Notices

Old 03-16-2019, 01:12 AM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 129
PHIL 490 PHIL 490
New DM

Hi all, long time DM here and have some experience in PBPs. I have played since 1990 and love 2e AD&D. Look forward to meeting all of you thanks.
Old 03-16-2019, 02:27 AM
Khazad! Khazad Ai-menu!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2447
Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald Karhald
Welcome to the crossing!

Always happy to see more 2e players!
Old 03-16-2019, 04:05 AM
Wazdakka: King of Flames!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2687
Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers
Hello and welcome to the site!

Sounds like you bring a lot of experience with you.

What are your current go-to systems and what brings you to our little corner of the internet? (inb4 Choc).

I see nobody has recommended the New MemberPlayer Solo Game yet so I'll go ahead and do that. Although you've roleplayed since forever it's still a great way to learn the quirks of the PbP system and maybe get some PbP GM tips too if that's the way you're looking to go. There's a link in my signature as well as links to the other new member guides.

Happy gaming
Old 03-16-2019, 08:21 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 14750
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Welcome to the club chummer!

2e still has a vibrant following around these parts as Karhald has demonstrated. Still, it's younger brother, 5e, is the biggest game in town these days. I'd suggest giving it a shot if you haven't already done so. There's a reason it's number 1!

Any good stories to share from all your years of gaming?

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help you settle in!
<<Update >> Schedule is completely borked with no resolution in sight. I will be transitioning to mobile updates on breaks at work. I apologise in advance for any drop in post quality! Please poke me if I've missed anything, it's hard to stay as organized on mobile ~_~
Old 03-16-2019, 10:46 AM
The Methuselah of DnD

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 56662
Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk Admin Dirk
welcome!

there are some 2e fans and hardcore gamers here, always folks looking for a game or two. I'm from that era (before, actually), and still love the system, but I have had to move on to PF for my game fix. Hope you attract a ton of interest, and get in some great 2e games. Keep the fire alive!
Old 03-16-2019, 04:29 PM
Very Young Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 129
PHIL 490 PHIL 490
Thanks guys! I have a question though thanks. I posted a game to DM for, but forgot to edit the system, so it listed it as Pathfinder. However, I was able to edit it to 3.0, which is what I want, but will the game be approved with that change? Also how do I delete a game? My original post was approved, I think, but its for Pathfinder, which was my mistake to change. I am trying to learn this lol, many thanks
Old 03-16-2019, 09:31 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 3063
Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn Atrayn
Enjoy, Phil! Glad to have you.

Currently playing in West Marches: Westhaven; West Marches: Everlasting Unknown; and Hoard of the Dragon Queen DMing in West Marches: Westhaven
Old 03-17-2019, 05:20 AM
Wazdakka: King of Flames!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2687
Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers Lord Ruthers
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHIL 490 View Post
Thanks guys! I have a question though thanks. I posted a game to DM for, but forgot to edit the system, so it listed it as Pathfinder. However, I was able to edit it to 3.0, which is what I want, but will the game be approved with that change? Also how do I delete a game? My original post was approved, I think, but its for Pathfinder, which was my mistake to change. I am trying to learn this lol, many thanks
Hi Phil. Not sure how you do any of these things but I've flagged this up to the site admins on the Discord channel so hopefully someone will be in touch. Keep an eye on your inbox
Old 03-17-2019, 06:23 AM
breathsunflower450rainbow

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 19158
chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla chocoladevla
Goodmorning PHIL 490,

Awesome to read you are a very experienced player AND you are willing to DM us a Game. Checked behind the scenes and the 3.0 mechanics are the only mechanics mentioned. I am not in the 'approve tha game'-committee (hehe) but I can see that you applied, all that is needed is patience now ;-). (if you are impatient -> please consider becoming a Community Supporter)

Wondered, what is your favorite system? Pathfinder or 3.0????
And most important; welcome over here, hope you have fun