RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-13-2019, 11:58 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7197
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Application - WIP
left-aligned image
Name: Jamie Voss - Codename: K.O.

Power: Heroic Form Brick - Four-armed 9' tall tank with super strength.

Background: Jamie was born in the small town of Ryder, Texas, which is about an hour northwest of the greater Houston area. Her parents both teach at a local community college; one being an arts teacher, her father and her mother being an economics and mathematics professor. She wants to become a hero as she feels it is her destiny, like those military warrior geniuses she idolizes from past history.
Jamie is a geek and something of a genius prodigy when it comes to strategy and tactics. To say she's a student of history or a history 'buff', is an understatement. She's studied at length all of history's recorded battles and wars that made differences, or stand out as changing history. She also has a thing for past women warriors. She's finishing her degree in military history, and loves strategy board games, as well as strategic challenges.
Her heroic form manifested itself when she was 12. She tripped over her pajama pants while walking down the stairs at home and instantly transformed into K.O. She destroyed a wall and a good portion of the stairs and could only explain it to her parents by showing them. After a few years of keeping this quiet, they finally decided to sign her up for the school in Overton at the appropriate age; to get her degree in her love of history of course.

Family & NPCs: Abraham and Sara Voss are big city folk who moved to the smaller town when they learned a baby was coming. They transferred to the local community college then for the hours and less stress. They have been there ever since. Her father's hobbies are attending civil war reenactments, and more recently WWII reenactments, as a reenactor of course. Jamie used to go to these when she was young, but left the hobby to her father when her teen years hit.
Her mother often gives Jamie details of the mathematics and logistics involved in some famous battles of the past, things most people overlook or just never hear about. Her mother's vice is horses, and they own three. Her mother often rides in amateur competitions and her dad uses his horse for his Calvary reenactments.
Friend - Her longtime friend of her same age, since school began in kindergarten, is Cody Sparks. Yes, that's his name. He's a geek like her, and they went to Prom as just friends. It's always been just that, but secretly, Cody has a thing for Jamie and would marry her in a heartbeat.

Description: Jamie is a 5'5" slender ginger. She's relatively average save her grey-blue eye color that has her stand out more than the average ginger. She's tenacious and not afraid to speak her mind if she feels she really knows what she's talking about. In her heroic form she is able to morph her body into a 9' tall version of herself - if that version was extremely muscular, had four arms, and had a skin tone and form of polished ebony stone that is.

Personality: Jamie has rarely met anyone she couldn't strike up a conversation with. This mostly comes from her inherit drive to learn new things. Her hobbies are collecting and playing strategy and war-based board games, and attending reenactments whenever possible. She loves old war memorabilia, and uniforms. She always has some kind of throw back military garb worn on her person.
She likes people that like to work together, and really loves being a part of a team. She tends to highly dislike those who dismiss others and their contributions and think they, or what they represent, are the only people that matter. She has been told she is a natural leader, and should pursue a war college or similar higher education. Given her heroic abilities, she can't quite see how that would work out.

Last edited by Drachenspirit; 02-05-2019 at 12:15 PM.
Old 01-14-2019, 12:02 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 473
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Okay anyone who's read the books, is my application's power theme acceptable?
Old 01-14-2019, 01:02 AM
Do Not Feed The Panda

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1403
Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Runetide View Post
Okay anyone who's read the books, is my application's power theme acceptable?
The only concern I have with it is the ability to go BACK in time... but as long as it's only for like, localized healing purposes and not for the purposes of changing the past -- an event that would require a power potent enough to be a plot device in and of itself, in my opinion -- then I'm not as concerned about it.

You're effectively a speedster that uses localized time dilation as the medium rather than just moving really fast.
Old 01-14-2019, 01:13 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 473
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted Panda View Post
The only concern I have with it is the ability to go BACK in time... but as long as it's only for like, localized healing purposes and not for the purposes of changing the past -- an event that would require a power potent enough to be a plot device in and of itself, in my opinion -- then I'm not as concerned about it.

You're effectively a speedster that uses localized time dilation as the medium rather than just moving really fast.
Yep! Got it in one! "Going Back" is entirely just a rewind of a person's physical state to heal them, and it also explains healing 'uncurable' injuries or dismemberment.

I also had made sure that his Pre/Post cognition powers were uncontrolled, so you can take the reins with those, as it should be.

Last edited by Runetide; 01-14-2019 at 01:42 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 05:49 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 850
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
So, is it possible for children to inherit their powers from a parent, or are they truly unique? Basically I was looking at a character that is the son of a thermokinetic that has one part of that power set. I've got an idea for fluffing it as completely unique, but it does feel a little wonky and highly fortuitously coincidental, even for superhero lore.
Old 01-14-2019, 06:16 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10799
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Children have unique powers but generally with a similar aspect to their parents.

For example in the fiction Captain Starlight ends up with one descendant who can generate force fields made of light and another who creates fields full of shadow blades (star light and the darkness between it?).

Last edited by Moridain; 01-14-2019 at 06:20 AM.
Old 01-14-2019, 02:14 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4111
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Given the you the bare bones of my app.
Old 01-15-2019, 04:42 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 850
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
Here's my functional-state application.
ApplicationName: Colin Pryce
Codename: Amarok
Power: Cold Generation. His body can perform thermosynthesis using endothermic reactions, absorbing the heat around him.
Hero Major: Weapons

Description: Colin is about 5'9 and boasts the build of an outdoorsman. His brown hair, while not excessively long, does have a bit more length than a standard male cut, and his eyes are a darker blue. He has a habit of wearing shorts and t-shirts, mostly because Overton is far warmer than home.
Personality: Colin's usually pretty laid back, although he can get wrapped up in the fun of competition at times. He enjoys hunting and card games, and can probably be blamed for a rise in euchre's popularity at the school. He does have a bit of an issue with crowds however, and tries to avoid being in large ones, especially if in small rooms.

Last edited by Auron3991; 01-19-2019 at 04:24 AM. Reason: adding hero major
Old 01-16-2019, 01:25 PM
Do Not Feed The Panda

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1403
Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda
Since it was asked via PM, Applications will close somewhere around the end of the first week of February. I'll be on vacation during that time and I'll have enough time to go over apps in detail and finalize a team of 4.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:12 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14971
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Oh, something that was bugging me as a Physicist. I know in comic books Magnet People rip the iron out of people’s blood all the time, but actually the iron in someone’s blood is bonded to various compounds in the body. The overall effect is that blood-iron is temporarily made weakly paramagnetic/diamagnetic depending on if it’s bonded to oxygen at the moment or not.

Meaning that for Magneto (or Gauss) to actually steal all of the iron out of someone’s blood he has to create a magnetic field so powerful that the victim’s flesh is reduced to mush from how the chemistry has been affected anyway.

I’m thinking that Gauss just tells people he can tell this and they usually believe him because most people don’t have degrees in Physics. He really can’t. :P

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; 01-16-2019 at 05:12 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:35 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12443
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Riptide drawing all the water from somebody's body and leaving them to some kind of 1960s Star Trek red shirt fate on the other hand...

Is also not going to happen, she has nowhere near that kind of fine control. She could draw the water from the lungs of a drowning victim, but that's about it. She's not so good with water that's mixed with other stuff on a molecular level, though siphoning water from a sediment like purifying muddy water is no problem.
Old 01-16-2019, 05:41 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 544
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
Anyone you guys puddle-ify or dehydrate to death I can fix.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:01 PM

Tools
User Statistics
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyninja29 View Post
Anyone you guys puddle-ify or dehydrate to death I can fix.
Heh. Good to know.
Still struggling to find a decent Pic for my 4-armed 9' tall brick type.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:34 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12443
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Old 01-16-2019, 06:37 PM

Tools
User Statistics
LOL. Yes, have seen that one in my searches.