mono that hung in the sky mostly to the right of him, to guide his way south. The winds changed and the oppressive moaning they made turned to a happier sound, well less mournful at any rate. Still, Gand sang on. As the old saying went, "Better superstitious then dead, and better safe than sorry." But honestly, Gand will quickly tell you he is not that religious or superstitious. But he has seen things out on the sands that made that old saying stay firm in his mind. Even with the less mournful wind, he started feeling melancholy, and his thoughts turned to his one regret in life: Amya, the girl who still holds the key to his heart. No matter how many comely tavern wenches he beds, she is the only one he will ever love. But that bird has flown and Amya is now married and expecting her second child. While he has acted as messenger, wanderer, and adventurer extraordinaire these past six years, he has learned a great many things. And one of them was that love has to be shared.

Gand shook his head and all thoughts of Amya away and looked around the desert. There was a hint of light on the southern edge of Mono, and he knew that meant soon the night would lighten from the reflected light off the planet. And an hour later the sun would grace the surface of Vaun and wipe away the night. He patted the camel's neck in affection, "Look at me Girl, wasting my thoughts on what could have been, instead of what is. You think I should find another girl that might be my guiding star?" He laughed at himself and grinned, "But then I suppose I should have tied my star to that Moonrise girl that tried to recruit me into her organization instead of just sleeping with her." Gand laughed again at the pleasant memory before getting an impressive about of spittle along the left side of his chest and arm. Giving the camel an annoyed look, Gand sighed and wiped the camel saliva off, "As rousing disagreements go, I got to say that was the rudest." Somehow the animal seemed to give the impression of being overbearing and smug at the same time. Suddenly the dark lightened as the false dawn came. Being able to see much more now, Gand edged Girl on. And Girl, that is his name, not his gender, eagerly poured on the speed.

By two hand spans until high noon(10 am), Gand and Girl had made camp on firmer ground by a southbound river called Sovereign and they both got a bath. While most desert travelers travel by night and only sleep during the day when the sun was fully up, Gand found he could make excellent time in his travels if he slept for four hours during the coldest part of the night, and four hours during the hottest part of the day. As he soaked in the cool embrace of the Sovereign, Gand thought about what has brought him here, a third of a day's ride north of Yslip. While he would brag that he had friends in every town and village on Vaun, he really only had a few. And not that long ago he got a message from one of them saying they wanted his help with something and several of his other friends would be there. 'Hmm." He thought, "Would it be the Tiefling twins, Zavine Bellyvia and Sevinc Betuul?" The female Tieflings were not twins, as one was albino and the other black as night. But he never stopped fantasizing about the two of them together. He then wondered out loud, "Maybe CÓlamnith, or Isil Fenring?" CÓlamnith the High Elf was a good wizard but a little too dour for Gand's tastes. And Isil Fenring was a reliable companion and a good Warlock. Gand got out of the river, nude as the day he was born, and walked to where he had his clothes hung, and satisfied himself that they would soon be dry and did not need repairing. Gand had just crawled under the shade he had made of his blanket when a thought hit him, "Oh, dune take it! Please don't let it be Weylin Sinnafain! He's fun to be around, and a great Bard and companion, and probably have as many conquests as me but damnation! The fella always has to try and outdo me at everything!" Sighing, Gand rolled over and pushed the thought, that Weylin succeeded in besting Gand nine times out of ten, out of his mind before getting some sleep.

Role play sample:
"Ahh Yslip! How I've missed your gentle embrace." Gand was happy to be back in this thriving town. This job had him traveling directly here with no stops along the way to relieve his thirst for good drink and his desire for appreciatable women. Leading his ornery camel to a stabler's building, he said to the man in charge, "I'd like to rent a stable and feed for She here. Just a couple of days. If it turns out I'll need to be longer; I'll come by and settle up." When the stable hand asked, "What's her name?" Gand sighed and said, "His name is She." The stable hand stood there and stared at Gand in befuddlement for a while before asking quite loudly, "Why in tarnation would you ever name a male camel "She"?!?" Gand gave the man his winning smile and said, "Why my good man? Why, to make you ask why, is why." Gand quickly paid the man the stabling fee and left. There was no way, Gand was going to tell the stable hand, or anyone else for that matter, that he had been three sheets to the wind when he had bought She.

As Gand happily made his way across the two bridges that crossed the river Sovereign and it's small tributary, he would smile and greet those he passed by, especially any women he crossed paths with. Though, willing to stop and chat, he had a message to deliver and so would only talk for a little bit before excusing himself and heading on. Once Gand had arrived at his destination, the local Moonrise organization building, he was surprised to be denied access. From what the guard said there had been some altercation and, "No desert rat's allowed!" Gand frowned at the young guards for a moment before pulling out a small message tube and handing it over. "In that case, give this to your boss and tell him, 'If Gand Darr is to be treated like a common desert rat and turned away at the door again, then he might not be available for any other errands the Moonrise organization might have need of him.' Would you tell him that please." Message delivered Gand turned around and headed to the nearest tavern.

By the time he had arrived, Gand's sour mood had evaporated, "Ahh well. I'm certain I'll be able to annoy the lovely Moonrise detective at a later date." His thoughts briefly fluttered to the women who tried to invite him into the organization before being distracted by the lovely serving wench, "Ahh, good lady. I have a bit of a sweet tooth today, and I would like to try some of your sweet meeds please." The simmering evening progressed into a cool night and found Gand sitting at the window of the Inn room he had purchased for a couple of days. While he could have continued to carouse and try and bed that tavern wench he meat earlier in the day, he could not get the thought of his love out of his head this night. Gazing out the window at where the planet Mono hung in the sky he said, "Oh how I wish you could return the love I feel for you Amya." That night was a restless one for Gand Darr.

Last edited by Silk; 02-12-2019 at 11:52 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 09:39 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 590
cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy cookieyummy
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Zavine Bellyvia
Race: Tiefing
Class: Wizard (Divination)
Background: Noble

Appearance: Being an albino tiefling Zavine often draws attention in the desert city of Yslip despite her being otherwise shorter than most people. To protect her pale skin from the blazing sun she usually wears a coat with long sleeves and a hood, which also helps with avoiding curious glaces from others. Underneath the plain coat however the petite woman still loves to wear pretty dresses, nothing too fancy nor something that would get in her way but she makes sure she's properly dressed at all times. Golden jewelry adorns her ram-like horns as well as her neck and her slightly pointed ears. Her white hair is cut short out of practicality and is now framing her almost doll-like face. When she's angry her dark red eyes slightly glimmer but they also sparkle with exitment when she get to examine an interesting artifact. Always found on her are her leatherbound spellbook and a finely crafted Arcane focusgolde stylus which she uses to craft her arcane runes.

Personality: Despite her strict and sheltered upbringing Zavine is an open and curious young woman. Sometimes she can be a bit too curious for her own good but she just wants to discover the mysteries of this world that she has been locked away from for so long. She can spend hours with her nose in a book or bowed over an old artifact as she tries to draw the secrets from it. Knowledge is much more valuable to her than money so as long as she has the prospect of learning something new she's happy although Gaugath made sure to teach her the ways of living in a big city so she would not be too naive to survive. The woman had been a quick learner and after making her own experiences she now navigates the city and it's many challenges confidently.

Having been raised as a lady Zavine know how to behave and still cherishes good manners but she is no spoiled brat and is not afraid to get her hands dirty. It's quiet the opposite actually, since she was told most of her life that she could not do anything she now wants to be as independent as possible and can be pretty stubborn when someone doubts her abilities or makes her feel inadequate. That doesn't mean she is unable to admit when someone else is better suited for a task and she actually likes to work with other. In a group she will always make sure that everyone is treated equally and will be a reliable support for her allies. While her passion for knowledge can become a bit overwhelming for her companions she does not get cocky about it and does her best to explain and share her thought process with everyone who is intersted.

Last edited by cookieyummy; 11-06-2018 at 11:06 PM.
Old 11-01-2018, 10:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3727
Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith Berith
Application
right-aligned image
Name: Sevinc Betuul
Race: Levistus Tiefling
Class: Stone Sorcerer 1 / Rogue 2
Party Role: Face / Melee damage

Background: Urban bounty hunter/spy

Appearance: Lithe and muscular, with charcoal skin and glossy black hair, pulled back for convenience. Her appearance is far more Elvish than Infernal. Looks can be deceiving.

Personality: The blood of Levistus runs true in Sevinc. Cool, bold, and confident, she is by turns rakish and stoic, and manages to seem simultaneously inviting and off-putting. Sevinc prefers to keep her own counsel, knowing that many people dread silence and will say too much just to fill it. When pressed, she is willing and able to take decisive action, but her preference is the parry and counter-strike.

Background: In any settlement of a certain size, there are always haves and have nots - the few and the many. For those few who can move comfortably between the two groups, opportunities always exist. Yslip is no different. Merchants want to get the drop on the competition. Husbands, wives, and lovers all want to know each others' whereabouts. Girls too young to know better run off with men and women who should. The Yslip Guard is adept at catching purse snatchers and brawlers, but catching other miscreants requires particular skills. And sometimes miscreants pay handsomely to avoid being found. Someone who can find things out is always useful to a lot of people. Someone who can find things out is dangerous to a lot of people. Someone who can find things out has to be very careful about what they find and who they tell. It's a good life, if you enjoy juggling a dozen burning torches and battleaxes while hopping on one foot. Sevinc is an exceptional juggler.

Al Morrow is a person who knows how to get things done, and is smart enough not to ask too many questions about how they got done. There aren't many people that Sevinc would actively like to socialize with, but Morrow heads that very short list. He's implacable and completely ruthless, and she admires that very much. Over the last three years, Morrow has hired her to do a number of small jobs, testing her reliability and discretion. She's performed admirably, which is to say the missions were completed successfully with no traces leading back to him or the Moonrise Guard.

RP Sample: The pressure was getting unbearable. Not the unavoidable challenges of her chosen career - those were a constant, just background noise. This new pressure began about half a year earlier, when an acquaintance observed that she'd taken to gritting her teeth. Sevinc soon noticed she was grinding her teeth at night, too. Her jaws ached constantly. She felt heavy all the time, leaden. Not fat, never that, but...anchored. Trying to conduct her business as normal, she felt trapped under great weights that threatened to pull her apart.

Today was worse than most. As Sevinc walked to her meeting with Morrow, she felt like she was encased in amber, almost like in a bad dream. Her body felt like it were moving normally, but her mind kept telling her different. He noticed. Of course he did. "Am I boring you, Betuul? Maybe you have another appointment? A more important one?" He loved to try to needle her, one of the ways the Half-Orc constantly tested his (minions) agents. Sevinc tried to grit her teeth and found her jaws already clenched tightly. She forced the muscles to relax and adopted a jocular tone. "You could try juggling," she replied, with an arch little smile. "A jester's hat would suit your features. Maybe some tumbling?" She was going to give as well as she got, no matter what. His grunt was all the reply she needed. Game reset. She recited all of his instructions back to him, verbatim. "Is that all?" she asked. "I'll send word when it's ready." Thirty seconds later, she was strolling lazily out of the temple where they'd met - yet another young woman in the teeming throng.

The attack took her by surprise. Attack was too strong a word for dirt clods and insults hurled by a bunch of urchins, but they could turn dangerous if emboldened. "Someone left her out in the sun too long!" A lump of dry clay soil hit her back with a thump. "Nah, Fulk, it's dirt! She needs a good bath, and I got a hose for her!" That was ominous. She could deal with any two or three of them, easily, but there were just too many. She quickened her step. To draw steel on this rabble would just call attention to herself, and she couldn't afford that. Three dirt balls and a piece of dried dung hit her back, harder than the first. They were getting closer. A last-second impulse made her jerk her head to the left, and a heavy clay pot whizzed by her head, just missing. That was enough.

She whirled, and in less than an instant her mouth formed a word, a word she'd neither heard before nor understood, shouting it at the gang. The dirt of the alley upon which they all stood exploded under their feet, and the feral youths went tumbling to the ground. She moved her arm in a chopping motion, and all that dirt collapsed on them, pinning them in place, at least for a few moments. Sevinc took the opportunity to hurry off before the fracas drew attention, only barely noticing that her ordinarily dark skin had taken on a hard, stony texture as tough as any armor she'd ever owned.

It took her a few hours to realize that the pressure in her mind was gone, as well.

Last edited by Berith; 11-02-2018 at 02:28 PM.