Game Thread Chapter Two: Tarnish in the City of Splenders - Page 10 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Destinies Determined
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #136  
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Humble Athena Humble Athena is online now
The Midnight Fairy
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 29th, 2023
RPXP: 36768
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Posts: 14,575
Lilith considers further, then shakes her head. "If we cause a distraction, they'll know for certain something is up, and be more alert. Let's see how far we can get surreptitiously." She looks again at the strange 'dwarf' and the giant man, then over to Blair. "We'll attract less attention if we move to the central structure in two groups. Do you have any tricks that can make these fellows less noticeable?"
__________________
"There's something so human about taking something great and ruining it a little bit so you can have more of it." - Michael, The Good Place
'W' key on my posting laptop is acting up. Please forgive me and let me kno if I miss an instance of it dropping.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old Dec 10th, 2011, 03:27 PM
ogamodyna's Avatar
ogamodyna ogamodyna is offline
Great Wyrm
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 14th, 2023
RPXP: 15205
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Posts: 7,669
Oh I can be fairly unobtrusive. Thjorn managed to rumble a chuckle despite the low tones, almost a whisper.Come to that I can make any number of distractions if you'd like. Fhaol and I can go in together...four paw style. Or I could fly in with little notice if absolutely necessary. Hate doing that though. Always want to enjoy the moment instead of use it for business.
__________________
Cattle die.Kindred Die.
All men are mortal.But the good name lasts forever.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old Dec 12th, 2011, 04:34 PM
idilippy's Avatar
idilippy idilippy is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 10th, 2022
RPXP: 15934
idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy idilippy
Posts: 9,575
The group, deciding their plan of action, sees a number of people head into one central ruin, including the girl they are looking for, followed by a half a dozen guards. Two other guards wait outside that ruin, and the number of people walking about the city is greatly reduced. If they want to try anything, now is as good of a time as any.

OOCOk, give me stealth checks if you want to sneak, bluff checks if you want to make a false distraction of some kind, or any other skill you feel is applicable along with what you are using it for.
__________________
"Dovie'andi se tovya sagain." It's time to toss the dice.
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old Dec 13th, 2011, 02:18 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 29th, 2023
RPXP: 42562
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 39,772
Blair slowly pulls out scrolls from within cases, and whispers a few words as the rest of the group offers ideas. "Less noticable...no, but I can give intangible armor to the naturally four pawed one." After that it's words in an uncommon tongue, and the replacement of scrolls with sword.

Upon sighting the girl, his whisper is to the point. "Time for us to move." And with that, he sneaks back to the ruin.

 


Last edited by zevonian; Dec 13th, 2011 at 02:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old Dec 14th, 2011, 08:37 AM
ogamodyna's Avatar
ogamodyna ogamodyna is offline
Great Wyrm
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 14th, 2023
RPXP: 15205
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Posts: 7,669
A low rumbling "chant" erupts from Thjorn before he turns his gaze to Fhaol. In a long string of growls and semi-yips he manages to convey exactly what he plans for her. The wolf-hound's ears come up as she listens closely then flatten as she feels the unfamiliar magic wash over her. A moment later however she lets the barbarian reassure her and then slinks off to find a proper place to start her own small diversion. Within seconds a quavering wolf howl sounds out, followed seconds later by another howl from slightly further away. For the next few seconds the single wolfish dog moves from spot to spot to let out the nerve wrackings howls that make peasants in their huts shiver with trepidation.
Not fancy but might keep some of them lookin the other direction. Grinning, the huge northman swung the massive falchion from his back and nodded for the others to take the forward positions. If his size and clumsiness gave every one away it would be best if they were all closer to the goal before that happened.

OOCCasting Speak with animals to give precise instructions so the wolf can go try and divert. Following the others a little behind to avoid giving them away.
__________________
Cattle die.Kindred Die.
All men are mortal.But the good name lasts forever.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old Dec 16th, 2011, 02:00 PM
jj_wolven's Avatar
jj_wolven jj_wolven is offline
*woof*
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 22nd, 2023
RPXP: 7922
jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven jj_wolven
Posts: 18,890
The dwarf picks his nose as they discuss the sneaking plan, "I ain' no ****in' good at bein' sneaky." a frustrated growl followed by a sigh comes out of him, "I got a ***** slick trick I can do sometimes, makes the ********** not notice me. I'll be doin' that if ya find a way with less of the ****ing ******** since I ain't doin' it that much. I'll stay a bit back too, so if they ***** hear me, y'all kin still go after her. I'll handle the pricks if dat happens."

The dwarf follows the others well behind them, trying to be silent but Stealth 5failing miserably. You can hear him stumble over things, then growl and kick them out of the way before continuing. Whenever you approach moderately close someone from the camp, you feel a tingle run up your neck. A glance back shows Borr Psionic power Cloud Mind: Invisible and inaudible to 1 creature; if more guards --> +1 trgt +2p. For every additional 2 PP spent, Save increased by 1; Will DC 13staring at the individual for a few moments before moving on.


Borr Te'Khan
Combat (HP max 44/52)
HP34/44PP16/19Init+4
AC18Touch12Flat16
F/R/W8/6/8CMD18  
Rage1/18 used   
WeaponAttDmgCritDescription
Gabrielle+91d10+820/x3+1 Dwarven Waraxe. Rage: Att +11, Dmg 1d10+11
Billy+81d10+720/x3Cold Iron Dwarven Waraxe. Rage: Att +10, Dmg 1d10+10
Misc.Description
Unknown Cloakumm...unknown.
Thicken SkinPower. 3 rnd/use. +1 nat AC (incl.)
SynthetePower. 3 rnd/use. Alter senses. +4 Perception (incl.)
BloodedDoes not get shaken
SkillScoreSkillScore
Perception+15Sense Motive+2
Know:Nature+5Know:Psionics+5
* ___
__________________
Fun Frog Facts:
The common species of frogs are unique in the animal kingdom because they are able to mate with either sex.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old Dec 17th, 2011, 02:51 PM
Althea's Avatar
Althea Althea is offline
Pusher of Red Buttons
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 25th, 2012
RPXP: 1851
Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea
Posts: 2,153
Edric shrugs, but follows closely behind the others. For a man dressed in bulky armor, he is surprisingly light on his feet and quiet. He keeps an eye out for any notice of their presence as they proceed.

 
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old Jan 31st, 2012, 08:16 AM
Humble Athena Humble Athena is online now
The Midnight Fairy
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 29th, 2023
RPXP: 36768
Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena Humble Athena
Posts: 14,575
Lilith raises an eyebrow as the large man elaborates on his powers. "Magnificent. However you deem fit, as long as you can avoid drawing attention." She gives a silent laugh as he speaks with the animal, but grins as the distraction begins. She looks around cautiously to see if it seems to be taking effect.

At the dwarf's unintelligible, curse-laden monologue, she scowls. "Just don't draw attention." she commands, crouching down to slink forward, with all the grace of her long-lived cousins.

 
__________________
"There's something so human about taking something great and ruining it a little bit so you can have more of it." - Michael, The Good Place
'W' key on my posting laptop is acting up. Please forgive me and let me kno if I miss an instance of it dropping.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old Mar 8th, 2012, 09:56 PM
zevonian's Avatar
zevonian zevonian is offline
137 NPSG Graduates
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 29th, 2023
RPXP: 42562
zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian zevonian
Posts: 39,772
Blair deduces that the wolf howls in the distance are just audible enough for a good distraction. The dwarf goes from being an unlikely candidate for a bard's college course on manners to likely the worst mime in the same breath. But that just means Borr would be noticed and swung at first by the guards, and that suits Blair well enough, for he knows Borr will swing back with twice as much force. Everyone else is quiet enough, and the wizardly militiaman spots no traps as he and the assembled crew head forward.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:12 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB