RPXP: 689
Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide Runetide
Split Second would be Control. If possible, a minor in Close Combat? :P
Old 01-17-2019, 11:58 AM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7897
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Close combat for K.O. definitely.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:07 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15137
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Control with a Focus minor. Wiping credit cards and computer drives gets annoying after a while.

Last edited by GleefulNihilism; 01-17-2019 at 01:56 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 12:34 PM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 546
chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29 chubbyninja29
Weapons.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:09 PM
Consilio Et Prudentia

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4411
Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala Acathala
Probably control.
Old 01-17-2019, 01:50 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12605
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Riptide would be ranged combat with a minor in control.
Old 01-17-2019, 04:19 PM
Salted, not sweetened.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 439
Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow Marshmallow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted Panda View Post
Subtlety - Those who excel at subterfuge and information gathering go well here... though these types are generally not very trusted among other heroes, it's hard to deny that they're an asset to their teams.
I honestly feel like this suits Velox really well.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:13 PM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
Everyone Loves Large Chests is a pun title for the series, since the protagonist is a Mimic. He is a 'Large Chest', get it?

https://www.amazon.com/Morningwood-E.../dp/B076NSQ6JT

My eventual plant mage ap went Control and Ranged but eventually specialized in Control.

Last edited by Moridain; 01-17-2019 at 05:13 PM.
Old 01-17-2019, 05:40 PM
CommunityCoffee Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7897
Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit Drachenspirit
Had to create my own image.
She's basically a stone form looking like polished Obsidian stone somewhat.

Old 01-17-2019, 09:49 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 537
Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk Kerchunk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haunted Panda View Post
Side note... What was everyone's hero major in the HCP?

Options include:
Close Combat - Mostly hand to hand combat, usually taken by supers who's powers work best in close quarters.

Ranged combat - Firearms enthusiasts and blaster powers usually go this route.

Focus - Mostly for mind based powers, but anyone with powers that require one to focus to maintain the effect or to press on with it are a good fit.

Control - People who have powers that rely on restraint to avoid causing catastrophic damage -- or have a focus on fine manipulation -- go well here.

Weapons - Like close combat, but with a focus on using weaponry to augment one's abilities and give them that added edge in a fight.

Subtlety - Those who excel at subterfuge and information gathering go well here... though these types are generally not very trusted among other heroes, it's hard to deny that they're an asset to their teams.
Application updated with my hero curriculum. Since secret identities are a thing, have our characters also been pretending to attend regular college courses also. I'm wondering if I should dogear some points for some kind of academic expertise.
Old 01-17-2019, 10:29 PM
Do Not Feed The Panda

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1453
Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerchunk View Post
Application updated with my hero curriculum. Since secret identities are a thing, have our characters also been pretending to attend regular college courses also. I'm wondering if I should dogear some points for some kind of academic expertise.
So there is a major rule in the HCP, for those who are not aware. If at any time in your four year stay in the Hero Certification Program you're outed as an HCP student, you immediately fail the program. While you're in the program, you're REQUIRED to maintain a secret identity. -- Though you're not required to maintain it when you're out of school. There are several public heroes.

Most people take regular college classes in addition to their HCP classes both as a cover, and for the actual educational value.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:04 PM
The Good Doktor

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15137
GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism GleefulNihilism
Oh, good to know. Might need to think on my app a bit.
Old 01-17-2019, 11:22 PM
Elder Dragon Legend

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 12605
PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors PalladiaMors
Oh hm I wasn't aware of that, that completely wrecks my entire character concept. I'll have to come up with something new then.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:23 AM
Massively Multitasking

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10833
Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain Moridain
A small detail worth noting is that anyone who fails out of the HCP (Which is more than 90% since only ten or so graduate each year from a starting class of hundreds, each of which was already went through strict background checks) their memories are slightly altered so they don't remember the names, faces or powers of anyone they met while a part of it and forget most of their training.

So those who fail know they were in the class, but have no real memory of how they got to them, who was there or what they were taught when inside. This is to protect the identity of those who do pass later, to protect the security of the school and so they don't accidentally train a new generation of super-villains.

The level of wipe varies on a case by case basis, but one student who was expelled had every single memory they made since enrolling wiped out so they are dead serious about it.

Last edited by Moridain; 01-18-2019 at 12:26 AM.
Old 01-18-2019, 12:44 AM
Do Not Feed The Panda

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1453
Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda Haunted Panda
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalladiaMors View Post
Oh hm I wasn't aware of that, that completely wrecks my entire character concept. I'll have to come up with something new then.
Why's that? There are Supers who go to school who aren't in the HCP. Being obviously a Super doesn't mean you'll be outed as a Hero in Training.

Giving your current app a quick once over, I don't see any red flags that would cause issues with the Secret Identity rule.

Last edited by Haunted Panda; 01-18-2019 at 12:47 AM.