Game Thread [Chapter Zilch] Myth busters - Page 9 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Covenant of Paladins: Crusade into the Unknown
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #121  
Old May 30th, 2013, 02:38 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,655
OOC
Dice Knowledge (Nobility, Religion) to recognize the symbol/rune:
d20+4 (14)+4 Total = 18
d20+4 (12)+4 Total = 16
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old May 30th, 2013, 03:59 PM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
Upon a quick glance, Sir Galahad immediately recognizes the rune as a symbol used to stamp scrolls for Sumdivean royal post.

It seemed to be radiating some sort of magical aura that transmits some sort of energy frequency into the distance, outside of the cave.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old May 30th, 2013, 04:20 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,655
Recognition clicking, Galahad crouches by the inquisitress to look closer. "This is a Sumdivean mark to stamp upon royal messages," he says. "And is it sending something outside?" The tiefling gets up and looks outside the cave entrance to see whether he can
Dice Perception:
d20+1 (14)+1 Total = 15
visibly follow the energy aura.

Last edited by dbaque; May 30th, 2013 at 04:21 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old May 30th, 2013, 04:45 PM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
The aura seems to be racing off into the distance, towards the northern star, that's what you were informed to follow in case you were lost.
It seems the aura is transmitting a message towards a certain source in the north.

As if intentionally, the noise of a great roar can be heard from below the cave, right from within the entrance, it seems the combat with the centimbodia had awakened something in hybernation...
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old May 30th, 2013, 05:12 PM
Herb's Avatar
Herb Herb is offline
Emotionally void Runner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 1061
Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb
Posts: 3,058
Jumping to his feet at the sound of the roaring, his sword is in his hand baring steel by the time he had swivled to the mouth of the ice cavern.

'What in the hells was that! We can't stay here with that......thing down there.. and just when the steaks were nearly ready too'
__________________
Woppity things happen here.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old May 30th, 2013, 05:30 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,655
"By the General!" the tiefling curses. He returns into the cave and gathers his arms again, shield and javelins at the ready. "Sister Amery, prithee, tell me that you have more healing boons to spare. I fear we need them." At Ferris' question, he shakes his head, responding gravely: "Nay, not all of us would make the trip if we ventured outside now, especially not Visenya. We'll have to make a stand here."
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old May 31st, 2013, 09:17 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,655
OOCIn light of Hanz' clarification:

"The sound is coming from down there," gesturing to the centipedes' tunnel. "But what manner of beast would even the vermin avoid?" he mutters worriedly. Standing at the tunnel mouth, "This is the best place to hold an intruder back, but ..." Eying the rope still secured to the wall, he crouches by it but feels his ribs protest angrily at the thought of clambering back down. Sheepishly, he asks Ferris: "Could you creep down some to see what we are to expect? The slick tunnel leads to a dozen or so foot drop into the centimbodia's lair, so whatever beast won't be able to pursue you too swiftly without a climb."
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 12:52 AM
jaerauq's Avatar
jaerauq jaerauq is offline
The Tramp of Destiny!
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Apr 4th, 2014
RPXP: 173
jaerauq jaerauq
Posts: 1,673
OOC:OOC: Goddamnit I'm missing everything cus of work... I gotta get back in this... wtf is going on?


Why does Galahad talk so fancy?

Um... I can sort of awkwardly channel the energy of the gods in a sort of... unrefined manner. Its not as good as the more complex of my prayers, but it has no chance of screwing up, and I'm set up for at least 4 or 5 more of those. Also, I can heal you both at the same time with it... but...

She eyed Cecile with a glare. He wasn't giving back her flask, but she didn't want to ask for it openly.
"It might be whatever it is is really big, and if that is the case.... it may not be able to fit up here. If it can... well... there have to be more caves Galahad. One that aren't full of things scarier than a bear. We have to get out of here... I'm not certain I'll be able to sleep to replenish my healing prayers in this horror cavern..."

At the mention of the plan to creep down into the cave, Amery rolls her eyes. This is just madness at this point... not bravery.
__________________
DM for the Civilized Savagery Campaign! In Jurok the Drums beat for War!
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 11:42 AM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,655
Eying the priestess at her aloud question, "Force of habit ingrained at the academy," he dryly responds. "The healing waves would be very welcome though."
OOCGalahad is still at 5/12 hp.

"I'm hoping that it is too big to get up. But, making sure is why," looking at Ferris and then the tunnel down, "why I'd rather we make sure. Even if this place is not safe, I didn't see any other caves outside. And I can't just leave you all here with whatever this is for another search."
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 12:08 PM
Herb's Avatar
Herb Herb is offline
Emotionally void Runner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 1061
Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb
Posts: 3,058
'Keep an eye on the meat, I'll check it out as best I can...seeing as I'm the only one not wounded. You should rest while you can'

Ferris sheathed his sword and swung the shield over his back while moving cautiously to the Ice Cave's entrance, grabbing tightly to the rope and tieing it around his waist before carefully walking down the corridor and and crouching in a spare that gives him good coverage of the cave and span below him. Trying to make no sound as best he can, and waiting for anything to encroach on his darkvision range.
__________________
Woppity things happen here.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 12:33 PM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
Ferris reaches into the cavern to look about, however, all he manages to see is a horrific scene of several HUNDRED centipedes, all shredded into pieces. Suddenly, a lonely Centipede lurks cautiously as it is swiftly and horrifically snatched into the darkness, you can hear the voice of the centipede as it chirps wildly, being cur limb from limb, it's head tossed aside, to your horror.

The only glimpse you could detect of this brutal predator is it's white eyes, dotted wit his searing red pupil, as it fades back from whence it came.
This could be your death, but it also could mean riches if such an animal were killed and brought to the city.

Suddenly, with no warning, the rope which Ferris hangs by begins to tear quite rapidly around the grapnel area, something which everyone notices thanks to the echoes of SCCHHHHHH sounds that the rope is making..

Last edited by Hanz; Jun 1st, 2013 at 03:42 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 04:09 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,655
Galahad drops his javelin and races to the tearing rope. Grabbing it past the tear and planting his feet, he tries to yank the aasimar back up, or at least keep him from falling. "Hold on!" Calling over his shoulder, "Cecile, give me a hand!" Under no circumstances is he letting his comrade fall alone into this beast's den.
OOC
Dice Strength check:
d20+3 (17)+3 Total = 20

Last edited by dbaque; Jun 1st, 2013 at 04:10 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old Jun 1st, 2013, 04:33 PM
Hanz's Avatar
Hanz Hanz is offline
⛧Thaumaturge ⛧
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Sep 27th, 2020
RPXP: 2115
Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz Hanz
Posts: 3,250
left-aligned image
As the rope cuts, and Ferris begins falling towards his imminent doom, the brave sir Galahad runs in and grabs it at the last second, with mighty force, he begins to pull it over his shoulder, providing time for Ferris to climb.

The Dark beast, however, seeing that Ferris was an easy target, stood there, in the darkness, awaiting for the paladin to fall prey to his razor-sharp shark teeth, if Ferris were to look down, he's notice a large set of destructive chewing teeth, glowing white in the concealment of darkness.

OOCINTENSE!.. Anyway, excuse me crappy drawing, it's 12:30 AM. (Midnight)
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 03:29 PM
Herb's Avatar
Herb Herb is offline
Emotionally void Runner
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 1061
Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb Herb
Posts: 3,058
As the rope suddenly jerks about him, then stops just as quickly Ferris hangs onto the rope and begins to try to pull himself up as quickly as possible.

Actions
Dice Strength Check:
1d20+2 (2)+2 Total = 4
__________________
Woppity things happen here.
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old Jun 3rd, 2013, 03:47 PM
dbaque's Avatar
dbaque dbaque is offline
Community Supporter
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 20825
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Posts: 23,655
Galahad strains against gravity's demands for their friend. "Blazes take you, beast," he spits out between grit teeth. He tugs hard, attempting to take a step back and pull his companion up. "Cecile, Amery, prithee, a hand!" he requests/demands curtly. The blessing (or curse) of demonic strength serves the tiefling well.
OOC
Dice Strength check:
d20+3 (20)+3 Total = 23

Last edited by dbaque; Jun 3rd, 2013 at 03:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:17 PM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB