RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 12-30-2018, 12:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5668
Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post
Are we able to choose a common magic item from Xanathar's? It's an AL legal thing.
I know you can buy them if you have the gold and I found a source about how if you use the "this is your life" tables you can start with a free portion of healing.

Do you have a source for me? Just struggling to find mention of it on my own
Old 12-30-2018, 01:51 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 451
Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas Nikolas
Yeah, let me dig it up.
Old 12-30-2018, 01:56 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 349
MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer MIniSchnauzer
Adventurer's League

Is it permissible to create a second character for season #3 and have them both as reserve.

Whichever gets four players first, I'll use that character and the second gets nixed?
Old 12-30-2018, 02:03 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics

This is the only source I can find anymore.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/pL5REa5

Last edited by Nikolas; 12-30-2018 at 02:04 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 02:45 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia Arachobia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikolas View Post

This is the only source I can find anymore.

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/pL5REa5
Sure, well that's fine by me then

@MIniSchnauzer Yeah, you can do that. As I said earlier, I am hoping things pick up after New Year, but that solution is fine for now
Old 12-30-2018, 03:18 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I really can't believe I cut and pasted from post #6 and instead of editing it in this post... I overwrote the previous character.

normal image without text wrap
Shaka kaSenzangakhona

Chultan Cleric

Last edited by MIniSchnauzer; 01-02-2019 at 05:59 AM.
Old 12-30-2018, 04:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
I think you mean season 4 for Vampyres (3 is Rage of Demons, 4 is Curse of Strahd)
Old 12-30-2018, 05:23 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arachobia View Post
I think you mean season 4 for Vampyres (3 is Rage of Demons, 4 is Curse of Strahd)
Old 12-30-2018, 05:41 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Too bad there isn't an Eberron option....
Old 12-30-2018, 08:34 PM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Name: Renar The Long Storm
Character Sheet
Race: High Elf
Class: Barbarian
Passive Wisdom (Perception)
Background: Noble
Faction:
Alignment: CG
2 Personality Traits
Ideal
Bond
Flaw
A brief description of your characters appearance, personality, and history: Renar is the heir apparent of an ancient elven dynasty, and is well known for his short temper and long held grudges for even small sleights. Contrary to his social idiosyncrasies he has a great ability to wait for a plan to come to fruition, as long as there are no screws ups. Renar has pale skin, and silver hair. A kind face which quickly shifts when his anger is irked is home to two violet eyes. His father has sent him away to work on his self control, but it may have backfired.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:23 PM
The Golden Apple

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 639
Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack Torack
Applying for Season 1

Darron Dast
right-aligned image

Name: Darron Dast
Character Sheet
Race: Human
Class: Fighter
Faction: Harper's
Passive Perception: 10
Background: Soldier
Alignment: NG

2 Personality Traits: I lost too many friends and I'm slow to make new ones. I have a crude sense of humour.
Ideal: Our lot is to lay down our lives in defence of others
Bond: I'll never forget the crushing defeat my company suffered or the enemy who dealt it.
Flaw: I made a terrible mistake in battle that cost many lives - and I would do anything to keep it a secret

Description: Darron is a nondescript individual. He's average in height, with a somewhat lanky build and a decent amount of muscle on his body due to soldiering; he has shoulder length dirty-blond hair that he keeps in a sort of messy bun, and has a short and somewhat thick beard that frames his shallow face. There's a scar, somewhat deep, that runs obliquely across his nose, and although it's mostly healed over, the deep cut still shows a significant bend to the area, thus giving his face a somewhat lopsided look. When in gear, he's mostly seen wearing a chain hauberk underneath a yellow surcoat with two lobstered pauldrons and a gorget to protect his neck, and on his feet are spiked greaves.

Personality: Due to past events, Darron is a very closed off individual with many, many walls. He isn't brooding by any means, in fact he's quite nice and sociable, however he does keep an emotional distance from others so as not to form any bonds with them. To him, others are simply assets placed in his life to help him accomplish whatever task he's been given. Nothing else. He fears forming bonds because of the pain that would follow should he lose anymore friends, or even worse, witness their deaths. Although he does talk and is very sociable, he will never disclose any personal information that isn't relative to their mission and will politely ask anyone that's prying to mind their own business.

He's most comfortable with superficial relationships with others. Nothing that would ever go beyond acquaintances, and as long as others are willing to respect his boundaries, he's more than happy to share a few laughs with them. Especially by making crude jokes when the opportunity arises, since it's a way for him to cope with the heavy losses he's had to face, and to help relieve the tension in very serious situations. A habit he's learned from his company since they were mostly all making crude jokes at the most serious of times. He's also quite fond of dark jokes as a sort of way to wake his group up to the dangers facing them.

Backstory: Darron was born in an unnamed village near Silverymoon to a pair of farmers. His early life was filled with hard work under the sun, tilling the earth, taking care of the crops, and herding their herds to graze on the land. It taught him strong discipline from a young age, but a part of him also wished he could have spent his childhood acting more like a child than an adult. Alas, it wasn't to be. His father was a strict but fair man, instilling a sense of duty and greater purpose in Darron, and had very little patience for goofing off. Thus, he would work with his father or even help his mother around the house with various chores, and by the time he had time to himself, it was mostly dark.

At the age of fifteen, a conscription officer came to their lands and demanded that they hand over any abled bodies to the military. Darron was at first hesitant, but his father told him it would be good for him and that he himself was a soldier before settling on the farm. It took some convincing, but he signed up and was immediately taken to a fort to be trained. The training lasted for the better part of a year where he was drilled relentlessly, sleep deprived, and put into exhaustive and near life-threatening situations to prepare him for battle. Each day was a struggle, but with each passing month he found himself getting stronger and tougher, and getting closer with the men he'd considered brothers in his squad. By the end, he was a green but hardened recruit and the squad a close-knit family that acted as a single unit.

They'd been given word that an orc warlord had brought the tribes together under a single banner and was leading a fullscale assault on the humans. What Darron assumed was going to be months of constant fighting and daily struggles in the pits of war, was actually nothing of the sort. Months at a time they would spend marching or fortifying a redoubt with the occasional clash with orc skirmishers. His first battle was a year later, when his company was sent to intercept a marching band of orcs that meant to assault a fort that had given the humans a significant strategic advantage; their orders were to hold back the orc forces until the fort could be fully resupplied and prepared for a siege.

The battle was bloody and a mass of chaos and death. But, by the end of it, although they sustained several casualties, they managed to push back the orcs forcing them into a retreat. While camping that night, Darron was approached by his Sergeant who told him he was part of the Harpers and that he would love to have him part of the group. Darron said he would think about it, and a few days later decided he would join the faction.

Several months later, he was promoted to Sergeant of his squad, and the company he was in was given the orders to lay an assault on another company of orcs that were threatening Silverymoon which had just won out of a siege at the time. During their march, Darron was approached by a fellow Harper who'd given him information that another orc company was seeking to flank them as soon as they engaged with the first. He told the officers and asked them to hold back and wait for reinforcements to arrive. Seeing that the information was from the Harpers, the agreed and settled in to camp.

That night, they woke to see two orc armies waiting to run them down. They formed as quickly as they could, horns blaring through the night. A bloody mess followed with the human company shattered by the end. Darron lost many of his brothers that night, and those that survived either died soon after or blamed him for the false information he'd given the officers, even more saying that he was a conspirator with the orcs. The rumours began to fly wild with each passing and knowing that he would be executed if he didn't run, Darron fled and never looked back, changing his appearance and his name.

He now seeks redemption for the trouble he's caused and the Harper's may need him once more.

Last edited by Torack; 12-31-2018 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 10:28 PM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4762
McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin McQuiggin
Merwrick Whitebridge
right-aligned image

Character name: Merwrick Whitebridge (Season 1)
Character Sheet: Complete
Race: Halfling
Class: Rogue
Passive Wisdom (Perception): 14 (+4)
Background: Many organizations active in the North and across the face of Faerūn aren’t bound by strictures of geography. These factions pursue their agendas without regard for political boundaries, and their members operate anywhere the organization deems necessary. These groups employ listeners, rumormongers, smugglers, sellswords, cache-holders (people who guard caches of wealth or magic for use by the faction’s operatives), haven keepers, and message drop minders, to name a few. At the core of every faction are those who don’t merely fulfill a small function for that organization, but who serve as its hands, head, and heart. As a prelude to your adventuring career (and in preparation for it), you served as an agent of a particular faction in Faerūn. You might have operated openly or secretly, depending on the faction and its goals, as well as how those goals mesh with your own. Becoming an adventurer doesn’t necessarily require you to relinquish membership in your faction (though you can choose to do so), and it might enhance your status in the faction.Faction Agent
Faction: Founded more than a millennium ago, disbanded and reorganized several times, the Harpers remain a powerful, behind-the-scenes agency, which acts to thwart evil and promote fairness through knowledge, rather than brute force. Harper agents are often proficient in Investigation, enabling them to be adept at snooping and spying. They often seek aid from other Harpers, sympathetic bards and innkeepers, rangers, and the clergy of gods that are aligned with the Harpers’ ideals.The Harpers
Alignment: Lawful Good

2 Personality Traits:
  • I idolize a particular hero of my faith, and constantly refer to that person’s deeds and example.
  • Nothing can shake my optimistic attitude.
Ideals: Power. I hope to one day rise to the top of my faith’s religious hierarchy. (Lawful)

Bond: Everything I do is for the common people.

Flaw: I am suspicious of strangers and expect the worst of them.

Description:
  • Appearance: Merwrick is average height for a halfling. His lean, muscular frame shows his athletic abilities. His dark brown hair covers his head and feet. His round hairless face has brown eyes that show an understanding of what his life is. He wears leather armor that's covered by a black overcoat. Leather gaiters cover the tops of his hairy feet.
  • Personality: Merwrick is always optimistic. Although, he is not always altruistic. He really wants to move up the ranks in the Harpers and getting there is a high priority for him. Also, he isn't fast to trust strangers.
  • History: Merwrick grew up an urchin on the streets of Waterdeep. Stealing what little he could to stay alive. It wasn't an easy life for a halfling growing up in a human world. The gangs of boys that ruled the streets often gave Merwrick a difficult time. He decided that the streets would not be where he would wander. So he took to the rooftops and learned how to survive from on high. On the rooftops he learned to overhear secrets from open windows and alleyways. Until he overheard one that would change his life forever. The overheard secret brought him into the folds of the Harpers and his hero and mentor Max Shadowfoot. Max tutored him in the ways of the Harpers as well as how to be a thief until his untimely death. Merwrick carries Max's ashes in a urn with him everywhere. Now, Merwrick's contact for the Harpers is Zimakus Shadowfoot, Max's nephew.

Last edited by McQuiggin; 12-31-2018 at 11:05 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:29 PM
Half Elf, Half Mad

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1221
Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel Tinuviel
Awww, this is what I was waiting for! AL adventures! I'd gladly make time for Season 4! Always wanted to try it after watching a few episodes of Dice, Camera, Action DMed by Chris Perkins on Youtube. I only got to about 2 or 3 episodes in so I didn't spoil myself yet.

One question, though: Will multiclassing be allowed? My character concept for the adventure might call for a multiclass.

Application for Season 4 - WIP

Last edited by Tinuviel; 01-06-2019 at 10:10 PM.
Old 12-30-2018, 11:47 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
@Tinuviel Yes, multiclassing is allowed

@Nikolas Are you going to go for season 7 as MIniSchnauzer suggested earlier?

@MIniSchnauzer I'm going to keep both your applications up until one of the games starts and then I'll remove the other one
Old 12-31-2018, 12:18 AM
Sapphire Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm not sure, I might make a second app for the 7th season, but I don't think the barbarian would fit well there.