RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-16-2019, 06:45 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 544
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
What about that red alien from Ben10... Four arms I think is his name... There is also that one woman from incredibles 2.
Old 01-16-2019, 06:54 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7263
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Saw both of them, and just don't do it for me. I'll find something.
Old 01-16-2019, 07:46 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4161
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Quick question. How are secret identities handled in this setting? Is the civilian identity a matter of public record?

Last edited by Acathala; 01-16-2019 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:27 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 473
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Quote:
Originally Posted by chubbyninja29 View Post
Anyone you guys puddle-ify or dehydrate to death I can fix.
I realized Split Second can't actually raise the dead, though he can heal pretty much anything else.

Dying is a fixed point in time maybe?
Old 01-16-2019, 08:32 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
Can he improve it though?
And also I have one of the best interrogation tools ever!

You still feel the impact, but whatever damage you would take is healed.

Last edited by chubbyninja29; 01-16-2019 at 08:33 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 08:36 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
He could eventually (I.E. spend earned PP on it) figure out the 'rewind to being alive' thing, but currently, he doesn't because he's worried what would actually happen.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:00 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I mean the things he fixes... Can he improve them in the act of fixing? Cuz mystic can but only non organics.

Last edited by chubbyninja29; 01-16-2019 at 09:01 PM.
Old 01-16-2019, 09:13 PM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Nope! strictly rewinding.
Old 01-16-2019, 11:56 PM
Do Not Feed The Panda

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1403
Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acathala View Post
Quick question. How are secret identities handled in this setting? Is the civilian identity a matter of public record?
Certain government entities know who you are, but the general public does not, unless you want them to. Maintaining your secret is largely up to you.

Also, other heroes, who've seen you in action BEFORE you put on the cape, during your HCP days, would also generally have an idea of who you are out of costume.
Old 01-17-2019, 08:49 AM
Chaos Bacon Whale

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10932
AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar AximusLokar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drachenspirit View Post
Heh. Good to know.
Still struggling to find a decent Pic for my 4-armed 9' tall brick type.
Heh, my mind immediately went to the same place as PM, though I added 'human' to the search term.

If you do find something close and the major barrier is coloration let me know, I'm a decent editor. I can also do minor alterations (ie: I could probably remove the head ridges from the above image and maybe do something about the crazy eyes) but adding new stuff is always going to look awkward.

Last edited by AximusLokar; 01-17-2019 at 08:50 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:00 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10799
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Am I the only person who went to Arms from Everyone Loves Large Chests?

Last edited by Moridain; 01-17-2019 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-17-2019, 09:04 AM
Mature Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I've never heard of Everyone Loves Large Chests, but now I'm immediately interested.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:28 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 470
Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk
Application
right-aligned image
Name / Codename: Thomas Merrimac aka Bingo

Power: Reality bending. Thomas can subtley perceive the fundamental structure of the cosmos and can, on a small scale, manipulate it in a fashion similar to how a hacker rewrites code to manipulate a computer. The universe is a very durable computer though and Thomas' changes don't last very long.

School: Overton University in Overton, Texas. Dean: Kathleen Bishop. Major - Subtlety, Minor - Control.

Background: It was supposed to be a perfect life. Solomon and Heidi Merrimac were both well-paid professionals - he an engineer, she an architect - living in the Hollywood foothills. between them they grossed several hundred thousand dollars a year and their only child, Thomas, wanted for nothing. He went to excellent schools and they were very active in his upbringing, unlike many dual-income households.

At seventeen years old, Thomas' world came crashing down. Both of his parents were killed in a car accident when the driver of a large truck fell asleep at the wheel and rear-ended them at full speed while they were at a traffic light. Since Thomas was still a minor, he was sent to live with his aunt and uncle just outside of Corpus Christi, Texas.

The healing process was long and slow. The people around him said all the right things but it didn't help. The money from the life insurance policies and his parents' estate didn't help. The therapy didn't help. Thomas curled up inside of himself and hoped desperately that he'd wake up from this horrible nightmare. He never did though so he took to going on long walks out in the middle of nowhere with only the stars for company. There was at least a small amount of serenity in that but Thomas was still in a deep, dark well of depression.

left-aligned image

After he turned eighteen, Thomas elected to remain with his aunt and uncle. They were there when he needed someone to talk to but were sensitive enough to give him his space also. His nightly forays got longer and longer. While he was laying on a hill one night looking at the stars, it all clicked. The twinkling of the stars became the drumbeat of a language that made sense to Thomas. It was as if he could see - no, not see, but sense - the forces that made up the universe. Not just gravity, electromagnetics, or the strong and weak forces but the code, if you will, behind them that makes it all work. It was beautiful and for the first time since his parents died, Thomas felt at ease.

Ultimately, Thomas entered the Hero Certification Program at Overton, Texas. His life there was rigorous and frustrating but it was a balm to the depression that he had been dealing with for such a long time. He returned to reading voraciously, a hobby he had enjoyed as a boy. This, coupled with a certain aloofness brought on by the new way he saw the world, created a gap between him and his fellow students. His roommate, Scott Lewis wasn't having it though. Socially, Scott was the exact opposite of Thomas. Outgoing to a fault, Scott hasn't made much headway in getting Thomas integrated with the rest of the students but the two of them have become fast friends. Thomas is still deeply pained by the loss of his parents but his time at Overton has lessened his grief immensely.

Going Forward: Thomas wants to be accepted by others. He also wants to be more fluid around other people like his friend, Scott. At times he may go out of his way to do things to gain other peoples' approval but not to the extent of breaking major laws or hurting someone unnecessarily.

Description: Thomas just misses the six foot mark and has an athletic build thanks to the merciless instructors at Overton University. He weighs in at 195 lbs and carries himself with squared shoulders and a straight back. His demeanor doesn't quite match his posture though, being reserved and going out of his way to avoid making eye contact. The overall effect being that he comes across as rigid and uncomfortable. He prefers nice, casual clothes, feeling that looking good means one less thing to be self-conscious about when he's around other people.

Personality: Thomas is a typical introvert. The loss of his parents and the emergence of his powers have conspired to make him socially awkward. Being roommates with Scott has forced him to stare this in the eye. He wants to be more comfortable around people but it's just so hard sometimes. Someone will say something and he doesn't know if they're joking or being serious. He much prefers the company of books and spends much of his free time in the library. During his time at Overton University he has also come to enjoy certain physical hobbies as long as they don't involve too many other people. Running, tennis, and tai chi are his favorites but he stridently avoids sports like basketball or baseball.

Roleplay Sample: The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dogs.

People:
Gabe and Anna McKenzie: Thomas' aunt and uncle. They have a small ranch near Corpus Christi where they raise chickens and a few dozen head of cattle. They have solid, rustic values which have rubbed off on Thomas even though he is unaware of it.
Scott 'Hopscotch' Lewis (teleporter): Scott is Thomas' roommate. He is charming, outgoing, and a moderately successful ladies man. He loves all manner of physical activities from running and kayaking to martial arts and dancing. He saw it as a personal challenge to get past Thomas' reticence and now that he's accomplished that, his next goal is to bridge the gap between Thomas and the other students.
Frederick 'Monarch' LaPour: He teaches the Subtlety course at Overton University. His strict demeanor and 'no excuses' attitude have made him Thomas' favorite (and Scott's least favorite) instructor at Overton. Thomas sees him as a mentor and almost surrogate father.
Dean Kathleen Bishop of Overton University: Copper hair and matching eyes. She is a shifter (changes her form as she needs it in a fight) and goes by the hero name Reaction. The first time Thomas met her, he slouched into her office for a routine meeting during orientation. She saw the self-pity bubbling out of him and immediately chewed him out. She made him leave her office and come back in more professionally. The tactic shocked Thomas so much that he now has the posture of a Marine Corps drill instructor and is more afraid of Dean Bishop than any other person on the planet.

Design Notes: I took some creative license with a couple characters. Hopefully I didn't run over anything that's already in the game. Also, I haven't done a character sheet yet. This is a concept for M&M that's been knocking around in my head for awhile now. The PL7/150PP is a novel spin on it though. While it's hard to know what the final product will look like, some of the powers that I foresee him potentially having are Comprehend (objects), Comprehend (machines), Affliction, Create, Environment Control, Senses, Transform, Weaken, Skill Mastery (technology), Benefit (wealth), and some skills from his training at HCP. There is a character on the wiki page who can control everything close to him down to the molecular level. Apparently he has some mental defenses because of that so I may take a page out of his book in that area. We'll see.

Last edited by Kerchunk; 01-19-2019 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Updates
Old 01-17-2019, 11:18 AM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7263
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridain View Post
Am I the only person who went to Arms from Everyone Loves Large Chests?

Yes! Every search ended up with scantily clad women with four arms and large chests! I may have to create something. Still, thanks AximusL, and I'll keep that editing in mind as I may need it.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:39 PM
Do Not Feed The Panda

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1403
Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda
Side note... What was everyone's hero major in the HCP?

Options include:
Close Combat - Mostly hand to hand combat, usually taken by supers who's powers work best in close quarters.

Ranged combat - Firearms enthusiasts and blaster powers usually go this route.

Focus - Mostly for mind based powers, but anyone with powers that require one to focus to maintain the effect or to press on with it are a good fit.

Control - People who have powers that rely on restraint to avoid causing catastrophic damage -- or have a focus on fine manipulation -- go well here.

Weapons - Like close combat, but with a focus on using weaponry to augment one's abilities and give them that added edge in a fight.

Subtlety - Those who excel at subterfuge and information gathering go well here... though these types are generally not very trusted among other heroes, it's hard to deny that they're an asset to their teams.