PF-1e Tides of Time: A High-Level Campaign - Page 8 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook facebook
0 5 6 5
... raised for charity!
: +

Notices

Old Sep 21st, 2022, 11:34 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5552
prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100 prometheous100
Posting Interest: App secret until it's done

Last edited by prometheous100; Sep 26th, 2022 at 04:03 PM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 12:13 AM
Paladin Extraordinaire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8603
Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis Maghnuis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ermine View Post
So I'm realizing I may be the Face and Melee of the group. I don't remember seeing either of those. Which is fine, since I'll be good at them in any form.
Toshi is also Face and Melee. No problem with having more than one.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 12:17 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3808
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
Not a problem at all. Someone to help the other accomplish both killing and talking.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 12:32 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13799
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Yea, Nassim is going to have over 300 skill points, so I can probably fill in for any empty spaces in the party skills.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 01:03 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5473
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
Ok, another person on FB in pathfinder group helped me out and this is what he said;

"Magic item creation is where you'll want to start. The cheapest option would be a 1/day, use activated item at minimum caster level.
Beast Shape II allows for a tiny animal to assume hawk form. This will require CL 7 for a 4th level spell so the cost for this item will be ((7 x 4 x 2,000gps)÷5)), the division of 5 is from the special adjustment for 1 use a day. Making this particular item worth 11,200gp and can be crafted for 5,600gp.
This item could be anything as far as I know but generally, items that offer polymorph effects tend to be belt, shoulders or back items.
Since its minimum caster level (CL 7), it's duration is 7 minutes."

So, using an armband for the magical item. Using CL20, so it would be 32,000gps cost and able to use 20 mins a day. Does this sound right?
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 01:07 AM
Pretty cool Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 13799
SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom SpatulaOdoom
Chaincomplex, do you already have a forum for the game? We might want to have this sort of mechanics part of character creation discussion there if you do. All the stuff here might be bordering on spam. (Yes, I am aware that I'm contributing to it)

EDIT: Using that methodology, my immediate interest is creating a vest or armor that grants continuous Particulate Form (182k for continuous/use activated).

Last edited by SpatulaOdoom; Sep 22nd, 2022 at 01:11 AM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 08:47 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3808
Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine Ermine
...I think I may be the tankiest one, too, with 256 HP and AC 33. I'm not used to that.

But I mean, being in particulate form is probably a better bet for safety.

Last edited by Ermine; Sep 22nd, 2022 at 09:14 AM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 10:49 AM
Lanthanoid

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 32907
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
I have 423 (+20 temporary) hp. You do have me beat by a point on AC, though.

My character has a lot of random talents, but he's mainly just an unkillable annoyance.

Last edited by Ytterbium; Sep 22nd, 2022 at 10:50 AM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 03:00 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 592
AmieGamer AmieGamer AmieGamer AmieGamer AmieGamer AmieGamer
Have another question, while I try to get this application going! How strictly do you want us to enforce aging effects? Trying to settle on the details of my background and decide whether or not I need to account for that...
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 03:28 PM
Flower of Everything!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 7537
ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63 ricktur63
My sheet turned out very well. I’m tickled with all of the feats he has available for use. He is a grappler blind fighting master as well as a bull rusher. With his strength blessing those checks shouldn’t be an issue. There was one feat requirement I allotted for it but I can’t find any text for it. It was one of the requirements for the master style feat possibly blinded precision? I don’t have my information in front of me here at work. He is a healer with pretty good unarmed damage. 2d10+15 full attack flurry of blows gives him 7 attacks.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 04:05 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
I'm either doing something really right or really wrong, because I have no idea how you're all having so much cash sitting around that you can drop 184,800 on truesight goggles -- which are, of course, awesome, but that ticket price is spicy!

Last edited by AmieGamer; Sep 22nd, 2022 at 04:06 PM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 05:15 PM
Lanthanoid

Tools
User Statistics
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieGamer View Post
I'm either doing something really right or really wrong, because I have no idea how you're all having so much cash sitting around that you can drop 184,800 on truesight goggles -- which are, of course, awesome, but that ticket price is spicy!
There's no right or wrong. It's whatever you want to have!

Speaking for my character, he is a kineticist with no home and no friends or followers. It would be out of character for him to have full +6/+6/+6 ability boost belts and headbands (I only boosted DEX, CON, and WIS), he doesn't need armor beyond a set of bracers, and while I did blow roughly 100k on a dagger, that's basically it for weapons. I also couldn't buy him both a ring of protection and a ring of freedom of movement because I thought it was funnier for him to have a ring of sustenance.

That's a lot of money saved right there, thus I was done shopping with 200k left (before I bought the goggles). It'd be completely different if I was doing a standard race fighter or caster; I could easily blow through way more than 880k that way.

Last edited by Ytterbium; Sep 22nd, 2022 at 05:23 PM.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 05:38 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ytterbium View Post
There's no right or wrong. It's whatever you want to have!

Speaking for my character, he is a kineticist with no home and no friends or followers. It would be out of character for him to have full +6/+6/+6 ability boost belts and headbands (I only boosted DEX, CON, and WIS), he doesn't need armor beyond a set of bracers, and while I did blow roughly 100k on a dagger, that's basically it for weapons. I also couldn't buy him both a ring of protection and a ring of freedom of movement because I thought it was funnier for him to have a ring of sustenance.

That's a lot of money saved right there, thus I was done shopping with 200k left (before I bought the goggles). It'd be completely different if I was doing a standard race fighter or caster; I could easily blow through way more than 880k that way.
Makes sense. Kin is also a neat class in that you have about 80 zillion HP and so can probably spend a little lighter on defensive features in the well-founded belief that you can just tank more problem with your face! On the other hand, it's entirely possible that my efforts to have counterplays against as many terrible things that can happen at L20 as possible would make the paranoia-meter go ping.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 05:44 PM
Lanthanoid

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmieGamer View Post
On the other hand, it's entirely possible that my efforts to have counterplays against as many terrible things that can happen at L20 as possible would make the paranoia-meter go ping.
My character wouldn't care about this, so I'm forcing myself not to think about all the bad things that could happen. If I'm accepted, we'll see how well that goes.
Old Sep 22nd, 2022, 07:05 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5473
Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34 Seekr34
423 hps? WOW. Drake has 286, and ac of 30.

Goggles of true seeing. Hmm, that's something that can be useful. I have a few items I can't use at once, can see which one I can do without and then get the goggles. Like the rings, take one ring off and put on ring of feather fall when climbing, just in case, just switch out rings when the situation calls for it. Having winged boots though, I can get get rid of the ring of feather fall, As warrior type and rogue, I of course took the +6 belt and +6 headband.