RPG Crossing
twitter facebook

Notices

Old 01-13-2015, 07:29 AM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
Connor and Sassafrass, how are your sheets coming along? I'd like to review them and get you posting before I move the game on.
Old 01-13-2015, 02:46 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53450
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
I've got a few more points to spend on Feats and the like, and mostly I wanted to make sure I was clear on the Powers before I finished off my sheet, and certainly wanted that approved before I jumped in IC.

I'll post my question(s) and stuff after school, feel free to look over the sheet in the meantime (it's on my sheet in the Character thread).
Old 01-13-2015, 03:45 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8726
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
I glanced at your sheet and you have powers that appear to cost 0? I may have read that wrong, but if you take a flaw that reduces you to less that 1:1 ratio, you then start increasing the ranks. So a 1:1 power with only a flaw would become a 1:2 power.

Although that is interesting, drawbacks just give a static reduction. So could you have a power with only drawbacks at rank one that actually nets you points?

Last edited by Scimmy; 01-13-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 01-13-2015, 04:27 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
I'm pretty sure 1 point is the minimum cost for a power. It would be silly otherwise methinks.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:39 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
No, I don't think I have powers that cost 0? Unless I'm royally confused by this, which is entirely possible, I concede.

A question or seven million:

1.) Since she's Japanese-American, do I get both English and Japanese as base languages, or do I have to pay for one of them?
2.) With my Fire Form, it says I get to apply my points to Blast, Flight, etc., etc., and I've bought Rank 3 (which is 15 points, I think). So do I add ALL of those points to Flight/Blast/etc., or do I divvy them up appropriately? Do those add to Blast along with the damage I've already got there? Meaning, exceeding my limit of level 5?
3.) Is Fire Control even necessary? I mean, really, compared to everything else. It fits flavor-wise.
4.) With Drawbacks, I didn't read Involuntary Transformation, and apparently if I just have a secret identity and a normal one, I have to take Normal Identity too. Is this true/am I reading it right, and if so, I think I'm dropping my Drawback, which brings me to about 71.

I plan on spending the rest on either Skills, Attributes, or Feats, assuming I'm not a complete dingus. For easy access, here's my sheet.
Old 01-13-2015, 10:49 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Normal identity would mean you have a non-powered form...at least that's how I read it.

Fire form would allow you to spend those points on the abilities, so you get a pool of 15 point to split among them. And it wouldn't allow you to boost over the limit....it may allow you to turn a moderat blast to a full power one but that would be all.

Fire control is not necessary, it just all depends on your concept. Is it merely someone that can fling fire or can they control it and inhibit it and boost it as well?

Last edited by Scimmy; 01-13-2015 at 10:57 PM.
Old 01-14-2015, 08:54 AM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
While we wait for con-man and sassy-pants, I need help. I am making my "time vampire" and I can't seem to get the power to work. I want a drain/boost effect. Basically he is a normal person unless he has some time stored to power a versatile subset of abilities. I know it would be the 3 ppr drain, but what boost type? And how do I set up the abilities he can power with it?

If I model it after absorption it looks like I would do that is, the drain that is 3 ppr and takes all of a particular type, and the boost that allows one at a time enchancementDrain 3/Boost 2, and then for each additional ability I can power I take an alternate power feat

Last edited by Scimmy; 01-15-2015 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-16-2015, 04:03 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
Alright!

Dropped Fire Control, played with a few stats, everything should add up. Maybe. Probably not

Anyway, post should be incoming sometime today, tonight, or tomorrow.
Old 01-17-2015, 01:00 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
So Connor hasn't been on since 1/7. Are we going to continue to wait for him or move forward without?
Old 01-17-2015, 05:59 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
Hope no one minds if I brought Tori's would-be sidekick friend along for the ride. Or the music. Or anything. I really love how we keep wrapping each other's narratives into each other!
Old 01-17-2015, 07:04 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah, I noticed that as well . I'm just going to move without him for now, and go look for a replacement. It sucks that I have to do that already, but it is what it is.
Old 01-19-2015, 03:31 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
So, as a group, should we be worried about our secret identities? Is that going to be a thing, or is that up to us?
Old 01-19-2015, 03:43 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Man, as I plan my post, I'm kinda embarrassed because I'm pretty sure my guy is t going to wade into the fight like the rest of you.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:22 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2165
Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield
A note, Sass: "Hot dog girl" (gods, I hope that name doesn't stick) is nowhere to be seen. She does not look like her normal self at the moment.
Old 01-19-2015, 05:29 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
Ah, my mistake: to be edited!