RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Feedback & User Resources > Questions and Site Discussions
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 05-09-2016, 01:03 PM
I'm a Helper!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15739
Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom Ion2Atom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera View Post
Ion is correct.
I'm going to enshrine this and reference it out of context as much as possible from here on out.
Old 05-09-2016, 01:21 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2709
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
Touch of evil, sorcerer 7th level spell. One of the options is:
Eye of the demon
Choose any two features you want. For the rest of this day, all your icon relationships disappear and are replaced by an identical number of conflicted points with a villainous icon (preferably one that is demonic).
(This is from the SRD. In the core books it specifies the Diabolist.) It has no limitation on the number of dice used other than your total icon relationship dice. For some builds, that can be huge!
Old 05-09-2016, 01:41 PM
to a different tune

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38222
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Kanly, personally as a GM I'd take that to mean you can have the same number of relationships with villainous Icons as you currently have relationships, not that you suddenly get all five points in one Icon. But that's my interpretation, choosing not to let it break the Icon mechanic, and other GMs might think differently. But that'd be one reason not to program in a limit like that.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:09 PM
Wayward Zephyr

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2709
kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly kanly
With the srd I would agree,but in the core rules I believe that they specifically say the diabolist.
Old 05-15-2016, 12:25 PM
to a different tune

Tools
User Statistics
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
More random notes:
  • AC/MD/PD could use a miscellaneous box for magic bonuses and other unique modifiers. I've got my "base" AC listed as 15* at the moment, meaning 14+1 magic armor.
  • Could we get initiative split out from the Mod+Level? I know it might break your lovely formatting to ask, but there's a feat Improved Initiative, just like in Pathfinder, which adds a modifier. I think there could be other misc mods as well, but I can't think of any specifics off the top of my head. Personally I'd put it where "Save Bonus" is, because that's a really uncommon thing, whereas initiative is every combat.
  • Forget my comment about the Small bonus. It doesn't seem like there'd be a good place to put it, and most races are Medium. The few that aren't (halflings, gnomes, customized) can figure out a place to list the bonus against AoO. (I put it under class features since I had room.)
  • Additional lines for attacks, yes, same format. I would say four to six more, preferably with checkboxes to hide when not in use (like the Pathfinder sheet). We can carry a number of weapons both melee and ranged, with specific weapons dealing different damage and with class features/talents/powers affecting some. (See my 'Powers & Spells' section in the sheet below.)
  • I really dislike checkboxes/radio buttons everywhere (as I see Osse is pushing for). The generic sheet provided for 13th Age doesn't have anything like it. Icon relationships are just labeled 2+ or something to that effect. Feats really don't need to be marked A/C/E because by default, the first four are adventurer-tier, the next three are champion (unless you have a particularly good reason to pick something less), etc. Backgrounds are just labeled +5 appropriately. Of course, whatever you decide with our conflicting opinions is fine by me.
  • There are actually seven incremental advance options, the one missing is "Additional Talent" which not everyone has access to. It could easily be included as an extension of "Power / Spell" without breaking the lovely sheet layout.
  • I'm a fan of room to write details in the appropriate section (elaborating on Icon Relationships near where I wrote 2+, etc), but if this is the easiest layout for the sheet, I can keep all my notes in the Other section. Just my preference.
  • Could you swap the "degree"/points column under Icons with the radio buttons if we must have them? Across the rules the relationships are referred to the same way, always 2+ or 3- but never +2.
  • Random note: when you click on the field to enter gold pieces, it's black text on black background instead of the black text on image that shows when you're not in the field. This makes typos dastardly hard to fix.

Old 05-15-2016, 10:53 PM
Likes tai chi & chai tea

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11877
driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood driftwood
I like it - thanks for the effort!
Old 05-15-2016, 10:56 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 25626
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
I plan to find time during the week this coming week to address the issues so far.
Old 05-30-2016, 01:20 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched Birched
Seriously this time! I'm going to update the sheet over the next day or two. I will remove the check boxes for +/-, so please move that information to a neighbouring text field to ease your transition .
Old 06-09-2016, 11:01 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
Fair warning: please save the 'degree' and +/- box contents, as well as your melee and ranged #s, somewhere else on your sheet (notes?) as those fields have been renamed and won't pop up with your saved contents.

I have some nitpicking to do with regards to the layout, but a new sheet is around the corner. I'd hoped to do it tonight, but ... real life!
Old 06-10-2016, 12:01 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
Next version of sheet is up. A bit more whitespace, which I don't love, but it was hard to accommodate all the 'check box for more' within the basic design we use. I abandoned the basic layout more and more as time went on, though....

You will probably need to clear your cache to use it properly, as the css and js files have changed without changing name. Changed the file names -- should just work.

EDIT: also apologies to Aethera and others in advance, who I know would really like to have had the icons and backgrounds higher up.
Old 06-11-2016, 02:34 PM
to a different tune

Tools
User Statistics
It looks great, Birched, thanks! Would it be asking too much to have the Initiative Mod+Level box auto-populate from the Dex+level field? It looks like it was supposed to (assuming the shape of the field means what I think it means) but it doesn't, or at least mine did not.
Old 06-11-2016, 05:53 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera View Post
It looks great, Birched, thanks! Would it be asking too much to have the Initiative Mod+Level box auto-populate from the Dex+level field? It looks like it was supposed to (assuming the shape of the field means what I think it means) but it doesn't, or at least mine did not.
Looks like I set it to autocalculate when dex was changed, but not when the level was changed. I have fixed that. Does it work as expected for you now?
Old 06-11-2016, 06:54 PM
to a different tune

Tools
User Statistics
Appears to, thanks! I cannot thank you enough for all you've done with this, and on relatively short notice.
Old 06-14-2016, 08:18 PM
Orange Pirate
Good People

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7794
Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse Osse
Hello again. Don't mind the whitespace. The sheet looks great once you start filling it in, even for classes that don't have as much features as the others.

I've found a glitch in one part:

Everything I write on the text box below the background names disappear, whenever the page is refreshed. I save beforehand, of course.
Old 06-14-2016, 09:56 PM
hold onto that spark

Tools
User Statistics
Should be fixed now. Thanks for pointing that out.