Notices

Old 03-02-2019, 07:17 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 155
mpls mpls
Basic Fantasy Character Sheet

Total newbie here. I noticed that there are a number of character sheets available in the Profiler, but a Basic Fantasy sheet is not among them. The BF character sheet is very simple, and I am wondering if anyone here has any experience using a character sheet that is pretty much just a blank sheet of paper with a few notes on it. Perhaps more specifically, does everyone here use the Profiler, or do y'all every just keep your character sheets in your game's thread?

Gary Elf Fighter Armor Class 17
Level 1 Hit Points 6
XP 10 Next: 2,000 Attack Bonus + 1
STR 16 (+2) Death/Poison 12
INT 9 Wands 13
WIS 8 (-1) Para/Stone 14
DEX 13 (+1) Dragon Breath 15
CON 13 (+1) Spells 17
CHA 11 Money 15 GP

Last edited by mpls; 03-02-2019 at 07:21 PM. Reason: grammar
Old 03-03-2019, 03:46 PM
to a different tune

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38222
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
Hi there, mpls.

A lot of people use the Profiler, but that's for the games which have character sheets. Anything else usually makes a text-based sheet like the one you just typed up, or depending on the game, spreadsheets, PDFs, and other options. I don't think there has been a demand for Basic Fantasy to date, which is why our very busy coders haven't attempted to get one set up. Unfortunately when we're volunteers, we have to work around our own schedules.

I'd say your best bet is the table in a game thread somewhere. Most GMs post a Characters thread just for each character to be listed, that'd probably be where I'd put it, potentially in secret text if you desire to keep your scores hidden.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:06 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 155
mpls mpls
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aethera View Post
I'd say your best bet is the table in a game thread somewhere. Most GMs post a Characters thread just for each character to be listed, that'd probably be where I'd put it, potentially in secret text if you desire to keep your scores hidden.
Thanks! That sounds perfect. I was debating shoe-horning the BF sheet into, say, a 5e sheet. But I'm glad to hear that people would be fine just keeping them in the thread.
Old 03-04-2019, 09:47 AM
to a different tune

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 38222
Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera Aethera
For something we don't have on hand, I don't think anyone would mind. (Provided you teach them the table code...)

Last edited by Aethera; 03-04-2019 at 09:47 AM.
Old 03-04-2019, 05:25 PM
*woof*

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6143
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
I would suggest a 3.5 or PF sheet.
It has more of an 'open' layout. Editable skill list and large tracts of blank lines.

-me