Game Thread First Steps of a Long Road - Page 4 - RPG Crossing
RPG Crossing Home Forums Create An Account! Site Rules & Help

RPG Crossing
Go Back   RPG Crossing > Games > Pathfinder: 1e > Redemption
twitter facebook facebook

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
  #46  
Old Sep 24th, 2014, 12:12 PM
Bannana Beak's Avatar
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2016
RPXP: 225
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak Bannana Beak
Posts: 256
Another swing and a miss, this goblin was beginning infuriate Wargar. The cave was a tight fit for Wargar, but there seemed to be enough room to move comfortably without much hindrance. As Wargar was ready to barrel right into the next room when he heard a bark, positioning himself so he could see his adversary before engaging he stood next to Lilith and
Dice Roll:
d20+6 (9)+6 Total = 15
Knowledge Nature v. the dog
looked into the room at his new foe.

 


 

Last edited by Bannana Beak; Sep 24th, 2014 at 12:13 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old Sep 25th, 2014, 05:20 PM
Goliathus Goliathus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2021
RPXP: 1487
Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus
Posts: 1,206
As much as Fruros wanted to keep up with his companions into the deeper part of the cave, his human gene meant that he was useless in the dark. With a firm grip on its hilt, Fruros unsheathed his long elven curve blade. Holding in with one hand, the other hand waved through the sword, Spell: Lightcoating it with light borrowed from his deity. The blade, now fully coated, shone in the cave like a beacon of divine. The new inquisitor held the shining blade as strong as he could with both hands, a light grip would be an insult to Matron, for he has to respect and appreciate what was given to him.

After thanking Matron for the help, Fruros continued Move: 5' NE -> 15' Eventure into the cave. He could see his companions - Lilith and Wargar - stopped moving in front and he really wondered what was happening over there.

 
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 04:56 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932
Goblin Time.
right-aligned image
Flacari Avant

While Flacari didn't have the same problem as the human, she was welcome for the light that the man offered. He now made himself a beacon for the goblins inside. She just needed to avoid looking at it, and focus on the other creatures in the cave, and perhaps she could be more useful with a bow, than with her sword. For now though, she kept her sword out, and waited to see how things developed within.

 

OOCFollow behind Fruros, sword drawn, and hoping to help kill goblins.
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old Sep 26th, 2014, 09:01 PM
Solid Minotaur's Avatar
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur is offline
Stone Incarnate
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2017
RPXP: 1123
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur
Posts: 802
left-aligned image
Wargar quickly inspected the new area of the cave and found the cowardly goblin hiding behind a large, ugly dog. The mangy creature lacked any fur with only a few prickly hairs spotted on his legs and back. It had a large rat like tail and it's face looked very similar to it's goblin master. Wargar didn't know much about it, but knew it was a goblin dog and the important thing to know about them was not to touch them, for they can induce an allergic reaction to those not of goblin blood.

The canine was willing and eager to come to the goblin's aid and charged toward Lilith. Large yellow fangs were brought to bare but the beauty's quick reflexes prevented it from landing a bite. The frightened goblin notched an arrow in his shaking hands and fired towards the giant lizardfolk only to have it harmlessly bounce of the cavern wall. The goblin's eyes went wide with panic as he realized he was still in deep, deep trouble.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old Sep 28th, 2014, 11:30 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,340
Lilith looked at the dog like creature. Well he is kind of cute. But viscous and must go. as she was use to seeing other hellish type looking dogs, this one was actually a bit better looking. She maneuvered around the dog to get in to a flanking position with her overly large friend. Once in place, she swing her sword
Dice Attack, damage:
d20+3+1+2sch14cx,19 (6)+3+1+2 Total = 12
2d6+3ci1 (1, 3)+3 Total = 7
down upon the dog.

OOC: She performed a normal movement to get into a flanking position then attacked.


 
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old Sep 29th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932
Goblin Time.
right-aligned image
Flacari Avant

Flacari was well versed in switching between her sword and shield and her bow given the situations. Right now the situation called for her bow. With a quick swap of weapons, Flacari was able to take a quick bead on the goblin dog in front of the group, and let loose an arrow, intent on injuring the creature.
 

OOCMove 20' right.
Attack goblin dog with bow:
Dice Roll:
1d20+3 (8)+3 Total = 11
(11)
Damage:
Dice Roll:
1d6 1
(1)
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old Sep 29th, 2014, 10:45 PM
Bannana Beak's Avatar
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2016
RPXP: 225
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak Bannana Beak
Posts: 256
"Don't touch the mongrel if you can avoid it!" Wargar said to his allies within earshot. Wargar was careful not to shout or make loud noises that might echo through the tunnel. As Lilith maneuvered to the other side of the dog, Flacari was moving forward to attack as well. The goblin's was still targeting him instead of his allies, which he was grateful for. The little pipsqueak would be dealt with after this dog was taken care of. Wargar stepped forward bringing his weapon to
Dice Roll:
d20+7 (11)+7 Total = 18
Attack
bear down upon the dirty
Dice Roll:
2d8+7 (8, 4)+7 Total = 19
Damage
mutt.

 


 

Last edited by Bannana Beak; Sep 29th, 2014 at 10:46 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old Sep 30th, 2014, 04:51 AM
Goliathus Goliathus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2021
RPXP: 1487
Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus
Posts: 1,206
The cave tunnel was too tight for Fruros to squeeze into now. His allies had already filled the access area. The huge lizardfolk especially was occupying a huge chunk of space just by standing there. Luckily, not many goblins were in the cave as they would have geographical advantage inside. They could just see who go into the tiny tunnel they had and just attack him with everything. With not much alternative action to go for, Fruros Move: 5' SE -> 10' Emoved and Guidance: You know the drillgave Wargar more of his borrowed power of Matron.

"The power of Matron is with you again, my friend." Fruros said it out loud this time. He wanted to make sure Wargar know it's him instead of a goblin touching him from behind. It's better to be safe than taking a out-of-instinct flail hit by an ally. At the same time, Fruros
Dice Perception:
1d20+9 (8)+9 Total = 17
kept an eye on the south-east path that would likely lead them to the inner portion of the cave. He wanted to prevent any form of ambush while his allies were taking care of business on the other side.

 

Last edited by Goliathus; Sep 30th, 2014 at 04:52 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old Sep 30th, 2014, 06:34 PM
Solid Minotaur's Avatar
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur is offline
Stone Incarnate
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2017
RPXP: 1123
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur
Posts: 802
left-aligned image
As Lilith moved around the hound for a better position, the angry beast snapped at her heels, gnashing jaws missing her calves by less then an inch. She could feel the hot breath exhaled though it's nose through her leather leggings. She swung her sword at the creature to keep it at bay but she swung wide and missed the terrible pet. Wargar however found the beast in a perfect position, slamming the head of his flail into the creature's back. It let out a desperate whimper as the last of it's breath escaped it's broken body.

The goblin on the other side of the room lost all color from his face. Out of some bizarre instinct, the goblin notched another arrow and fired it aimlessly at the group. It seemed to fly towards Wargar but who knows who it was actually aimed at. The goblin stood there, eyes wide and lip shaking.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?

Last edited by Solid Minotaur; Sep 30th, 2014 at 06:34 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old Sep 30th, 2014, 10:54 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,340
Lilith looked at the dog like creature as it was slain, she almost felt bad for it. However, those thoughts quickly changed as the arrow went whizzing by, reminding her there is still a threat at large.

Focusing on the last goblin, Lilith charged as she
Dice Attack, Damage:
d20+3+1+2sch14cx,19 (18)+3+1+2 Total = 24
2d6+3ci1 (3, 4)+3 Total = 10
brought her sword down upon it, hoping to prevent it from shooting anyone.

OOC: Charge attack on Goblin.


 
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 08:01 PM
Solid Minotaur's Avatar
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur is offline
Stone Incarnate
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Nov 28th, 2017
RPXP: 1123
Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur Solid Minotaur
Posts: 802
The terrified goblin let out a girly scream as Lilith brought down her blade upon it's head. The scream was violently cut short and the goblin slumped to the floor. With the dog on longer barking and the goblin no longer screaming, the cave was now rather quiet. There was a sound however. Small whimpering could be heard deeper into the cave.

 
__________________
I have taken the Oath of Sangus. Will you?
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old Oct 1st, 2014, 09:29 PM
kaylara's Avatar
kaylara kaylara is offline
The hidden treasure
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Feb 10th, 2023
RPXP: 20493
kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara kaylara
Posts: 19,340
Lilith listened to the blade of her sword as it whistled thru the air, giving her a sense of an old Battle Song. It reminded her of how she use to take lives, selling them to the abyss, where now she fights against it, releasing the souls of the ones she kills as they transcend to final judgement. She stood over the dead corpse for a moment as silence filled the area, it's as if she watched the soul leave the body and fade to the next realm. The suddenly she snapped out of her trance as that strange feeling came over her again. The child must be around here. She must be terrified and lonely... Must save her no matter what...

Turning her head and looking about the room, she sees her companions not far away at the entrance. Let's not give them time to regroup and continue. We can search the area once we secure it.

She lays her sword across her shoulder while making her way back to the southern passage where the small whimpering is heard. As she passes by Fruros, she places a hand upon him as he feels a warmth Used ability: Aid
Dice aid:
d8+1 (8)+1 Total = 9
adds extra HP and Bless spell (+1 to hit and sav vs fear) Last for 10 rounds
cross his body.

 
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 02:47 AM
Insacrum's Avatar
Insacrum Insacrum is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 8th, 2023
RPXP: 14728
Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum Insacrum
Posts: 12,932
Goblin Time.
right-aligned image
Flacari Avant

Flacari notched arrow to bow string at took aim. First at the Goblin Dog but soon that creature was a red paste on the floor. Then at the Goblin itself, but, once again, a flash of red rendered the creature nonthreatening. While she was glad that she hadn't been the one to kill any of the creatures that they had come across yet, she knew that given the circumstances, that it might only be a matter of time before she did.

That prospect truly troubled her. But at the same time, doing nothing would result in the possible death of the children that they were looking for. Which was worse: The death that resulted from her actions, or the death that resulted from her inaction. Flacari took a deep breath to steady herself.

With the talk of continuing the advance into the rest of the cave, Flacari went to the dead goblin, and retrieved the arrows that it had been carrying. If things went as she expected, she was going to need them. "Lead on."
 

OOCAction: Loot some arrows

Last edited by Insacrum; Oct 2nd, 2014 at 02:48 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 08:23 AM
Goliathus Goliathus is offline
Great Wyrm
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: May 30th, 2021
RPXP: 1487
Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus Goliathus
Posts: 1,206
Fruros finally had a chance to go into the area after his companions finished their work there. Skipping over the dog's corpse, Fruros
Dice Perception(Search):
1d20+9 (10)+9 Total = 19
checked on the only object in the room, figuring what it was, flipping it around or just messed around trying to see if he could find anything useful on it. While Lilith had another opinion on search the room, Fruros figured since it was only a single object, it didn't hurt to search and be done with it.

Regardless of what that action yielded him, Fruros went back to join his party, positioning himself in the front alongside Lilith. Passing by Flacari, he Guidance: +1 on single attack, saving throws or skill roll, expire in 10 roundspassed on some of Matron's power to the girl. He wasn't sure if the power of Matron would work on her as she was kinda...demonic by appearance but it didn't hurt to give it a try.

 
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old Oct 2nd, 2014, 01:57 PM
Bannana Beak's Avatar
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak is offline
Mature Adult Dragon
 
Tools
User Statistics
Last Visit: Jun 5th, 2016
RPXP: 225
Bannana Beak Bannana Beak Bannana Beak
Posts: 256
The enemies were all slain, as usual Wargar was feeling the sweet ecstasy from ending lives. He knew he shouldn't enjoy it, but ending lives was as much a part of him as his own arm. Some people have a skills in life they cannot escape, but if he cannot escape it then he will use it for the right purposes. These creatures would have eaten the children without a second thought and Wargar would not let the innocent fall victim to those with malicious intent. There is evil in this world that must be fought, not all creatures deserve mercy. These thoughts were swimming in his head as the party finished off the last Goblin & rummaged about in the cave.

After doing a quick sweep the party grouped up and prepared to move further into the cave. Wargar followed his other companions closely, ready to get back into the action again. A bugbear was a mighty enemy and the fight it promised would bring immense pleasure to Wargar. Wargar remained silent to hopefully catch the next batch of enemies by surprise.

Last edited by Bannana Beak; Oct 2nd, 2014 at 01:59 PM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 AM.
Skin by Birched, making use of original art by paiute.( 2009-2012)


RPG Crossing, Copyright ©2003 - 2023, RPG Crossing Inc; powered by vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2023, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Template-Modifications by TMB