Game Thread First Steps of a Long Road - Page 3 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Redemption
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #31  
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 04:16 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,340
right-aligned image
Before she even had time to move away, they were already spotted. Lilith sighed as she heard the goblins yell. She may have not understood it, but she had a good feeling on what was going to happen next. She draws her sword and advances to cover ground, taking cover from their bows by using a tree.

OOC: She drew her sword and double moved. Taking cover behind the tree.


 
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 08:13 PM
Bannana Beak's Avatar
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2016
RPXP: 225
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak Bannana Beak
Posts: 256
It didn't surprise Wargar that the gobo's noticed them, the party seemed more concentrated with planning than the actual hiding. Wargar was trying to sneak forward when the arrows started to fly and just like that the battle was on. Wargar started to chuckle as arrow fell at his feet, then another one bounced off his scaly skin. Wargar's mirth ended quickly when one arrow pierced through causing him a superficial wound, luckily thanks to Lilith's aid it was easily brushed off to deal with at a safer time. Quickly moving up forward, Flacari his initial savior stepped forward letting an arrow fly towards the northern most Goblin. Out of the corner of Wargar's eye he saw Lilith move forward getting ready to attack the next round. Without missing a beat Fruros was behind Wargar chanting gathering the powers of his beloved deity, and then unexpectedly he placed a hand upon Wargar's back. A well of warmth seeped through Wargar's body, as it spread through his body he knew this was the love of a goddess he felt. At that moment a single tear, indiscernible to the others, rolled out of Wargar's eye.

Members of the Snake faith were never taught love, even in the peaceful villages the concept was foreign. It had almost seemed that when the dragons fell the Snake lost some of it's power on earth as well, almost as if shamed in it's defeat. The power Fruros had with the Mother seemed like a sign to him that the gods hadn't abandoned the world of mortals. The temple was corrupt as an extension of their god's will, had made the god corrupt as well in Wargar's mind. Thinking an evil god had domain over his people had been a weight on Wargar's mind since his departure with the Black Talon's. It seemed to Wargar that even in the smallest of moments one can find hope. In the instant all this crossed his mind, Wargar took a second to see if he could see any obvious
Dice Roll:
1d20+4 (3)+4 Total = 7
Perception
Traps traps on the floor, and did not discover anything.

Knowing that his companions were not ones to run at the first sight of danger gave Wargar a boosted confidence in them. Wargar's body was as tightly strung as Flacari's bow, ready to strike at his enemies. Wargar abandoned his stealth now that the battle was engaged. Seeing that the north goblin was being delt with, Wargar saw one of the little buggers snickering at their band. "That one isss mine." With Fruros' blessing Wargar couldn't wait any longer and
Dice Roll:
d20+8 (15)+8 Total = 23
Attack
charged forward swiftly moving across the soft forest floor towards the southern most goblin attempting to hide beside a stump. This goblin had made the mistake of bringing about Wargar's ire, and so Wargar's mighty flail flew above his head and with his momentum came
Dice Roll:
2d8+7 (5, 3)+7 Total = 15
Damage
smashing down on the snickering goblin! As the flail came crashing down Wargar said, "Deathhh comesss to usss all." As Wargar turned his head towards the next closest goblin he grinned and said, "You're demissse sssoon followsss."

 


 

Last edited by Bannana Beak; Sep 25th, 2014 at 02:16 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old Sep 16th, 2014, 10:57 PM
Goliathus Goliathus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2021
RPXP: 1487
Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus
Posts: 1,206
Darn it! As Fruros stood up to check the goblin's weaponry, he saw the goblins were looking at him as well at the same time. Spotted, no doubt about that. What he sought to know was also answered itself as the goblins unleashed a volley of arrows toward them. Fruros was quick to Go south 4 squaresmove, he was already standing as the goblin spotted them, and he charged to the back of his lizard companion, using him as a partial cover while checking for a clear path to get to the goblins.

Great Mother Matron, please grants me and my companion your strength, as we are trying to save two innocent children. Give us strength and guidance to lead them back to their home safely. As he was praying, he touched Wargar on the back, Guidance: The creature gets a +1 competence bonus on a single attack roll, saving throw, or skill check. It must choose to use the bonus before making the roll to which it applies. Lasts for 1 minutes(10 rounds) or until discharged.passing the will of Matron to him.

 
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old Sep 19th, 2014, 06:51 PM
Solid Minotaur's Avatar
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur is offline
Stone Incarnate
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2017
RPXP: 1123
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur
Posts: 802
left-aligned image
The volley of arrows left the goblins' bows and snickers and giggles were uttered from the goblin crew. That laughter soon turned to terror as the massive frame of Wargar came barreling through, his flail landing on one of the tiny creatures, crushing it into something it's fellows could not recognize. The others barely had time to register the attack before Flacari released her own arrow with struck another hard in the abdomen. The surviving two began to retreat to the cave and continued their volleys, hoping to down one of the intruders. One managed to land an arrow, Attack =23 vs AC. 3 damage.hitting Flacari in the arm .
 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old Sep 20th, 2014, 01:23 AM
Bannana Beak's Avatar
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2016
RPXP: 225
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak Bannana Beak
Posts: 256
His blood was on fire, was Wargar's only thoughts as the blood from the goblin stained the grass near his feet. There was no laughter now, and they even managed to squeak in the sudden demise of their companion. As the next closest goblin scrambled away, Wargar's eyes never left him. Unblinking and without mercy, Wargar's toxic eyes glared down at the puny goblin as he scrambled away. After retreating to what the goblin thought was a safe distance his now trembling hands prepared to fire an arrow at Wargar. The string was drawn and the arrow flew wide, while Wargar never even flinched. Wargar has had this vision many times, watching as feeble prey cower from his terrifying form.

A stump lay between himself and his prey, and without hesitation Wargar leaped over the
Dice Roll:
d20-3 (14)-3 Total = 11
Acrobatics
stump. Landing on the other side of the stump Wargar continued his movement bringing his flail in a sideways
Dice Roll:
d20+5 (9)+5 Total = 14
Attack
sweep to crush in the goblin's
Dice Roll:
2d8+7 (1, 6)+7 Total = 14
Damage
chest. Wargar was fighting to remain in control, he could feel his actions were becoming more difficult to control. He had to hold on for now, there were more challenging foes ahead.

 


 
Warning: rolls have been deleted from this post.

Last edited by Bannana Beak; Sep 20th, 2014 at 02:13 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old Sep 21st, 2014, 10:45 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,340
Lilith quickly charged in to assist her new friends while practicing her
Dice Attack, damage:
d20+3+2sch14cx,19 (17)+3+2 Total = 22
2d6+3ci1 (3, 6)+3 Total = 12
negotiation skills with the blade on the closest goblin.

OOC: She used a charge attack. Taking -2 to her AC for a +2 to hit with extra movement to cover ground.


 

Last edited by kaylara; Sep 22nd, 2014 at 02:23 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 11:43 AM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932
Goblin Time.
right-aligned image
Flacari Avant

Flacari quickly followed suit to the others engaging in combat, she was hoping to avoid this, but she watched as the others quickly drew to the remaining goblins. As she wasn't sure of the results, she notched another arrow, and at the first sign of a living goblin she let fly.

 

OOCMove 20 under one of the trees. Since one or both of the goblins might be dead, this roll is only if one or both of them are still alive. If both, pick randomly which goblin gets the shot (1= top, 2 = bottom):
Dice Roll:
1d2 2
(2)
Attack Roll with -2 penalty for distance, -4 for shooting into melee:
Dice Roll:
1d20+3-2-4 (10)+3-2-4 Total = 7
(7)
Damage:
Dice Roll:
1d6 6
(6)
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old Sep 22nd, 2014, 01:57 PM
Goliathus Goliathus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2021
RPXP: 1487
Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus
Posts: 1,206
Fruros was amazed at how fast the fight was going. He had done only a little so far - one single prayer - and his companions were already beating the living soul out of those goblins, literally. Wargar was absolutely amazing so far. Fruros was truly impressed by his speed as he wasn't even sure if a huge creature like him could run and Wargar immediately broke that stereotype.

Upon further realization that he was actually far behind the team, he Run: 4x speed[80 ft total] to the eastquickly charged forward, trying to catch up with the team. Despite his best effort to run as fast as he could with a rather heavy armor, he didn't reach the goblins just yet. He was close though, real close.

Last edited by Goliathus; Sep 22nd, 2014 at 01:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 01:29 AM
Solid Minotaur's Avatar
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur is offline
Stone Incarnate
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2017
RPXP: 1123
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur
Posts: 802
left-aligned image
Lillith's blade dug deep and buried itself into the chest of her foe. The small creature uttered a gurgling noise before falling to a lifeless heap at feet. The final goblin, with Flacari's arrow still sticking in it's gut, let out a terrified shriek before turning to run, barely dodging the swinging flail of the blackscale. Ducking it's head in fear, the goblin escapes into the darkness of the cave.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?

Last edited by Solid Minotaur; Sep 23rd, 2014 at 01:29 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 01:49 AM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,340
Lilith quickly moved in after the goblin, hoping to catch up to it before it raised an alarm.

OOC: Double move up to the goblin (he gets an OOO) to get into meele range, that way if he tries to double move away, she gets an OOO.


 

Last edited by kaylara; Sep 23rd, 2014 at 01:50 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 09:55 AM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932
Goblin Time.
right-aligned image
Flacari Avant

Flacari watches as her arrow sails by the last goblin, and she's forced to change tactics and go with Lilith into the cave. In the process of getting to the cave as fast as possible, Flacari puts her bow away, and pull out her sword and shield.

 

OOCFull run action 80', Also switch out weapons using quickdraw... if I can. By my count, I'm right at the cave entrance.

Last edited by Insacrum; Sep 23rd, 2014 at 09:55 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 02:34 PM
Goliathus Goliathus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2021
RPXP: 1487
Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus
Posts: 1,206
Fruros continued to Double move, SE 3 squares for the first 20' then proceed to go SE 1 square and E 3 squares for the second 20'.press his progress, not slowing down his movement one bit as he tried to catch up with Lilith, who already charged straight into the cave. Personally, Fruros wasn't sure if charging recklessly into the cave was a good move. He preferred to lure the enemies out but that's just him. For now, all he could do was trying to back his companions up as much as possible.

 

Last edited by Goliathus; Sep 23rd, 2014 at 02:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old Sep 23rd, 2014, 02:39 PM
Bannana Beak's Avatar
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2016
RPXP: 225
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak Bannana Beak
Posts: 256
After missing his swing, Wargar moved in after the little goblin. Furious that he missed his swing and the goblin might alert the rest of the cave to their presence. Lilith light on her feet already charged in, and Wargar got close enough to take another
Dice Roll:
1d20+5 (8)+5 Total = 13
Attack
swing, hoping to end the goblin's
Dice Roll:
2d8+7 (5, 3)+7 Total = 15
Damage
life.

 


 

Last edited by Bannana Beak; Sep 23rd, 2014 at 02:39 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old Sep 24th, 2014, 02:35 AM
Solid Minotaur's Avatar
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur is offline
Stone Incarnate
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2017
RPXP: 1123
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur
Posts: 802
left-aligned image
The panicking goblin narrowly avoided another swing from the mighty lizardfolk and continued to flee deeper into the cave. He rounded the corner and out of view when you hear a bark from the other side.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old Sep 24th, 2014, 03:04 AM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,340
Lilith sighed as he managed to round the corner and join up with some animal it sounded like, a dog perhaps. Moving up cautiously, her eyes begin to glow a reddish hue as her dark-vision kicks in and she covers a bit of ground, just enough to see around the corner as she places a
Dice aid:
d8+1 (2)+1 Total = 3
Acts as Bless (+1 to hit, +1 vs fear) + bonus HP
blessing upon herself.

OOC: Normal movement forward. Cast Aid on Self.


 

Last edited by kaylara; Sep 24th, 2014 at 03:07 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:34 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB