Notices

Old Feb 11th, 2019, 01:45 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18532
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
I wasn't 100% sure what to do about starting gold or items. I figured I'd fill that in if he gets chosen.

Other than that all done!
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 03:47 PM
Master of the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12186
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
@DaysUntold If he does get chosen, I bet on some interesting RP situations between Raynier and Weylin (my pretend human Bard) hahah!

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; Feb 11th, 2019 at 03:57 PM.
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 04:33 PM
Great Wyrm
Good People  

Hall of Fame GM 2021

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18532
DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold DaysUntold
@Odyssey It really would be interesting lol. I read through the game posts but I hadn't read all of the backstories. It's cool how both have a similar experience in their backstories that took them in completely different directions
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 04:33 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 519
figtickler figtickler figtickler figtickler figtickler figtickler
Waiting a little longer for some folks who expressed interest privately.

As for starting gold and items, I'll work with new additions to get them caught up with the rest of the group.
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 05:04 PM
Master of the Swamp

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12186
Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey Odyssey
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaysUntold View Post
@Odyssey It really would be interesting lol. I read through the game posts but I hadn't read all of the backstories. It's cool how both have a similar experience in their backstories that took them in completely different directions
Yeah! That's pretty cool for sure! Darn that aasimair hunting cult! Lol

I took the Oath of Sangus

Last edited by Odyssey; Feb 11th, 2019 at 05:05 PM.
Old Feb 11th, 2019, 06:40 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7150
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
WIP (Obvs)

Applications

Name: Brath
Race: Human (V)
Class: Paladin (Vengeance)
Appearance:
Personality: Brath has an axe to grind, but he knows only so many acceptable whetstones. He's protective of those he sees as vulnerable and fiercely aggressive toward the unjust and exploitive. He prefers to use words over weapons, but he's not afraid to mix it up physically.
Background: Brath was the son of immigrants. They rarely felt like they fit into the cities as his father travelled to sell his wares. Their skin and hair was different than all the natives, marking them as 'other.' They were often pushed into the margins of society, the whole family of eight being forced to stay in a single room of the worst inns.

As time wore on, his mother took a job in Yslip doing domestic duties for some wealthier merchants. Brath's older siblings encouraged him to be optimistic about the possibilities of settling in a new place and making new friends. He came into the city with great expectations, but he was met with more direct abuse from the neighbourhood children than he ever experienced in the family's travels.

These lean times were a lesson in self-sufficiency for Brath. With his father, and later eldest brothers, gone the majority of the time, and his mother working long hours outside the house, he was typically at the mercy of his sisters who ran the home. Not that they were unkind, but there were many tasks to be done, and only so many capable hands. Often, being the only boy left at home, his two hands were the total number capable of the heaviest tasks.

Tragedy soon struck the family, but it hit him the hardest. His father and brothers never came home. His sisters scraped together some gold to hire a tracker, but he disappeared into the sands as well. His mother, now a hollow shell of the bright woman she used to be in his youth, quit coming home from the manor where she worked; even when Brath saw her in the streets, she turned her back to him and hurried away. His eldest sister managed to marry; it was a low marriage, but the man was kind to her, took the youngest sister as a ward, and hired the remaining sister for domestic work. His kindness didn’t extend to Brath, however who was now left to his own means.

Brath spent years on the streets, barely making it through, before a band of caravan guards for hire took pity on him. They originally took him up as a camp cook of sorts, but as he proved himself dependable in his duties, they gradually brought him along in sword play and other means of defending oneself. They made a man of him. He stuck with the caravan for years, forming a sort of brotherhood. He finally had a place he belonged and was welcomed. It never quite got rid of his deep anger, but he was able to find other means of expressing himself.

It all fell apart when his captain and friend died. They woke up in camp one morning, and he was sitting in his watch chair, stiff as a board. Brath supposed they'd finish the mission and sort out the details when they got home, but a schism formed between two of the veterans. Both were haggling for leadership, and it came to blows in front of the client. Since they were only two days out of Yslip, the caravan fired the mercenary guards on the spot. While the others picked sides, Brath was disgusted and didn't want to follow either leader after such a display. He paid handsomely for a wagon from the caravan and used it to see to the burial of his captain.

Now, two days later, he's walking into Yslip, dusty and downtrodden.

Role play sample:

Posting Rate: Sporadic at best. | Discord: Numen Wraith#9817
Characters: Drystan the Red|Anders Foundlingson|Jan Gauss|Breton Guan

Last edited by Numen Wraith; Feb 12th, 2019 at 10:27 PM.
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 01:45 AM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23344
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Your game is of such good quality I'd feel the need to kick myself if I didn't ask:
  • Would it be alright to re-post my ranger Gand Darr from your last opening of applications Figtickler?
You can find him located here.
For some reason, I deleted his character sheet, but I feel I can remake it easily enough. I did think about making a completely new character because of that but felt I'm a bit late to the party already.

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Old Feb 12th, 2019, 10:16 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Perfectly fine to resubmit, Silk.

I will make final decisions tonight around 11pm CT.
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 03:44 PM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics
Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith Numen Wraith
I’ll try to get my RP sample done by then, but I’ll be at work until then. If it’s acceptable, I can post some links to games I’m playing in so you can have an idea of my play-style.
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 07:09 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Numen, links to posts you've made works for an RP sample. Pick something that you feel best represents you.
Old Feb 12th, 2019, 10:53 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 23344
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
I went back and corrected my many spelling errors in Gand's background. I still have not had time to get his character sheet remade though.

~ I'm Back!!! ~

Old Feb 12th, 2019, 11:30 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
You all, once again, made this decision terribly difficult. I don't think I will ever get used to this process.

To cover losing another player, I've decided to accept three characters instead of just two. Those selected, please go to the Group Roster Thread and follow the instructions in the first post. I will be in contact with you all to fit your stories into the current group's some time tomorrow.

Silk Gand Darr
DaysUntold Raynier Ward
Numen Wraith Brath
Old Feb 13th, 2019, 12:41 AM
Oregonian Wyvern

Tools
User Statistics