DnD35e Checking for interest in Divine campaign - Page 2 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Recruiting, Solos and Open Gaming > Advertisements > Games Seeking Players
twitter facebook mastodon bluesky

Notices

Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:29 PM
Merc for hire

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 0
DemonWraith
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison
OOH!! I just got an idea.

How about you allow each of the different dieties to play DM for a party. Each diety would use that party (of players, not NPCs) to try and spread their patron's influence. The parties could be completely independent of each other, or may even combat each other if they feel the need. All this would be monitored and directed by one or more big DMs who give advice on the world and make sure things with the dieties and players stay balanced. This would offer a great variety of combat while still maintaining the origional concept with the dieties. What do you think?
Excellent idea, shame it won't let me give you RPXP

Yes.None of us have ever tampered with the fundamental natural order when bored.That would be wrong - Vaarsuvius

Last edited by DemonWraith; Sep 26th, 2005 at 08:30 PM.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:32 PM
Kobold Fetish

Tools
User Statistics
Seduul
Well, sounds like my kind of campaign. And lately I haven't been seeing much things on the line of my kind of campaign. So mark me down as highly interested!

Also, I'd say that level 25-30 would probably be the best. That way, when we get into battles, we won't be SO overpowered that victory only lies with whoever gets the first initiative.

I'd like to be playing the CE deity of undeath! Necromancy is just so cool...
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:39 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Natasha
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
That way, we were those who created the world, but under the authority of a deity overlord. Maybe the world would even be the playground of the lesser deities, there are other worlds were more advanced gods play.
Are we doing that? I think that would allow greatest flexibility. In that case, I'd say an archipelago with 3 major islands.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dawn of Worlds.pdf (830.2 KB, 75 views)

Last edited by Natasha; Sep 26th, 2005 at 09:27 PM.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Noodle User

Tools
User Statistics
Tensaiga
The problem with all these great ideas is the amount of people needed; This is incredibly appealing and incredibly ambitious, but it is also incredibly hard to organize. We would need Me(The overdiety), 8 normal deitys, as well as 32 or so players, 4 for each deity. It sounds incredible, the equivilent of a MMDnD, but where can we get 40 people who are all active and interested?
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:54 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Natasha
Easily. We have the 8 deities, I think all of us can probably find 3-4 players. If they can't, that's their problem.

I think everyone who's interested should post some deity information, then we should use Dawn of Worlds to make the world, then figure the rest out later.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Non-conformist

Tools
User Statistics
Poison
Well, we already have four or five people who are interested in playing dieties and who have posted here. Each diety could make their own thread in the looking for players thread recruit their own followers. This way, the parties won't be tied to each other when starting and we won't be rushed when selecting quality players. The levels and limits will all be decided before the positions are advertised as to keep everything equal.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 08:58 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Natasha
Exactly my point poison.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 09:07 PM
Non-conformist

Tools
User Statistics
Poison
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natasha
I think everyone who's interested should post some deity information, then we should use Dawn of Worlds to make the world, then figure the rest out later.
I'm looking through Dawn of Worlds right now, and it seems like a good idea. If all the dieties have AIM, or a similar messanger, we can use that to facilitate the creation process.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 09:16 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Natasha
There are seven people who have expressed their interest already. Seven!
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Young Adult Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
drogendnd
Eight
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 09:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Natasha
Ok, 8 then. We're already full. Tensaiga, you should request the game, we should each make a profile and start the Dawn of Worlds thing. The only thing is, you'll need some way to have the map.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 09:26 PM
Non-conformist

Tools
User Statistics
Poison
Well, how big will the map be? How many continents will we be starting with? How many of the nine of us want to take place in the shaping of the world? When can everyone do it, will we do it by posts here or some other way?
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 09:28 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Natasha
Quote:
Originally Posted by me
That way, we were those who created the world, but under the authority of a deity overlord. Maybe the world would even be the playground of the lesser deities, there are other worlds were more advanced gods play.
Are we doing that? I think that would allow greatest flexibility. In that case, I'd say an archipelago with 3 major islands.
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Juvenile Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
arrow
Can I play a follower of a the LG or NG goddess or god?
Old Sep 26th, 2005, 09:41 PM
Noodle User

Tools
User Statistics
Tensaiga
>_>;; Jesus christ we move fast here. There are still a lot of details about the deities that I need to work out. Although, I will add more room for flexibility since I will be the true neutral "overgod". Simply put, if you abuse anything then I smite your ass back to the stoneage XD. Although it is nice that way, as an Overgod realisticly has no contact nor wish to contact with the mortals under the Gods, just the Gods themselves.

If you wish to be a god, PM me with a "general" idea of what type of god, what alignment, what you stand for, some possible domains you would like...Basically, fluff about your Godly self. Alignment is 1 of each type, and its first come first serve so pick your alignment fast. You may want to send your alignment by itself first to me so you can reserve it. Once I get 8 gods confirmed, I will set up an AIM or orther form of chatroom so we can "dawn of worlds" this puppy.