Other Black Flags in the Ghoul Stars (Rogue Trader) - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook facebook
0 5 6 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Sep 1st, 2022, 01:27 AM
Let there be fire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 4611
Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks Seeks
Tis my xeno's MO, Pseudenim. o7
Old Sep 1st, 2022, 09:47 AM
Very Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1722
EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae EmmaRae
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadOnTheInternet View Post
Great, I do have a few questions:

1: A Hunting Rifle is a starting weapon choice for Arch-Militants, but there doesn't seem to be stats for it anywhere in the book.
2: When Arch-Militants select a "class" of weapons for their Weapon Master ability, do they mean Las-SP-Bolt-etc. or Pistol-Basic-Heavy?
3: Does an Arch-Militant's Weapon Master ability apply to Starship weapons if they line (Say, plasma master firing a Ryza battery)
4: Why can't I remember what #4 was?
5: Per the sidebar on page 15, you get a bonus Talented (Any) talent if you get the same talent twice during CharGen. Would Melee Training (Primitive) count as a duplicate if you're already getting Universal Melee training? It's not the same talent, but it overlaps.
1) The Hunting Rifle never made it in due to a misprint, and it's a common enough question that the internet just pulled the stats from the Hunting Rifle in RT's sister game Dark Heresy. The stats Hotshot provided are those stats.

2) Per the Errata (which I have linked in the first page), the weapon classes are Melee, Thrown, Pistol, Basic, and Heavy.

3) No, because 2

4) Unsure, please see your local priest for possible brain daemons

5) No, because oddly enough Universal does not cover Primitive (only Chain, Shock, and Power [Melee Weapon Training talent description, p. 103]). If it was for a group that fell under Universal, then I would say yes.

ALSO!!!

Ive got a table of all our current applicants up on the Second post. Let me know if you disagree with my assessments in it, and let me know if things are actually complete or if I have a wrong path or something.

Last edited by EmmaRae; Sep 1st, 2022 at 01:22 PM.
Old Sep 1st, 2022, 04:30 PM
Servant To The Omnissiah

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 214
RWBY2019 RWBY2019 RWBY2019
Name:Azrael (her old name when she actively was supervised by the cult was Viancul Thor-Kuss she has long since forgotten this name and will not respond to it)

Unofficial title: she was given this by her salamander buddy's. Azrael of world Nocturne and forage master to the Salamanders

Race: human

Career: Tech Priest (i'm willing to drop the origin path to keep the Career as it is out of Dark Heresy)

Former Career: Tech priest Forge Master for the Salamanders (finally found some pdfs and figured out somethings)

Origin Path:Homeworld born on Holy Terra (imperial world) --> savant (birthright) --> zealot (lure of the void) --> Dark Voyage (Trials and Travails) --> Pride (Motovation)

Goal: Azrael aspires to one day find a piece of lost tech to give to the Salamanders, so as to repay the several hundred year debt she owes to them for all their kindness

I hope this was sufficient

i found a concrete tech priest career here are it's things

GM of

Last edited by RWBY2019; Sep 2nd, 2022 at 05:40 PM.
Old Sep 1st, 2022, 04:57 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 21036
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaRae View Post
Character Name Player Name Career Path Race Completion
Fetch hafrogman Void Master Human Incomplete
Quote:
let me know if things are actually complete
I believe Fetch is complete. Let me know if there's anything missing, or what else you'd like to know/see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBY2019 View Post
Origin Path: ... (I assume this to be a plan for the characters development if I'm wrong tell me please)
Origin Path is part of the Rogue Trader character creation system. Like picking your Home World in Dark Heresy, but with more steps.

Last edited by hafrogman; Sep 1st, 2022 at 04:58 PM.
Old Sep 1st, 2022, 05:05 PM
Servant To The Omnissiah

Tools
User Statistics
@hafrogman- thx i will adjust accordingly

GM of
Old Sep 1st, 2022, 07:16 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1729
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
@Rwby2019

Origin Path

Its more than fluff and impacts your characters stats etc. This game allows one free row but you will need to back track from your chosen career to choose a path you are OK with unless there is more flexibility with the Motivation row as a free choice.

Not sure how close this is to the core rules: https://roguetraderambition.obsidian...in-birthrights

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.
Old Sep 1st, 2022, 07:55 PM
Servant To The Omnissiah

Tools
User Statistics
lol i realized that been trying to figure everything out as im not too familiar with this rule set type so bit of learning so thanks for all the help those of you who understand the rules are giving

GM of
Old Sep 1st, 2022, 10:56 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 95
MadOnTheInternet
Quote:
5) No, because oddly enough Universal does not cover Primitive (only Chain, Shock, and Power [Melee Weapon Training talent description, p. 103]). If it was for a group that fell under Universal, then I would say yes.
Wait, really? So all those starting packages that offer a best-craftsmanship primitive weapon or a lower quality chain or power weapon are traps because lack of proficiency nukes whatever WS bonus the weaker weapon gives you?

And some of these classes don't even offer WP(Primitive) at the start.

RT: "Universal"
Inigo Montoya: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Also, boo errata reclassing the assault stubber as heavy. I suppose it's an obvious misprint, but one hassle too many to use it.
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 12:36 AM
WotC can bite me

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7513
Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64 Solitaire64
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuedenim View Post
Thanks psuedenim, those are helpful links for those of us w/o rulebooks.

In Rogue Trader, if one of the 5 Origin choices has an xp cost associated with it, are those not allowed, or do new PCs start w/ xp for purposes of character creation?

- I have taken the Oath of Sangus!
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 01:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman hafrogman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solitaire64 View Post
do new PCs start w/ xp for purposes of character creation?
500 xp
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 01:20 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1729
psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim psuedenim
@Solitaire64. that link has custom paths so if it costs XP or the name is not on the Origin Path pdf link then ignore it.

[COLOR="Gray"]
[I]The things you find on the internet whilst looking for a summary of the origins - Into the Storm MODERATOR NOTE: LINK REMOVED. DO NOT POST COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL ON RPGX!

Ski Season is coming up and whilst I have every intention to still be here stuff happens. NPC me as soon as you need to.

Last edited by Wynamoinen; Sep 2nd, 2022 at 01:36 PM. Reason: copyright violation removed
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 01:49 PM
Servant To The Omnissiah

Tools
User Statistics
can I select a talent at first level ore do I only have the ones I start with at first rank

my previously played systems like pathfinder gives feat at first level but i'm curious if this system does the same for talents

GM of
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 01:59 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by psuedenim View Post
if it costs XP or the name is not on the Origin Path pdf link then ignore it.
The Origin Path diagram shown is the version from the core rules. There is an expanded version in Into the Storm where each square has two or more options inside it. Most (everything except the Home Worlds, I think) of the options from that book do have an XP cost associated. They give more benefits, but eat up some of the 'free' 500xp starting characters get (Page 30 of the Core Book).
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBY2019 View Post
can I select a talent at first level one do I only have the ones I start with at first rank
You get what your Origin Path and the 'Starting' entry of your Career Path give you. If there's a talent overlap (between two squares, or Origin and Career) you get a specific talent (called Talented).
Anything else would have to come out of the 500xp mentioned above. But it would have to be listed on your Rank 1 Career Advances table. Anything else would fall under the category of 'Elite Advances' and would have to be directly negotiated with the GM, and probably be out of cost range at this point.

Last edited by hafrogman; Sep 2nd, 2022 at 02:02 PM.
Old Sep 2nd, 2022, 02:07 PM
Servant To The Omnissiah

Tools
User Statistics
@hafrogman - Aight i'll have to look into that and cross check my career with with the origin path i have as Rogue trader is the sister rule set to dark heresy where my tech priest Career comes from thank you for the info and help as i'm getting into the finalization of my character

GM of

Last edited by RWBY2019; Sep 2nd, 2022 at 02:20 PM.
Old Sep 3rd, 2022, 07:39 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3673
Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum Ursinorum
App should be done (feedback welcome), sorta working on the sheet.

But gonna be away until Thursday, might read, not sure I can post-post.

Last edited by Ursinorum; Sep 3rd, 2022 at 07:39 AM.