RPG Crossing
twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 11-01-2018, 11:18 PM
Freelance Bum

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 924
TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone TheOneTrueClone
11th hour application!

Application
Name: Aleric Durand

Race: Breton

Class: Wizard

Background: Sage

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral

Description: Light brown, medium-length hair frames Aleric’s oval head. His eyes are bright and curious. A neatly trimmed beard and moustache grace the lower half of his his face. His body is thin, lacking any real definition. It is clear he has not spent much time on any physical activity. If it were nor for the claw scars on his left cheek, he would be entirely unremarkable.

Personality Traits: There’s nothing Aleric enjoys more than a good mystery. Is life itself not a mystery? It is always a pleasure to test ones mind.

Ideal: Nothing should fetter the infinite possibility inherent in all existence. No knowledge is evil. It is how a person uses that knowledge that should be judged.

Bond: Aleric has dedicate his life to the research of the soul. While some may frown upon the ethics of his work, he refuses to allow pathetic societal constraints like morals to hinder him.

Player Goals: To enjoy a RPG in one of my favorite fantasy settings. I’ve never gotten the chance to play more than a few minutes of Morrowind, but have always been interested by the story. I also enjoy more RP - heavy games, so I hope to get plenty of that in.

Character Goals: Unlock the secrets of life and death. Try to not get arrested while doing it.

Bio: Aleric Duran of Rivenspire was raised in luxury. His father was powerful, his family wealthy. Even better, he was the fourth son, so absolutely nothing was expected of him. He could spend his time however he pleased. While some would waste their time on frivolous activities, Aleric decided to learn. He informed his father of his desire for an education, and tutors were provided. In time, he outgrew them, and was sent off to university with his fathers blessing.

He thrived in the university setting. So many books and tomes to peruse. Knowledgable professors, experts in their fields, each one willing to share their knowledge with curious students. It was a dream come true. All he needed to do was choose a subject, and a wealth of information would be made available to him. Aleric learned much on various topics, including alchemy, history, arcane lore and enchantment. But the topic that truly interested him was souls. What summoned them into the world? What happened to them after death? Common knowledge said they went to Aetherius, if they weren’t trapped or destroyed. Yet how could one be sure? And could they be summoned back into their bodies after death? These and a thousand other questions need answered. This, he decided, would be his life’s work.

Yet there were some obstacles to this. In order to properly conduct his research, Aleric would have to practice necromancy. Which was highly illegal in High Rock. He doubted he could properly explain his work to the law, and his father’s influence would only go so far. So he began his research in secret, making several trips to the Crypt of Hearts. But that was a dangerous journey. After his third brush with death, Aleric ceased his investigations there. It was proving to be difficult to explain away his travels there anyway. At first, he was at a loss on how to continue. None of his professors would even mention the topic, save for soul trapping lesser creatures. Any books that could aid him were banned. If he wanted to continue his research, he would have to find another source of information.

The Arcane University in the Imperial City was the perfect choice. Necromancy wasn’t strictly illegal in Cyrodiil, even if it was heavily discouraged. And it was known to have the finest library in Tamriel. After graduation, Aleric made his way East with high hopes. A letter of recommendation from some of his former professors was enough to allow him access, and his study began anew. Alas, he soon grew frustrated once more. The problem is there is only so much one can learn in theory. He needed actual corpses to study. Preferably fresh ones.

That is where things began to go sour for Aleric. A mere three months into his research, he was discovered late one night in Green Emperor Way, robbing a grave. His passionate insistence on the importance of his work fell on deaf ears. Away to prison he went. They locked him away for months, with nothing to occupy his time. He may at one point began to study rats. His sentence was set for five years. If he had been forced to remain that long, he may well have gone mad. But something new was afoot. He was being taken to Morrowind, for what purpose he could not guess. This could aid him, oh yes. The dunmer are known to practice ancestor worship, including summoning relatives of the past. He could learn much there. Oh, this would be interesting.

Oath Taker
Old 11-02-2018, 02:29 PM
Level 30 Commoner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3288
Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255 Inuvash255
I've made my selections!

You all have made some great characters here, and I want to thank everyone for the effort and interest. I actually might have picked more people than I intended. If you see your name below, welcome to Morrowind, outlander!

ParzivalFair Ji'Tai
girlplay Kirstia Alarsen
Touketsu Aurelia Draxus
Grouchy Zemus Uthrel
JackinIrons Kormag gro-Dugol
Zwingli J'inn Arriz'torinaz
Old 11-02-2018, 05:38 PM
Mysterious Ice Ninja

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 782
Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu Touketsu
Excited to be a part of this game! Looking forward to meeting and playing with you all!
Old 11-04-2018, 09:12 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1625
Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s Ericg1s
If you don't need me, that's fine.