Game Thread [Chapter Zilch] Myth busters - Page 6 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Covenant of Paladins: Crusade into the Unknown
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #76  
Old May 11th, 2013, 12:04 AM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
left-aligned image

As you lie there discussing what to do, you hear the noise of chittering and pounding of snow, as you hear the leaps of these creatures from bellow, you notice that a dispatchment of 5 centipedes have reached upwards into the cave, their large pincers clapping with hunger as they see you.

Instead of splitting up, they join together in Unison, forming this large body of pincers and.. well... Death. they begin moving, slowly, yet surely.

Cecile begins to shout "HELP ME! I don't want to be eaten alive by overgrown pests! that's just not the way to go!" in anxiety and panic.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:03 AM
jaerauq's Avatar
jaerauq jaerauq is offline
The Tramp of Destiny!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 4th, 2014
RPXP: 173
jaerauq jaerauq
Posts: 1,673
Amery didn't really hear much until she saw them. The creatures were gigantic, and her heart skipped a beat at the approach of the fell beasts.Come to think of it the creatures did seem familiar... she had read of them in some heroic historical epic, and Knowledge: History
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (2)+5 Total = 7
tried to remember which in particular for a moment...

left-aligned image
"Holy gods! They're bloody 'uge!" She lamented in dismay as she clenched her teeth in panic and scrambled to draw "Belfraybat" her Morningstar as well as ready her Heavy Spiked Shield.... no young girl loves bugs, but this was completely ridiculous. I think I'm gonna puke just looking at all those legs... She was literally about to flee the cavern for a moment, to turn tail and find somewhere to hide. But Cecile... the beasts would be upon him in moments. She had to act quickly or the handsome fool would be baitmeat...

Now admittedly, with everything on... Amery was clumsy, sluggish even. Her shield weighed her arm down so that she leaned to the right where she carried it, and she struggled with drawing her morningstar Belfrybat, as she made her transfer... She stumbled the five feet from Visenya's side to plant her shield in front of Cecile. The movement was very awkward, but she got there as fast as she could in her panic... but was she fast enough? Weaponless and Shield Held high she guards Cecile, praying to Korada that her comrades would sweep before her shield to bring down a flurry of sword cuts on these beasts so that she could better defend the wounded. She shouts to Cecile as she passes him...

"I'm trustin' you! Don't betray us Cecile or I'll kill you myself!

Bluff:
Dice Roll:
1d20 15
Bluff Check: She would never kill a defenseless person, and has never killed a person or creature for that matter...

"Grab my boar spear from the corner behind me! Stab me with it, and you may as well stab yourself... I'm your shield for now!"

OOC: Combat So I assume combat works in this particular game like I roll my stuff, and put down my actions and when everybody rolls, Hanz puts down the results of the round in a single post, right? Assuming this is the case I'm going to put all my rolls for the actions I'm taking this round:


Initiative:
Dice Roll:
1d20+1 (20)+1 Total = 21
Initiative as the creatures burst from the depths

Ready Shield: 1 Move Action.

Action: Move in front of Cecile. 5 Foot step?


OOC: Can I do this? I know readying a shield takes a move action, but I'm sure it doesn't count as moving... you aren't allowed to move if you wish to take 5 foot step, so does taking my shield off my back and readying count as movement? If this is the case, the 5 foot step never happens, and I just manage to put my shield on... Poor Cecile...
__________________
DM for the Civilized Savagery Campaign! In Jurok the Drums beat for War!

Last edited by jaerauq; May 11th, 2013 at 03:27 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old May 11th, 2013, 03:49 AM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
OOC: Stuff and things!Right, everyone roll initiative and place you actions, and at the end of the round I'll post the results unless they're urgent.

Huge Centipede Orgy has rolled
Dice Initiative:
1d20+4 (14)+4 Total = 18
X initiative!


Cecile the Handsome not-be-bard has rolled
Dice Initiative:
1d20+2 (13)+2 Total = 15
\
X initiative!

Order Player Initiative
1st Jaerauq 21 (Stop rolling 20s jeeeeez)
2nd Dbaque 18
3rd Centipede orgy 18
4th Cecile 15
5th Herb 11

Alright, everyone do your thing, and refer to this to know the order in which your action will be performed, so you can keep up with the timeline.

Last edited by Hanz; May 11th, 2013 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old May 11th, 2013, 09:32 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,651
"What the ..." Galahad utters before catching sight of the monsters and preparing for battle. He readies the shield on his shoulder and draws his sword as he rushes up to the swarming monsters. All the while, he wonders "How did they even get up here? If they could climb up, why didn't they just come after me?"
StatsInitiative:
Dice Roll:
d20+1 (17)+1 Total = 18
(18)
Hp: 12/12
AC: 20/11/19
CMD: 15

Actions:
Move: ready shield
Move: draw sword & engage centipedes
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old May 11th, 2013, 11:32 AM
Herb's Avatar
Herb Herb is offline
Emotionally void Runner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2023
RPXP: 1016
Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb
Posts: 3,056
Stunned into silence by the sudden arrival of the huge centipedes Ferris hunkers down and moves into a position close to Galahad trying to stem the movement the beasts can take into the room and past the shield line. Well I'm glad I was paranoid now, all ready waiting for an attack! Letting his shield block the way of any Centipede that tries to pass by him on his side of the line.

'Galahad, we can't let them break passed us!'

Actions
Initiative:
Dice Initiative:
1d20+5 (6)+5 Total = 11
#
Hp: 11
AC: 18

Actions:
Move: 5 ft movement to cave entrance

__________________
Woppity things happen here.

Last edited by Herb; May 11th, 2013 at 11:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old May 14th, 2013, 12:11 PM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
Amery's shield plants firmly into the cold hard ground, she stands her ground in front of Cecile, as the mass of slimy pincers begins to move slowly towards here.

Sir Galahad, on the farther part of the room, draws his shield and continues towards the ball of death, it doesn't seem to notice the assault, as it locks onto Amery.

After locking on Amery, the ball of pincers round up into an ever tighter formation, and rolls towards Amery in a bowling manner.



Cecile, now somehow unbound, rolls Visenya out of the way of the incoming bowling ball of death, before grabbing his blade.

Ferris draws his shield and holds it up, as the ball continues towards Amery.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:18 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,651
Aiming to take the monsters' attention off the priestess, Galahad charges at the swarm. "Remember me, vermin?" His sword cuts deep, catching in between the joints of its carapace.
StatsInitiative: 18
Hp: 12/12
AC: 20/11/19, -2 until next turn
CMD: 15
Spd: 20', 30' when charging

Actions:
Full-round: charge centipedes (up to 60')
Attack:
Dice Roll:
d20+4+2cx,19 (20)+4+2 Total = 26
→ d20+4+2cx,19 (11)+4+2 Total = 17
(26→17)
Damage:
Dice Roll:
d8+3 (4)+3 Total = 7
(7), extra critical damage:
Dice Roll:
d8+3 (7)+3 Total = 10
(10)

Last edited by dbaque; May 14th, 2013 at 02:20 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:31 PM
jaerauq's Avatar
jaerauq jaerauq is offline
The Tramp of Destiny!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 4th, 2014
RPXP: 173
jaerauq jaerauq
Posts: 1,673
left-aligned image
Amery looks on at the Centimbodian formation and shakes her head due to her overwhelming fear. Her bladder was full of booze, and it was threatening to burst all over her ivory skirts at the sight of these horrible creatures

What am I doing? No shield will stop that, even if it had been a tower.
At the thought of tower shields an Idea pops into her head!

She realizes then that the Centimbodians are more than just approaching... they are locked quite tightly onto her. They are making a beeline as if they can smell her fear... maybe they were quite skilled at picking out the weakest vessel in the room, but she didn't care at this point. She had to think of something quick or she was going to die under this orgy of mandibles and legs. She noticed Cecile move Visenya and this alarmed her at first, but she was alarmed by his picking up his sword...

"I don't think..." She began to say shyly to Cecile, but in the face of what they were about to be fighting. She immediately thinks of a plan, realizing how useless most of her spells actually are.

left-aligned image
"Come on you filthy buggers! I've got something for you!" She waits for the fell beasts to come into to range and then raises her morningstar high up into the air. The weapon begins to glow as she hum for a moment, and then suddenly she begins muttering a hurried prayer she reads out of her Book of the Pantheon...

"Blessed Korada on high! Save me so I do not die! Hold me close and keep mine safe! Grant me a Shield..."


She paused as she felt the power of the God fill her with even more power as the Novice incantation filled her like a lust she had to fulfill... A second deep and powerful voice spoke overtop of hers as she successfully beseeched the gods...

left-aligned image
SHIELD OF FAITH! lvl 1 Spell! DURATION: 1min/level EFFECT: +2 AC..forged of my FAITH!


She slammed the glowing Morningstar "Belfrybat" into her spiked shield. Eager to turn away the assault with the power of her gods. She was a novice of such powers, but she knew that if she tried hard enough she could hold the divine shield up... for a little while longer at least, and keep them from eating Visenya and valuable fleshy parts.

"I can only hold them for a little while guys! Help!"

Init: 21
AC: 18/11/17 +2 Deflect Bonus until next turn.
HP: 10
Action: Defending, Preparing to Full Defense next round/throw morning star if the group is stopped.
__________________
DM for the Civilized Savagery Campaign! In Jurok the Drums beat for War!

Last edited by jaerauq; May 22nd, 2013 at 10:02 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old May 14th, 2013, 02:36 PM
Herb's Avatar
Herb Herb is offline
Emotionally void Runner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2023
RPXP: 1016
Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb
Posts: 3,056
Driving forward with his sword aimed ready, swinging it expertly towards the joints of the carapace, trying to break through to the fleshing substance underneath.

Actions
HP: 11/11
AC: 18

Attack:
Dice Attack Roll Melee:
1d20+3 (16)+3 Total = 19
19
Damage:
Dice Damage:
1d8+2 (4)+2 Total = 6
6
__________________
Woppity things happen here.

Last edited by Herb; May 14th, 2013 at 02:37 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old May 21st, 2013, 07:21 AM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
As the centipede rushes in in a bowling shape, it crushes Amery under her own shield, forcing it's weight through her defenses.

oocGo down to 1 HP.


At the same time, Sir Ferris rushes in with his blade as he strikes on of the creatures within the ball.

OOCSorry for being away, now it's time to get the game back on track.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:06 PM
jaerauq's Avatar
jaerauq jaerauq is offline
The Tramp of Destiny!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 4th, 2014
RPXP: 173
jaerauq jaerauq
Posts: 1,673
"HA!!" Amery shouted defiantly at the approaching horde of Centimbodia. She was all courage and divine faith for about 4 seconds, eager to face the creatures head on. But then they struck her shield and rocked her lithe frame. The divine energy protecting her shield buckled underneath the force of the assault and Amery smacked her head against the cavern floor. She bit her tongue... she tasted blood. The metallic taste was new to her, though she'd smelt it many times in the past. The Creatures came down on her like a ton of writhing Brutes, and she felt her bones buckling threatening to break, the claws that broke her defense cutting into her flesh. Things had gone horribly wrong, and the pain was more than she'd ever felt in her life!

AAAAAAAGGGHHH!!! She howled at the top of her lungs. Tears falling freely from her eyes as a leg was nibbled on... a chest wound aggravated by a penetrating claw... she was pinned to the ground by the creatures, and her shield was doing precious little to stop them. All her bravery was gone, and all she could feel was the pain. She'd never been hurt in battle before...

Is this is what it feels like to die?

"OH KORADA! HELP! HELP ME SOMEONE I'M DYING I'M DEAD! I'M DYING AND I'M...I'm..."
She got ahold of herself. The world was fading all around her. She needed to keep calm, or she was dead. The panic was from the intense pain. She regretted giving Cecile her bottle... she needs it more than ever now! She pulled the invading pincer from her chest and cried:

Dice Roll:
1d8+1 (3)+1 Total = 4
Cure Light Wounds level 1 Spell
Korada, PLEASE! Heal my wounds with your light!

The panicked casting was verbally inaccurate only marginally effective... But some of the wounds closed up...

Init: 21
AC: 18/11/17
HP: 1
Action: Heal Light wounds
__________________
DM for the Civilized Savagery Campaign! In Jurok the Drums beat for War!

Last edited by jaerauq; May 22nd, 2013 at 10:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old May 21st, 2013, 02:42 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,651
At the vermin's savage attack on the priestess, Galahad sees red. "Take your vile claws off her!" He swings his blade at the creatures with reckless fury and cuts deep into one of the creatures. His eyes literally glow red as he demands: "Bleed & be torn asunder, vermin!"
StatsInitiative: 18
Hp: 12/12
AC: 20/11/19
CMD: 15
Spd: 20'

Actions:
Move: engage centimbodia swarm
Standard: attack swarm with Power Attack
Attack:
Dice Roll:
d20+4-1cx,19 (16)+4-1 Total = 19
(19)
Damage:
Dice Roll:
d8+3+2 (4)+3+2 Total = 9
(9)
Free: taunt

OOCHanz, did you include my earlier 17 damage swing?

Last edited by dbaque; May 21st, 2013 at 02:48 PM. Reason: dialogue
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old May 21st, 2013, 04:55 PM
Herb's Avatar
Herb Herb is offline
Emotionally void Runner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 29th, 2023
RPXP: 1016
Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb
Posts: 3,056
Pushing himself further into the fight Ferris drives his blade again at the weak point of one of the creatures. 'Leave Amery...ALONE!' bellowing loudly to try and gain some measure of attention.

Actions
HP: 11/11
AC: 18

Attack:
Dice Attack Melee:
1d20+3 (5)+3 Total = 8
8
Damage:
Dice Damage:
1d8+2 (5)+2 Total = 7
7
__________________
Woppity things happen here.

Last edited by Herb; May 21st, 2013 at 04:56 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 02:23 AM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
With a swift motion, Sir Galahad's blade chops right through this mass of pests, he can see one of the centipedes FLING right out of the ball, flying out, as if rejected by it, and slamming into the cavern's icy wall, before dropping dead on the ground.

The mass of centipedes releases a cry of pain before making a turn and looking dead ahead at Galahad, they had their next victim, and they started rolling with incredible force towards him, he was surely turning to paste if he didn't move out of the way.


However, Sir Galahad was quick on his feet, jumping to the side way before the ball had the chance to change course, moving it across the room in a swift manner.

After getting up, dazed and confused, Amery finds herself surprisingly sustained thanks to Korada's blessed healing. She manages to get up and continue the fight.

Sir Ferris, although quick, could not catch up with the Centimbodia to cast in his sword for a swift strike.

While all this would occur, Cecile draws a small hand-crossbow from a hidden pocket and attempts to Lock-onto the swiftly moving mass of Centipedes.

Last edited by Hanz; May 22nd, 2013 at 02:25 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old May 22nd, 2013, 12:19 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 2nd, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,651
With the centipedes now focused on him, the tiefling knight cools his fury, but only some. Galahad charges anew at the swarming ball. His fierce sword cuts deep again, and he flings aside another gored centipede from the swarm like so much rubbish. "By the The General of Vengeance, a title for the empyreal lord RagathielGeneral himself, we will unmake you," he growls out.
StatsInitiative: 18
Hp: 12/12
AC: 20/11/19, -2 until next turn
CMD: 15
Spd: 20', 30' when charging

Actions:
Full-round: charge centipedes (up to 60') with Power Attack
Attack:
Dice Roll:
d20+4+2-1cx,19 (17)+4+2-1 Total = 22
(22)
Damage:
Dice Roll:
d8+3+2 (8)+3+2 Total = 13
(13)

Last edited by dbaque; May 22nd, 2013 at 12:23 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:46 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB