Old 02-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8726
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post
Create object can only make one at a time right?
Any weigh-ins on this are helpful as I can't seem to find an answer and the description doesn't specify one object or one at a time, or as many as you want within the size limitations.
Old 02-07-2015, 12:41 PM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53800
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
The shooting thug, for the most part, but if he's not down, I leave it to charon's discretion; her blast was wild and instinctual, and now Tori's pretty hurt. And I'm going to guess, sadly, that Tori would fire off lethal rather than non-lethal.

With the rules as-written, I can't tell, honestly, Scimmy. That might be something worth looking into the errata for, or just leaving to charon's discretion. I figure per rank, you could probably create smaller objects, but in the same range. But that gets complicated and messy.
Old 02-07-2015, 01:04 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Yeah that's kind of what I figured. I was hoping someone with more experience with the system might have a better answer. However without knowing the answer this I cannot make my next post so I will await either someone who knows or ruling from the GM
Old 02-07-2015, 02:23 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 16615
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Hopefully, the thug rolls low enough against my swing that I won't have to consider using Interpose.

Scimmy, I would figure that your rank caps how much object volume you maintain at once.

You may have another problem. If I rightly saw the feedback flaw for your Create Object power, then it may hurt if the thug rolls low enough to be knocked back into your cage.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:07 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
No Feedback means it hurts me if it breaks or is damaged. But it should be pretty good against most things since it also is impervious. Against a vanilla with a gun, he would have to really work to break it. Bouncing against it shouldn't hurt me any more than someone bouncing against a wall of brick.

Last edited by Scimmy; 02-07-2015 at 03:07 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:18 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Oh, I missed Impervious. You might be fine, even with how hard I hit.
Old 02-07-2015, 03:26 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2165
Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaque View Post
+0 damage still gives the enemy a DC15 toughness save. Of course, messing with them like you're doing (or relieving them of their guns) could be even better.
Yeah. At the moment, my best weapon is my mouth.
Old 02-07-2015, 04:39 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
I've always ruled that create object can create any number of object, with combined volume equal to your 5 cubic feet per rank. That said, to surround the entire combat area is already pretty much using your entire volume-in fact, I don't think you have enough ranks to pull it off yet, since you have to use it in 5 cubic feet intervals, so even though it's a hollow wire mesh, all that matters is how many 5ft cube squares it occupies. We'll just write it off as a free power feat (progression), but you're at capacity right now.

Though it might be a moot point. As minions, they go down on a single failed toughness save, and 20's don't auto succeed. I'm pretty sure with a crit hit, that whomever just got burned is down, and the goon that got hit by miguel's sword also went down. that means that right now, the only person you've caged, are yourselves

Last edited by darthcharon; 02-07-2015 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-07-2015, 05:30 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Well it says you can make 1 5ft cube per rank. To me that speaks of volume but if you want me to do it by battle space square I can do that from now on. I spent a long time reading those rules before making the cage post so I thought I had the correct interpretation so I apologize if I made a mistake.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:09 AM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
You know, I'm honestly surprised no one freaked out about the blue cage that trapped everyone. Since Steven is invisible I assumed someone would turn their attention to it. I was half expecting that to be how Steven was "outed" to the others....and his next move will take him away from everyone....so maybe he will end up operating in a shroud of mystery.

Also, should be able to post tomorrow.

Last edited by Scimmy; 02-09-2015 at 01:10 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:17 AM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 53800
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
Sorry, too busy being shot to notice the cage.

Which, speaking of, assuming Tori starts bleeding out, we might need to break out of.... Or, at least, someone will. It might be her
Old 02-09-2015, 01:22 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 2165
Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield Eris Renfield
Yeah... Kinda had guys with guns to worry about. The cage isn't actively trying to hurt us.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:29 AM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Well it will end up vanishing anyway. I'm playing Steven as not completely familiar with his powers so his next actions will accidentally cause the cage to dissolve.

He boss, how far away is the runner approximately? Like still within easy visual or a decent bit off now?
Old 02-09-2015, 11:16 AM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
He flat out ran, so 120ft. Given that it's a carnival right now, there's plenty of tents for him to break line of sight, but right now you've got a pretty good idea where he is, within 10ft or so. Next round will be a different story.
Old 02-09-2015, 06:57 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Scimmy, do you want to (or can you) handle the bleeding girl? Miguel can almost catch up to the thug & you.