RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-09-2015, 03:18 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
@connor: Your character link isn't working anymore, which is frustrating because I know it was before (I glanced at it once)

@dbaque: Your sheet checks out. You are free to post.

@Rolzup: STR and DEX do not have any affect on attack rolls anymore: your ranged/melee attack bonus will both be +3 unless you put ranks in in the melee focus (or ranged focus) feat. Also, if you're only going to partially apply modifiers (like damaging on TK), make sure to note it: do something like this : Damaging (5/6). Where is your dodge bonus coming from? I don't see that you took the dodge focus feat, and dex no longer increases AC. Finally, unless my math is off, you should have 3 skill points left to spend (you only spent 17, unless you meant to spend 16, in which case you have 1 too many skill ranks, and 1 more power point left) (Stats costs 2 points, saves cost 8, attack/defense costs 14, skills cost 5 (or 4, depending), 1 feat, TK costs (5*6-1+1+1=31), your protection costs (3*4=12), and your flight costs (.5*4=2).)

@Eris:I'm probably doing something silly, but I keep counting 74 points on your sheet (13 stats, 14 saves, 4 defense, 16 skills, 13 feats, body double costs 4, and true sight costs 10). Also, where are you getting the +2 dodge bonus to AC? I don't see dodge focus in your feats.

@Scimmy: You actually aren't small sized (sorry!). Where are you getting your dodge bonus (seriously, am I missing something? half of you have dodge bonuses that I don't seem to be able to find on your sheet.) Also, what is your boost boosting? You have to specify when you choose the power. I'm having a bit of trouble following your powers point calculations. Each array should cost as much as the most expensive power in the array, +1 point per alt power, or +2 if it's dynamic. It seems to me your light control is correct, but your color control should be (21, for create objects)+6=27, unless it's dynamic in which case it should cost 21+12=33. So you're either 2 points under or 4 points over.

Last edited by darthcharon; 01-09-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:26 PM
Dinoczar

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 22074
Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup Rolzup
Ah, thank you! Attack bonuses are changed, and the dodge bonus is happening automatically -- my understanding with 2e is that your dodge bonus is supposed to be half your defense, and simply what you lose from defense when you're flat-footed, right? But the sheet wants to add it to defense.

I've changed it though, and just listed the flat-footed bonus separately.

And I went back and added three skill points -- 2 to Notice, 1 to Engineering, 1 to Swim.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:40 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Ah, so it's a sheet thing. There's no way 3 people would make the exact same mistake, right? That explains a lot. Alright, your sheet looks swell, you are free to post at will.
Old 01-09-2015, 03:49 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8726
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
So it would seem the thing I messed up is that the Alternate power feats don't add the the cap of the power points available for the array?
Old 01-09-2015, 04:16 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Ok there we go....fixed it. Reread the array and it's the base power point cost minus alt/dynamic that sets the bar....which means I had to adjust everything. sub-red and super-violet are no longer dynamic. Everything else should be correct now
Old 01-09-2015, 04:19 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
Yea, alt/dynamics are not counted towards the total. Sorry, but at least now your sheet is up to snuff. You are now free to post
Old 01-09-2015, 04:31 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16413
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Great! So, DC, news report not confirming abnormals aside, what is the local reaction for those who don't look quite normal after the Flash? Uneasy enough that it is best for Miguel to cover up his wings in his coat?
Old 01-09-2015, 04:42 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
Probably best to do so, yes. Even if the reaction won't be entirely negative, you'd still attract a LOT of attention.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:06 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
The Google Sheets version of the blank character sheet is updated to be more aesthetically pleasing

Last edited by Scimmy; 01-09-2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 01-09-2015, 07:47 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53450
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Now that all that jazz is done, I should be finished with the sheet sometime tomorrow. Tonight I've got to handle my DM shenanigans.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:48 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Alright, digging away at Tori:

For powers, I more or less want to go full Sunfire/Human Torch. Be able to create the fire, and control it, to an extent, as well as potentially use it as a Blast. So, from what I can tell, I need Create Object (fire, though the way I'm reading it, it's not very clear that I can create an element, since fire isn't solid), Control Element, and Blast, in various order. Flight I want to develop as maybe a later power. Radiation will come later too.

Last edited by Sassafrass; 01-10-2015 at 02:53 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:00 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
You need alternate form and then damage (energy aura) add the powers in that way.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:03 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
Ah; why didn't I think to look at Alternate Form? Fooey. Thanks!
Old 01-10-2015, 03:36 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
And while I can't exactly explain how it works, it seems like if you want a human torch effect you'd want to make those powers into a "container effect" so you switch them all on at once

Last edited by Scimmy; 01-10-2015 at 03:36 PM.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:05 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2165
Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by darthcharon View Post
@Eris:I'm probably doing something silly, but I keep counting 74 points on your sheet (13 stats, 14 saves, 4 defense, 16 skills, 13 feats, body double costs 4, and true sight costs 10). Also, where are you getting the +2 dodge bonus to AC? I don't see dodge focus in your feats.
Huh. Not sure how I ended up short a point, when I was using Herolab... Must not have been paying enough attention, Oh well, dumped it into Constitution, not that that helps anything at the moment.

And yeah... Herolab and the sheet both separate the Defense bonus int Defense bonus and Dodge bonus. It all adds up the same. And I don't lose my Dodge bonus when flat-footed anyway. Spidey-senses. >.>

Done (again)!