twitter facebook

Notices

Old 11-18-2019, 04:09 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 982
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager
The later posting is a blessing for me. A Friday Night deadline is much better than a Thursday Night one. I'm excited and planning away feverishly.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:35 AM
Master of Undeath

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 10762
Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul Yuul
Wow, those ingredients are harsh.

...and I don't have to contend with them!
Old 11-18-2019, 01:17 PM
Crushestro, Inc.

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 9081
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Finally had time to read through the judgments and take some notes for next round. I think that Melchior had some kind of direct link to my mind on ingredient insecurities. Pretty much the only thing he didn't bring up that I worried about was that I expected someone to take issue with my use of "Mouthy." I definitely didn't use the traditional definition, but I preferred my body-horror theme. My favorite line had to be this, though, about Yuul's hummingbird:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melchior
I have a hard time believe that the hummingbird will survive long enough to tell the party about the stone.
I got a hefty chuckle out of that!

I'm pretty nervous about going up against Auron-- he's been killing it this year! I feel like I've been doing alright, but I was on fire last year. In fact, I personally thought that I peaked in round 3 of last year's match with The Lost Text. A book of incredible power... a trip to the City of Brass... An immortal cut into 1001 pieces... And, of course... Fire in the Hole... huehuehuehuehue. Let's hope that I can muster that kind of quality this year!

Time to go looking and brainstorming on this round's ingredients.

EDIT: And I don't think I said this yet-- but I really would have loved the Serial Killer that targets dwarves for your adventure, Yuul. Maybe I'm just really in the horror/thriller mood, but that sounds like a really wonderful use of that ingredient!

Last edited by Unko Talok; 11-18-2019 at 01:18 PM.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:32 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 5478
GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT GeneT
Yeah, I'm with Drager about later posting. But I think this will be a week-long affair. I doubt I'll get it done for extra points rather than spending time to mull it over and have a more cohesive idea.......if that is possible in 7 days or less. Although, my kids come home this weekend and we have to celebrate Thanksgiving on Sunday.........so I still need to push for Saturday morning.......
Old 11-19-2019, 11:04 AM
Crushestro, Inc.

Tools
User Statistics
Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok Unko Talok
Agreed, the later posting is rough for me-- previous rounds I had basically all of Sunday to brainstorm things. Now getting those bonus points means that I've gotta do all of my writing during the work-week... And man I am struggling with these ingredients! I think I've got a plan forward, though. We'll see how it goes! I hope Auron is having just as hard a time!

I do want to say, though... if for some reason Drager has to forfeit the round and pushes GeneT to the championship by default, I kind of want to see me or Auron (whoever wins our match) forfeit the championship, just for the lulz. I don't think I would follow through on that plan... but I would be a tad tempted...

Last edited by Unko Talok; 11-19-2019 at 01:58 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 11:59 AM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
I with you Unko, on the first part, not the second.

I work Wed-Sat and can't really do much today since I'm changing out the ignition on my car and have an engagement this evening. As I work until 7pm, I figure a couple late nights to get it done.

If something happens to Drager it isn't my fault. I can't dance naked in my back yard around a fire burning elm and holly a third time. Getting arrested twice in one month is plenty enough for me. The iron benches in the jail are a might cold and hard to sleep on when wrapped in a wool blanket. Plus my neighbors have stopped talking to me, which all in all isn't bad but makes for a complicated holiday season.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:21 PM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 982
Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager Drager
I think I'll get the submission in fine. I've got it planned out and half-written. Actually putting more time into it this time. Planned the last one in my head, then foolishly wrote it all in 5 hours between 10 PM and 3 AM when I submitted.

Thursday is a terrible day for me to submit on, Friday is much gentler, so I should be OK. I hope. Of course, that doesn't take into account the opposition.

I'm really pleased with the concept I've got and all the ingredients just slotted themselves smoothly into place. I just hope that the hare brained nature of my mind translates into something fun for others.

Last edited by Drager; Yesterday at 07:32 AM.
Old 11-19-2019, 09:13 PM
Crushestro, Inc.

Tools
User Statistics
I think I'm becoming a broken record here, but DAMN these ingredients. I think I'm struggling with this more than the final last year... Ugh... I've got... something... we'll see if I can hammer it into something great!

Also, since Inem brought up that the judges have been generally kinder in their in-character jabs this year compared to some older years, I just want to say... I can take it!
Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM
Old Dragon

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 1772
Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991 Auron3991
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post
I hope Auron is having just as hard a time! .
No such luck. I had my story and each ingredient's place in it almost immediately. Now it's entirely up to hoping my work schedule gives me the time to type it up and that the judges enjoy the end result.
Old Yesterday, 10:25 AM
Crushestro, Inc.

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron
No such luck. I had my story and each ingredient's place in it almost immediately.
Just one question, then: How dare you?

Seriously, though, good luck and I hope your work schedule cooperates. And then I hope you lose!
Old Yesterday, 10:54 AM
Community Supporter

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 20165
Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros Imveros
Ugh, yeah I know how you all feel! It's so rough being well rested, with no anxiety, and hours and hours of free time.

It truly is a curse!
Old Yesterday, 02:43 PM
Crushestro, Inc.

Tools
User Statistics
Alrightee, Auron! Now you're in trouble! I've finally got my full rough-draft done, and I think it's got good bones. And I'm only 2100 words over the limit! HA!

I think things are almost always vastly improved as I edit out extraneous information and streamline things. Based on how I'm feeling about my entry and your performance this year, I think the judges are in for two treats (and a really tough judgment call)!
Old Yesterday, 08:02 PM
Han Solo shot first!

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6634
Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk Silk
Good luck everyone. I've decided not to even peek at the ingredients until I can comment on them

"Play HAVOC! And Let Lose the Dogs of WAR!"

DMing: An Untimely EncounterPosting Status: Normal
Old Yesterday, 09:17 PM
Phial of Babel

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unko Talok View Post
......... only 2100 words over the limit! HA!
I'm starting my draft now. I really hope to be over by a more reasonable amount than last time. Doubling the word count would be like that time I accidentally ordered tripe in mucosy red sauce in Portugal. I've been to 45 countries, it was by far the most difficult thing to eat in any of them, and the taste just hung between your teeth for the whole day........despite trading it out for salted fish. I have the same nightmares about the word limit as I do that mucosy red sauce and carpet thick intestine. Both are far to chewy and impossible to swallow.
Old Today, 05:37 PM
Crushestro, Inc.

Tools
User Statistics
Submitted. Dear god. I've got commentary, but that'll have to wait until at least Sunday. I am... going to do something that's not RPGX for a while...

Last edited by Unko Talok; Today at 05:37 PM.