RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Feedback & User Resources > Questions and Site Discussions
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-01-2016, 10:46 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25626
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
13th Age Character Sheet Comments

I've put together a 13th Age character sheet. Attached to this post is a PDF of the way it looks for me in testing. Please go try it out!

This thread is for troubleshooting, comments, questions, and possibly even answers. Also, if there are additional values on the sheet that it would be useful to auto calculate that aren't dependent on other game factors (power, feats, etc) so that it isn't the case that, for example, one would have to fix them all again after changing the 'level' number, then please let me know.

If you have a problem, please include your operating system and browser type and version number in your post.

Known Issues:
  • multi-class support is not yet programmed into the calculations (assuming that's necessary - I still have to read the rules over again for that)
  • should consider making the automatically calculated values recalculate if they are changed (i.e. it shouldn't be possible to break the sheet by putting the wrong things into those boxes by mistake)

FYI: to print it, I chose to include background colours and images, and set the size to 75%
Attached Files
File Type: pdf test13.pdf (796.1 KB, 151 views)
Old 05-01-2016, 11:02 PM
One Ring to rule them all

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1882
Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm Storm
Looks great, while I'm not a expert when it comes to making a character sheet, I'm sure your thorough enough to avoid mistakes. All though I'm unfamiliar with 13th Age, I find it humorous that your campaign name is Friday the 13th
Old 05-01-2016, 11:08 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyEnglish View Post
Looks great, while I'm not a expert when it comes to making a character sheet, I'm sure your thorough enough to avoid mistakes. All though I'm unfamiliar with 13th Age, I find it humorous that your campaign name is Friday the 13th
*cough* first mistake fixed *cough*
Old 05-02-2016, 05:01 AM
to a different tune

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38224
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Birched, you rock. This is great! Thank you so much.

I've started typing in an already-existing character in order to see if there are any issues that I note, and I've included the new sheet here as a reference. Please feel free to object or toss out anything I write here, it's 5am and I haven't gotten a lot of sleep. This is my first blush response to the sheet, and it could be wildly affected by insomnia. I haven't finished the conversion of the old text-based sheet to the new profiler format, but I will do that given time in the near future for further comments from me.

Old 05-02-2016, 11:31 AM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
My comments/questions in red:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera View Post
  • Armor Class/PD/MD totals are a static number, not a modifier. The +20 confuses me at a glance. OK
  • Some races are "small", which grants them a bonus against Opportunity Attacks. This could be as simple as a checkbox near AC or height/weight, or it could be something more. So this is a situational bonus, that is sometimes but not always applied to AC? I gather then that you are suggesting some kind of 'reminder' box that does not affect calculations?
  • Icon Relationships can be positive, negative, or conflicted, and have a number (2 positive, 3 negative, etc). I'm not sure if that's the "Degree" box you have, but I'm not sure it's clear. Maybe just make it a single box for "2 positive" instead of the +/- boxes (especially since conflicted doesn't have an option)? I'd also like to see a space to elaborate on the relationship (why does this character loathe the Priestess' faction?) for both player and GM reference. Could be a text area underneath the specific listings, perhaps? The intention was that you click both boxes (i.e. +-) for conflicted. Would elaboration of relationships be better relegated to the 'notes' section? I originally had this just as text, but someone *really* wanted click boxes Yes, for 2+ the intention is that the '2' is the 'degree'. It looks like I should call that 'points'?
  • Magic Items can affect Armor Class, PD, MD, and more. Misc options would be good. So add one more 'other modifiers' box to the right hand side?
  • Not sure what the "save bonus" box is for. Me neither. It's on the original 13th Age sheets put out by the game maker, though. Does anyone know what this is for? Does anyone use it?
  • Multiple attack options would be good, a la the checkboxes in the Pathfinder sheet which show/hide up to four weapon and armor listings. Everyone will have a "base melee attack" and a "base ranged attack" listing, but different classes have different options to apply talents or powers and I know I'd rather have it written out as a separate option from the basic. Same format, just more lines?
  • Could we get a reshuffle to take Class Features and everything under it out of the side column and move it to the primary area? All classes have class features, talents, and feats, but only some have powers & spells. (A checkbox to hide this, like on the Pathfinder sheet, would be great.) I put Class Features on the right because on the sheets I saw the entries were few and short in that category. I put powers & spells where it is because people seemed to make long entries that filled up the space. I could certainly move class features to where powers and spells is. I guess I'd then move Powers & Spells below, above equipment. A click box to hide –*can do. Is there a clear distinction between what a 'power' is and what a 'class feature' is?
Old 05-02-2016, 06:25 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
BUG: Armor Class/PD/MD totals are a static number, not a modifier. The +20 confuses me at a glance

This one is fixed now. To see AC/PD/MD correctly (with no '+'), you may have to
  • clear or temporarily disable your cache
  • force recalculation by changing a parent ability score or the base value
Old 05-03-2016, 11:40 AM
Orange Pirate
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7794
Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse

Old 05-03-2016, 12:02 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Similarly, could you add a degree section for the Background section as well?
I do not understand what this would look like. Can you show me an example of a sheet that has a 'background' section that includes 'degrees'?

Re. checkboxes, I think that it may be easier just to put a text field in for people to record things how they like it. Also for feat tiers.

Not making changes yet -- still collecting comments.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:01 PM
I'm a Helper!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15739
Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom
Backgrounds effectively function as your skills in 13th age. IE if you had a background of SUPER Rpgx Admin you could assign a +X modifier to that background during character creation and then use it in relevant skill challenges. (Say recovering from crazed server admins shanking your server)

My current character sheet.
In there Distinguished Lineage has a +2 modifier, Silver tongue a +5, etc.

Last edited by Ion2Atom; 05-03-2016 at 03:02 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:54 PM
Ocean Soul
Hall of Fame DM 2012

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20318
Olorian Olorian Olorian Olorian Olorian Olorian Olorian Olorian Olorian Olorian Olorian
Thanks, Birched!!!
Old 05-03-2016, 04:09 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
Is there an absolute maximum value for a relationship with an icon? Can it ever go higher than 3?
Old 05-03-2016, 04:27 PM
I'm a Helper!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15739
Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom
You can have up to 5 relationship points (icons) total, but a maximum of three in any given icon. UNLESS you are in the epic tier, in which case the max is 4 for one icon.

Last edited by Ion2Atom; 05-03-2016 at 04:28 PM.
Old 05-06-2016, 03:37 PM
to a different tune

Tools
User Statistics
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
It looks like everyone answered appropriately for me while I was away from my computer, but to clarify the last comment about class features, it's equally as possible to see someone keep a list of three ability names as it is to see someone who wants to write them out so there's no confusion. Just like spells or feats in any d20 system, there's a name with a description and it's up to the player how specific they wish to be. I'd love to see some kind of link between class features and the SRD, like the Pathfinder spells map to the Paizo PRD, but that's a lot of work and not every class is in the SRD yet.
Old 05-09-2016, 10:47 AM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2709
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion2Atom View Post
You can have up to 5 relationship points (icons) total, but a maximum of three in any given icon. UNLESS you are in the epic tier, in which case the max is 4 for one icon.
This is not entirely true as far as I know. I don't believe that there is any actual limit on total number of relationship points, especially with multi classing, and there are even a few tricksy ways to get around the maximum for one icon (mostly involving high level spells).
Old 05-09-2016, 12:28 PM
to a different tune

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birched View Post
Is there an absolute maximum value for a relationship with an icon? Can it ever go higher than 3?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ion2Atom View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanly View Post
This is not entirely true as far as I know. I don't believe that there is any actual limit on total number of relationship points, especially with multi classing, and there are even a few tricksy ways to get around the maximum for one icon (mostly involving high level spells).
There are talents and spells which offer additional relationship points, but Ion is correct that as the rules are written currently (going up to epic tier) the maximum points in any one relationship is 3 for adventurer/champion tiers and 4 at epic tier. (The talents/spells I could think to check all read "add a point up to your normal maximum".) I'm not sure that needs to be specified in the sheet programming, however, as rules could later be written to change that.