RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old Apr 30th, 2012, 11:36 AM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 30719
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
Taree smiled. The mist-man did what he hoped.

Still a foot off the ground, Taree swooped To A-B 19-20clear across the arena, came out of the ether, pulled out his bow, and fired one shot back at the mist.

OOCI'm assuming it went right through you, but just in case, the arrow hit AC 36 for 15 damage.

Taree has returned to the Material Plane.

Last edited by Ytterbium; Apr 30th, 2012 at 11:40 AM.
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 04:04 PM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1700
Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney
Laeric pursues the giant to his new now covering B:19-20 as well as A:17-19, -A:16-17, C:19location; the arrow passing harmlessly through the ashen mist.
Settling again on the materialized warrior, the shadowy wisps again cling and begin penetrating the giant.

OOC
damage = 14 (magic & chaotic)
fort vs DC28 or nauseated
any casting or activity requiring concentration requires a concentration check DC28

Here's a map for that side of the arena from a past match...
http://www.rpgcrossing.com/attachmen...6&d=1334618371

I paint sometimes too. My most recent work is on the cover of Explosive Runes #18.

Last edited by Fil kearney; Apr 30th, 2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old Apr 30th, 2012, 11:16 PM
Magic Missile: Darkness!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2149
Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador
The crowd cheers with glee as the giant thunders around the Arena, pursued by the frustrating (and damaging) mist.

OOCUpdated the map for you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Laeric - Taree Round X.png
Views:	14
Size:	872.6 KB
ID:	51448  
Old May 1st, 2012, 03:06 AM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney Fil kearney
Laeric is done for the round.
I paint sometimes too. My most recent work is on the cover of Explosive Runes #18.
Old May 1st, 2012, 09:48 PM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium Ytterbium
OOCHey Fil, real life has punched me in the face like I'm one of Taree's deer, and I'm being yanked away tonight. I'll be able to get a post up tomorrow evening (I'm GMT-5, so about 24 hours from now). Sorry for the delay.
Old May 2nd, 2012, 09:43 PM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
Barely keeping the contents of his stomach down, Taree retreats M-N 7-8back to the opposite corner of the arena. Glaring angrily at the hurtey mist-man, Taree, unsure of what else he can do, escapes back to the gray place.

OOCTaree took 14 points of damage but made his save.
He has gone ethereal again. Sorry to be a wimp, but he doesn't have any way to harm you or any other way to dodge you!

Old May 3rd, 2012, 02:02 AM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
drifting in pursuit, Laeric covering M6-M9, n9-n10, & L6-L7settles in again awaiting the return of his opponent.

ooc
If Taree has a finite # of rounds, perhaps it's better to concede before everyone can gauge your ability than exhaust everything and still lose. Laeric's mist ability is measured in hours... so I am probably going to win eventually.

Last edited by Fil kearney; May 3rd, 2012 at 02:02 AM.
Old May 3rd, 2012, 09:44 AM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
OOCHours!? That's impressive! Taree is stupid enough to exhaust everything before losing, but yeah, he can't stay ethereal for quite that long, so it seems inevitable. I concede!

Well played! I've never seen anything like this before, and I'd love to know what you did.
Old May 4th, 2012, 07:38 PM
Magic Missile: Darkness!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2149
Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador Lormador
OOC

Old May 4th, 2012, 10:18 PM
Lanthanide

Tools
User Statistics
OOCI don't think so. That's how I pictured it.
Old May 5th, 2012, 05:12 AM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
OOC
Yes.
Old May 21st, 2012, 03:45 PM
Valor Morgahlis

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 11976
Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies Eviltedzies
The deadly mist that is Laeric ever so slowly whittles away at the mighty Taree's energy. Despite Taree's best efforts none of his abilities seem to be able to thwart the chilling assault. The crowd watches at first with intermingled roars of laughter, boos, and roars for more blood as the scene would almost be called comical.

As the fight drags on the laughter dies down and is replaced with more booing and cheers for a bloody end. A poor imp who was returning with drinks for it's master is soon screaming in the air as an angry audience member hurls it to it's death against the invisible prismatic wall. The sentiment is echoed by many others in the audience as they hurl rotten food and other scraps at the wall.

In the end Taree is finally overcome with the chill of death and falls lifeless to the ground with one last frozen gasp of life. The brutes death causes a brief hush to fall over the crowd before the master of games waves his gauntleted fist and the floating pedestal descends to ground level. The audience erupts with a mixture of cheering, yelling, and boos. All the sounds intermingle into a chorus as Laeric's doors clang open. Many lost their bets on the giant that was Taree and those who bet on Laeric came out handsomely. The more magically studied of the crowds give Laeric appluase at his efficient and tactful victory or at the very least have their mentally dominated servants do it for them.

Last edited by Eviltedzies; May 21st, 2012 at 08:39 PM.
Old May 21st, 2012, 08:14 PM
Magically Malicious
Former Staff

Tools
User Statistics
The wisps of ash condense until Laeric stands as a man once again, crouching to check the vitals on his fallen opponent.
Content with the lack of life, he rises and steps lightly to the presented weapon, which he lifts gingerly and admires it's quality.