RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Feedback & User Resources > Questions and Site Discussions
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 01-12-2010, 02:34 PM
*woof*

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6194
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
Site/Forum Questions Ask General Questions HERE

Please ask any questions about the site, how to use the forums, and posting questions here.

If you have questions pertaining to the RP system rules, please post them in either Game Rules, Houserules, or the DM Screen as appropriate.

-me
Old 01-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 133
RaineAndrews RaineAndrews
I opened two games awhile back, and both suffered PC drop outs. Do I PM someone to close these threads, or fill out a request form? Do they auto archive after a set period of inactivity?
Old 01-17-2010, 07:16 AM
Dread Necro Dog

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10898
Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus Sedracus
We no longer archive games - you can just leave them be.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:14 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
WALLŲW
So.... how does one create a character?
Old 01-19-2010, 01:15 PM
Wyrmling

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
WALLŲW
or how does one join a game also lol
Old 01-19-2010, 01:30 PM
*woof*

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6194
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
Character: http://www.rpgcrossing.com/showthread.php?t=93888

Game: goto DMs Seeking Players and apply to games there.

-me
Old 01-19-2010, 07:00 PM
What's up, beaches?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26124
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
I'm the DM for Keepers of the Dales and I have a question regarding Categories...

The FAQ says:
Quote:
You can change the names of categories, and add categories, to games you're the DM of. Click the Manage Categories button towards the bottom of the Game Tools drop-down and follow the instructions.
and
Quote:
When in your forum, go to Game Tools. Click on the "Manage Categories" radio button, and then on "Perform Action". The categories in the list there are, in order, the categories that can be used for threads in your game.
... but when I click the Game Tools drop-down-box, there is no "Manage Categories" button.

Is there another Game Tools option that I should be looking for or am I experiencing a problem?
Old 01-19-2010, 07:41 PM
She Whispers, Loneliness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11768
Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis
@ Mad_gondsman, it appears this is a carry-over from the previous incarnation of DNDOG. I don't think that is an active feature any longer. I think it could be if the community wanted it bad enough. I can take a look in to the guts of things and see if it's something that can be simply turned on or off. It may have been turned off as superfluous.
Old 01-19-2010, 07:55 PM
What's up, beaches?

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 26124
mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman mad_gondsman
Thank you!

I've noticed that games that were created after mine have some sort of category function... unless I'm misunderstanding something. Perhaps I asked the wrong question!

For example, the threads marked here as [Game Thread], [OOC], etc.

Thanks for your help...

Last edited by mad_gondsman; 01-19-2010 at 07:56 PM.
Old 01-19-2010, 09:32 PM
She Whispers, Loneliness

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11768
Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis Securis
Ahh, yes, categories have to be turned on manually for each game forum. Is it that you would like these categories turned on? For a small fee, ever so infinitesimal, I can get that done for you. Okay, the lawyers are telling me that if I charge you for it there could be some....problems. It's actually free. Let me know.
Old 01-21-2010, 08:54 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18
undefind
hi,

i posted in the new members area asking for a solo game for newbs, and i was wondering if i had to have the 3 posts minimum in order for someone to PM me or qualify to start playing.

thanks
Old 01-21-2010, 10:13 PM
*hums*
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 143
Sorator Sorator
Well, I don't believe so, but you have 6 posts at this time anyway, so in your case it doesn't matter.
Old 01-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 18
undefind
I had another question.

How long does it usually take before a DM will start a solo quest for you after it is requested? Not trying to be pesky, just wondering if I did or typed something that got me ignored.
Old 01-21-2010, 11:03 PM
Spicy Meatball
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7198
JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob JayRob
Hi, undefind. The NPSG DM's answer requests in the order that they were received. Currently, the wait is at approximately two weeks. Be patient, and I'm sure someone will pick you up for an NPSG sometime in the near future.
Old 01-22-2010, 04:46 AM
Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 191
gatherer818 gatherer818
I think this is the right place to ask this. I noticed on the site FAQs and rules list that it always mentions that you don't need any outside programs to play on the site. If I wanted to open a game that DOES require outside programs (specifically MapTools), as long as I made players aware of this during recruitment, could I do so? Or would I need to take it off to another site? This one seems the best, and MUCH better than my own personal freeforums.org forum.