Game Thread Part 13: A Promising Start (15th day of Mirtul 1370 DR) - Page 5 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Kingmaker: Cry Havoc
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #61  
Old May 15th, 2012, 11:05 AM
BananaCrackers's Avatar
BananaCrackers BananaCrackers is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2012
RPXP: 839
BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers
Posts: 499
Katerina raises a brow as she adds berries to her mental list of odd jobs they've run across. First moon radishes and now berries, she thinks to herself. I feel like I should be headed to the local market. The potions that Bokken has available does interest her, however, so finding the berries would be beneficial. She frowns slightly at the hermit mentioning his brother and stabbing the man. "What did your brother do to earn such animosity?" she inquires.
Reply With Quote
  #62  
Old May 15th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Althea's Avatar
Althea Althea is offline
Pusher of Red Buttons
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 25th, 2012
RPXP: 1851
Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea
Posts: 2,153
Bokken spits in the fire and growls as he holds up his right hand and displays his missing pinky finger, "Bastard cut that offa me the last time he hit my mother, Desna rest her soul. But he took off right after to live in a hollow tree down south rather than face justice, so I guess it all worked out well enough. Still, I wouldn't mind someone giving him a good thrashing."
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old May 16th, 2012, 03:27 PM
BananaCrackers's Avatar
BananaCrackers BananaCrackers is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2012
RPXP: 839
BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers
Posts: 499
Katerina takes in Bokken's rather decrepit state and asks, "How long ago did this happen?" It didn't seem to be a recent event, after all, Bokken's mother probably passed on years ago.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old May 17th, 2012, 11:34 AM
Althea's Avatar
Althea Althea is offline
Pusher of Red Buttons
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 25th, 2012
RPXP: 1851
Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea
Posts: 2,153
The hermit shrugs. "Long, long time ago. Don't remember how long. Seek him out or don't. But I could really use those berries. Now shoo, I need to finish this project," Bokken states, as he dismisses the group with a wave of his hand. He goes back to stirring his pot of mystery potion. There is still quite a bit of day left and the group could easily finish mapping the area if they choose to.
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old May 19th, 2012, 07:16 AM
ogamodyna's Avatar
ogamodyna ogamodyna is offline
Great Wyrm
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2023
RPXP: 15205
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Posts: 7,669
Colbohn reined his mare away from the strange old man in his camp. A short distance away he began doodling with a bowstave in the dirt near his horse's hooves. A closer look shows a very rough and shoddy map in the dirt.What say we continue our sweep nearby? Just because he hasn't found any handy, doesn't mean there are non of his berries closer to hand. Besides it would be nice to know what all is hiding in the lands so close to our so-called base.
__________________
Cattle die.Kindred Die.
All men are mortal.But the good name lasts forever.

Last edited by ogamodyna; May 19th, 2012 at 07:17 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old May 19th, 2012, 03:56 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,657
Devon mounts his steed & leads Arus towards Colbohn. The young noble nods approvingly at the ranger's suggestion. "Aye, 'twould a wise course be. Lead on," he replies, ready to follow the more wilderness-savy half-elf's lead.
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 11:46 AM
Althea's Avatar
Althea Althea is offline
Pusher of Red Buttons
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 25th, 2012
RPXP: 1851
Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea Althea
Posts: 2,153
With the hermit seeming reluctant to converse more with the group, they turn their attention back to their task. The rest of the day is spent surveying the grasslands. Towards the evening, Colbohn finds a small watering hole with a squat stand of trees to take shelter in for the evening. The night passes without incident and the next day dawns bright and sunny.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 12:25 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,657
While he's certainly never been overly fond of 'roughing it' compared to the comforts of civilization, the young noble finds such wilderness nights much more pleasant among friendly company. The lot has been quieter all day though, no doubt still saddened by their friend's departure. He manages to occupy himself with humming a relaxing tune while he penned a few more verses to his epic before turning in for the night.

The bright, sunny morn seems to promise a glorious day; "Perchance some ease to melancholic grief," he thinks as well. After prestidigitating away the sweat & grime of yesterday, the half-elf poet packs & readies for another day of exploration. He asks his companions: "To what course hence shall we embark this day? / The northwest to explore about Oleg's? / Or seek to hunt the per'lous, savage boar?"

 

Last edited by dbaque; May 23rd, 2012 at 03:02 PM. Reason: added a course spoiler
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old May 23rd, 2012, 02:08 PM
HenryLockwood's Avatar
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood is offline
Barbarus sum
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 9th, 2023
RPXP: 21713
HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood HenryLockwood
Posts: 9,986
"A circuit, I think. If we travel southeast from here, and ride by the river crossing yet not too close - that would give us the opportunity to learn the lay of the land. It will take only a little longer than riding directly to the forests."

Yunnan's speech, though still calm and unhurried, becomes even simpler in the presence of the flowery Devon.

OOCI'm recommending southeast for two hexes, southwest for one (but not fully exploring the Danger Hex), then west.
__________________
Looking for a PF2e game to join. PM me!
Maps for my Wrath of the Righteous game .................................................. ..................See the Pride thread!.................................................. ..................Pronouns: he/him/his, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old May 25th, 2012, 05:13 PM
BananaCrackers's Avatar
BananaCrackers BananaCrackers is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2012
RPXP: 839
BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers
Posts: 499
Katerina pulls out her map as the others make their suggestions. She nods at Yunnan's words. "Yes, let's explore more to the south. However, I'd like to know what had the bandits so spooked about the river crossing. Perhaps it'll be someone that will welcome news of Marel's demise? If it looks like there will be trouble, then we can simply avoid the area," she suggests.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old May 26th, 2012, 11:42 AM
ogamodyna's Avatar
ogamodyna ogamodyna is offline
Great Wyrm
Event Judge
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Mar 16th, 2023
RPXP: 15205
ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna ogamodyna
Posts: 7,669
With a nod Colb turned his mare southward and flicked her neck with the reins. At the unspoken signal the gray dappled mare began to walk just barely into the water as her rider led her further into unexplored areas. He rode cautiously but without fear and kept eyes peeled into the misleading shadows and crevices that within these plains could hide a small army of raiders.
__________________
Cattle die.Kindred Die.
All men are mortal.But the good name lasts forever.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old May 29th, 2012, 03:18 PM
BananaCrackers's Avatar
BananaCrackers BananaCrackers is offline
Old Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2012
RPXP: 839
BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers BananaCrackers
Posts: 499
Katerina puts away her map and mounts up. Turning her horse, she flicks the reins and follows after Colbohn. She remains alert for any sign of trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old May 29th, 2012, 04:04 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is online now
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,657
While he would have thought it wiser to make sure that there were no surprises about their base of operations, Devon yields to the counsel of the heroes more familiar with the land's lay. He mounts his steed & follows the party's southern course, with readied buckler, his whip at his side, & keen eyes peering about for aught of interest or trouble.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old May 30th, 2012, 05:33 PM
Huhart's Avatar
Huhart Huhart is offline
Foolish Mortal
Good People
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 17th, 2023
RPXP: 14491
Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart Huhart
Posts: 4,120
Maengar made no suggestions as the others debated which way to go. Once the decision is made, he mounts silently and follows behind the leaders. As he notices the others do, he too keeps alert for trouble. He hopes they find some soon.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old May 31st, 2012, 02:23 AM
HughtheHand's Avatar
HughtheHand HughtheHand is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jul 20th, 2021
RPXP: 5017
HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand HughtheHand
Posts: 3,077
Bao kick his horse gently and trots off with everyone else. He smiles and breathes deeply, pleasantly engaged in the task of surveying the landscape and Perception = 25trying to notice anything of interest.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:28 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB