twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 09-26-2018, 02:24 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2926
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Sad to hear that! Harper looked fun. She had bunnies after all.
Old 09-26-2018, 04:22 PM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6101
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Character Name – Susan “Suzi" MacMillan
right-aligned image

Character's Offense - What crime hasn’t she committed? She has been living on the streets for the majority of the past 2 years. Most of her crimes have been simple theft in order to survive, but she had been trending toward some more violent tendencies before her induction into the program.

Preferred Playbook: The Doomed, The Nova, The Beacon

Character Overview
History. Suzi was born North of the city to a sprawling rural life. When she lost her parents at ten, she was transported to the city and placed with a decent enough foster family, but it never felt like home. On her thirteenth birthday she ran away. Nowhere in particular, just away. Living on the street it didn’t take long before she fell into the life of crime. Suzi has been arrested more times than her record shows. Most times she is returned to her foster family and they try to make things better, but it just doesn’t ever work out. Unfortunately, Suzi's crimes have begun to escalate and her last arrest – for aggravated robbery – left her foster parents and the police in a desperate position. With a new program starting up in the city, everyone who has ever cared for Suzi leapt at the opportunity.

Personality: Quiet and reserved most of the time, Suzi is often overlooked. She often follows others which usually leads her into trouble. A rough exterior hides a heartbroken child that just wants to belong somewhere, but has yet to figure out where.

Super powers
The Doomed: vitality absorption, telekinesis, memory manipulation
The Nova: biokinesis
The Beacon: camouflage and stealth, phasing

Appearance, etc.: Suzi wears her long brown hair down most of the time - in part because it is often a tangled mess. She generally keeps herself clean despite living on the street, but dirt has a tendency to accumulate quicker than she can clean it. Suzi wears the same clothes every day, even when she is at her foster parents' home. Her foster parents have provided her with plenty of options, but the clothes are the last thing she has from her parents. They barely fit anymore and she fears it won't be long before she can't fit in them anymore either. Suzi has always been a bit small and still hasn't hit the typical teenage growth spurt - the only reason her old clothes still fit - standing at 4'8". Despite her appearance, Suzi is quite agile and fast for her size. More importantly she knows how to use her size to go places that others can't.

Your Willingness to switch playbooks – I have several other ideas including tweaking this character to fit either Nova or Beacon. I have left the backstory a bit open to allow adjustments as needed. Just posting this because it is what I have typed up – happy to switch things up if needed.

What caused The Mr Trash Wheel Incident? - "I ain't telling! It don't matter what you do to me!" - at least that is what she says when first asked. If pressed enough Suzi is convinced it was the "mechanics" working to fix the wheel. Maybe they were actually aliens or terrorists, but it was them. They pulled something out of their bag and then - FLASH!
So far she hasn't been pressed hard enough to spill her secret.

Last edited by Roekahs; 10-09-2018 at 07:16 AM.
Old 09-30-2018, 09:01 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2411
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
Added a table of applications in the opening post.

Lots of good stuff here so far!
Old 10-01-2018, 01:39 AM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 487
litza litza litza litza litza
i'm so excited!! :'D
Old 10-01-2018, 08:29 PM
Ancient Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 656
penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0 penbeast0
Tim, thanks for the Misfits recommendation, picked up season one and watched the first 3 shows over the weekend. Looks like a lot of fun. Wish I knew the system because the game looks fun too. Good luck with it.
Old 10-02-2018, 07:17 PM
Goth Ki-Rin

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1743
MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn MaximumUnicorn
Alright Tim, I'll bite.

WIP for now.

ApplicationCharacter Name: Dewayne "The Bomber" Brown
Character's Offense: Receiving stolen property and harboring a felon. (Pled guilty, 1st offense)
Preferred Masks Playbook: The Protege. Can switch to The Bull or The Nova if needed.
Powers: Shared: Impossible Fighting Skills (Boxing), Mentor: Intimidation and Fear, Own: Elemental Control (Electricity, due to The Incident)

Description: Even at 16, Dewayne is a mountain of a man, standing 6'4 and weighing in at 240 lbs, mostly of rippling muscle. A young man of African-American descent, he keeps his hair in a tight fade and is usually wearing something that promotes his precious Ravens. Even with his impressive size, Dewayne is a kind and down to earth kind of guy, always willing to help out those close to him, even if that ends up getting him put in the firing line.

Background: Dewayne's story was one all to common in the inner cities of the US. The younger of two brothers, Dewayne never really knew his father as the man had left when he was only 6 months old. His mother worked as a waitress at a diner near their apartment in Cherry Hill, often working long hours in order to keep food on the table and roof over their heads. This resulted in Dewayne spending a large amount of time with his brother Marcus, two years his senior. The two were practically inseparable growing up, with Dewayne always following his older brother into whatever trouble the pair got into. While Marcus ended up being smaller than his "little" brother as the two grew up, he was also the more wily of the two, and had a habit of not telling the full details on what the pair were getting into until it was too late.

It was one of these incidents that changed Dewayne's life forever. At the age of 14 he was already a big boy, and Marcus used his presence as intimidation while pushing over a few locals for whatever cash they might have on hand. Then Marcus made the mistake of trying to pull off something even bigger and try the same stunt on the corner bodega along with a couple of his fellow goons. In the store at the same time was an elderly black man with a cane, who instantly got upset when he heard what Marcus was trying to do to the poor owner. This lead to a confrontation between the old man and the gang of goons, and within 30 seconds the only two people still standing were the old man and Dewayne, who had wisely kept back, just watching in awe. Once the shock wore off, he followed the old man, begging to know who he was and how he was able to fight like that.

It turned out the old man was one "Marvelous" Maxwell Clemmons, a former boxer from years ago. He was on the path to welterweight glory before he ruptured his ACL, forcing him to become nothing more than a small footnote in Baltimore's boxing history. For the past few decades, he ran a small gym where he trained new boxers, but most of them didn't amount to anything. Recognizing Dewayne's honest desire to learn and his obvious size advantage, Old Max begain to teach the young man the sweet science. Pretty soon, Dewayne was spending a lot of time at the gym, not only with boxing lessons but just helping out around the place. Old Max's stern teachings proved to be a guiding point in Dewayne's life, keeping him off the road his brother had fallen on.

That is until one night where Marcus came to his brother asking for help. By this point, the elder brother had gotten himself involved with a gang and was wanted in connection with an armed robbery at an electronics store. After giving his little brother a stolen XBOX as a gift, he asked Dewayne to hide him until things blew over, which he did for a short period of time. However, guilt began to overtake the youth and he turned in his brother to pay for his crimes. As part of the plee deal for his own charges in the incident, Dewayne landed as part of this group where the whole incident went down,

What caused The Mr Trash Wheel Incident? - To Dewayne, it was obviously some type of terrorist attack. Some bomb planted in Mr Trash Wheel to blow the poor sucker up and strike at the moral of the city.

Last edited by MaximumUnicorn; 10-12-2018 at 01:40 AM.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:45 AM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
The WIP statement was just me being lazy. Benny is complete.
Old 10-03-2018, 12:01 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible timplausible
Application chart updated. Except for two "The Doomed" characters, getting a good spread across the different playbooks for everyone's primary choices.
Old 10-03-2018, 06:26 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
Even so there's plenty of alternative playbooks to choose from since we have no Nova or Beacon at the moment.

Last edited by kanly; 10-04-2018 at 05:08 PM.
Old 10-03-2018, 10:53 PM

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
Kurt
Dunno if there's still space for more players, but I'd like to apply!

Character Name - Gregory 'Greg' Skeleson.

Character's Offense - Caught smoking weed in public, Greg quickly ran from the overweight cop as quickly as possible. Unfortunately, he ran into a glass window, and got slapped with 'property damage' and 'breaking and entering' on top of everything else.

Preferred Masks Playbook - The Janus.

Character Overview:

-History: Greg had a nice childhood. At least until he was about twelve, when his mother passed away. His father was never the same, quite distant. He was either at work, watching TV or asleep. He basically shut down. Greg can't remember the last time he saw his father look at him, or talk to him. Due to his "Class Clown" personality, he got into trouble at school quite often. He was smart enough to get by through his work, half-assing enough to pass without any special merit.

-Personality: Growing up without parental guidance in his teens has turned him into a rather rowdy boy, uncaring of rules or the law. That being said, his mother certainly instilled a sense of good in him early on, which he tries to live by. He's quite the jokester, rarely taking situations seriously. He still cares for people though, and tries not to hurt others in his various pranks and goofs.

-Super powers: Shapeshifting his body, but not extremely. He still needs vital organs to live, but his outward appearance can be altered, as well as his arms and legs.

-Appearance: Shaggy, unkept brown hair, dark eyes. Rather scrawny physique, typically wears baggy jackets and hoodies. His movements are typically slow and laid-back.

Your Willingness to switch playbooks - Next choices would be the beacon, the transformed or the delinquent, but I'm happy to play anything honestly.

What caused The Mr Trash Wheel Incident? - Greg reckon's that something radioactive must've gotten caught in the machine, causing it to blow up and mess up his body at the same time. Maybe from the Science Center at the Inner Harbour?
Old 10-05-2018, 07:40 AM
I'm your huckleberry

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6101
Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs Roekahs
Suzi should be complete ... I may be leaning slightly more towards The Beacon, but I will leave it and decide if I end up in the game.

Last edited by Roekahs; 10-05-2018 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-08-2018, 10:06 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
Updated the application table.

Applications close on Friday.

Lots of good apps. Thanks to everyone who has applied so far.
Old 10-09-2018, 12:17 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
Best of luck to everyone who has applied so far!
As for anyone still interested, please add your app to the list, after all, the more the merrier!
Old 10-09-2018, 12:41 PM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1344
Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak Dvorak
I have no idea how this game works but it sounds intriguing, and misfits is a great show. Are you open to a complete newbie at the ruleset?
Old 10-09-2018, 08:33 PM
Old School - or just old

Tools
User Statistics
Newbies totally welcome. The game is very rules-light. If you can role-play and roll 2d6 when I tell you, you can probably pick up the game. "Playbooks" (the equivalent of character classes) and "moves" (actions that trigger dude rolls) are available for free online here.