twitter google facebook

Notices

Old 02-09-2015, 06:59 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 8363
Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy Scimmy
I'm playing it as he isn't Even aware that stuff happened. He took off after the running man as that other stuff started. Best he could do for her anyway would be to cauterize the wound. If it feels right he may eventually develope healing, but right now not any to speak of.

EDIT: note to self, read all postings before replying.

Last edited by Scimmy; 02-09-2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:02 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Hmm, so if I read that right the dc isn't 10+ rank with rank cap being the power level of the campaign, but instead that limits the entire DC? The way I read it was if you don't roll to hit they get an additional save to get a lesser effect.

Last edited by Scimmy; 02-09-2015 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:19 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 15735
dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque dbaque
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scimmy View Post
I'm playing it as he isn't Even aware that stuff happened. He took off after the running man as that other stuff started.
I'm asking as to what Miguel can expect to see when he gets over there.
Quote:
Best he could do for her anyway would be to cauterize the wound. If it feels right he may eventually develope healing, but right now not any to speak of.
GM permitting & if you can make sense out of it, you (or I) could power stunt some rudimentary healing power. Or enhanced ranks in medicine.
Quote:
Hmm, so if I read that right the dc isn't 10+ rank with rank cap being the power level of the campaign, but instead that limits the entire DC? The way I read it was if you don't roll to hit they get an additional save to get a lesser effect.
Not sure the difference you're posing. It is 10 (or 15 for toughness)+rank with the 5 power/rank cap, so no Reflex save over 15, no Toughness save over 20.

DC, for someone running in this round, is the thug still visible or lost in the tents already?
"Pride goeth before destruction...." Proverbs 16:18
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
-G.K. Chesterton, Tremendous Trifles (1909), XVII: "The Red Angel"

Last edited by dbaque; 02-09-2015 at 09:20 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:48 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaque View Post
I'm asking as to what Miguel can expect to see when he gets over there.
you obviously missed my edit...I realized what you meant after reading the game update. :-P

Quote:
Not sure the difference you're posing. It is 10 (or 15 for toughness)+rank with the 5 power/rank cap, so no Reflex save over 15, no Toughness save over 20.
here I was trying to understand boss mans comment about the +5 max DC. Not sure if it was directed at me and assumed it was since the general attack was mentioned. Just trying to get clarity so I don't make mistakes. I had the saves listed at DC 13 which I think falls within the predetermined guidelines, but if I made a mistake I was wanting clarity so I don't do it again. I'm new to the system and bound to mess up so always looking to learn.

Quote:
DC, for someone running in this round, is the thug still visible or lost in the tents already?
this one should be fairly simple to extrapolate. He was not visible last round but his path was fairly obvious. DC even alluded to him not being follow-able in the following round. I would think you would need some form of perception check to distinguish his gunshot from all the noise around you, with penalties for distance. And then you would also need to distinguish the correct direction.

I'm not sure it would make sense in game for you to immediately come to my current situation since you guys have a lot happening around you atm. I think I have a plan figured out for dealing with this situation. I'll let it ferment overnight and get something up.

Last edited by Scimmy; 02-09-2015 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:09 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Quote:
I'm not sure it would make sense in game for you to immediately come to my current situation since you guys have a lot happening around you atm. I think I have a plan figured out for dealing with this situation. I'll let it ferment overnight and get something up.
Not really. Both thugs at the stage are down for the count. Principal & Michael are safe. The third thug is all that is left. I guess I could be worried about putting out the thug on fire, unless someone else wants to worry about it.
"The baby has known the dragon intimately ever since he had an imagination. What the fairy tale provides for him is a St. George to kill the dragon."
Old 02-09-2015, 11:48 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 6049
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
My DC comment (huh... funny that darthcharon could also be abbreviated as dc, not intentional) was actually directed at Rolzup, and his area pummeling: since area attacks don't roll to hit, the damage cap is +5.

Also, you could always just pick up the girl and run her to someone who can help her. Logically there would be a first aid tent set up, though I doubt their 100% prepared to deal with a bullet wound, they could at least stabilize her until an ambulance got there.
Old 02-10-2015, 12:01 AM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
Oh I know, that was my first thought but an eight year old who is terrified and is feeling responsible might not react that way...
Old 02-10-2015, 08:35 AM
Man・Earth・Sky

Tools
User Statistics
RPXP: 52340
Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass Sassafrass
I don't suppose I could cauterize my wound, could I?
Old 02-10-2015, 09:18 AM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
If Tori is immune/resistant to fire, that might be a problem.
Old 02-10-2015, 01:15 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
So I did some things purely for effect and I hope that's ok. For instance, technically he wouldn't have been able to shift to red, and then to blue/green, but since it didn't really have an effect on the game itself I assumed that was ok. And then the knowledge rolls, since he doesn't actually have medicine, but it falls under knowledge (life sciences) I figured he would have some ability to act, but just not at the trained level, which is why he merely tried to stop the flow of blood instead of removing the bullet. (my original post had that in it, but the more I thought the less it made sense.) The knowledge represents him understanding the seriousness of the wound and him having a rudimentary knowledge to keep her alive a little longer.

As always let me know if I have overstepped my bounds. I'm still learning the system so I know I will make mistakes.

Last edited by Scimmy; 02-10-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:55 AM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon darthcharon
I'm perfectly fine with doing RP effects as long as they have no measurable effect on the mechanics side. Also, covering the wound is common sense/knowledge anyways, so I wouldn't even have required a roll for it. Your actions are perfectly fine as written.

And yes, being immune to fire will make cauterizing your wounds difficult. Luckily, given that you only failed the toughness save by one, the bullet probably only clipped your shoulder. Enough to hurt like a sonnabitch, but not enough to seriously injure you.

Last edited by darthcharon; 02-12-2015 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
very interesting reactions...especially from the principal, you'd think he would be shocked or something at the strange display.....that actually has me worried he caused this somehow!
Old 02-12-2015, 01:48 PM
Great Wyrm

Tools
User Statistics
Or he has been looking into it before.

DC, any sign of the goon or long gone?
Old 02-12-2015, 01:51 PM
Windrunner

Tools
User Statistics
I am betting the goon needed to get away for story reasons
<_<
>_>
<_<
Old 02-12-2015, 10:58 PM
Lord of the Dork Side

Tools
User Statistics
The goon is supposed to get away, yes, but he doesn't need to get away-I had a contingency plan ready in the event that you managed to completely foil the attempt, but the thugs are already willing to go to any lengths to escape. You did stop 2/3 of the smash and grab, however, so cheers for that!